• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't think the point of Manly's comparison was how good they are lol

I'm reasonably certain he's comparing the Angry Birds craze to the Pac-Man craze during it's heyday

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Okay, I'll contest mindless.

Let's see you beat Pacman. Go on, do it if it's so mindless.
Why? You speak as if I have something I need to prove. I'd say it's the other way around. XD

Besides, it's not like I own a Pac-Man game in any way, shape or form. I think I played it like one time when I was a kid and that was it.

The more important aspect to focus on is the "Boring" part I said. Pac-Man isn't exactly the most fun or interesting game to play in this day in age and it honestly wasn't about 16 years ago when I was a kid, either. It isn't bad, it's just...THERE.

And that's all I'll say on this subject. Time to watch some stuff. :3

I didn't play much Pacman was more of a Ms.Pacman person and that game wasn't mindless
Of course you played more Ms. Pac-Man.

That was the good one that EVERYONE played. ¦D

Ms. Pac-Man for Smash 4.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Pac-Man being compared to Angry Birds?

I don't remember Angry Birds having platformers.

Morbi

Scavenger
Why? You speak as if I have something I need to prove. I'd say it's the other way around. XD

Besides, it's not like I own a Pac-Man game in any way, shape or form. I think I played it like one time when I was a kid and that was it.

The more important aspect to focus on is the "Boring" part I said. Pac-Man isn't exactly the most fun or interesting game to play in this day in age and it honestly wasn't about 16 years ago when I was a kid, either. It isn't bad, it's just...THERE.

And that's all I'll say on this subject. Time to watch some stuff. :3
Technically you would have the burden of proof because you were the party making the assertion.

D

Deleted member

Pacman = Good
Angry Birds = Crap

your logic is flawed
Don't let the nostalgia blind you. Consider the intended audiences. PacMan is no different. And tbh, for a time-killer, Angry Birds isn't half bad, it just got too big, and was commercialized to hell.

Considering how mundane Pac-Man really is, I fail to see how it's any better than Angry Birds.

Both are easy-to-bore time killers. People saying PacMan is good, are just saying that crap to seem like REUL GEMURS, to try and fit in. Look guys, you can like w/e, we won't judge you.
So long as it's not COD :troll:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Burden of proof, try again. ;)
Never heard of the phrase. Sorry. ¦D

I say it's boring. That's based off of my personal experience.

That's all there is to it. It's boring to me. I don't need "proof" for my opinion on it. XD

Ms. Pac-Man or Klonoa for Smash 4.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't care much about Pac-Man or Chrom. I don't exactly want them, but I wouldn't be butthurt if they appeared.

I just don't want any of the Brawl veterans cut and want Mewtwo and Roy to return. I don't care much about how many and which newcomers get in.

Morbi

Scavenger
Don't let the nostalgia blind you. Consider the intended audiences. PacMan is no different. And tbh, for a time-killer, Angry Birds isn't half bad, it just got too big, and was commercialized to hell.

Considering how mundane Pac-Man really is, I fail to see how it's any better than Angry Birds.

Both are easy-to-bore time killers. People saying PacMan is good, are just saying that crap to seem like REUL GEMURS, to try and fit in. Look guys, you can like w/e, we won't judge you.
Call of Duty is one of my favorite games. I am 10th Prestige, bro. GOML.

Reznor

work in progress

Pacman was original though or at least compared to Angry Birds hate it when casuals think angry birds in "so original"

as I have said before I didn't play much Pacman but I did play Ms.Pacman and it was awesome that should count for something

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That comparison doe

Honestly, PAC-MAN was like Captain Planet, I would only play it because nothing else was around

(Leaving now. Gotta watch the most pathetic anime character in existence in Watamote. XD )

D

Deleted member

That comparison doe

Honestly, PAC-MAN was like Captain Planet, I would only play it because nothing else was around

Lol, I only played PacMan on my graphing calculator during Physics class, and only cause I'd beaten Super Mario like... 1000x. Tetris and Worm were more fun though...

Pacman was original though or at least compared to Angry Birds hate it when casuals think angry birds in "so original"

as I have said before I didn't play much Pacman but I did play Ms.Pacman and it was awesome that should count for something

Meh, never cared for it. Sorry.

And inb4 casual. Call me that if you want, but I grew up with an NES and SMB. Had a Zapper and everything. I only played AB once on my browser cause my parents loved it so much, I thought I'd give it a run... T'was alright.

Morbi

Scavenger
Worst part is, someone will be dumb enough to take it...
Not sure if you are actually asserting that I am not intelligent because I responded to your post. The context of my statement should have been enough to allude to the premise that I was also merely kidding (signal phrases like "bro" and "GOML" would indicate such). This only makes me question what cognitive functions were omitted from your brain. I will spell it out for you, I WAS JOKING. However, I do actually like CoD. It would actually not be feasible to question whether or not CoD is a good game. It is a good game. It wouldn't be the top selling, most played game if it was bad. It is just boring and mainstream. Doesn't actually make the game bad. I just wanted to address this premise because Smash could be compared to CoD. Over hyped, poor mechanics, pitiful graphical capabilities. However, both sell well. Why? Because they are fun.

Now I am off to go take my anti-depressants.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My favorite kinds of games are RTSs, RPGs, SRPGs, platformers and action/adventure games.

I never could get into other fighting games because of the controls in those games. I have a lot of difficulties pulling them and being physically handicapped doesn't help at all.

I don't like FPSs either.

Reznor

work in progress
Meh, never cared for it. Sorry.

And inb4 casual. Call me that if you want, but I grew up with an NES and SMB. Had a Zapper and everything. I only played AB once on my browser cause my parents loved it so much, I thought I'd give it a run... T'was alright.
why would some one call you a casual for not playing Ms.Pacman :rotfl:

D

Deleted member

Not sure if you are actually asserting that I am not intelligent because I responded to your post. The context of my statement should have been enough to allude to the premise that I was also merely kidding (signal phrases like "bro" and "GOML" would indicate such). This only makes me question what cognitive functions were omitted from your brain. I will spell it out for you, I WAS JOKING. However, I do actually like CoD. It would actually not be feasible to question whether or not CoD is a good game. It is a good game. It wouldn't be the top selling, most played game if it was bad. It is just boring and mainstream. Doesn't actually make the game bad. I just wanted to address this premise because Smash could be compared to CoD. Over hyped, poor mechanics, pitiful graphical capabilities. However, both sell well. Why? Because they are fun.

Now I am off to go take my anti-depressants.
I was saying you were trying to bait people into a flame war about CoD. Which, considering the rest of your post, you still are...

C'mon man, this ain't my first rodeo.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Oh ****, I didn't know we had elitist about Angry Birds. I wasn't never into when it was all hyped and I never thought much of it but apparently bad blood?
I liked Dig Dug better anyway.
While we are at it, I guess I rather see that whatever-his-name-is-Duck-Hunt-Dog

I can see Manly with his hand out right now saying "Let's be real" LOL

D

Deleted member

why would some one call you a casual for not playing Ms.Pacman :rotfl:
Because apparently, if you can't "appreciate the classics" then you're not a REAL GAMER. I'm sorry, but I wasn't born in the early 80's (thank God for that).

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Well, next week is gonna be an interesting week to say the least.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Both are easy-to-bore time killers. People saying PacMan is good, are just saying that crap to seem like REUL GEMURS, to try and fit in.
Meanwhile I'm just over here playing Pac-Man World 2, enjoying the hell out of it. :laugh:

Reznor

work in progress
Oh ****, I didn't know we had elitist about Angry Birds. I wasn't never into when it was all hyped and I never thought much of it but apparently bad blood?
it's not Angry Birds itself as much as its fans who call it the new Mario :facepalm:

Because apparently, if you can't "appreciate the classics" then you're not a REAL GAMER. I'm sorry, but I wasn't born in the early 80's (thank God for that).
na man as long as you like at least 1 classic old school game its all good

Morbi

Scavenger
I was saying you were trying to bait people into a flame war about CoD. Which, considering the rest of your post, you still are...

C'mon man, this ain't my first rodeo.
I am trying to bait people into a flame war? Thank you for presenting such a staggering response. I am surprised by your sheer intellect. I was merely comparing CoD to Smash. You were the one that called me unintelligent for responding to your joke with a joke. I am not a very funny individual. So it might have come across as serious. However, I assure you, it was not serious.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I always just Riot Shield Bash in CoD. I rarely play though. I'd like Duck Hunt Dog, and Dig Dug too if he was Nintendo (is he?). Makes me wonder what retro characters we get.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
if I had to pick a specific game genre that I gravitate towards, it would be survival horror

but really, I just like whatever I find fun, I guess

and looooord lol, I can't stand when people throw around terms like "real gamer"

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I am trying to bait people into a flame war? Thank you for presenting such a staggering response. I am surprised by your sheer intellect. I was merely comparing CoD to Smash. You were the one that called me unintelligent for responding to your joke with a joke. I am not a very funny individual. So it might have come across as serious. However, I assure you, it was not serious.
I'm sorry, my friend. Not to knock but you will never take the place of N when it comes to vocabulary. I swear once a day when I talk to him I have to look up a least 2 words he said to me.

Dude's a thesaurus

Morbi

Scavenger
if I had to pick a specific game genre that I gravitate towards, it would be survival horror

but really, I just like whatever I find fun, I guess

and looooord lol, I can't stand when people throw around terms like "real gamer"
I also really enjoy survival horror. All of the best franchises start to gravitate towards a more action orientated premise. Resident Evil and Dead Space are two great examples.

"Real Gamer" I haven't a clue what that means. I suppose it means that you arbitrarily do not play the same games that the individual accusing you of not being a "real gamer" plays. Maybe it is a quantitative problem. If you don't play more than X games, you are not a real gamer. This topic has been beaten to death though. There is no such thing as a "real gamer".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom