• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinfordmac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
quinford_GameCo
And we in here talkin' bout classics

Not today's, not today's, not today's.

We talkin bout classics

HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO BE A BETTER GAMER WITH CLASSICS

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
This is the best this thread's been in a while

I'm currently at 26 alerts, I'm scared. Anyway, if not Frogger, can I interest any of you in Centipede?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
if I had to pick a specific game genre that I gravitate towards, it would be survival horror

but really, I just like whatever I find fun, I guess

and looooord lol, I can't stand when people throw around terms like "real gamer"

People claiming they're "hardcore gamers" are just as bad.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Person A: All gamers have played Pac-Man at least once.
Person B: I'm a gamer and I've never played Pac-Man before.
Person A: Then, you're not a true gamer.

It's ridiculous.

Reznor

work in progress
then when Person B finds out Person A plays Dwarf Fortress he takes it all back

I said frogs not toads. Toads are for ******s.
Toads are Frogs and Bees are Wasps this is the common sense of a lazy person
im the lazy person

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm sorry, my friend. Not to knock but you will never take the place of N when it comes to vocabulary. I swear once a day when I talk to him I have to look up a least 2 words he said to me.

Dude's a thesaurus
What? I am not trying to be a thesaurus. Trust me, I would use much more impressive words if that was my intent. I am just typing up what I usually would in a colloquial environment. I have conditioned myself to type this way. It might come across as such because my intelligence was just being questioned; however, these are words that I use on a daily basis. I don't need precariously throw around "big" words to be officious. I am used to an academic setting (currently taking a ton of classes). So that conditioning is enabling me to type more adequately. I most certainly do not wish to sound pretentious.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No, because PacMan is that popular. Every second at least someone on this planet is in pleasure-inducing body contortions due to the yellow sphere.
And long as they try to show us it like we are a bunch of Pac-Man voyeurs, there will be a negative reaction.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
What? I am not trying to be a thesaurus. Trust me, I would use much more impressive words if that was my intent. I am just typing up what I usually would in a colloquial environment. I have conditioned myself to type this way. It might come across as such because my intelligence was just being questioned; however, these are words that I use on a daily basis. I don't need precariously throw around "big" words to be officious. I am used to an academic setting (currently taking a ton of classes). So that conditioning is enabling me to type more adequately. I most certainly do not wish to sound pretentious.
Oh no. (Inb4Kuncklesreferenceagain) I'm not trying to challenge you, I'm just saying it reminds me of him. He uses words I have to look up even when we are just Skype chatting. I can normally use context clues though XD

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh no. (Inb4Kuncklesreferenceagain) I'm not trying to challenge you, I'm just saying it reminds me of him. He uses words I have to look up even when we are just Skype chatting. I can normally use context clues though XD
:facepalm:
I am trying to imply that I am not attempting to be pretentious. I wouldn't mind reading some of his posts though.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Idk why they took out his fangs. I thought Knuckles with fangs were fitting.
I'm a loving soul

but anyone who put "hardcore" in the same breath as "gamer"

deserves to never be taken seriously in life lol
Ladies and Gentleman the Nostradamus of the gaming industry. So many video game company reps use the phrase "hardcore gaming"; therefore, we cannot take them seriously.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
N's a thesaurus? Loooool. Ya'll don't even know.

And this "gamer" argument is dumb. If you play games, you play games; labels are pointless.

Smooth Criminal

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

It's ridiculous.
The "Can't beat Call of Duty on veteran with only a pistol? Shows what kind of gamer you are!" kind of examples make me laugh my ass off more, personally. :p

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
:facepalm:
I am trying to imply that I am not attempting to be pretentious. I wouldn't mind reading some of his posts though.
I KNOW YOU ARE. I would tell you his username but I wasn't never good at remembering it and his real name was so much easier.
N's a thesaurus? Loooool. Ya'll don't even know.

Smooth Criminal
Do I hear challenge? Huehuehuehuehuehuehue

I don't think its an argument, just a continuation of the whole Pac-Man thing.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I wonder how many of these "Pacman is boring and bland" posters are for Punchity Punch, Punch Little Mac.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Here we go again... :facepalm:

Reznor

work in progress
I wonder how many of these "Pacman is boring and bland" posters are for Punchity Punch, Punch Little Mac.
or Roy
look i'm marth but my sword is on fire ............. i'm going to get so much hate for this :facepalm:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Damn I guess Pac-man Discussion is the new Fire Emblem Discussion.

Seriously, I don't know how anyone can call any character bland, unless they have seen that character in action.
I mean just because some can't think of a possible good moveset for said character, that doesn't mean nobody can.
All characters can have a decent moveset, as long as you put your mind to it.
Even if it means pulling moves out of one's ass. (e.g Captain Falcon's entire moveset, Luigi's Green Missile, DK Headbutt, Ice Climbers moveset, Fox illusion etc...)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
ITT Pacman is a great awesome classic, iconic character/series that has withstood the test of time more than anything else could ever hope to, and anything I don't like or as much is bland and boring in comparison because I say so.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Damn I guess Pac-man Discussion is the new Fire Emblem Discussion.

Seriously, I don't know how anyone can call any character bland, unless they have seen that character in action.
I mean just because some can't think of a possible good moveset for said character, that doesn't mean nobody can.
All characters can have a decent moveset, as long as you put your mind to it.
Even if it means pulling moves out of one's ***. (e.g Captain Falcon, Luigi's Green Missile, DK Headbutt, Fox illusion etc...)
E.g. Almost every Captain Falcon move

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Namco Bandai wasn't developing the game, I wonder how many people would be giving a **** about Pac-Man.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
ITT Pacman is a great awesome classic, iconic character/series that has withstood the test of time more than anything else could ever hope to, and anything I don't like or as much is bland and boring in comparison because I say so.

More like ITT we desperately troll and try to start flame wars because we are absolutely desperate for a conversation and there are no good smash 4 speculation topics left.

At least it feels that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom