• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioAnIke

Smash Cadet
NNID
LuigiCheezburger
How can you feel bad when you realize Toad, Dixie Kong, Ivysaur, and Sonic are all the same height at 3' 3"?

The beauty of figuring out heights.
Well, Toad's height comes close to Mario's, so then Mario must be like 4' 4"

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Are we doing Halloween icons now? PERFECT.

Also, I'd like to ask here: What's a realistic amount of stages for the game?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Animating Sonic's stupid mouth must be so crazy. I don't get it myself. Jumps from side to side. How do they even model that.
They most likely have a rig where his mouth geometry flips over the axis (Z or X) so it can mirror over to the right or left side when need be.
I'm also sure they use something similar to blend-shapes to get the mouth to move to the center.

Reznor

work in progress
Are we doing Halloween icons now? PERFECT.

Also, I'd like to ask here: What's a realistic amount of stages for the game?
dang I need a halloween Icon also

we will probably get 100 stages thanks to no SSE :awesome:

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Hey guys, what starter(s) are you going for in Pokemon X and Y?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Froakie, I have no regrets sticking with him. I loved him when he was first revealed, loved him when his 1st evo got revealed and really warmed up to his final evo. Overall I can say that for the most part this isn't exactly the best pair of starters, I'd say Unova might be a little bit better but that's only because Serperior is honestly one of the best starter designs ever in my eyes. Certainly better then Kanto and Johto's set for the most part though.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I just saw most of the pokemon from X and Y. Hype for certain Mega Pokemon.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Pssh **** mega charizard, I'm getting Y for the following reasoning
I don't give a **** about Mega Mewtwo
I don't give a **** about Mega Charizard
Swirlix was a cute mofo but the evolution rubbed me the wrong way
I don't really care about the legends...
So who influenced my decision? SKRELP =P

Currently I plan on doing this as a nuzlocke run.
I'll be using Froakie because... I want to.
I'll pick Bulbasaur once I get the Kanto starters because Venasaur is a very solid pokemon if I can keep him alive
And then everything else will unfold in a usual nuzlocke fashion =P

Reznor

work in progress
i'm probably just gonna box my starter I don't like any of the finale forms

getting Y and a Bulbasaur the best gen 1 starter competitively and in looks :cool:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Just to try and keep the topic remotely around Smash: Do you guys think we'll get a Pokémon reveal October 11th, October 14th or even making a Weekend reveal on the 12th?

I think October 14th.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
X. I was planning on getting Y, but that Mega Charizard was too boss. I plan on getting Froakie & Charmander.
The same thing happened to me, Mega Charizard X is just too epic. However, will I be able to acquire a Mega Mewtwo Y even though I'm playing X?
i'm probably just gonna box my starter I don't like any of the finale forms
Fennekin's final evolution is impressive in my eyes.

Reznor

work in progress
Fennekin's final evolution is impressive in my eyes.
I just don't like Fire pokemon to me they all have boring designs except for Typhlosion he was a cool pokemon the least cool 2nd gen starter in my opinion but by far the best Fire poke

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Just to try and keep the topic remotely around Smash: Do you guys think we'll get a Pokémon reveal October 11th, October 14th or even making a Weekend reveal on the 12th?

I think October 14th.
Do you know what pokemon trainer has? A squirtle. Do you know what squirtle is? A TURTLE

These were the glory days... Before this thread got locked >:D

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have a habit of keeping my starters in the box as soon as the game starts... So, doesn't really matter. But I'll be getting Charmander.

Also, I'll get Y. Mega Charizard X is awesome, but I prefer the simpler look to Mega Charizard Y.

(....that moment when you realize you don't have a 3DS yet.) (>_<)

Reznor

work in progress
so which do you guys like more Charizard X or Y
I like Y better X looks like its trying too hard to be cool

and just for fun random pic
for girls.jpg

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I have a habit of keeping my starters in the box as soon as the game starts... So, doesn't really matter. But I'll be getting Charmander.
Why is that? :confused:

(....that moment when you realize you don't have a 3DS yet.) (>_<)
What are you waiting for? Go buy one! This instant!
I'm kidding. :p

Anyway, I'll choose Froakie and Bulbasaur.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Why is that? :confused:

What are you waiting for? Go buy one! This instant!
I'm kidding. :p

Anyway, I'll choose Froakie and Bulbasaur.
You know, there was this one time when I was playing Pearl or whatever and then I just thought to myself...
**** it, I'm boxing my prinplup I want to see how well I can do without my starter.

And so I did.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I have to plan out my team before getting the game so I have no problem getting spoiled. In fact, I prefer it.

Atm, I have both teams planned out almost completely but they are subject to change until I see the 13 pokemon that I haven't seen yet.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
For almost 15 years, I've been asked this question every new generation. It's almost nostalgic. :')

But anyways...
Pokemon X: Froakie & Charmander (Or go full potato and use all Fire-Typing.)
Pokemon Y: Fennekin & Bulbasaur (Because Thick Fat just made Venasaur an awesome Leech Seed x Toxic user)

I think it would be pretty lame if you couldn't transfer the Mega Stones.
Pretty sure that's been leak-confirmed.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can't decide. Aside from the 5th gen bulbasaur line, grass starters have either been trash or completely outclassed by their water/fire counterparts. Chespin's line shows promise but I really like the other two as well. I'm probably not going to get the games until December anyways because of my jam packed schedule so I'll probably make my final decision based on their final movesets.

Add in: All my decisions from the past:

1st gen: squirtle
2nd gen: cyndaquil
3rd gen: treecko (and then, as a "joke" my dad restarted my game, so I got mudkip in my second run)
4th gen: piplup
5th gen: snivy (and was so severely disappointed with it that I restarted to get oshawatt by the fourth gym)

Reznor

work in progress
I can't decide. Aside from the 5th gen bulbasaur line, grass starters have either been trash or completely outclassed by their water/fire counterparts. Chespin's line shows promise but I really like the other two as well. I'm probably not going to get the games until December anyways because of my jam packed schedule so I'll probably make my final decision based on their final movesets.
all starters suck except for 3
Blaziken became broken with Speed Boost
Venusaur got Chlorophyll making it the best none broken starter
Infernape is ok

Venusaur is getting another buff this gen with Thick Fat so its gonna be even more awesome

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord

Add in: All my decisions from the past:

1st gen: squirtle
2nd gen: cyndaquil
3rd gen: treecko (and then, as a "joke" my dad restarted my game, so I got mudkip in my second run)
4th gen: piplup
5th gen: snivy (and was so severely disappointed with it that I restarted to get oshawatt by the fourth gym)
Snivy's usefulness is a bit underrated even though it is obvious he got the short end of the stick when it comes to gym leader matchups and his movepool is limited but I have put him to some good use with a set of:
Leaf Blade
Return/Dragon Tail
Leech Seed
Coil
What? IT WORKS.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not holding my breath for any type of character reveal. I didn't when Sonic was revealed, and I still won't now. Two reasons: one, Sakurai is still a random *******. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pokemon reveal isn't until next year. Two, If there's to be any confirmation, than let it come. For the next few weeks, Pokemon X is my main focus. I probably won't be here for awhile because I'll be so busy.

BUT if Lucario is revealed, than I'll give a care, but that'd be afterwards.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
all starters suck except for 3
Blaziken became broken with Speed Boost
Venusaur got Chlorophyll making it the best none broken starter
Infernape is ok

Venusaur is getting another buff this gen with Thick Fat so its gonna be even more awesome
I'll just add some
Charizard will likely get a lot more use with his mega because... Drought... Just... Drought...
Serperior would be more viable once he gets contrary
Swampert was OU in D/P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom