• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Say we get the Pokemon rep tonight, how crazy does everyone get? Granted, I know it probably won't come tonight, if at all, but how crazy, would everyone get?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Personally, I want a Mega Luxray and a Mega Empoleon.

I'd also like to see what they could do for a Mega Meganium, among others. (hmm...MEGA MEGAnium...that's not TOO Mega is it? :lol:)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That horrid thing? Ew, no.

3DSXL is definitely more useful.

And I'll leave it at that before THIS becomes a debate. Don't wanna hear or say anything else in this regard.

On a completely different topic, isn't it close to time for the next new Pic of the Day to be posted?

I'd say 45-60 minutes. I really hope this next pic won't be disappointing, but it probably will be unless there's something new, or a character we dont see much of... like Bowser.
For the sake of variety, I hope it isn't TL, Sonic, or the Pyrosphere, but that's just my preference.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Say we get the Pokemon rep tonight, how crazy does everyone get? Granted, I know it probably won't come tonight, if at all, but how crazy, would everyone get?
If it's not Mewtwo or Blastoise, I wouldn't care much

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I probably wouldn't care if one was revealed today, no offense.

It could be Jiggypuff mainly because she's been around since the first Smash and therefore perfect attendance. It could be Lucario or Mewtwo who have been promoted quite a bit lately, or maybe a Pokemon trainer with different Pokemon. But I'd give it the next week before we have actual Pokemon progress. Relatively 30-40 mins left til we see what's next though.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm going to flat out ask this bluntly.

With Pyrosphere out, why are people still clamoring for Ridley? In Dead or Alive:Dimensions, the game which had Pyrosphere as a Stage, Ridley was a stage hazard there who would breathe fireballs or do his whole ground dragging thing, and with Sakurai's Miiverse post, it sounds like that's highly likely to happen here too. I know we have not seen Ridley yet, but my question is, why are people so goddamn sure he is "in 100% and if you disagree your opinion is wrong", when this is a very likely possibility.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I hope it's Toon Link fighting Sonic on Pyrosphere.

No offense

With Pyrosphere out, why are people still clamoring for Ridley? In Dead or Alive:Dimensions, the game which had Pyrosphere as a Stage, Ridley was a stage hazard there who would breathe fireballs or do his whole ground dragging thing, and with Sakurai's Miiverse post, it sounds like that's highly likely to happen here too. I know we have not seen Ridley yet, but my question is, why are people so goddamn sure he is "in 100% and if you disagree your opinion is wrong", when this is a very likely possibility.
I'm not gonna lie, I had such high hope for you.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not trying to start a fight, though I assume that's what'll happen, but I have never been sold on Ridley post Brawl.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
@ Wave: The others you mentioned I could understand wanting to have a mega form, but why the hell Latias?

And why am I not able to get a reply in right now when I quote an actual post? Forum's being sucky.

Shroob

Sup?
Is it bad to not realistically see Ridley in Smash? Oh god please don't burn me
Don't feel bad, I don't. I was a huge supporter back during Brawl, and when he was just a boss in SSE, I was just like 'meh'. Nowadays I don't really care if he gets in or not, though I myself am betting on he won't.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@ Wave: The others you mentioned I could understand wanting to have a mega form, but why the hell Latias?

And why am I not able to get a reply in right now when I quote an actual post? Forum's being sucky.

This is apparently the list that has been confirmed to be Mega'd up so far:

Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo, Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross, Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron, Abomasnow
Cause that. That's all, really.

That and I've always loved Latias.

Honestly, I'm confused as to why you question me for Latias but not Gardevoir. XD

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Who's saying he's 100%?

We see him as likely, but not a lock.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh look. It's the picture that should've been Sonic's reveal picture but we already saw in that gameplay video.

So exciting. So so very exciting.

#Sarcasm.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well I knew the pic was gonna be disappointing for me, and it almost looks like that part from the recent Nintendo Direct footage. I suppose better things will come in due time.

bobadz

Smash Ace

Because Sakurai would have shown him already if he was just a stage hazard.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This picture would've blown my mind beyond comprehension when I was a kid. How lucky we are to be getting all three of these characters in the same game. Can't wait. :grin:

Alzi

Smash Master
This game keeps looking better and better after every screen shot I see. I also like sonic's side mouth it seems to be a better fit than sonic mouth in brawl. Imagine telling someone back in the day mario, sonic and megaman will all be in one game in the future, they would have laughed at you so hard.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Cause that. That's all, really.

That and I've always loved Latias.

Honestly, I'm confused as to why you question me for Latias but not Gardevoir. XD
Well because Latias has a companion called Latios, and only her getting a Mega form wouldn't really be fair. As for Gardevoir, I'm sure her having a mega form would lead to more questionable fan-art and stuff like Gardevoir herself already has, but I'd just shrug it off. She's kinda always been a fan-favorite of mine to use among psychic types anyway, in addition to Alakazam and such (as far as non-ubers).

Everyone is into Pokephillia for Gardevoir.
You can like her as a Pokemon without going that far... I'm one of those people.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Riddle me this-

Why would Sakurai show so many photos of the Pyrosphere without showing any hazards? We havne't seen Ridley, nor have we rising lava/acid, the common Metroid stage hazard. We even saw a clip of it during the direct (it was a short clip, but it was still footage) it makes little sense to show the stage off without showing any major hazard. Why would Sakurai build hype up for a mere hazard Ridley?

Shroob

Sup?
Well because Latias has a companion called Latios, and only her getting a Mega form wouldn't really be fair. As for Gardevoir, I'm sure her having a mega form would lead to more questionable fan-art and stuff like Gardevoir herself already has, but I'd just shrug it off. She's kinda always been a fan-favorite of mine to use among psychic types anyway, in addition to Alakazam and such (as far as non-ubers).

You can like her as a Pokemon without going that far... I'm one of those people.
The sad thing is, Gardevoirs can still be male.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So

Blastoise ability doesn't effect ONLY pulse attacks. It also effects Aura attacks

...Blastoise getting AURA SPHERE!?!

Would change my mind of the ability

Shroob

Sup?
Riddle me this-

Why would Sakurai show so many photos of the Pyrosphere without showing any hazards? We havne't seen Ridley, nor have we rising lava/acid, the common Metroid stage hazard. We even saw a clip of it during the direct (it was a short clip, but it was still footage) it makes little sense to show the stage off without showing any major hazard. Why would Sakurai build hype up for a mere hazard Ridley?
Why would he hint at it at all to begin with if he didn't have some form of deeper meaning behind it? Back when Lucas was revealed, his "Up Until Now" was a good indication that Ness was going to return in Brawl.

Considering this stage has already existed in a fighting game beforehand, I'm more inclined to believe that the stage hazards will be somewhat similar.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Why would he hint at it at all to begin with if he didn't have some form of deeper meaning behind it? Back when Lucas was revealed, his "Up Until Now" was a good indication that Ness was going to return in Brawl.

Considering this stage has already existed in a fighting game beforehand, I'm more inclined to believe that the stage hazards will be somewhat similar.

If it makes you feel better, I don't care anymore if Ridley gets in or not. I'll just be slightly disappointed, but other then that I'm still getting the game. I just find it suspicious that we've known of the Pyrosphere stage since August, and yet Ridley has yet to be seen.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well because Latias has a companion called Latios, and only her getting a Mega form wouldn't really be fair.
And why do you automatically assume I don't want Latios to get one?

I don't have to say "Latios AND Latias" since I only like one of the two. XD

I'd expect both to get one and my post I quoted states them both being confirmed.

Everyone is into Pokephillia for Gardevoir.
The sad thing is, Gardevoirs can still be male.
I'll take a Male Gardevoir over a Gallade anyday. Those things...disturb me. -_o

I'm loving everyone's expressions in this pic. XD

Call it disappointing if you will, but since it basically symbolizes everything I wanted for this game, I'm HAPPY! <3

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ridley being a hazard in Dead or Alive: Dimensions, which is unrelated to Metroid canon and Smash Bros. doesn't make it likely that it will happen again in Smash Bros. And the two fighting games are, again, completely unrelated.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Back to the picture, I really like the expressions on Mario & Sonic's faces.

Shroob

Sup?
If it makes you feel better, I don't care anymore if Ridley gets in or not. I'll just be slightly disappointed, but other then that I'm still getting the game. I just find it suspicious that we've known of the Pyrosphere stage since August, and yet Ridley has yet to be seen.
I haven't cared about Ridley since Brawl days. I just find it so fascinating how people are so damn defensive over something that no one can even prove to begin with. Will he be in? Will he not? Will he be a boss or stage hazard? How should we know to be honest. I just get miffed when I see people flat out get soo defensive over something like this. I saw the backlash Brawl had, and that was not a very fun time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom