• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I wonder if Pokemon 666 is Dark/Fire... maybe that Pokemon will be named Siksiksiks...
It probably won't, sadly. We have 649 now, so not including the starters who take 9 entries, it's the eighth Pokemon in the Dex, meaning it's probably just a random Pokemon you can catch on the third Route or so. :(

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, that's lame! What a waste... I kinda wish the 666th Pokemon was a Legendary Pokemon... oh well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is kinda dumb that there are too many Legendary Pokemon and we cannot catch them in-game... no, we have to go to a Nintendo Zone or someplace where a Nintendo event is occurring to get them. :rolleyes: I am tired of these unobtainable Pokemon... it defeats the purpose of "gotta catch them all!" IMO.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Why do you say that?
Eh, I've always felt that one of the problems with newer Pokemon games is that they're trying to hard to make new Pokemon species, and IMO a lot of them have been redundant with older ones. For example: do we REALLY need a new version of Rattata or Caterpie every new Generation?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pokemon's turned into a goddamned toss up as far as Smash reps go. Everybody's relevant again and we'll just have to wait until next Friday to see who of the at least 5 potential candidates made the cut.
I wouldn't go that far. Right now it's shaping up to be exactly what many of us have been thinking -- and hoping -- for awhile now: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Mewtwo. The only question right now is whether or not Pokémon Trainer will return, as we know him in Brawl. Charizard, I am almost certain will return, even if his comrades do not.

If Pokémon Trainer is broken up, I expect there will be a new Pokémon character in addition to the five returning.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It is kinda dumb that there are too many Legendary Pokemon and we cannot catch them in-game... no, we have to go to a Nintendo Zone or someplace where a Nintendo event is occurring to get them. :rolleyes: I am tired of these unobtainable Pokemon... it defeats the purpose of "gotta catch them all!" IMO.
D
L
C
Seriously, Gamefreak.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
While we're on X and Y, am I the only one who wants Clauncher to look like Crush Crawfish when it evolves, if only for the hilarity?

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Uggh, while Charizard's fire and dragon type is great and all, I hate that he has two megas. It's just not fair. Every starter should be treated as equals, and the fact that they give Charizard special treatment because he's popular is just bad. Also, only 70? I mean, sure it's good that we're not getting a lot but I'm just so used to getting 100+ Pokemon each gen. Guess that's what happens when you add Megas and make everything a model.

Also, if PT is cut and we get a new Pokemon, I don't want it to be Zoroark. I'll gladly take Gensect though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As awesome as Mega Charizard X looks, I'm still getting Y. I want that badass legendary, Yveltal.

Morbi

Scavenger
Uggh, while Charizard's fire and dragon type is great and all, I hate that he has two megas. It's just not fair. Every starter should be treated as equals, and the fact that they give Charizard special treatment because he's popular is just bad. Also, only 70? I mean, sure it's good that we're not getting a lot but I'm just so used to getting 100+ Pokemon each gen. Guess that's what happens when you add Megas and make everything a model.

Also, if PT is cut and we get a new Pokemon, I don't want it to be Zoroark. I'll gladly take Gensect though.
Charizard has ALWAYS received special treatment. Why would that change now? If Pokemon Trainer is cut and we get a new Pokemon... it will be Charizard. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They're nearly the same thing. The difference is they're inconvenient as everliving hell. So yes, regular DLC would be nice.
I wish they would just make them catchable in-game... I want to catch Mewtwo the old-fashioned way like I did in Red/Blue, not download Mewtwo from a Nintendo Zone or some Nintendo event somewhere. :rolleyes:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Pfft, I want Charmander, Torchic and Fennekin. XD

Charizard and Blaziken are two of my top favorite Pokemon and I already adore Fennekin too.

I'll rely on the other Pokemon I catch for type variety. ¦D

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wish they would just make them catchable in-game... I want to catch Mewtwo the old-fashioned way like I did in Red/Blue, not download Mewtwo from a Nintendo Zone or some Nintendo event somewhere. :rolleyes:
That doesn't get people out of their house, obviously. :facepalm:

Unfortunately, if you want them all, you gotta drive or have people that do, or you gotta, you know, take out that cheat device. :rolleyes:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
And then some resort to gameshark/action replay/other hacking devices for those that want those "unobtainables" badly enough, and then a controversy arises on whether or not it's right to do that, all over again.

Real talk though, I don't mind if there's only 70 new Pokemon or so. With the total amount of Pokemon there are already, it's hard to keep track of every new critter that pops out of a corner, so I guess in a way, less is more for me now, or quality over quantity, or something.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think those events and Nintendo Zones serve the same purpose as DLC... :confused:
Hmm... maybe I was a bit brief. Here, this is what I'm mean:

* DLC can be downloaded anytime, anywhere.
* Missing an event through Dlc is impossible, as you can get it anywhere and anytime.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Don't forget that GameFreak are going very strict on hacking/cheating these days. Hacked Pokémon can't be put into Pokémon Bank and I bet there's going to be error handlers to slow down hacking. Not to mention the 3DS has yet to be hacked so no Game Shark or Action Replay exists, and since the 3DS is patchable, Nintendo can easily block a working cheat device. I'm not saying we'll see zero hacking but it'll be significantly smaller than anything we've seen before.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Really hoping Windy Hill's music is more like this. Filled with less of that garbo like "Right There, Ride On".

Sonic Lost World - Windy Hill Zone
Sonic Generations - Green Hill Zone
Sonic Generations - Chemical Plant Zone
Sonic Generations - Metal Sonic
Sonic 3 - Angel Island Zone
Sonic CD - Palm Tree Panic
Sonic Adventure - Mechanical Resonance
Sonic Adventure 2 - Live and Learn
Sonic Heroes - Seaside Hill
Sonic Heroes - Sonic Heroes Theme
Sonic '06 - HIS World
Sonic Colors - Planet Wisp
Sonic 4 - Lost Labyrinth Zone

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
And then some resort to gameshark/action replay/other hacking devices for those that want those "unobtainables" badly enough, and then a controversy arises on whether or not it's right to do that, all over again.

Real talk though, I don't mind if there's only 70 new Pokemon or so. With the total amount of Pokemon there are already, it's hard to keep track of every new critter that pops out of a corner, so I guess in a way, less is more for me now, or quality over quantity, or something.
*sigh* if that's the case there goes my the main thing I like in every new pokemon game. THE FREAKING POKEMON

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Really hoping Windy Hill's music is more like this. Filled with less of that garbo like "Right There, Ride On".

Sonic '06 - HIS World
I don't like Windy Hill. I'd rather have Desert Ruins.

Hydro City of Flying Battery over Angel Island.

Mystic Mansion or Final Fortress over Seaside Hill

What I'm Made Of over Sonic Heroes

Planet Wisp? Good job. Always great. Would've also accepted Asteroid Coaster or Terminal Velocity

And personally, I'd take Sonic 4 out entirely and put Sonic Youth in there.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I won't lie. I want Knuckles to be playable alongside a Pumpkin Hill stage. Never going to happen, but it's a much more intriguing option for me than 75% of the remaining Nintendo characters and series left to pull from.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

Sonic '06 - HIS World
What the no Sonic boom or Star speedway bad future?

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149

Sonic '06 - HIS World
No Sonic R - Super Sonic Racing?
Your list is wrong.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

"Pokemon aren't meant to fight...Not like this..."

NOOOOT LIIIIIKE THIIIIIIISS!!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What the no Sonic boom or Star speedway bad future?
My list wasn't supposed to be exhaustive, I was just throwing out ideas coming off the top of my head. Forgot about Sonic Boom. My main priority was coming up with something without crap like "Right There, Ride On" and "Seven Rings in Hand". Bar Sonic Boom, Live and Learn, City Escape and all of the Knuckles tracks from Adventure 2, all of the other lyrical songs are just awful. Unfortunately none of us have a say in "Sonic Heroes" coming back.

One of the problems with Sonic's older music is much of it is in legal limbo -- hence why Sega seems to use Seaside Hill for everything now. If it's in Generations it's probably game for Super Smash Bros.

"Pokemon aren't meant to fight...Not like this..."

NOOOOT LIIIIIKE THIIIIIIISS!!
Welp, there goes my childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom