• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Uhhh....
This... probably... isn't the best place... for this...
Funny results though.
What the hell?
Do your jobs and delete that post.
:surprised:
No, but seriously, I'm fine with it, personally, but that's your position in this community, stop slacking/being okay with it.
Embarrass
Edit: This should have been a PM, I realize too late, but it's here now.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Shameless self promotion:

Untitled-8.png

Back when X and Y was first revealed, I wanted a Kalos Trainer SSB character to have the first evolution of the grass starter, middle evo of the fire starter, and final evo of the water starter, and it looks like I got lucky...I think. Haven't seen Chespin's final form.

Kalos Trainer:

Chespin
Braixen
Gerdinja

Playing as Braxien and Gerdinja would be awesome. As for Chespin...eh, I suppose you guys would like it.

---

Morbi

Scavenger
Shameless self promotion:

View attachment 2913
Back when X and Y was first revealed, I wanted a Kalos Trainer SSB character to have the first evolution of the grass starter, middle evo of the fire starter, and final evo of the water starter, and it looks like I got lucky...I think. Haven't seen Chespin's final form.

Kalos Trainer:

Chespin
Braixen
Gerdinja

Playing as Braxien and Gerdinja would be awesome. As for Chespin...eh, I suppose you guys would like it.

---
Braxien and Chespin are my favorites out of each family. I have yet to see Gerdinja. I tried typing it into Google, but nothing came up.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Am I the only one around here who is genuinely worried that they're going to overdue it with the mega evolutions? Charizard X is cool but does Charizard really need two mega evolutions? Mewtwo having two is kind of understandable because, come on, it's the ultimate pokemon but this seems like overkill.

Morbi

Scavenger
Am I the only one around here who is genuinely worried that they're going to overdue it with the mega evolutions? Charizard X is cool but does Charizard really need two mega evolutions? Mewtwo having two is kind of understandable because, come on, it's the ultimate pokemon but this seems like overkill.
I am not too worried about it actually. I think they are just showcasing most of the relevant ones. I doubt there are too many Pokemon with 2 Mega-Evolutions.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
In all honesty, once all the crazy new evolutions showed up it was over for me. I may be stuck in the past, but Pokemon isn't Pokemon to me anymore. I was considering trying to get back into it with X and Y but I just can't.

I just hope some day they have the intelligence to finally just let the game rest instead of using it shamelessly forever, but I doubt it will happen. They'll run it so far into the ground it's unrecognizable as long as it makes money...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
In terms of Smash, I don't think it'll matter much. If you break free from the mentality that characters must incorporate any and all new abilities they gain between Smash games in their movesets, there's really no reason to add them, because they don't bring all that much to the table aside from trivial statistic changes.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
In terms of Smash, I don't think it'll matter much. If you break free from the mentality that characters must incorporate any and all new abilities they gain between Smash games in their movesets, there's really no reason to add them, because they don't bring all that much to the table aside from trivial statistic changes.
this

just... this

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree with this entirely.

It's okay to add notes from earlier or later games. I'd love if Pikachu got his first game's Air Up A, but now it became Iron Tail. I mean, each new game has added something to each character, although I do believe all the additions are from a later game(or many characters do this). Link got the Gale Boomerang, Ganondorf got his Beast Ganon and his new look, Samus get her missiles and later Zero Laser, Pikachu got his Volt Tackle, Link got his Bow as well, Jigglypuff Rollout(she didn't have it till a later game...), Fox got his Fox Illusion, based upon the Boost itself, Mario got his FLUDD...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I know but I'm referring to the Pokemon games themselves. There's even a rumor going around that there's only about 70 completely new Pokemon altogether and that would largely kill my enthusiasm for these games.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Yeah, let me put it another way. People aren't clamoring for any of the Mega forms because of what they can do; it's not like people wanting Little Mac because of his Star Punch mechanic, K. Rool for his costume weaponry, Ridley for breathing plasma and dragging opponents against the stage, etc. It's just an expectation that these forms are inevitably in, and then justifying them as good inclusions because...well, it's the same Mewtwo/Charizard/Lucario that's already in, just faster/slower but weaker/stronger and lighter/heavier. Even if Melee style clones return, I have trouble seeing that happening, considering Sakurai chose Pichu over Raichu for being more distinct.

I'm largely unfamiliar with the new Pokemon, so that's for someone else to analyze.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I know but I'm referring to the Pokemon games themselves. There's even a rumor going around that there's only about 70 completely new Pokemon altogether and that would largely kill my enthusiasm for these games.
I'm hoping for that to be fake, just 70, not even 100 is really disappointing. :(

Morbi

Scavenger
Only 70?! Never mind, I think you might be correct. They are going a little overboard with these Mega-Evolutions. I used to think that Johto (Gold, Silver, and Crystal) copped out with only 100 new Pokemon. That has killed my enthusiasm too. :sadeyes:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, let me put it another way. People aren't clamoring for any of the Mega forms because of what they can do; it's not like people wanting Little Mac because of his Star Punch mechanic, K. Rool for his costume weaponry, Ridley for breathing plasma and dragging opponents against the stage, etc. It's just an expectation that these forms are inevitably in, and then justifying them as good inclusions because...well, it's the same Mewtwo/Charizard/Lucario that's already in, just faster/slower but weaker/stronger and lighter/heavier. Even if Melee style clones return, I have trouble seeing that happening, considering Sakurai chose Pichu over Raichu for being more distinct.

I'm largely unfamiliar with the new Pokemon, so that's for someone else to analyze.
I'd like to note that if the rumors about Sakurai's Melee stuff is true, Pichu got picked because he was from Gen II only(or as well). Him having an unique mechanic may have had a factor.

However, yes, I agree with this too.

What the Mega Evolutions do is make them notable for inclusion, as in Sakurai would pay attention to them more than those without. They have a purpose, gameplay is just not automatically one of them.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Knuckles...

Why you so burl?!?!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Should have used the Spoon Sword. :rolleyes:

Also totally buying Origins the second it comes to DVD.
Wonder how different the result would've been against the Mega Zard X if he had used the "spoon sword". My inner fanboy is more disappointed though that he didn't change into Mega Mewtwo X after being knocked against the wall like in that gif, and then proceeded to knock out Zard again with Giga Impact or something.

Morbi

Scavenger
I used to be a firm and adamant supporter of cutting Pokemon Trainer (because of the sheer difficulty of balancing and implementing him). However, all of this current Pokemon news almost makes me think that we will get a Pokemon Trainer reveal for X and Y. The Jigglypuff that is my heart has broken.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pokemon's turned into a goddamned toss up as far as Smash reps go. Everybody's relevant again and we'll just have to wait until next Friday to see who of the at least 5 potential candidates made the cut.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Just realized we got only like 50 seconds of new footage since E3... Sakurai should put up a random match every two weeks or so on the site.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
With how much of a push Mewtwo is getting with the 2 Mega Evolutions, starring in the new movie, and having an appearance in the Pokemon Origin anime along with the hype X&Y is getting, I'm certain Mewtwo will be revealed next around the time X&Y comes out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey. I heard that there's only 70 new pokemon in X and Y.

That true?

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
GOOD!

Catch em all has become so INSANELY difficult I wouldn't waste my time on it now.

For years now I thought they should cycle Pokemon around like MTG or something, just 70 is more then okay.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
GOOD!

Catch em all has become so INSANELY difficult I wouldn't waste my time on it now.

For years now I thought they should cycle Pokemon around like MTG or something, just 70 is more then okay.
Two Pokemon have X/Y specific forms. Try filling out your dex with every form/forme. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Only 70? Hmm... It sure seems a small number compared to previous generations, but I actually think it's not too bad, considering the huge amount of Pokémon that already exist.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You know what? I just had the most "out there" idea.
What if Pokemon Trainer's replacement is Mewtwo?
As in, All three Mewtwo's? Starting from normal Mewtwo who switches to Mewtwo X, who switches to Mewtwo Y, and then cycles back to normal?
Basically Pokemon Trainer except with no trainer and 3 different Mewtwos? ¦D

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If they're going to remove the Trainer, I wouldn't mind if each of his Pokémon became standalone, although the roster would seem a little clogged with Pokémon characters.

Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle and Lucario as separate characters would seem a bit overkill, even though it's one more character than Brawl.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Iwata: "We heard you all really missed Mewtwo in Super Smash Bros, so now as an apology. We give you THREE Mewtwo's now!" :mewtwomelee: :mewtwomelee: :mewtwomelee:
Better hope there isn't a Mewtwo Z, then the Smash 4 cast would have to face the awesome power of the Mewtwo Quartet. ¦D

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Even if that's true, no one should whine. There's 700+ Pokemon currently so it's not like we're deprived.
Unless one of those Pokemon that isn't in the game and you don't have it in another game to transfer over or can't afford it.

THEN they'd be deprived. ¦D

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Whoops! I derped and read that wrong! XD

I thought you guys were saying there would only be 70 Pokemon we could catch at all in this game. lol

I guess I'm wearing these glasses for a reason. ¦D

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wonder if Pokemon 666 is Dark/Fire... maybe that Pokemon will be named Siksiksiks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom