• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
...Mega Charizard X actually changes to a Fire and Dragon type 'mon.

Smooth Criminal
Well, it's good to know that some Mega forms can actually change the typing.
Hoping for Water/Steel Mega Blastoise 2 and Grass/Dragon Mega Sceptile...

So far, no Pokemon that isn't max stage already has gotten a Mega Evolution. Meaning if this is actually how they're doing it and not just a noticeable pattern(since there's a difference), Pikachu and Jigglypuff wouldn't get one. Not that it matters, since Jigglypuff's a shoe-in anyway.
Hopefully this will shut up the people joking about a Mega Bidoof.

----

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
when and where can one watch pokemon the origin? I do not even care if its raw...MUST SEE

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
exactly why do people think PT might not return?

because of the Mega Evolutions?

Pain in the butt on the 3DS maybe?

Cool idea, but poorly executed?

We have too many flipping Pokemon characters and Sakurai might want to focus on oother characters vs having to work on three characters being balanced together?

Those are the top three I see around.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Model stuff.

Nope. Still Model issues.

However, both Trainer's design is notable, and Charizard is still major in the Anime. Mega Charizard... how does this make him unlikely? If anything, now that he appears in Origins, doesn't that mean he's notable again instead?

If Sakurai fixes the Model issue, I think he'll probably bring back Trainer. And with Origins, using Red's design again makes sense. But nobody knows what he's thinking here at this point.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I expected wind waker hd to bomb in Japan, because the original wind waker bombed in Japan.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
model issues? I see
Yep. When Olimar with Pikmin appeared(although they only show 3 at a time so far, so maybe the issues still exist?), we were sure the issues weren't as much of a problem. But honestly, he hasn't said a damn thing about fixing the model stuff either. I think IC and PT will return, but I still remain skeptical until Sakurai tells us straightout he fixed the issues.

I like to use my head here. Not assume in these cases. The only one I'm sure of is the original 12 is coming back, but that's it. And that's only because Sakurai hinted somewhat at this back on the Ness Brawl Dojo Page. He actually says "I imagine he's a veteran at this point". Mind you, he was planning to replace him in Melee(only), but that fell through. Since Jigglypuff was more important than Mewtwo in Brawl, obviously, him considering them extremely important is... a pretty fair assumption. And when we're talking appearing 3 games in a row by now, well... albeit, the second the rest of the O12 are confirmed, that's 5 games in a row. They're dead set by that point. Although really, Sakurai should just outright state they're never leaving and stop this silly idea that Jigglypuff would ever leave.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I don't think he won't return- I just hope he doesn't. And by any circumstances he does up appearing, I hope Sakurai fixed the wrongs with P.T.:

* Fainting automatically switches.
* (B)v Switch
* Stamina

Just fix these three things and I'd welcome him back. But in another way, if time is crunched up, him returning versus Lucario or Mewtwo returning may cut him. Model making is pretty time-costing, and if Sakurai is watching like he said he was, I don't think he'll disappoint.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think he won't return- I just hope he doesn't. And by any circumstances he does up appearing, I hope Sakurai fixed the wrongs with P.T.:

* Fainting automatically switches.
* (B)v Switch
* Stamina

Just fix these three things and I'd welcome him back. But in another way, if time is crunched up, him returning versus Lucario or Mewtwo returning may cut him. Model making is pretty time-costing, and if Sakurai is watching like he said he was, I don't think he'll disappoint.
I dunno if Mewtwo is a priority to him

If asked if Mewtwo returned, Sakurai said something along the lines of "If we have time"

If I remember correctly

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I dunno if Mewtwo is a priority to him

If asked if Mewtwo returned, Sakurai said something along the lines of "If we have time"

If I remember correctly
He's one of the most wanted veterans who was planned for Brawl when he didn't have much of a face in the Pokemon series at the time. Seeing that there isn't much of a 6th gen Pokemon wanted for Sm4sh except mega Mewtwo , I think he's got quite a bit of priority over p.t. in Sakurai's mind.

He said at E3, "I'm thinking about it." Which pretty much supports that priority.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Where'd he state the roster was finalized??

That happened in Brawl originally, but he made last minute additions. He didn't plan Sonic that early in, but he got in. I don't think it's finalized right now, but he probably has a base idea at this point of who he thinks should be in.

I doubt Mewtwo will be unfinished this time, but still, he's not guaranteed. Likely, however...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I didn't say he couldn't be cut later on lol

I just think he gave an intentionally ambiguous response regarding Mewtwo, because he probably already has him planned to be in the game

and as far as the roster being finalized, he didn't come right out and say it, but the game has been in development for a year lol

so I think it's safe to assume that the roster has been decided already, now as far as who will actually make it into the game only time will tell obviously

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's safe to assume nothing, beyond maybe Jigglypuff coming back.

Being developed a year already doesn't mean much right now. We only knew about him having a "finished" roster in Brawl due to his statements. Sorry, but I don't believe it's finalized at this point. I do believe he has an ideal one, though. That seems realistic enough.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
D'oh! :facepalm:

Design still looks clutch though. He looks like he could be Dragon/Ghost

....I gotta change my pre-order to X now :glare:
Whats this mean squirtle and ivysaur is going to get kicked but charizard survives (but really doubtful) because mewtwo and charizard have 2 mega forms

Ps nice handlebar mustache charizard

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In pokemon news

What is that between Hawlucha's legs?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Whats this mean squirtle and ivysaur is going to get kicked but charizard survives (but really doubtful) because mewtwo and charizard have 2 mega forms

Ps nice handlebar mustache charizard
Squirtle and Ivysaur has been relevant? It means nothing, actually. If PT returns, there's a lot that could happen. I expect PT's model to stay the same now, and Charizard to return. They could return Squirtle and Ivy. They could throw in Pichu for the hell of it for the first stage, and some Gen III guy for the second stage.(I dunno who?) Just for random. I can't think of any notable second Pokemon among the Anime in the Gen III that isn't already a Starter, though. Mewtwo coming back is pretty easy to see. Charizard possibly.

well I mean at least they included Knuckles in something recent

:/
Just remember, his first animated appearances were the crappy Movie and somewhat better Underground. He was not good in either. He was decent in X, and hell, got called out by Cream for being gullible. I mean, her of all people. Poor guy has not done well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Hyper- movie? lol you mean the OVA?

I thought it was pretty funny but yeah there was really no point to that movie
That was indeed a movie. It's even named, "Sonic The Hedgehog: The Movie". Anyway, it was good fun, though. HyperMetalSonic was awesome.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I liked the OVA.

I thought it painted the Sonic world in an interesting way; post apocalyptic - Yet it was lighthearted

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If sakurai can't implant squirtle ivysaur and charizard in a bundle because of complications

Theres a good chance charizard could come alone and get this form for final smash
That sucks

How about we just get Mewtwo back and forget about Charizard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom