• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Starter opinoins?

Well I don't have an opinion on all of the gen starters.

I like Fennekin, but I don't like what it evolves into first. (I don't know if there has been a leak of it's final evo yet) I like Froakie the most out of them.

I like Mudkip, (I TRIED TO AVOID THE MEME REFERNECE. I TRIED) Grovyle is awesome, and Blaziken is awesome.

Chikorita is adorable.

And I like all gen 1 starters, but my favorites are Charmander and Ivysaur.(yes I know it's first form is Bulbasaur, but I like Ivysaur more) Squirlte is cool too.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
My personal ranking of best looking final forms for each gen.
  1. Charizard, Blastoise, Venasuar
  2. Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Meganium
  3. Blaziken, Swampert, Sceptile (This was pretty hard they're all pretty good)
  4. Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra
  5. Serperior Samurrot, Emboar
I agree with this listing 100%. Nice job, Moon. XD

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
here you go!
Froakie's final evo. also, Water Shuriken.

*sigh* That evo is actually turning out to likely be real... I'm certainly starting to lose my hype for these games due to all of these ****ing rumors and leaks but that design actually is growing on me :p

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
OK I need to rephrase this in a way that makes it evident that though it has a chance of happening I just think it's kind of a stupid ****ing idea.
I definitely understand if you don't like the idea, but don't really see how it's unreasonable. Ho-oh's got that 4x weakness to rock like regular Charizard does too for instance, and I wouldn't mind if they sorta changed that for Ho-oh with a mega form like they did for Zard. That and Lugia & Ho-oh are posterboys for gen 2 like Charizard and Blastoise (who got mega forms) are for gen 1, respectively.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
My personal ranking of best looking final forms for each gen.
  1. Charizard, Blastoise, Venasuar
  2. Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Meganium
  3. Blaziken, Swampert, Sceptile (This was pretty hard they're all pretty good)
  4. Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra
  5. Serperior, Samurrot, Emboar

Switch Infernape and Torterra and we have the same list.

Also, I decided to get Chespin really early on, no matter what it turned into. Just so happens I love Chesnaught, and have been wanting a new defensive Fighting type. It's also a hell of a lot better than Grass/Dark.

Greninja being the same as the leak is meh, but then again Froakie was never my cup of tea. Water/Dark is cool typing, at least.

I never cared for Fennekin at all, lol. Yet I love Delphox.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is completely off topic, but someone needs to use this in a Miss Fit combo video:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This is completely off topic, but someone needs to use this in a Miss Fit combo video:

I have heard this playing on about 80 different women's headphones as I was jogging past them and when they come into work for a break from jogging/working out since Britney released it.

It's definitely a fitness jam. Miss Fit needs her own version of the video. :lol:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I have heard this playing on about 80 different women's headphones as I was jogging past them and when they come into work for a break from jogging/working out since Britney released it.

It's definitely a fitness jam. Miss Fit needs her own version of the video. :lol:
SFM

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So, show me link showing all them Mega Evolved Pokemon, or at least the ones from other gens besides the first one?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

"Pokemon aren't meant to fight...Not like this..."

NOOOOT LIIIIIKE THIIIIIIISS!!

I laughed at that big time for some reason... Maybe it was the fact that a rabid Squirtle was mauling a screaming Charmander. It made my day, should I be worried?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Someone better make a model of her in Miku Miku Dance or just wait to rip one from the game, especially so we can get more gems like this:

EDIT: Found out it might not be possible for the Smash 4 model to be put in MMD. I ran into a Bayonetta MD video and the author said the original models were too high res for MMD. Oh well, it's not like Miss Fit's appearance is exactly process demanding.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Hmm, speaking of songs...

Still waiting for dat part 2...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You know, it's crazy to think that if Mewtwo is unveiled next week I'll finally have the roster I wanted six years ago -- because I really don't imagine any Nintendo character from the previous game being removed. There really isn't anyone that "needs" to be in the game for me. Sure, there are those characters like Waddle Dee, Starfy, Dark Samus, Toad, King K, and Slime that I would like; but nobody comparable to what those other characters were to me at one point. The closest characters I can think of are Waddle Dee or Toad, and in the case of the latter it has more to do with him being my default Mario character in other spin-off titles. All I really want now are surprises. Characters like Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B, Game and Watch, those we don't see coming -- or try not to see. Best of all: when the game is released, there won't be any disappointment like there was with Brawl. My "perfect Brawl roster" will finally be a reality. Even if it took half a decade.

Shroob

Sup?
I can finally post!

I've been stalking y'all since the E3 trailer, and even before then back in the Brawl days, so I am quite grateful for everyone's discussions and theorizing. You're all quite interesting to me for some reason.

Anyway, it confuses me that we've only seem what, two items? What if Sakurai trolls us and instead of confirming a character, confirms that Poke Balls are back? Granted, I doubt Nintendo would do that.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Only the Smash Ball and the new X-bomb. The new item though was X-tremely X-ceptional... *smacks self* K, gotta stop that before I get over-X-cited bout the item again... Then again, it is a Kid Icarus item, so it would be X-pected for me to be like this. *smacks self again*

But then, since Sonic's back, will we see an item from the Sonic series this time around?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Only the Smash Ball and the new X-bomb. The new item though was X-tremely X-ceptional... *smacks self* K, gotta stop that before I get over-X-cited bout the item again... Then again, it is a Kid Icarus item, so it would be X-pected for me to be like this. *smacks self again*

But then, since Sonic's back, will we see an item from the Sonic series this time around?
The shield! Maybe even the bubble, electric, and fire shields.

----

Shroob

Sup?

In all seriousness, welcome to the boards!
Broken image? :(

I know it's silly, but I had so much fun back during Brawl's reveal and the nightly Dojo updates, so this makes me feel so nostalgic. As someone who played the hell out of Melee, and who owned Smash as one of his first games on the N64, Smash has always held that special place in my heart.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd like to see the Invincibility item he gives. There's a ton of Mario items as is. Switching one out works. Or you know, having essentially repeats. Not like the all the various Explosion items are hyper different. Or perhaps his Running Shoes. The Bunny Hood gives extremely good jump power, so... and the Running Shoes don't.

I like the Shield ideas, though. Using the Shield button while having them on would set off their ability. If you have the Water one on, you can swim forever, and bounce attack, but it does break after any hit. Fire lets you go forward for some damage, and is immune to Fire. Electric gives you a third jump similar to Yoshi's in Brawl, with some electric damage, and is immune to Electricity. Note, for the Fire and Electric one, pressing the Shield again would do an Air Dodge. Water Shield keeps up the bounce, of course. Maybe some other button could set them off? Throw button in the air instead?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Broken image? :(

I know it's silly, but I had so much fun back during Brawl's reveal and the nightly Dojo updates, so this makes me feel so nostalgic. As someone who played the hell out of Melee, and who owned Smash as one of his first games on the N64, Smash has always held that special place in my heart.
It's supposed to be a picture of Tharja.

But yeah, I feel the same way.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I will give up predicting Smash Bros. reveals forever if Sakurai shows us Pokeballs instead of a Pokemon character on X and Y's release.

Also, welcome to the Smashboards, Chris Baker!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I can finally post!

I've been stalking y'all since the E3 trailer, and even before then back in the Brawl days, so I am quite grateful for everyone's discussions and theorizing. You're all quite interesting to me for some reason.
what a coincidence i've been doing that too, but now i decided to post more.

Welcome fellow lurker, you should know that this thread is weird as hell... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom