• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I can finally post!

I've been stalking y'all since the E3 trailer, and even before then back in the Brawl days, so I am quite grateful for everyone's discussions and theorizing. You're all quite interesting to me for some reason.

Anyway, it confuses me that we've only seem what, two items? What if Sakurai trolls us and instead of confirming a character, confirms that Poke Balls are back? Granted, I doubt Nintendo would do that.
Always did get the feeling there were still some like you that lurked anonymously until finally registering at a certain point. I kinda did that for awhile too up until a certain time in pre-Brawl. Nonetheless, glad to see there's still some that think of us the way you do... I appreciate it, as do others here I'm sure. Welcome aboard!

I wouldn't mind them showing a bunch of the Poke Ball Pokemon in an update, be it new ones or just some of the old ones that have been in previous Smashes... Even if it delays Mewtwo's confirmation which there's not really any doubt about his inclusion anymore anyway.

Reznor

work in progress
so if Smash 4 is a hit competitively what do you think will happen to the other Smash games

will people stop playing Project M as much?
will Brawl still be played as often as other Smash games (least competitive Smash game so far)
we all know Melee fans will stick with Melee
will people try to hack Smash 4 and make a new Project M (or Project B :laugh: )

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
so if Smash 4 is a hit competitively what do you think will happen to the other Smash games

will Brawl still be played as often as other Smash games (least competitive Smash game so far)
will people try to hack Smash 4 and make a new Project M (or Project B :laugh: )
No, cause roy and such and wavedashing
Brawl will probably die and be replaced by M (competitve wise)
yep
I hope not, PM for brawl was necessary. but with smash 4's supposed balanced gameplay and such...why bother? They'd only do it for like textures and stuff.

I hope smash 4 is a hit competitively, also 64 will never die (same with melee)

Reznor

work in progress
No, cause roy and such and wavedashing
Brawl will probably die and be replaced by M (competitve wise)
yep
I hope not, PM for brawl it was necessary. but with smash 4's supposed balanced gameplay and such...why bother? They'd only do it for like textures and stuff.

I hope smash 4 is a hit competitively, also 64 will never die (same with melee)
sadly I don't see many people talk about 64 (on other sites)
is the competitive scene going strong or is it small

bobadz

Smash Ace

Before brawl was released there were still 64 tournaments.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Mewtwo's kind of banned, so...
Uber indeed. Can only be used with other Ubers.

Banned he may be, but that just means he's that good. Blastoise on the other haaaand...Not so much. ¦3

Oh, but do keep in mind that I'm just joking with you here, if you can. ¦D

I'm well aware that that isn't all there is to it and tiers aren't everything and absolute in Pokemon's metagame. Especially if you're clever.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Fighting inside the whole mech would bring something unique to the table, but I just feel like it'd be odd for some reason and hard to fight with.
All the peculiarities you'd have to work out just make it that much cooler. Grabbing a ledge? Holds on with one of his spidery legs then scuttles up over the side. Being grabbed himself? All his legs flail around like crazy while he freaks out inside and it's really funny looking.

So good.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Speaking of speaking of villains, does Fire Emblem really have a character to represent the villain for the series? Medeus seems obvious, but I'm a little biased toward the Black Knight, since the idea of a black knight is a pretty STOCK one, so you put him next to any FE hero and it just kind of works. "Big dude in the black armor, yeah that's the villain." To my very limited understanding though, guys that turn into dragons are pretty common main villains, and guys like the Black Knight (generals?) are NOT SO MUCH?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Speaking of speaking of villains, does Fire Emblem really have a character to represent the villain for the series? Medeus seems obvious, but I'm a little biased toward the Black Knight, since the idea of a black knight is a pretty STOCK one, so you put him next to any FE hero and it just kind of works. "Big dude in the black armor, yeah that's the villain." To my very limited understanding though, guys that turn into dragons are pretty common main villains, and guys like the Black Knight (generals?) are NOT SO MUCH?
Medeus isn't just some guy who uses a sword, though. That alone makes him stand out from Marth/Roy/Ike. And there's the whole dragon transformation, which could be used by pressing down B, like Zelda/Shiek's move.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Black Knight could be pretty interesting in Smash, much more so than Chrom at least. Taking the slow, heavy, powerful character type to its extreme. ANYWAY, it was more just curiosity than Smash related.

Alzi

Smash Master

I think after smash 4 brawl is going to be forgotten and hardly played.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Mega Slowpoke? That's gotta be the biggest Pokemon related burn/ouchies someone could give anyone. :x

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think after smash 4 brawl is going to be forgotten and hardly played.
Doubting this, really; Some will still prefer that gameplay, some characters may not return from Brawl, there's also Project M...

So, no, I think Brawl will still have some big fans. Melee heavily improved on 64, but Brawl and Melee are beyond widely different enough to have their own metas. A lot of 64's went over to Melee since the differences between the game weren't beyond huge. You could play both with similar enough styles. Albeit, the new move options do make each meta different, but not beyond heavily. Both are combo-tastic and throws are still pretty good. The biggest difference one could argue is which meta is more balanced, 64 or Melee.

You know what? We really need a Mega Slowpoke.
You just thought of this now? :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom