• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
List of changes:

• Output Wii-only software to the Wii U GamePad (still requires the use of a Wii remote)
  • Automatically receive demos and trial software from Nintendo
  • Added USB Keyboard Support
  • Manage your Nintendo Network ID from computers and smartphones
  • Wii-only software now supports Dolby Pro Logic II
  • Friends list now viewable from the Wii U menu
  • Settings updates, including the ability to allow or disallow automatic downloads, change output sound
  • You can now use a headset connected to the Wii U GamePad for chat
  • Internet Browser updated
    • hold L/R buttons to fast forward and rewind
    • save and manage passwords
    • capture images from games similar to Animal Crossing: New Leaf capture on 3DS, allowing for social media uploads
  • You can now view PDF files
  • Improved stability of system
Source: http://wiiudaily.com/2013/09/wii-u-update-live/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Looking at the WiiU update, I noticed that USB Keyboards are now supported. At least this gives me hope for proper USB controllers if the demand is large enough.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Looking at the WiiU update, I noticed that USB Keyboards are now supported. At least this gives me hope for proper USB controllers if the demand is large enough.
Easiest way to put in Action Replay codes. :awesome:

Yes, I realize that the Wii U having an AR is probably never going to happen. :urg:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Seeing that (B) sets were being discussed, Imma whip one out (:troll:) that I made for Victini.

(B): Searing Shot: By holding the (B) button, Victini charges a fiery orb at his forehead. The orb can be stored with L or R. Through charging, the attack does't get stronger progressively, like Aura sphere. When fired at different changes, certain effects take play.

Unfull Charge: A speedy but small orb is launched. It may not be strong, but it's range and speed rival Pit's arrows.

Full Charge: It trades speed for power, becoming slower than a fired rocket (Samus), but it's as strong as a direct Bob-Omb attack.

(B)>: Zen Headbutt: Victini stops in place, then flies forward, rising slightly with a purple forehead. Press (B) to stop suddenly and unleash a V-shaped purple blast in front of yourself. This blast knocks Victini stops back and disabled him until he lands. If you do not press (B), Victini will stop by himself after ging a few spaces away and drop with action.

(B)v: Telekinisis: Victini stops, then waves his paws in front of himself. If someone's near him, Victini uses his Psychic powers to lift them above himself. Press (B) repeatedly, and Victini slams them into the ground in front of himself, then behind himself, and repeats until the opponent breaks free. When the opponent breaks free, Victini drops them. When used in the sky, Victini Arabs them, then dashes straight down, drilling them into the ground. A comical Koopa Klaw variant.

(B)^: Inferno: Victini flies upwards while being surrounded by a fiery tornado. This attack rises upwards well, but has limited horizontal movement, like wario's (B)^. When opponents touch Victini, they are locked in the firestorm, and are knocked straight upwards when the attack ends.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
B^: Deku Mask: Okay, you don’t stay as him, you throw on that mask and whoop! You fly staright up in the air using those jumbo flowers. This has no attack frames, and you’re very vunerable, but you move very quickly, and practically straight up. (With a slight verticle incline, think Luigi compared to Mario’s jump)
I actually had an idea like this, his Up B was basically what you put, but he used the other masks for the rest of his specials, so instead of transforming via Down B like PT's switch out, it would have worked like:

Up B-Deku Mask: Recovery
Side B-Zora Mask: Throws out his fin boomerang things
Down B-Goron Mask: Works like Jiggly's rollout
Normal B- Probably just the bow or something

He'd quickly transform back to normal after using each mask, almost instantly, so no ridiculous transformation lag.

Final smash would be a 50/50 chance of either going Fierce Oni Diety Link of Death and controlling him for a short amount of time or donning Majora's Mask and crashing the moon down.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've got a USB NES, SNES, and N64 controller

Playing Wii U with NES dream come true

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fenniken final evolution?

THIS was released earlier today by someone (else maybe)

Notice it's the same pokemon but in a different stage of it's animation

Edit: Already debunked

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Young Link simple moveset:

Normal form:

Standard B: Either the Fairy Slingshot or Fire Arrows from Melee.
Side B: Boomerang Same as in Melee.
Up B: Spin Attack Same as in Melee.
Down B: Either the Bombs from Melee, or Mask Swap

Mask Swap: Changes from Normal form > Deku Form > Goron Form > Zora Form > repeat

Deku form:

Standard B: Snot Bubble
Side B: Razor Spin
Up B: Deku Flower
Down B: Mask Swap

Goron Form:

Standard B: Goron Punch
Side B: Goron Roll
Up B: Goron Meteor

Zora Form:

Standard B: Electric Barrier
Side B: Fin Cutters
Up B: Dolphin Leap

Final Smash: Either something with Epona, the Song of Time, or the Fierce Deity's Mask.

----

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Fenniken final evolution?

THIS was released earlier today by someone (else maybe)

Notice it's the same pokemon but in a different stage of it's animation

Edit: Already debunked

That didn't last. I'm glad, though. That hoax was fugly.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
He plays the song of time to undo all of his deaths from within the past three minutes, in a time match it restarts the match from the beginning.

:troll:
Ah, so he pulls a Young Xehanort like in KH3D. That's rather cheap and annoying. ¦D

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm thinking (for Toon Link):
-Glide move w/Deku Leaf (since it's not his Up Special)
-Skull Hammer as F-Smash.
-Adding some random Fire Arrow & Ice Arrow shots into his Neutral Special.
-The Grappling Hook instead of the Hookshot (don't judge me)
-Using the Wind Waker in some form (Up Smash, Down Smash, whatever)
-Magic Armor defense buff (Whatever the Wind Waker isn't above)
I'm thinking:
-The Deku Leaf will probably end out like F.L.U.D.D... a crappy gimmick no one likes (the gust move) and the glide move would basically add nothing.
-Skull Hammer is a boring move. King Dedede already has a similar hammer forward smash. How about instead we get say Toon Link's jumping slash attack=???
--Eh, the Grappling Hook could work as a grab, but as tether recovery, nah, the Hookshot makes more fundamental sense.
-The Wind Waker is a terrible idea for an attack, sans a Final Smash attack.
-Magic Armor just... it's a bad idea. Unless of course we are talking about it as a item, in which it is not a bad idea.
Some changes I hope Toon Link will receive:
  • Crawling
  • Ballad of Gales stage entrance. (Way better than emerging from a bomb explosion)
I honestly just want Toon Link to do something dealing with wind. It's sad that in Brawl Twilight Princess Link dealt more with wind through the use of the gale Boomerang than Toon Link.
Yes, yes, YESSSS!!!! Toon Link crawling with Snake would be A DREAM COME TRUE, as would a really epic entrance be a dream come true.

Also, I would love to see Toon Link get a bunch of new aerials and tilts, and maybe a smash attack or two from the Wind Waker, with all his crazy jumping, running, spinning, flipping attacks. Those would be really great to see in Smash.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
They're going to hype the **** out of Pokémon X & Y.

Therefore Jiggs AND MEWTWO will both be revealed October 11th.

yolo

inb4 lucario and pkmn trainer

EDIT: FOLLOWED BY OCTOBER 14th where Pkmn trainer and lucario get revealed :3

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ I have not heard that one before, but I like it... although for some reason, I would prefer Jigglypuff and Lucario. Keep Mewtwo as his own hype event. :shades:
GameCube controllers man, GameCube controllers.

YOU HEAR THAT!?!?!? ONE MORE LITTLE FIX AND WE WILL HAVE WON THE GOOD WAR!!! SMASH WII U TOURNAMENTS WITHOUT WIRELESS CONTROLLER INPUT FREQUENCY ISSUES COULD ACTUALLY BE A THING!!!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My first Mega Lucario (B) set. Because he gets an Attack boost through megalution, he's mostly physical.

(B): Cross Chop: Lucario crosses his arms and claws start to form. After a small charge, he'll slash forward, which does great damage and knockback. This charge can be canceled by pressing L or R.

(B)>: Metal Claw: Lucario dashes forward with his paw out. If hit hits someone, he'll pick them up, then use his other paw to bash them away using Metal Claw. Press (B) while in mid-dash to stop, and perform a Metal Claw uppercut. When grabbing someone in the air, you stop, then bash them away, then fall. If you don't, you'll fall without action.

(B)v: Roar: Lucario shouts loudly, and a white-lined shield surrounds him for a second. Anyone who touches him gets dizzy. When Roared in the sky, the enemy gets knocked away, but dealt little damage.

(B)^: Aura Leap: Lucario jumps straight upwards, like king DDD, but lands with action instead of falling like a rock. Press (B), and he'll stop and unleash an energy burst, which knocks enemy's straight upwards and deals great damage. When done, he'll fall without action.

FS: Close Combat: Lucario dashes forward quickly. If anyone is hit, the background turns into the Close Combat animation in the Pokemon games, freezes the other opponents, and shows Lucario savagely beating the hit opponent to a pulp, then ends it with Aura Storm, which makes the Close Combat animation end. Anyone in the way of the beam is locked and damaged.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hi guys, have we played the expectations game for tomorrow's Direct yet?

I'm expecting at least an inordinate amount of time dedicated toward discussion of either Pikmin 3/Wonderful 101/Wind Waker HD, largely (and potentially unwarranted) positive responses to Mario 3D World footage, and perhaps a trailer of Enguarde being an animal buddy in Tropical Freeze, given that Rambi's trailer was revealed roughly around this time pre-Returns.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My apologies to fellow Toon Link fans, but with the arrival of October, it's time for Mr. Oogie Boogie Man to come out of hiding. (and out of my downloads list)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hi guys, have we played the expectations game for tomorrow's Direct yet?

I'm expecting at least an inordinate amount of time dedicated toward discussion of either Pikmin 3/Wonderful 101/Wind Waker HD, largely (and potentially unwarranted) positive responses to Mario 3D World footage, and perhaps a trailer of Enguarde being an animal buddy in Tropical Freeze, given that Rambi's trailer was revealed roughly around this time pre-Returns.
I'm expecting the stuff we got from whatever news thing came out today, plus stuff for games coming out this year.

You know, like a bunch of multi-platform games, Mario 3D World, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Pokémahn, Sonic Lost World, Wii Sports HD, and Wii Fit U.

As for Smash news, I expect nothing, especially with Toon Link's reveal being less than a week ago.

Edit: Perhaps we'll get the fourth playable DKC: Tropical Freeze character announced at this Nintendo Direct! :shades:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom