• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
The economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy.
hmmm its like you're trying to tell me something but what

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy.
****ing genius.

She had a decent amount of characterization in Fusion. Certainly enough character that it's reasonable for a different interpretation of her character to be considered out of character, if you get what I mean. Unlike say, Pit who would have been hard pressed to be out of character in Brawl/Uprising since he had pretty much no character before then.

And that's all I'll contribute to this conversation because I haven't played Other M.
The events in Other M don't contradict Fusion which, by the way, takes place after Other M. In fact, her refusal to take orders to do the greater good in Fusion is practically backed up by the events in Other M.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Dependence is childish.
Independence is immature.
Interdependence is for the wise.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Where are we? I can't tell.

Is this still Smashboards? It might be hell.

It feels more like we're in Avenue Q.

It doesn't help that I'm 22. ¦D;

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
The events in Other M don't contradict Fusion which, by the way, takes place after Other M. In fact, her refusal to take orders to do the greater good in Fusion is practically backed up by the events in Other M.
Like I said, haven't played Other M, don't even know much about it. I was just objecting to the comment of "what character?" for Samus before other M(before as in games released before, not in game timeline wise).

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hey guys, what's up...

...Other M, huh? ...

...I liked the gameplay, it wasn't bad. Ridley wasn't really that ugly to me, and the story is just a distraction from the gameplay, which is 2.5D heaven to me. But, hey, if this "gem" is 2 bucks at a pawn shop while other Wii games are $30, it's a deal.

Back to Smash, I'd like to know: What exactly would Toon Link use his Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer and such for?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
>Falco is a Chozo

>Ridley Originates from Sauria

MFW the Metroid x Star Fox idea makes sense.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
in all honesty, I really don't care for story much in games

not that they can't have good, well-developed stories and characters or that there's anything wrong with the games that do

but as an interactive medium, I feel like it's more important to develop the universe of the series and insert the player into said universe

rather than just feed the player a bunch of exposition, plot, etc. about more or less random characters lol

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Isn't he like 19 anyway. Time to get some suspenders and newspapers and 401K's and other such things.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Where are we? I can't tell.

Is this still Smashboards? It might be hell.
All is strange and vague.
Are we dead or is this Ohio?

It feels more like we're in Avenue Q.

It doesn't help that I'm 22. ¦D;
Lol, same here, but I'm about to be 23 in a week. What do you do with a BS in Computer Science and you hate the field?

Back to Smash, I'd like to know: What exactly would Toon Link use his Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer and such for?
Deku Leaf for horizontal recovery. That's all I got.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
in all honesty, I really don't care for story much in games

not that they can't have good, well-developed stories and characters or that there's anything wrong with the games that do

but as an interactive medium, I feel like it's more important to develop the universe of the series and insert the player into said universe

rather than just feed the player a bunch of exposition, plot, etc. about more or less random characters lol
R.N.S

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Hey guys, what's up...

...Other M, huh? ...

...I liked the gameplay, it wasn't bad. Ridley wasn't really that ugly to me, and the story is just a distraction from the gameplay, which is 2.5D heaven to me. But, hey, if this "gem" is 2 bucks at a pawn shop while other Wii games are $30, it's a deal.

The Skull hammer could be a stun move or a knock back kinda like to ikes vertical sword swipe but since the hammer is big it'll be slow and he'll have to time it right

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Freeing Yoshis from the demons trapped in their skulls.
All is strange and vague.
Are we dead or is this Ohio?

Lol, same here, but I'm about to be 23 in a week. What do you do with a BS in Computer Science and you hate the field?

Deku Leaf for horizontal recovery. That's all I got.

I'm thinking:

-Glide move w/Deku Leaf (since it's not his Up Special)
-Skull Hammer as F-Smash.
-Adding some random Fire Arrow & Ice Arrow shots into his Neutral Special.
-The Grappling Hook instead of the Hookshot (don't judge me)
-Using the Wind Waker in some form (Up Smash, Down Smash, whatever)
-Magic Armor defense buff (Whatever the Wind Waker isn't above)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm thinking:

-Glide move w/Deku Leaf (since it's not his Up Special)
-Skull Hammer as F-Smash.
-Adding some random Fire Arrow & Ice Arrow shots into his Neutral Special.
-The Grappling Hook instead of the Hookshot (don't judge me)
-Using the Wind Waker in some form (Up Smash, Down Smash, whatever)
-Magic Armor defense buff (Whatever the Wind Waker isn't above)
Nice ideas!

I'm not going to get my hopes up for a Toon Link that has changed significantly at this point though.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
This conversation has gone from being weird to really weird. Then again, we're all weird in our own way, making being weird the new "normal".

To get more Smash related stuff in, wondering what the next snapshot would be.

bobadz

Smash Ace
This conversation has gone from being weird to really weird. Then again, we're all weird in our own way, making being weird the new "normal".

To get more Smash related stuff in, wondering what the next snapshot would be.
Toon link or peach.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Deku Leaf: If in the air, it'd be somewhat like Peach's Umbrella. But on the ground, you can use it to blow people away.

Skull Hammer: Toon Link can just strike for a strong hit, but it has a lot of start-up time. Against NPC enemies it'd squash them though.(like Goomba or something)

I got nothing for the other ones.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Admiral, one must sour the basil before the other chalks up the cutting board. ¦(

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, that worked like a charm. Sudden ******** and we're not talking about the worst game ever. Troll successful. :troll:

As for the next screens being introduced, I'd say a filler involving Tink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom