• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
No idea what the point of this is.

But the fact that this is a facepalm makes this funny even for me.

Btw, I'm gonna switch to my Oogie Boogie avatar again soon.

(waits to see if someone is sick enough to make a certain joke that I'm not sick enough to say)

what im trying basically mean to you if it dosent start on 0:33

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Halloween is my favorite time of the year, I'll be posting Halloween related songs throughout the month while trying to keep on topic as well.

Shouldn't be too hard for me. pr-probably

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Samus being revealed as a woman in the original is part of Nintendo history. It was a surprise because she displayed culturally-masculine traits (lone wolf behavior, adventurous, religious, brave). Well, and the fact her armor had wide shoulders.

Stripping her of that for bad story-telling is awful.
Holy crap, you mean to tell me that a "strong and independent" woman like Samus can't have a feminine side? That's like saying that an effeminate man can't have a masculine side.

Yeah. Didn't Rundas save Samus more times than ANYONE in Other M?

Regardless, to me, Other M was a game of too much ambition and not enough focus.

There really are some good ideas in the plot. A deleter subplot could have been amazing. Same with Ridley causing Samus to choke up, Adam's sacrifice, etc. Where they really failed was the execution which ended up as sloppy and unorganized. I feel if they could "redo" Other M, it would be loved.
The Deleter (wish they picked a better word there for the English dub) subplot was resolved. It's kind of like how the plot for Metroid Prime was kept in the lore and you had to piece things together. Except in this case, you had only Samus' perspective to determine what the heck happened. The whole Ridley scene, IMO, makes more sense when you take the manga into account where Ridley is capable of healing himself by eating flesh. Adam's sacrifice could've been handled a tad better though.

Reznor

work in progress
hey guys whats going on in here ........... some one defending Other M .......... good bye

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I agree with Frostwraith, Other M placed a tad too much emphasis on the story instead of core components like exploration. Also it seems as though a lot of players saw Other M as a downgrade from the Prime series as opposed to a throwback to the two dimensional games such as Zero Mission, Super Metroid, etc., so I suppose one's perspective and expectations can also shape how the game is viewed.

I'd probably like it then. IMO, The Last Story's, well, story is far better than Xenoblade's. Despite the gameplay being, well, not as strong as Xeno's, I still prefer TLS because of it's beautiful story. (The graphics sort of **** Xeno as well, as well as the character design and general style of the game)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Holy crap, you mean to tell me that a "strong and independent" woman like Samus can't have a feminine side? That's like saying that an effeminate man can't have a masculine side.
It's not so much a feminine side, as it is some dude deciding he needed to write her as a woman while not having any idea what that means and believing "hormonal mess obsessed with babies" is good enough.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I did not come close to saying that. I said she was stripped of her perceived masculine traits in Other M. And also, effeminate doesn't mean letting something cause you pain until a man with a big flopping penis tells you to take your hand off the stove.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Since when was "Strong and independent" a masculine or feminine trait?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's not so much a feminine side, as it is some dude deciding he needed to write her as a woman while not having any idea what that means and believing "hormonal mess obsessed with babies" is good enough.

Isn't saying that, in itself sexist? I mean, couldn't Samus just be actually traumatized because an evil space dragon time after time ****S her life up?

Swampy has it. Oasis just pretty much oozes extreme feminist. If you didn't know :3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't saying that, in itself sexist? I mean, couldn't Samus just be actually traumatized because an evil space dragon time after time ****S her life up?

Swampy has it. Oasis just pretty much oozes extreme feminist. If you didn't know :3
The first time she saw him after her childhood maybe. But she's seem him plenty of times by now

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I GUESS SAYING HORMONAL WAS A BIT TOO MUCH, but I wasn't really referring to the PTSD thing anyway, which makes a lot of sense and mostly only people that haven't read the manga complained about that. Though, it still didn't make a whole lot of sense, but it was there to solidify the kind of relationship between them after so long without doing that in the games. But being so late in the series, it was really wonky and poorly written.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What's so bad about Samus and the overall plot in Other M again?

I keep forgetting exactly what people think is wrong with it.

EDIT: FOR THE LOVE OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM FREAKING GO THROUGH!!!! WHY MUST I RELOAD THE PAGE LIKE 5 TIMES JUST TO GET A POST TO GO THROUGH?!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Smooth, you're not a lady right?
He's smooth to get all the ladies. Shaves his body completely, sliding across the ground like a goddamn penguin. Zero friction. Women toppling over onto his back left and right. He looks over at his brood of disorientated women like a mother wolf spider and says "don't worry, I respect you, not like this Oasis guy who is trying to flatter me by using women as a tool of measurement to show how cool I am."

That's how Smooth he is.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What's so bad about Samus and the overall plot in Other M again?

I keep forgetting exactly what people think is wrong with it.

EDIT: FOR THE LOVE OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM FREAKING GO THROUGH!!!! WHY MUST I RELOAD THE PAGE LIKE 5 TIMES JUST TO GET A POST TO GO THROUGH?!

Well, she monologues a lot.

But several of her actions in "Other M" apparently contradict her character already laid out in the past games.

I never really saw how, but that''s the accusation.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, she monologues a lot.

But several of her actions in "Other M" apparently contradict her character already laid out in the past games.

I never really saw how, but that''s the accusation.
What character?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Let the grown-ups talk, plz. Thx.

Smooth Criminal
The economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy the economy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm a grown up and I talk about how I just got this in the mail

I'm MAD it's box wasn't in perfect condition!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
What character?
She had a decent amount of characterization in Fusion. Certainly enough character that it's reasonable for a different interpretation of her character to be considered out of character, if you get what I mean. Unlike say, Pit who would have been hard pressed to be out of character in Brawl/Uprising since he had pretty much no character before then.

And that's all I'll contribute to this conversation because I haven't played Other M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom