• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Deku Leaf: If in the air, it'd be somewhat like Peach's Umbrella. But on the ground, you can use it to blow people away.

Skull Hammer: Toon Link can just strike for a strong hit, but it has a lot of start-up time. Against NPC enemies it'd squash them though.(like Goomba or something)

I got nothing for the other ones.
the grappling hook could be like a steal item kinda llike in his game when he gets items when he hits enemies from it like takes megamans buzz saw before he is about to uses it or takes away a item from someone else from using it like say the home run bat

as telescope it could be a taunt and exclamation point goes over his head like when enemies spot him in wind waker

deku leaf can be a recovery or a push back weapon on the ground since it can push away enemies in the game i already said what about the hammer

he can have up b as a charge spin slash like does in game but like also in game will make him dizzy and vulnerable

fire arrows at full charge with bow and freeze arrows at mid charge semi chance of effects of freeze or putting the enemy player on fire and maybe light arrows aswell with critcal features but like luigi or jiggly puff only at right timing he can have the heavy shoes on which will cause anyone near him to go under ground kinda like dk's head slam and thats all i got so far oh and for his final smash he calls the great wind to whisk away the players its almost impossbile to avoid but there's slim chance you can survive it

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think we're gonna get a lot of Toon Link pics until the next reveal or until next week.

So far Sakurai has been doing that with all the veterans he's revealed via pics.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm thinking:

-Glide move w/Deku Leaf (since it's not his Up Special)
-Skull Hammer as F-Smash.
-Adding some random Fire Arrow & Ice Arrow shots into his Neutral Special.
-The Grappling Hook instead of the Hookshot (don't judge me)
-Using the Wind Waker in some form (Up Smash, Down Smash, whatever)
-Magic Armor defense buff (Whatever the Wind Waker isn't above)
Some changes I hope Toon Link will receive:
  • Deku Leaf Glide
  • Deku Leaf Gust
  • Hurricane Spin Attack (Toon Link now can move while doing Spin Attack (Think DK's grounded recovery))
  • Crawling
  • Ballad of Gales stage entrance. (Way better than emerging from a bomb explosion)
I honestly just want Toon Link to do something dealing with wind. It's sad that in Brawl Twilight Princess Link dealt more with wind through the use of the gale Boomerang than Toon Link.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I have a theory on miyamoto. I think Gunpei yokoi and Hiroshi Yamiuchi kept him in line. When both of them left he started meddling more in projects. Dinosaur Planet becoming Star Fox Adventures being the earliest example. It's kinda like how Paul Levitz was to Dan Didio and Jim Lee at DC, before he left, and both Didio and Lee both went crazy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Some changes I hope Toon Link will receive:
  • Deku Leaf Glide
  • Deku Leaf Gust
  • Hurricane Spin Attack (Toon Link now can move while doing Spin Attack (Think DK's grounded recovery))
  • Crawling
  • Ballad of Gales stage entrance. (Way better than emerging from a bomb explosion)
I honestly just want Toon Link to do something dealing with wind. It's sad that in Brawl Twilight Princess Link dealt more with wind through the use of the gale Boomerang than Toon Link.
To be fair, that's because Adult Link always blows in the SSB games. :troll:

@The Original Robot boy: I like those ideas. My thought is that Deku Leaf could be his Up B, with his Hurricane Spin being his Forward B. Gust Jar perhaps as his B or Down B. Not sure what the other one could be...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I hope Fox looks like this in the final build of the game.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If your want your dreams molested by Drowsees, then sure you can.
Hey, still better than what Hypno would do to you. ¦D

And dammit, why aren't my posts going through the first time? What's wrong with Smashboards' posting system lately?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, still better than what Hypno would do to you. ¦D

And dammit, why aren't my posts going through the first time? What's wrong with Smashboards' posting system lately?
I think we're all to old for Hypno to want

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
To be fair, that's because Adult Link always blows[/i] in the SSB games. :troll:

@The Original Robot boy: I like those ideas. My thought is that Deku Leaf could be his Up B, with his Hurricane Spin being his Forward B. Gust Jar perhaps as his B or Down B. Not sure what the other one could be...
Never like the gust jar from minish cap i meant for up b for deku leaf while jumping or in mid air but on the platform it does the deku gust regular b for bow of course down smash for the iron boots ground slam aka dks head smash side b for grappling hook side smash for charge spin with effects from wind waker down b for skull hammer or up smash for hammer

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
He wasn't stale BEFORE?

Meh. I'm not even fond of him. At least with Luigi he wasn't shown twice in a row at all last I remember, but here... Let's wait for now.
And what time is the Nintendo Direct for tomorrow again (pacific time)?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Never like the gust jar from minish cap i meant for up b for deku leaf while jumping or in mid air but on the platform it does the deku gust regular b for bow of course down smash for the iron boots ground slam aka dks head smash side b for grappling hook side smash for charge spin with effects from wind waker down b for skull hammer or up smash for hammer
I could barely read that. Try a few more paragraphs and periods please. :)

Anyway, that's what I meant for the Deku Leaf. Having two uses, ground or air. Kind of in the same sense how the earlier Links do it. In the air, they spin more diagonally than purely horizontally. Of course, in this case, they're entirely different moves. Gust Jar, I admit, would be too similar to Deku Leaf, but it could be similar to Game & Watch's Bucket, absorbing energy, and firing it off later. However, just using the move would bring people closer similar to Kirby's Copy. If Light Arrow wasn't a Final Smash, that'd be perfect for his Neutral B. However about Ice Arrows, since they're unused? Toon Link can use them. Well, his character model is known for using them, anyway. :p

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Kinda odd that it isn't even being discussed here, but the Wii U update that went live. Pad playing Wii games off TV = this

Also hints at unified accounts.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I could barely read that. Try a few more paragraphs and periods please. :)

Anyway, that's what I meant for the Deku Leaf. Having two uses, ground or air. Kind of in the same sense how the earlier Links do it. In the air, they spin more diagonally than purely horizontally. Of course, in this case, they're entirely different moves. Gust Jar, I admit, would be too similar to Deku Leaf, but it could be similar to Game & Watch's Bucket, absorbing energy, and firing it off later. However, just using the move would bring people closer similar to Kirby's Copy. If Light Arrow wasn't a Final Smash, that'd be perfect for his Neutral B. However about Ice Arrows, since they're unused? Toon Link can use them. Well, his character model is known for using them, anyway. :p
Sorry but i'm too tired or too lazy to care to spruce up what i just typed, not here to impress anyone no offense of course and i guess that could work i did say i guess for the light arrow input but mostly his bow would be used for fire and ice since adult link doesn't use them lol in the latest games anyways

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Young Link (Interesting Semi Clone moveset) Set:

B: Slingshot: The deku nuts move extremely fast, and will stun you, but aren’t easily used in succession. So, you’ll have to use it wisely, and more sparingly than his other projectiles.

B>: Hero’s Bow: different lengths of holding the B button will cause different types of arrows to appear. Lightly, will cause a slow, not far moving Ice arrow to be used. When it hits an opponent, they’ll be frozen for a second.Does small amount of damage. Holding it for a medium amount of time, causes the normal fast, and further shooting Fire Arrow to be used. Opponent is burned, but not stunned. Does medium amount of damage. Holding it for max amount of time causes a light arrow to be shot. It’s as quick as a fire arrow, but can be maneuvered like pit’s arrows. Damage dealt is medium amount.

B^: Deku Mask: Okay, you don’t stay as him, you throw on that mask and whoop! You fly staright up in the air using those jumbo flowers. This has no attack frames, and you’re very vunerable, but you move very quickly, and practically straight up. (With a slight verticle incline, think Luigi compared to Mario’s jump)

BV: Bombchu. Works like a it does in the games. You set it down, and whoever it comes in contact with, BOOM! Setting two will keep them both working, but the third will cause the first to explode, and so on and so forth. Does same amount of damage as Link’s bombs.

Looks: Sword has slightly shorter reach than Original Link. He does, however have slightly faster moves, and slightly stronger slices. His sword has been switched from Kokiri to the Razor Sword. His shield has been changed to the Mirror shield, which now REFLECTS projectiles that are thrown towards you. In general his stats are the same as Melee. (Lighter, weaker, faster Link)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sorry but i'm too tired or too lazy to care to spruce up what i just typed, not here to impress anyone no offense of course and i guess that could work i did say i guess for the light arrow input but mostly his bow would be used for fire and ice since adult link doesn't use them lol in the latest games anyways
It's not really to impress people. It's so we can read and easily reply to you. This post is somewhat legible, though. The one before that, I could barely read it. And I'm pretty good at reading badly put together stuff.

Remember, the point is so people can have an easy time talking to you. I'm not asking to be impressed. I'm just asking to make it a bit easier to read. :)

Ice Arrow is not shown ever among SSB, which is why I find it a perfect choice. TP Link didn't have an arrows besides his regular(Bomb Arrows excluded. Keep in mind I mean where you can switch off like in WW, instead of using entirely separate items like in OOT. Although the remake allowed you to do it WW style, but they were still treated separately in the original game), although he could use a Crossbow in a different game. Fire Arrows were also planned at one point, since I remember the data about it or something like that. Ice Arrows are absent in TP entirely. I've love to see Link use Bomb Arrows, but then I would want him to have something instead of the Bombs. Spinner is... eh. I like the Ball and Chain, though...

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Young Link (Interesting Semi Clone moveset) Set:

B: Slingshot: The deku nuts move extremely fast, and will stun you, but aren’t easily used in succession. So, you’ll have to use it wisely, and more sparingly than his other projectiles.

B>: Hero’s Bow: different lengths of holding the B button will cause different types of arrows to appear. Lightly, will cause a slow, not far moving Ice arrow to be used. When it hits an opponent, they’ll be frozen for a second.Does small amount of damage. Holding it for a medium amount of time, causes the normal fast, and further shooting Fire Arrow to be used. Opponent is burned, but not stunned. Does medium amount of damage. Holding it for max amount of time causes a light arrow to be shot. It’s as quick as a fire arrow, but can be maneuvered like pit’s arrows. Damage dealt is medium amount.

B^: Deku Mask: Okay, you don’t stay as him, you throw on that mask and whoop! You fly staright up in the air using those jumbo flowers. This has no attack frames, and you’re very vunerable, but you move very quickly, and practically straight up. (With a slight verticle incline, think Luigi compared to Mario’s jump)

BV: Bombchu. Works like a it does in the games. You set it down, and whoever it comes in contact with, BOOM! Setting two will keep them both working, but the third will cause the first to explode, and so on and so forth. Does same amount of damage as Link’s bombs.

Looks: Sword has slightly shorter reach than Original Link. He does, however have slightly faster moves, and slightly stronger slices. His sword has been switched from Kokiri to the Razor Sword. His shield has been changed to the Mirror shield, which now REFLECTS projectiles that are thrown towards you. In general his stats are the same as Melee. (Lighter, weaker, faster Link)
Just no on the deku mask maybe he pulls out a cucco and uses as a recovery until it then slips out his hands and flys away

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Okay I'm positive tomorrow will deal something with the Wii U system update. I've been getting prompts to run an update on the eShop.

EDIT: Uhp! Nevermind it's suppose to happen. Deedle dur :B

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So wait, Wii games now be played on the Wii U GamePad? Does that mean I can create the ultimate British experience by playing Xenoblade Chronicles, watching Monty Python, and eating fish and chips all at once?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So wait, Wii games now be played on the Wii U GamePad? Does that mean I can create the ultimate British experience by playing Xenoblade Chronicles, watching Monty Python, and eating fish and chips all at once?

Skins instead of Monty Python and you got yourself a good night.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
It's not really to impress people. It's so we can read and easily reply to you. This post is somewhat legible, though. The one before that, I could barely read it. And I'm pretty good at reading badly put together stuff.

Remember, the point is so people can have an easy time talking to you. I'm not asking to be impressed. I'm just asking to make it a bit easier to read. :)

Ice Arrow is not shown ever among SSB, which is why I find it a perfect choice. TP Link didn't have an arrows besides his regular(Bomb Arrows excluded. Keep in mind I mean where you can switch off like in WW, instead of using entirely separate items like in OOT. Although the remake allowed you to do it WW style, but they were still treated separately in the original game), although he could use a Crossbow in a different game. Fire Arrows were also planned at one point, since I remember the data about it or something like that. Ice Arrows are absent in TP entirely. I've love to see Link use Bomb Arrows, but then I would want him to have something instead of the Bombs. Spinner is... eh. I like the Ball and Chain, though...
hmm idk about the ball & chain but yes to the bomb arrows

That works. I was trying to think of a non-mask set.
just trying to make it fit to young links likeness

Raccoon BALL LICKER.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Yes, but apparently raccoons are more important.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Okay set the Wii U to update. Time for the best part:

The waiting...

Word!? You can play Wii games on Wii U?? Hopefully that carries over to Pro Controllers too, cuz I would love to start playing Brawl with them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
hmm idk about the ball & chain but yes to the bomb arrows
I don't remember TP Link having a Hammer, so.... :p

And if he had the Bomb Arrows, I'd like to see the Bombs replaced.

Since this assumes Toon Link and TP Link won't share the same Specials, it shouldn't matter as much about their iconic moves. Albeit, that does leave the Bombs out a bit... then again, they didn't show up in Zelda II either. And Bomb Arrows still makes sure they have notability to a degree.

Okay, to reiterate so far;

Toon Link
B: Ice Arrows
Up B: Deku Leaf
Forward B: Hurricane Spin

Link
B: Bomb Arrows
Up B: Spin Attack
Side B: Gale Boomerang

Not counting Final Smashes, we have some ideas for their Down B's. Toon Link's so far has been Gust Jar and by default, his regular Bombs. Another idea is the Bombchu. PH Link gets those as well. There's also Remote Bombs, which MC Link has. Some other ideas include possibly having the Hurricane Spin as Down B(like what the Mario Bros. did) and his Forward B be the Skull Hammer.

Link's Down B is a little harder. His Hammer from OOT and Zelda II. Bombchus I'd like to say no on, if only so he doesn't have two Bomb-based moves. Ball & Chain is a neat idea, if only because it was honestly an awesome weapon and does have a lot of power. It would cement his status as being the more powerful of the 2, while having the worse jump and being slower. I think it could act like FLUDD slightly, in that you need to bring it out, and then swings it first. Of course, jumping in itself would make it go away so his jump isn't terrible(again). I like the Hammer since it is a bit faster in thought.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

W-What if it's an Other M update? We just haven't been authorized to use in on the Gamepad yet.

As long as they fix the freezing on Youtube i'll be happy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom