• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
My wishlist seems so miniscule compared to everyone else. Brawl pretty much added everyone I cared about. MetaKnight, Wolf O'Donnell, King DeDeDe, Wario, Sonic the Hedgehog; the only one missing was Mewtwo. The only Nintendo characters left for me to actively support are Mewtwo and Bandanna Dee. They are the only characters I'm legitimately interested in for the character's themselves, and not simply because I want content from their games like Saki/Sin and Punishment. Megaman (or should I specify X?) is the same way. Slime leans a bit more towards the "I just want Dragon Quest content in Super Smash Bros" category, so maybe even with Slime I cannot legitimately say I support him one hundred percent.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Since everyone else is posting their wishlist, I'm posting mine again so it doesn't get lost:
My wishlist is pretty big too (30 Nintendo characters and 4 3rd party characters). But I have zero expectation that even half will all make it in (and most characters from #21-30 aren't really realistic). I go by this: the closer to #1 a revealed character is on my list more of the my list gets added, the happier I'll be.

So here is my wishlist (from most wanted to least wanted):

Nintendo Characters
01) Balloon Fighter
02) Little Mac
03) Mii
04) King K. Rool
05) Dixie Kong
06) Magnus
07) Dillon
08) Hammer Bro.
09) Waluigi
10) Ray MK III
11) Saki Amamiya
12) Mach Rider
13) Young Cricket
14) Ghirahim
15) Isaac
16) Samurai Goroh
17) Black Shadow
18) Starfy
19) Takamaru
20) Krystal
21) Urban Champion
22) Animal Crosser
23) Ashley
24) Lip
25) Sukapon
26) Captain Syrup
27) Bowser Jr.
28) Funky Kong
29) Tom Nook
30) Smeargle (might take him off very soon)

3rd Party Characters
Mega Man
Black Mage
Pac-Man
Rayman

D

Deleted member

I actually don't have a wishlist persay.
Outside of Mewtwo, I don't have anyone that I will be upset if they don't get in.
Just characters I'd like to see, characters I'm indifferent about, and characters I'd like not to see.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
My wishlist seems so miniscule compared to everyone else. Brawl pretty much added everyone I cared about. MetaKnight, Wolf O'Donnell, King DeDeDe, Wario, Sonic the Hedgehog; the only one missing was Mewtwo. The only Nintendo characters left for me to actively support are Mewtwo and Bandanna Dee. They are the only characters I'm legitimately interested in for the character's themselves, and not simply because I want content from their games like Saki/Sin and Punishment. Megaman (or should I specify X?) is the same way. Slime leans a bit more towards the "I just want Dragon Quest content in Super Smash Bros" category, so maybe even with Slime I cannot legitimately say I support him one hundred percent.
I'm in a similar territory, however at the same time I'm not exactly going to complain if the characters I want are missing for some arbitrary reason. It doesn't help that unlike some people around here, I'm keeping the list as realistic as possible to avoid disappointment (In other words, no Amaterasu or Banjo & Kazooie). But whatever, just hope the game feels like a step forward in general.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
All I wanna see is Starfy, Bandanna Dee, Mewtwo, and Shy Guy as a second Yoshi rep. And Paper Mario.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
My wishlist seems so miniscule compared to everyone else. Brawl pretty much added everyone I cared about.
I am in the same boat too. I posted my wishlist a few pages back, but I pretty much said the same thing about how Brawl pretty much added everyone I cared about. Like you I really want Mega Man and Mewtwo. I just differ in that also really want Ridley and Roy.

I wonder if this similar to other people who were extensively around for pre-Brawl.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Forget Zelda newcomers. The more pressing need is a Hyrule Castle stage. Hopefully a Link to the Past II will highlight the castle in the same way that the original game did. I've waited and waited since Melee for a Hyrule Castle Interior stage.

I am in the same boat too. I posted my wishlist a few pages back, but I pretty much said the same thing about how Brawl pretty much added everyone I cared about. Like you I really want Mega Man and Mewtwo. I just differ in that also really want Ridley and Roy.

I wonder if this similar to other people who were extensively around for pre-Brawl.
From what I've seen it seems to be the case. Maybe it's a lack of attachment to today's games, or simply the fact that Nintendo hasn't put out that many series or characters worth caring about, but us veterans have less to worry about this time around.

Excited Biker is a little cutie, you should like him Starphoenix.
Chibi Biker?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Debatable, but the only series that could use a new character is Donkey Kong, Metroid, and Kid Icarus. It feels like the others getting new characters would come out as more forced, in some cases undesirable.

However, like Star says, an interior Hyrule Castle stage wouldn't hurt.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Debatable, but the only series that could use a new character is Donkey Kong, Metroid, and Kid Icarus. It feels like the others getting new characters would come out as more forced, in some cases undesirable.
That is my opinion as well.

Brawl's roster was nearly perfect to me. If it just had Ridley (Mewtwo and Roy would have been nice bonuses as well) I would not even be speculating for Smash 4.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Brawl + Mewtwo and I wouldn't even post here I'd be playing Brawl now.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I just realized, if A Link to the Past II has Hyrule Castle that means there will likely be an orchestral arranged version of the Hyrule Castle theme. I don't know if my body can handle that. Those gameplay videos highlighting the music were pretty extraordinary on their own.

I also just realized ALttP2 will be the first new game in the newly christened third timeline split. Huh.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
*sigh* To be honest, the only characters I truly want, that I feel very passionate about, are Roy and Mewtwo. Funny how that is, huh? Perhaps I might feel different if they were already in Brawl...This might seem shallow, but everyone else I have no interest in. Perhaps SSB4 will make me change my mind about those newcomers once I try them hands-on. Until then, there are some newcomers that I'd love to see (Saki and Zoroark) but I'm not expecting them, but the rest I'm staying neutral on.

If Mewtwo doesn't get in, I'll be disappointed and a bit baffled to be honest. And if Roy doesn't get in, yeah, I'll be disappointed as well. But what's keeping me a little bit happy on Roy's end is SMTxFE. At least I know I'll see Roy's face again. Hahaha, Smash 4 and SMTxFE are the only games atm that I'm very interested in, despite knowing little about them. In fact, I think they'll be Wii U system sellers for me.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Forget Zelda newcomers.

Ghirahim, Paper Mario, and Palutena (and in a dark, forgotten corner of my heart, Geno) are my beloveds. Honorable mentions to Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo/Mewthree (and Megaman for third parties).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The reasoning of the already established franchises not needing to be expanded is the reason why I feel regulated to stuff that hasn't become an established franchise on the roster, which is why barring Palutena my wish list includes stuff like Takamaru and Little Mac, characters that haven't established yet and would feel more welcome.

Ridley, K. Rool, and Palutena being the only new characters for the existing franchises would be fine, with Mewtwo and Roy returning to fill in the gaps for Pokemon and Fire Emblem respectively. Others are not exactly needed, but if they show up for some arbitrary reason, so be it. It's just that the idea of stuff like Chrom, Krystal, Bandanna Dee, and Ghirahim coming in doesn't sound quite right.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ghirahim, Paper Mario, and Palutena (and in a dark, forgotten corner of my heart, Geno) are my beloveds. Honorable mentions to Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo/Mewthree (and Megaman for third parties).
Oh hai there. Don't mind me, I'm just bitter I've had to wait over a decade for a Hyrule Castle Interior stage. Surprised you've kicked Hades to the curb.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I am comfident the characters on my "wishlist" will mostly be left out, however stages are a different story.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
You've got a point, perhaps I'd put Hades as the fourth. That character is the most lovable of all Nintendo villains to me, it's just on some level I don't really expect him outside of either a boss or assist trophy or just trophy (or even a stage interaction), even relative to Ghirahim who people give a hard time. And Palutena is such a good choice I think, and she's lovable too. Not that I'd complain if we get both. :laugh: As long as I'm having fun I am not going to complain!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ooh stages. You have my ear now.
I can see Sand Ocean, and Sauria actually becoming stages. Where I find it a lot harder to believe Tingle or Medusa will be playable. I really want to see an ALttP stage come up. Something where the area switches between the two world during battle.

Something going between this:

and this:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Speaking of stages, and speaking of Pokemon Stadium 3 from a while ago, gotta say that while my idea of it is super idealistic, it's way better than everyone's, like, oh man.
I keep telling myself Sakurai won't go for a third Pokémon Stadium stage, but I know deep down inside he will. The first stage was novel, the second one was alright, but a third one doesn't elicit any enthusiasm from me what so ever.

I can see Sand Ocean, and Sauria actually becoming stages. Where I find it a lot harder to believe Tingle or Medusa will be playable. I really want to see an ALttP stage come up. Something where the area switches between the two world during battle.

Something going between this:

and this:
Sand Ocean? Why that and not, say, Red Canyon? Just curious is all, not questioning your choice.

I'm pretty sure we'll get aLttP2 stage. However, I think we'll miss out on any dark world mechanic since Nintendo says the story for the game is brand new.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
When it comes to stages, the ones I want the most are Quilty Square from Kirby's Epic Yarn, Sunset Shore from Donkey Kong Country Returns, Good Egg Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy, Murasame Castle from Nazo no Murasame Jo, and pretty much anything from Xenoblade.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't know, it's a level in F-Zero that's stuck with me, despite not playing the series much. But that's really it. As for Sauria, I just think it would be an interesting NON SPACE FIGHT IN THE BACKGROUND Star Fox level.

Do you think we'll get an Epic Yarn and Yarn Yoshi level?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't know, it's a level in F-Zero that's stuck with me, despite not playing the series much. But that's really it. As for Sauria, I just think it would be an interesting NON SPACE FIGHT IN THE BACKGROUND Star Fox level.

Do you think we'll get an Epic Yarn and Yarn Yoshi level?
Most definitely. Kirby's Epic Yarn and Kirby's Return to Dreamland will likely both get stages. EY has too many creative possibilities for Sakurai to pass up on and RtDL offers a traditional Kirby stage (Cookie Country) succeeding Green Greens.

Yoshi Yarn is probably a safe bet too. While it's easy to think it could wind up an Epic Yarn stage clone, based upon some of the screenshots, I don't thnk that will be a problem. Fighting on a sofa is an amazing possibility.

When it comes to stages, the ones I want the most are Quilty Square from Kirby's Epic Yarn, Sunset Shore from Donkey Kong Country Returns, Good Egg Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy, Murasame Castle from Nazo no Murasame Jo, and pretty much anything from Xenoblade.
Super Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Xenoblade will have phenomenal looking stages. The one thing Sakurai never skips out on is making the stages graphically impressive for their hardware. Already beautiful locations are going to look even better.

D

Deleted member

When it comes to characters I'm very passionate about, the only one I can say this to is Mega Man himself.

Unlike Starphoenix or ChronoBound, I never really had wants for characters until Brawl came out (I didn't even follow the speculation scene or posted, just looked at the news for the game). Once I started to figure out what I wanted for Smash 4, the character that came immediately on my mind for what I wanted was Mega Man and he's been my most wanted ever since (not counting the period where I supported Victini out of the illogical fear that Zoroark would replace Lucario and keep Mewtwo out). It wasn't until E3 2011 came around that I began to support his inclusion (which is when I went full-on into the speculation scene). Mega Man is the only character I can say that, if in, I would guarantee buy Smash 4 for.

Heck, Mega Man the main reason why I'm even bothering with the Smash 4 scene in the first place. Otherwise, I would just be casually looking forward to the next game and not really caring who gets in and who doesn't. I'd say that while my desire for Mega Man has thrown me into some of the craziest moments the Internet has ever seen, that I've learned a lot of things about myself that I otherwise wouldn't have. In other words, the possibility of Mega Man getting in has made Smash 4 more than just a game for me to look forward to, it has made it into a true experience.

While I'm not expecting Mega Man in the next Smash (then again, I don't expect third-parties in general to avoid disappointment; I would honestly be more disappointed to see a Namco rep get in), it doesn't change the fact that I plan on supporting him until the bitter end. And if he were to not get in this game, yet remained a viable contender for Smash 5, I could see myself following the scene just for the hope that he gets in and pretty much become what ChronoBound is to Ridley (except not treat him as a mandatory addition).

Like I said, there are plenty of characters I want to see and I'm sure I'm going to get a few I want (I already expect Mewtwo and King K. Rool to show up). But there's no one that I'm nearly as passionate about as Mega Man at this point. And if he's in, it is very possible that my wait could be over in 1.5 months. As for other characters, I also really want Mewtwo, King K. Rool and Roy, but the first two are among some of the most likely additions and Roy is someone I can live without (but will heavily support if Mega Man is confirmed at E3 2013).

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'd prefer a Yarn Yoshi level considering I have a seething hatred that Epic Yarn became a Kirby game when everyone knows deep down that it truly isn't (regardless if you enjoyed the game or not). The former does not seem like it is nearly as much of a joke however and doesn't blaspheme the Yoshi name.

Besides, Return to Dreamland is not only a better game but also is far more fitting to the Kirby name. In addition, a Yoshi stage with yarn isn't too much of a stretch of the imagination compared to what we had anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom