• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dark Pit getting over Palutena would both disappoint and satisfy me for several reasons:

1. It would disappoint me because I believe Palutena to be an important and interesting character.
2. It would please me because I support Dark Pit's inclusion and so I could collect tears from disappointed people who expected her.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I am fearful that Pitto will get the spot over Palutena.I hope he is just in for the sake of being in the shot.
If that's the case I hope he at least uses a different weapon.

Or worse...
Pit & Dark Pit Duo :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nothing is stopping Sakurai from putting both Dark Pit and Palutena. In fact, it may well happen.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's just that Dark Pit himself is not the problem, it's more like there's a generally better alternative in Palutena that including Dark Pit over her would seem backwards in logic. Though if Dark Pit was included alongside Pit and Palutena, that wouldn't be much of a problem.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Nothing is stopping Sakurai from putting both Dark Pit and Palutena. In fact, it may well happen.
I'm all for that, I would like it if he used a wide arsenal of weapons from claws, clubs, blades etc... and having a FS where he takes Pandora's power again(Spoilers?) to tear up the stage.

I'm warming up to the idea of Pitto if he's done right.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm warming up to the idea of Pitto if he's done right.
Everything is a good idea if done right.

Also, I am reminded of something. You know what would be epic and hilarious at the same time? Pit and Dark Pit yelling their pre-boss battle rallying cry vs. Team Rocket trio doing their silly motto.

D

Deleted member

It's just that Dark Pit himself is not the problem, it's more like there's a generally better alternative in Palutena that including Dark Pit over her would seem backwards in logic. Though if Dark Pit was included alongside Pit and Palutena, that wouldn't be much of a problem.
I actually WOULD have a problem with it, because it means that rather than getting someone unique, not in the KI universe, but out of all the candidates, we got ANOTHER clone/half-clone.

The only half-clone I wouldn't mind so much is the Metroid Prime. Simply because its abilities are very different from Samus, and Metroid kicks ass.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
So wishlist?
-Takamaru
-Dillon
-Palutena
-Little Mac
-Shulk
-Lip

It's very small, mainly because characters are not a large priority. However, other characters are okay (except Krystal) and will generally be neutral at worse. The bigger priority is a game that fixes the problems Brawl had in general, ranging from the shoddy content to clunky game design.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Between Diddy Kong's Impa propaganda and Manly's anti-clone propaganda, I'm not sure which of them is better.

Dark Pit could have a unique moveset too, considering the massive amount of weapons in Uprising. Anyone who's played Uprising knows that Dark Pit doesn't necessarily have to be a clone of Pit, much like how Toon Link doesn't have to be a clone of Link.

And it's not like clones are the end of the world, honestly, but *insert long argument on how clones are lazy game design blah blah blah blah blah*

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I actually WOULD have a problem with it, because it means that rather than getting someone unique, not in the KI universe, but out of all the candidates, we got ANOTHER clone/half-clone.

The only half-clone I wouldn't mind so much is the Metroid Prime. Simply because its abilities are very different from Samus, and Metroid kicks ***.
I too am fearful that we'll end up with a semi-clone Pit over a Palutena. Let alone a unique moveset for Pittoo
All we can do right now is wait...jeez this n!gga Sakurai got all of our ideal dreams by the balls...

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
likely
little mac
isaac
ridley
king k. rool
mega man
mewtwo
mii

unlikely
espeon & umbreon tag team
mr. stevenson
cranky

not a lot, so I will be easy to please

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm reminded that Golden supports both Dark Pit and Waluigi, and that's pretty funny to me.
I'm sure you'd support Dark Pit and Waluigi if you saw them dressing maid outfits. :troll:

I too am fearful that we'll end up with a semi-clone Pit over a Palutena. Let alone a unique moveset for Pittoo
All we can do right now is wait...jeez this n!gga Sakurai got all of our ideal dreams by the balls...
Dream crushing would be Palutena getting in as a Zelda clone, alongside Dark Pit as a Pit clone.

Makes KIU, adds two KI characters to Smash 4 and both of them are clones. Sakurai: *laughs*

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
likely
little mac
isaac
ridley
king k. rool
mega man
mewtwo
mii

unlikely
espeon & umbreon tag team
mr. stevenson
cranky

not a lot, so I will be easy to please
I would say at least 1 Namco rep is likely as well

P.S LOL! Your name makes sooo much more sense now that I see that thumbnail!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Meh, we can try to live in ideal world where everyone is a unique snowflake, but in the end that will lead to disappointment. Just got to roll with the punches and move on.

One thing for sure is that we're not going to get a clone situation as bad as the one in Melee.

D

Deleted member

Oh God, it looks worse than Pikadorf. Kill it with fire!
I'm reminded that Golden supports both Dark Pit and Waluigi, and that's pretty funny to me.
Not as funny as you supporting a certain Mega Man ripoff. :troll:
(Aside from that, how many times do I have to say that I heavily support a crapton of KI characters over Pittoo before people get it?)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wishlist?

- Mewtwo
- Bandanna Dee
- Megaman
- Slime

The rest I don't care about.

The only half-clone I wouldn't mind so much is the Metroid Prime. Simply because its abilities are very different from Samus, and Metroid kicks ***.
Dark Samus?

D

Deleted member

I don't see why people are fretting over the possibility of Palutena getting shafted for Dark Pit. Sure there the fact that Zero Suit Samus was picked over Ridley (although Ridley will be one of the harder characters to fit in), but when we're taking into account that Palutena is the Zelda of her series, there really isn't any reason to worry about Palutena being shafted for a less important character. The only real concern is whenever or not Sakurai wants to be concern about adding a second Kid Icarus rep, but even then, the situations are completely different than his concern of overreping Kirby.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh God, it looks worse than Pikadorf. Kill it with fire!
That Entei in your avatar looks ready and waiting. Give the order, please?

One thing for sure is that we're not going to get a clone situation as bad as the one in Melee.
Unless the game is rushed again, which I don't believe it happening. In fact, if they announced a delay, it wouldn't surprise me, considering that it happened with both Brawl and KI: Uprising.

D

Deleted member

@Diddy: I'm pretty sure I look better than you at the very least. :troll:
@Frost: He is currently blinded by the outstretched lankiness that is that Impa hack.

D

Deleted member

That Entei in your avatar looks ready and waiting. Give the order, please?

Unless the game is rushed again, which I don't believe it happening. In fact, if they announced a delay, it wouldn't surprise me, considering that it happened with both Brawl and KI: Uprising.
I have a feeling that delays are going to be inevitable. I see the game being announced for a Q2/Q3 2014 release, but pushed back to Q4 2014 due to complications.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That pic of Impa made her the Waluigi of the Zelda Series. :troll:

Unnecessarily tall and thin. :glare:

D

Deleted member

At least they don't have to be high to want summa me. :troll:
I kid, I kid.

D

Deleted member

Wishlist Thread?

Oh, BOY! I've actually been meaning to make an "ideal Roster" for some time, certainly more fun thatn prediction rosters.

Anyway:
-Lyn
-Ashley
-Vaati
-Masked Link
-Ridley
-Diddy + Dixie
-Palutena
-Mach Rider
-Takamaru
-Banjo

Also, Ashley's moveset has been posted in the Ashley thread, and the Wario characters thread. Be sure to check it out, some criticism would be nice (tear it a new asshole).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom