• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I like contradictive characters, example, Mr. Stevenson. A retired FBI agent turned private eye, looks somewhat old and fat, yet his gameplay is he runs

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
>Dark Pit
FFFFFF****!

Goddammit Sakurai...
Don't look too deep into it. Besides, the Dark Pit figma is a good compliment to the Pit one anyway, and there isn't really an alternative figure that could also compliment Pit like Palutena or Magnus.

Which reminds me, wasn't there a Palutena figma planned at some point?

D

Deleted member

Why would there need a figure to compliment Pit in the first place?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I looked at a Japanese review site for their opinions on the Fire Emblem series, and unsurprisingly their outlook on the FE series is pretty consistent:

FE3 (VC): 71 points (received a letter grade of C though, I guess VC games have a harsher grading system)
FE4 (VC): 75 points (received a letter grade of C though, I guess VC games have a harsher grading system)
FE5 (VC): 82 points (no letter grade due to not enough reviews)
FE6: 78 points (A)
FE7: 78 points (A)
FE8: 65 points (C)
FE9: 73 points (A)
FE10: 75 points (A)
FE11: 60 points (C)
FE12: 75 points (A)
FE13: 70 points (B)

It pretty much matches up with what I said before that the only two FE games I see a lot of hate for in Japan are FE8 and FE11.

Some other curious things from the website:
Super Metroid: 84 points (B) (pretty much confirms that VC games have a harsher grade scale for a letter grade in regards to points)
Panel de Pon: 76 points (no letter grade due to not enough reviews)
A Link To The Past: 83 points (B)
Majora's Mask: 84 points (no letter grade)
F-Zero X: 75 points (C)
Star Fox 64: 75 points (C)
Ocarina of Time: 81 points (B)
Super Mario 64: 76 points (C)
Super Mario RPG: 68 points (C)
F-Zero: 80 points (B)
Super Mario World: 72 points (C)
Paper Mario: 76 points (C)
Nazo no Murasame: Only one review for it and he gave it 38 points
Super Mario Bros. 3: 87 points (B)
Metroid: Only one review, 72 points
Punch-Out: only two reviews, 75 points
Super Smash Bros.: 72 points (C)
Custom Robo V2: 81 points (B)
Metroid Other M: 55 points (D) (BWAAHAHAHA, the Japanese hated Other M too)
Metroid Prime 2 Wii Version: 76 points (C)
Metroid Prime Wii Version: 83 points (B)
Metroid Prime 3: 80 points (A)
Mother 3: 66 points (C) (I actually heard Mother 3 was pretty divisive in Japan)
Metroid Fusion: 73 points (B)
Metroid Zero Mission: 76 points (B)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 74 points (B)
Metroid Prime: 75 points (A)
Metroid Prime 2: 68 points (C)
Resident Evil 4 (GCN): 81 points (S)
Super Smash Bros. Melee: 83 points (S) (Wow, I guess the Japanese have a strong liking to Melee too)
Star Fox Adventures: 52 points (D) (I said before the Japanese hated the post-64 SF games)
Star Fox Assault: 59 points (D) (more hate for post-64 Star Fox)
F-Zero GX: 82 points S (I applaud the Japanese for rating this game so highly)
Star Fox Command: 64 points (C)

Could not find reviews for FE1 and FE2 on the VC.

The NES, SNES, and Nintendo 64 games listed are for their VC versions.

bobadz

Smash Ace
I looked at a Japanese review site for their opinions on the Fire Emblem series, and unsurprisingly their outlook on the FE series is pretty consistent:

FE3 (VC): 71 points (received a letter grade of C though, I guess VC games have a harsher grading system)
FE4 (VC): 75 points (received a letter grade of C though, I guess VC games have a harsher grading system)

It pretty much matches up with what I said before that the only two FE games I see a lot of hate for in Japan are FE8 and FE11.

Super Metroid: 84 points (B) (pretty much confirms that VC games have a harsher grade scale for a letter grade in regards to points)
Mother 3: 66 points (C) (I actually heard Mother 3 was pretty divisive in Japan)
Super Smash Bros. Melee: 83 points (S) (Wow, I guess the Japanese have a strong liking to Melee too)
Star Fox Adventures: 52 points (D) (I said before the Japanese hated the post-64 SF games)

Yeah, I heard that about mother 3 also.

Interesting find

Also, going back to the action figures. Sakurai did say that he stopped tweeting for a while due to people thinking everything he tweeted was about smash. He must've known the fanbase would over analyze this when he posted it.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
super mario bros. got 87 points and is rated B, yet melee got 83 points but is rated an S?

how does this system work

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Are the Japanese just not as blinded by nostalgia like people in the west, or something?
As I said, there are no games I have seen on that site that reached over 90 points. Anything over 80 is rare, and over 85 super rare.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
They're harder on VC releases? Huh

Strange, I guess it's because they're already classics and they're judging them based on how well they aged

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Are the Japanese just not as blinded by nostalgia like people in the west, or something?
Perhaps they don't let personal bias to get on their way? Hmm... not possible. Everyone is biased, as much as we like to deny it.

I don't have a Wii U. And anyways, why use a Wii U for surfing the net when you have a computer?
Quite the pertinent question, but still, should your PC die or be used by someone else, you can still go to the internet.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Perhaps they don't let personal bias to get on their way? Hmm... not possible. Everyone is biased, as much as we like to deny it.

Quite the pertinent question, but still, should your PC die or be used by someone else, you can still go to the internet.
Which is why I'm on my WiiU now. :laugh:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Let's just clarify that an internet option on consoles is really redundant, considering that you need wi-fi to access it. Considering that for wi-fi you need an internet cable and a router, wouldn't it make more sense to use internet related tasks on your own computer?

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
don't have a phone and I hate using the internet on ipads (which belongs to my parents)

@hab see above reasons

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think the truly interesting thing is that the Japanese are just as harsh about Other M as the West is.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think the truly interesting thing is that the Japanese are just as harsh about Other M as the West is.
That game was a mess to begin with, so that shouldn't really come as a surprise. Japanese or American, you don't need to be a genius to see the flaws with it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Let's just clarify that an internet option on consoles is really redundant, considering that you need wi-fi to access it. Considering that for wi-fi you need an internet cable and a router, wouldn't it make more sense to use internet related tasks on your own computer?
Imagine the following situation which is similar to one I've had in my home long ago:
A house with one PC and one Wii U. The house has no wi-fi routers. A family of three people lives in the house and the PC is being used by the father for work. You are the family's child and want to go to the Internet. What is the solution?

Situation two:
Your PC his kicked the bucket and you don't have money to buy a new one.

I should have clarified that I use a pre-paid dial-up connection... which costs me 125 rupees (approx. 2 euros) a month.
2€ per month is quite cheap indeed, considering I have a portable USB internet connector and pay 30€ (doing the math, it should be around 1875 rupees) per month for that...

EDIT: Every time I read rupees, I can't help but think on Zelda's currency. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

So wishlist? I just posted mine on the Wishlist thread, but a breakdown:

Most wanted:
- Mega Man

Other characters I really want to see:
- Mewtwo
- King K. Rool
- Roy (but to a lesser extent)

Characters that I also support:
- Toad
- Bowser Jr.
- Dixie Kong
- Ridley
- Samurai Goroh
- Mach Rider
- Isaac

Unlikely characters I would like to see:
- Paper Mario
- Geno
- Pichu
- Deoxys
- Genesect
- Lip
- Ray (Custom Robo)
- Bomberman
- Tails
- Slime

ChronoBound said:
There is a lot of idiots over at NeoGAF that think K. Rool won't be in Smash 4 because he is "irrelevant" to the DK series due to DKCReturns. There are some who even think Lucina is going to replace Marth. As dumb as this place gets sometimes, its probably the smartest place for Smash Bros. discussion.
Ain't that the truth? Sad part is that the standards are even worse on GameFAQs, which is poisonous if you let too much of it absorb your brain.
ManlySpirit said:
Well, here's a thing though. Putting effort is really meaningless if you think about it. By now 90% of the roster must have been decided. No ammount of rallying or chanting os gonna change who got in or not. The only ones worth supporting are late-comers, characters who had little support a year ago, but now are seeing a rise (like Ashley). And 3rd party characters, who still very much a shot in the dark.

The big ones, Pokemon, DK, Zelda, Metroid, Mario and FE, are pretty much set in stone at this point I'm sure.

In fact, if you think about it, getting support for unlikely faces is a more fruitful endeavor at this point, because if anything, it raises their suppor for Smash5.
Good to know that my most wanted character fits under the description.

That said, you are right about this. Ultimately, when it comes to supporting a character, it's more me expressing my enthusiastic attitude towards Smash 4 coming out and I treat most support group as a hang-out. The only one I am putting a very serious focus on getting in is Mega Man and that's because aside from being a third-party and my most wanted, Smash 4 may very well be his only shot of getting in and I would hate for him to miss his chance.
Starphoenix said:
My crazy tin foil hat theory is that Sin and Punishment: Star Successor will be a pseudo spiritual successor in the vein of Mute City: a flying platform stage. Think back to my S&P stage concept.
Sin and Punishment reminds me more of a Star Fox on ground type of game rather than F-zero to me.
Habanero said:
It seems like when it comes to characters, people have a different prospective of desires and expectations. Because no desires are the same, there's a distinction between each individual at the cost of no unity. The desires in particular are influenced by the individual's taste, whether it's because of personal connection, cosmetic appeal, or gameplay potential. For example, Manly likes women, Starphoenix like cute things, Horsetail likes the underdogs, and I like historical or cultural things.
Pretty much. All of us come from different backgrounds, which makes it interesting that we're all together discussing SSB4.

I also feel as a reason why someone wants a character can be a combination of personal connection, cosmetic appeal (but in my case, it's minor) and game play material. Like for example, I want Mega Man for all of these reasons (and before you ask, by cosmetic appearance, I mean that he's a really cool looking robot and I like the concept of humanoid robots).
FalKoopa said:
Dark Pit confirmed to appear in Smash 4 in some form...
But as Pit's alternate costume. :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What could Dark Pit possibly offer different from Pit? Then again, it's not like semi-clones are bad at all or anything. Hey, we might not even get Palutena in the end cause of this. Anyone dissapointed with that?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Custom Robo is pretty high up there. Good for them. Too bad I'll never get to play the game bar illegal means which I don't wish to do. That Other M score makes me all kinds of happy. Never again Nintendo.

Sin and Punishment reminds me more of a Star Fox on ground type of game rather than F-zero to me.Pretty much. All of us come from different backgrounds, which makes it interesting that we're all together discussing SSB4.
Has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What could Dark Pit possibly offer different from Pit? Then again, it's not like semi-clones are bad at all or anything. Hey, we might not even get Palutena in the end cause of this. Anyone dissapointed with that?
Dark Pit can be very different from Pit, given the plethora of weapons in Kid Icarus: Uprising.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well in that scenario, it would be a disappointment. Not sure how Dark Pit would get in over Palutena, but that Sakurai guy is a loose cannon.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
anyone else ever used the internet on wii-u
I'm on it right now.
I don't have a Wii U. And anyways, why use a Wii U for surfing the net when you have a computer?
The WiiU browser is pretty good better than PS3 and 360 from my experience. The only thing it doesn't do is Flash and Streaming content and since the industry is moving towards HTML5 and the fact that Nintendo could either patch the wifi for streaming or add apps like Twitch it's not that big of an issue.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Pit: Hopefully like Brawl, but with more weapons. Bows, staffs. More ranged.

Dark Pit: More up close and threatening. Claws, Arms. That sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom