• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I like Project:M and they're making crazy things with it, but imho sometimes they miss the point. Like what they did to Pokémon Trainer. Imho they shouldn't CHANGE things, but make them better.
Also they could add an incredible amount of new stages but they don't.
I understand it's mostly a competitive hack but I liked to play Melee Brawl-style. With items and on random characters/stages.
P:M doesn't seem like it. Though, I never played it (I got a PAL WiiU damn it), so I can't really tell.

I'll admit that is kinda sad with Project M.

My biggest complaint is they made everything too good. Some moves are supposed to suck, some characters shouldn't be good with this or that. I know they want to balance the cast but sometimes I think it goes too far.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll admit that is kinda sad with Project M.

My biggest complaint is they made everything too good. Some moves are supposed to suck, some characters shouldn't be good with this or that. I know they want to balance the cast but sometimes I think it goes too far.
That should NEVER be the case.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There definitely should be situation moves (ie: counters), but never a "weak move." For example, PK Flash is awful in Melee and Brawl, but man, in Project M 2.6, they fixed that move and made it have limited use (but in that limited use it is INCREDIBLE!!!).
I like Project:M and they're making crazy things with it, but imho sometimes they miss the point. Like what they did to Pokémon Trainer. Imho they shouldn't CHANGE things, but make them better.
They changed them by separating them and making them stand out individually. While I don't totally agree with separating them entirely, it works, and it is awesome.
Also they could add an incredible amount of new stages but they don't.
They've run into issues with that I think.

Still, I would love to see them use a stage expander or make one if possible.
I understand it's mostly a competitive hack but I liked to play Melee Brawl-style. With items and on random characters/stages.
P:M doesn't seem like it. Though, I never played it (I got a PAL WiiU damn it), so I can't really tell.
Well you could keep the random stages if you so choose to. Also, the items remain the same, although there are less of them allowed on the field at the time to prevent lag or frame dropping.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Didn't they change some stages though, making them more FinalDestination/Battlefield-like? Anyway I'm sure it plays great, it shows. I would like to try it lol but I live in Italy. I don't want to hack my WiiU to make it work for P:M.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Didn't they change some stages though, making them more FinalDestination/Battlefield-like? Anyway I'm sure it plays great, it shows. I would like to try it lol but I live in Italy. I don't want to hack my WiiU to make it work for P:M.

They balanced stages yeah. But it's not like they added 15 new versions of Final Destination to Project M. :rolleyes:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
[collapse="Here's my change list."]-Brawl Final Destination is swamped for Melee Final Destination.
-Luigi's Mansion was replaced by a new stage called Dracula's Castle (it's amazing; go look at it).
-Mushroomy Kingdom was replaced by the Smash 64 Metal Mario stage.
-Mario Bros. was replaced by Fountain of Dreams (Melee).
-75M was replaced by Congo Jungle (64).
-Rumble Falls was made into a somewhat large non-moving neutral stage with three platforms.
-The Bridge of Eldin was replaced by Hyrule Caste (64).
-Pirate Ship now has bombs and other hazards that do less knockback.
-Norfair now only has two side platforms, and no stage hazards.
-Yoshi's Island (Melee) was replaced by Yoshi's Story (Melee).
-Green Greens (Melee) was replaced by Dreamland (64).
-Lylat Cruise no longer tilts (THANK GOD!!!)
-Pokémon Stadium 1 now has the windmill in the background.
-Pokémon Stadium 2 no longer transforms.
-Spear Pillar was replaced by Saffron City (64).
-New Pork City was replaced by Fourside (Melee).
-Onett (Melee) now has cars that do less damage and can't kill (unless you are way off on the sides).
-Castle Siege now has no middle section (as of 2.5).
-Skyworld no longer has that random cloud or any platforms that break.
-Wario Ware no longer transforms.
-Distant Planet was replaced with the SSE: Jungle level, which is a pretty nice sized stage with two side platforms.
-Green Hill Zone was changed into a flat stage with a side moving platform that swings like a pendulum.
-PictoChat is now Brawl Minus Picto Chat, and got ride of many of the transformations.
-Hanebow was replaced with a new stage Skyloft, which is just the top left part of Hyrule Castle with a new texture (and it is awesome).[/collapse]
Obviously you can undo these stage replacements by just removing them from the hack, however, or if you have a hacked Wii, you can add either the newly added or newly replaced stages as custom stages.

In other words, if you have a hacked Wii, you can have the best of both worlds. ;) Granted, you would need a NTSC Wii or a NTSC Wii hard mod. :grin:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Sonic Heroes had a terrible ending and all, but the rest of the game was alright, sans the awful glitchy Haunted House level.
I thought it did a really good job of recapturing the feel of the Genesis era games, with the different-themed levels and all

but yeah, I hated Mystic Mansion ._. the end part with the spider webs always pissed me off

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I thought it did a really good job of recapturing the feel of the Genesis era games, with the different-themed levels and all

but yeah, I hated Mystic Mansion ._. the end part with the spider webs always pissed me off
It did some nice things, but eh, the poor final product kinda knocked it down a few notches.

As for Mystic Mansion, man, that level was a giant glitchy mess, and it was way too long. I don't know why they even added that stage, as it added nothing to the game.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It did some nice things, but eh, the poor final product kinda knocked it down a few notches.

As for Mystic Mansion, man, that level was a giant glitchy mess, and it was way too long. I don't know why they even added that stage, as it added nothing to the game.
filler level I guess lol

I guess I'm just too lenient when it comes to games, if I can take away something I like about a product then it softens my opinion on it even if objectively, I know it's poorly made

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After watching a video from one of the pokemon "experts" on youtube using an editor to edit trainers pokemon in game I spent an hour looking for an editor online and didn't find anything

I wanted to edit the trainers in game to be more difficult

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I haven't used a legendary on my team since RBY, even if the legendaries weren't Uber, because of the negative stigma that surround people that used them back in the day

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I usually use a legendary first run through of each game. I'm not sure if I'm gonna use Xerneas though. I might just end up using Dedenne for my fairy and call it a day. Or I can just do a fairy run through. :D

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I usually use a legendary first run through of each game. I'm not sure if I'm gonna use Xerneas though. I might just end up using Dedenne for my fairy and call it a day. Or I can just do a fairy run through. :D
Dedenne's stats are going to be abysmal if it's like any of the OTHER regions pika clones.

Who knows, they COULD do something special with it, but I doubt it

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm getting Pokémon Y. Yveltal is one hell of a badass.

Malamar, Pangoro and Honedge will be on my team too. Mega Absol looks awesome too. Tyrunt and its evolution is also one of my favorites of this generation.

I wonder how many other Ghost and Dark types will appear on this generation...

And thanks to the Fairy-type, Ghost/Dark combo no longer has no weaknesses. Guess it's bye-bye for those Wonder Guard Spiritombs...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Dedenne's stats are going to be abysmal if it's like any of the OTHER regions pika clones.

Who knows, they COULD do something special with it, but I doubt it

>Implying I give a ****

I played through HG with a Pichu. (Volt Tackle, Thunder Iron Tail, Attract I believe) I just play with Pokemon I like. LIKE EVERYONE SHOULD.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
X and Y look so darn promising.
I'm getting both Pokemon X and Y. Both legendaries look great, but Yveltal is just so beastly. My favorite 6th gen Pokemon is defiantly Meowstic. I'm naming the female Neneko ♥

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Hurrray for Eelektross the one who reigns supreme and laughs in the faces of all the ghost/dark types and their weakness.

OK for this game, I'm probably getting Y because... IDK Skrelp>Clauncher honestly I don't care about legendaries, I'll catch them... And then lock them in a box... But that's about it. Besides, I'm planning on doing a nuzlocke any way but pokemon I'm liking so far include:
Froakie line, Skrelp, Inkay (not so sure about his evolution though...), Flabébe, Swirlix, Amaura line (Tyrunt line is good too I guess but I'll admit it, I'm a hipster when it comes to this kind of stuff.) OK I basically approve of everything but those are the ones that stand out I guess... Maybe Flabébe shouldn't be on that list...
OK never mind then. I will instead piss people off by saying what I DON'T like =D
Chespin line, Quilladin mostly though. Too derpy. But hopefully his final evo will convince me. Sylveon (mehhhhhhhh), Helioptile, Litleo , Dedenne (freaking pikaclones, at least a lot of people notice these guys suck. Now to convince them the OG sucks too...), Mega Blaziken, Mega Lucario, Mega Ampharos, Mega Garchomp...
Hmmmmm...

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
>Implying I give a ****

I played through HG with a Pichu. (Volt Tackle, Thunder Iron Tail, Attract I believe) I just play with Pokemon I like. LIKE EVERYONE SHOULD.
I have that same mindset, but I also believe in being able to put these pokemon to their full potential (#subtlejab)

Honestly, I like using pokemon that I can actually put more thought into their movesets. Some pokemon do better with movesets that don't just have good type coverage =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom