• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Allow only rock types the ability to use stealth rock. Solved.
Well then they're going to have to retcon the **** out of everything >.> Frankly a stealth rock weakness isn't that bad if you're able to get solid rapid spin support but frankly I'm kind of glad charizard sucks :awesome: the 6 year olds of the world need to know there tubby little dragon is outclassed by every other actual dragon ever =.= but yeah limiting who got stealth rock from the start would help balance things...

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Ghirahim has enough personality and likability for the whole roster.

However, as Treeko said, he's like Zant and Midna. While having a flamboyant Demon on the roster would be amazing and fresh, he's only been in one, IMO, mediocre game. And it looks like he won't be able to make any appearance after that game, so... I would love him in the game, but he's not all that likely.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'll be honest, I haven't really cared about Zelda since Wind Waker. So I don't really feel like I'm the best person to talk about it.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ghirahim has potential to be a reoccurring element in the Hyrule universe, so I think he has somewhat of a shot.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
But if you are going to put another sword user better Ghirahim, than another blue haired Fire Emblem character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Zant got overtaken by Ganondorf in Twilight Princess. So it made no sense to include him. Midna's only good with TP Link, so adding her is a double character with two models by default.

Ghirahim doesn't have the same issues, though. He could get in without any problems at this point, as a standalone character. Nobody overtook him in notability beyond the final boss, who isn't that known or nearly as popular. While I think Tingle is the best Zelda-related character to add, there could be one extra slot by this point. It's mostly Impa, Ghirahim, or Tingle for reasonable choices.

I don't like comparing Ghirahim to Zant nor Midna for reasons outlined above. Or if you want to read it one shot;

Zant is fully outshined by Ganondorf during Twilight Princess, including taking his role as main boss. Every character in Brawl besides Sheik, who's there for gameplay concept(and was planned for TP anyway) is a standalone character from their own games. Or other games. Midna doesn't go anywhere without TP Link, meaning that if he's already playable, putting in the literal same person from the same game twice seems unnecessary. Dr. Mario and Mario are different since they come from different games anyway. If OOT LInk still had his design used, I guess Midna & Wolf Link would've worked. But eh. Anyway, Ghirahim was never outshined by anyone, nor depended on a current version of a character, so he can get in purely as an interesting standalone slot. So can Tingle and Impa, respectively.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Zant got overtaken by Ganondorf in Twilight Princess. So it made no sense to include him. Midna's only good with TP Link, so adding her is a double character with two models by default.

Ghirahim doesn't have the same issues, though. He could get in without any problems at this point, as a standalone character. Nobody overtook him in notability beyond the final boss, who isn't that known or nearly as popular. While I think Tingle is the best Zelda-related character to add, there could be one extra slot by this point. It's mostly Impa, Ghirahim, or Tingle for reasonable choices.

I don't like comparing Ghirahim to Zant nor Midna for reasons outlined above. Or if you want to read it one shot;

Zant is fully outshined by Ganondorf during Twilight Princess, including taking his role as main boss. Every character in Brawl besides Sheik, who's there for gameplay concept(and was planned for TP anyway) is a standalone character from their own games. Or other games. Midna doesn't go anywhere without TP Link, meaning that if he's already playable, putting in the literal same person from the same game twice seems unnecessary. Dr. Mario and Mario are different since they come from different games anyway. If OOT LInk still had his design used, I guess Midna & Wolf Link would've worked. But eh. Anyway, Ghirahim was never outshined by anyone, nor depended on a current version of a character, so he can get in purely as an interesting standalone slot. So can Tingle and Impa, respectively.
Oh. I just relate him to those two because they're one-timers that are probably not going to see a return any time soon.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The people that don't want Ghirahim since he's a sword user are the same ones that want to give Ganondorf the sword.

It's a damn double-standard.
I don't think Ganondorf should have a sword except maybe to materialize one for a Smash.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I don't think Ganondorf should have a sword except maybe to materialize one for a Smash.
Oh, I was talking about people in general. But yeah, maybe a smash or two, he doesn't need a sword.

But people just view Ghirahim as a generic sword user, which he isn't. He has great potential as a fighter, and despite being a one-timer, he had a pivotal role in Skyward Sword, and basically stole the show, along with Groose.

Groose for SSB4.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh. I just relate him to those two because they're one-timers that are probably not going to see a return any time soon.
That's ultimately all they have in common. That, and Ghirahim seems to be less popular from what I remember.

I do like them all, though.

I think Ghirahim's more comparable to Majora's Mask version of Skull Kid. He only had one important appearance, played a role in the main story, and was pretty unique.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That's ultimately all they have in common. That, and Ghirahim seems to be less popular from what I remember.

I do like them all, though.

I think Ghirahim's more comparable to Majora's Mask version of Skull Kid. He only had one important appearance, played a role in the main story, and was pretty unique.
Referring to their impact on fans and the series, I'd agree.

There are some other ways Zant, Ghirahim, and the Skull Kid could be compared though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Referring to their impact on fans and the series, I'd agree.

There are some other ways Zant, Ghirahim, and the Skull Kid could be compared though.
Zant/Midna & Wolf Link don't have much in common ultimately with Skull Kid(Majora's Mask)/Ghirahim in the first place. It just barely works out that way.

Either way, Ghirahim isn't in the same situation as Midna and Zant regardless. There's some major differences. As I've noted before. I think they matter quite a bit.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Zant/Midna & Wolf Link don't have much in common ultimately with Skull Kid(Majora's Mask)/Ghirahim in the first place. It just barely works out that way.

Either way, Ghirahim isn't in the same situation as Midna and Zant regardless. There's some major differences. As I've noted before. I think they matter quite a bit.
Regarding Smash yes. Though, when not talking about the situation they are in referring to Smash, there are some ways Zant, Ghirahim and the Skull Kid/Majora's Mask can be compared. (their personality changes are among them) and I'm just counting those three antagonists there, not Midna/Wolf Link.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Regarding Smash yes. Though, when not talking about the situation they are in referring to Smash, there are some ways Zant, Ghirahim and the Skull Kid/Majora's Mask can be compared. (their personality changes are among them) and I'm just counting those three antagonists there, not Midna/Wolf Link.
I'm counting one-off but viable and notable characters. They had slightly similar situations.

And yes, I'm only referring to Smash, as I was in the context of my original post, Ghirahim being a viable option for SSBFor. Mind you, he's not my pick, but I can't really see how he's an overall bad choice. I think Tingle or Impa could bring more to the table as unique slots. Tingle for more crazy shenanigans. Having more than one of his own games and being notable among various games, and not just 2 max gives him some stuff to not just work with, but major notability. Impa, as noted, has 2 noteworthy games. Ghirahim gained some high popularity, if mostly due to excellent characterization, as well as could be easily a far more unique sword user than seen before.(and I can't believe people think him having a sword means Ganondorf couldn't. :facepalm:)

IMO, for varying reasons, I'd say the most probable would be Tingle > Impa > Ghirahim.
Tingle's placement: His own games, does have a lot more popularity than people think, although the least from America, very important and key to beating more than one game, and takes a role in most games story-wise. Or outright necessary to beat the game. Only game I can think of where he has zero importance is Four Swords Adventure.
Impa's placement: Let's be honest, SS did help make her somewhat notable. She has some popularity here and there.(seems to be a vocal minority, though) Fairly recent(which doesn't mean much, but I can see her being looked at at least). She's played some decent roles among the Zelda games, although only four does she have a story role, and only 3 of those most players will see by default. She's in both combined games for the Oracle series, but only appears in one without combining them. A lot of her stuff is in the manual, though. Zelda 1 and Zelda II has her nowhere to be found in the game itself.
Ghirahim's placement: While he definitely is pretty popular, a lot find him creepy. He was also really well-designed and has great characterization. One of the few new Zelda characters that I think really shined in his first appearance. However, being that he's not part of the true main cast or directly connected to more than a final boss(who is a one-off, although clearly important), says he's not as important as he could be. I think he's clearly a viable choice.

And all of them can be very damn unique, so that respectfully applies. Keep in mind I may be wrong about their popularity status, so it's from my observations it's like that. It's an opinion on that front(so don't ask me to cite it, please. But if you could cite their currently world popularity, that's cool)

As for their roles outside of Smash, I don't find that much relevant. Impa barely shows up in an important role(3/4 games out of 6.). Tingle stars in 3 games, and he doesn't do anything important to the game in any possible way in only one game released. By important, I mean being useful in story or gameplay. Ghirahim very well was very important in his only appearance thusfar.(I forget his life status, but dead characters often get revived, so...)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
'A Link between Worlds' Link could be the new kid Link. Just my opinion, but I think he's above anyone else in the likely factor.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
'A Link between Worlds' Link could be the new kid Link. Just my opinion, but I think he's above anyone else in the likely factor.
Really honestly equal to Toon Link, due to him getting a remade(rerelease/port/whatever) in HD.

Being new isn't going to automatically mean much. Sales and popularity of the design does help too. That, and Toon Link is still pretty different from Conductor Link, who has a low polygon count in the actual SSBFor stage. So... not really.

Did Link take upon the SS appearance? Nope. Meaning a new design doesn't really mean much. It's very possible they could switch Toon for Classic, but there's really nothing pointing towards a switch out, since there's 3 very relevant designs at this point, Young, Toon, and Classic.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know what's better. A gun
"I have Vodka... BUT NO ****ING AMMO!"
"No ammo? NOOOOOOO!"
"My weapons are out of honor!"
"****! Juice is dry!"

I never heard, "My Hammer sword is out of hitting!"

@H.F It's more of a guess than a statement, apologies. I just find him fitting the pattern that Sakurai has shown in the past.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@H.F It's more of a guess than a statement, apologies. I just find him fitting the pattern that Sakurai has shown in the past.
Once Link didn't show up in the SS style, still sporting the TP main style with notes from other styles, I've found the pattern to be no longer useful by that point.

All I'm expecting is a Child Link and anything beyond that is "who knows". I'd like Young Link with Masks myself.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Is the ring an item or a team taunt? Hmm
It is an item to taunt your enemy that you have a lover, only to find out your lover is actually returning it because they are accepting an equivalent of said item from your enemy.
filler level I guess lol

I guess I'm just too lenient when it comes to games, if I can take away something I like about a product then it softens my opinion on it even if objectively, I know it's poorly made
Yeah that game had some strong points and some negatives, but my goodness that level was a disaster.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"I have Vodka... BUT NO ****ING AMMO!"
"No ammo? NOOOOOOO!"
"My weapons are out of honor!"
"****! Juice is dry!"

I never heard, "My Hammer sword is out of hitting!"

No one's ever ran out of hitting because the only people dumb enough to use it get eaten first

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Once Link didn't show up in the SS style, still sporting the TP main style with notes from other styles, I've found the pattern to be no longer useful by that point.

All I'm expecting is a Child Link and anything beyond that is "who knows". I'd like Young Link with Masks myself.
I suppose. I don't care which one gets in, myself. I just hope The Rusty Triforce- Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf- aren't garbage again.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No one cares about that game.
I suppose. I don't care which one gets in, myself. I just hope The Rusty Triforce- Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf- aren't garbage again.
Link and Zelda will always suck. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom