• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We Fossil Fighters now!

Also, apparently this thing is supposed to have wicked attack stat, like base 155 or something.

I think THIS thing looks more like fossil fighters. Being an elemental dinosaur thing

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think that's a foregone conclusion. You have to make the choice. K. Rool or Dixie? It seems like an incredibly easy one, to me.

For me, it's quite an issue. Sure, King K.Rool is all sorts of amazing, but Dixie is still easily better than 90% of other potential candidates so... Giving her up is not an easy thing.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
We Fossil Fighters now!

Also, apparently this thing is supposed to have wicked attack stat, like base 155 or something.
Yeesh...Move over Darminatan. Rock/Dragon right? Definitely putting little foot in my main team.
Have seen this supposed leak list of mega pokes??

It has been legit so far. Garchomp was release with one right after i saw this video.
Mega Gengar has been circulating too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeesh...Move over Darminatan. Rock/Dragon right? Definitely putting little foot in my main team.
Have seen this supposed leak list of mega pokes??

It has been legit so far. Garchomp was release with one right after i saw this video.
Mega Gengar has been circulating too.
They are both fake

Edit: Though I would REALLY want a Porygon-Z Mega

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just found a deal for 2 barely used GCN controller (Nintendo made and still in good condition; saw dem pics) for about $35 total!

Now I can finally replace that Wavebird GCN controller that is about 12 year old and has a barely functional C-stick. Man, I got my $25 worth out of that controller.
If not, then there is always A Link Between Worlds.

Arrggh... Miis... :urg:... Maybe i'll warm up to it when I see it in action..

A want Saffron City HD! I really we hope we don't just get Pokemon Stadium 3
I think we could honestly get Zelda for the Wind Waker HD release, and Sheik for the Link Between Worlds.

And Miis I was warmed up to before, but man, after Sakurai and co. NAILED the Villager, I think they could do it again with the Miis.

And yeah, I think they should just save past stages for DLC, paid or free, especially if they are getting HD remakes.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mii's?

they aren't high on my list but if they get in I'm gucci
Well judging by what Sakurai did with the Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, I imagine with the Miis' expanded repertoire of moves that they could be even better.

On top of that, given their popularity and how huge the Wii (Sports) series is, Miis are all but a lock, especially with all that potential for mind blowing awesome Sakurai-ish moves.

I mean Miis are gonna happen eventually, and with the Wii and DS-era being especially highlighted, they are a given.

In other words, if you hate them, either learn to ignore them or like them, because they are going to be playable.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
His ENTIRE commentary up to the point I watched basically says "I don't know what they would do for it" whether he believes the pokemon would need a mega or not...

He also has no imagination when concerning what the mega would look like

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
They are both fake

Edit: Though I would REALLY want a Porygon-Z Mega
Word? Even the Mega Gengar?
Just found a deal for 2 barely used GCN controller (Nintendo made and still in good condition; saw dem pics) for about $35 total!

Now I can finally replace that Wavebird GCN controller that is about 12 year old and has a barely functional C-stick. Man, I got my $25 worth out of that controller.

I think we could honestly get Zelda for the Wind Waker HD release, and Sheik for the Link Between Worlds.

And Miis I was warmed up to before, but man, after Sakurai and co. NAILED the Villager, I think they could do it again with the Miis.

And yeah, I think they should just save past stages for DLC, paid or free, especially if they are getting HD remakes.
I hope they just knock out Zelda/Shiek/Impa in one go and have Ganon for one of them.
Wasn't a Ganon figurine being packaged with it? Having Ganon revealed would kind of line up with the promo gifts as well.
If Miis are confirmed, I have no clue what that the hell Waluigi can do to set himself apart since all he does is sports and party stuff like the Miis. (Not saying that i want him though)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
...I have no idea what this means, but this is not where I was planning on going with this... :facepalm:

Also, does Peach have to pay Bowser child support because he is fathering her child Bowser Jr.=??? :chuckle:

Doesn't work that way. Only females get child support.

Beard dino looks great though. Though NOTHING beat Pyroar.

Pyroar is gonna be my number 1 most used Pokémon for sure.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
His ENTIRE commentary up to the point I watched basically says "I don't know what they would do for it" whether he believes the pokemon would need a mega or not...

He also has no imagination when concerning what the mega would look like
LOL! Shofu is clown, one of the nastiest competitive battlers I've seen, but yeah the commentary and imagination was dry.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm kinda confident the Mii won't be playable. Mostly cause Villager has that bowling ball attack. Could be wishful thinking though...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I don't think there's a single character that I'm at least reasonably certain will be in

the closest two maybe being Mewtwo and Little Mac

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Doesn't work that way. Only females get child support.

Beard dino looks great though. Though NOTHING beat Pyroar.

Pyroar is gonna be my number 1 most used Pokémon for sure.
I've cashed checks before and there IS men that get child support

They usually get a lot less money though

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I'm kinda confident the Mii won't be playable. Mostly cause Villager has that bowling ball attack. Could be wishful thinking though...
I don't see Miis being playable because they lack recognition (not necessarily popularity.) They're more of a species than a character. It would be like making Goombas playable. Sakurai has so far only included playable characters that have recognition somewhere. The Pokemon are slightly more dubious, such as the Pokemon Trainer's pokemon, but the trainer himself is definitely recognizable. The only playable character in the franchise that to my knowledge doesn't have any recognition as a character is Pichu. This isn't even touching the can of worms that would be opened from a gameplay design perspective by making the player's own avatar playable.

I want to derail the topic for a moment. How many black (African) Nintendo characters are there? It just now struck me how low the chances a black character has making it into Super Smash Bros. based on their prevalence and notoriety. Falco doesn't count. Besides, he's clearly hispanic. I'm actually curious because I am ignorant of all the franchises without a playable character.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I want to derail the topic for a moment. How many black (African) Nintendo characters are there? It just now struck me how low the chances a black character has making it into Super Smash Bros. based on their prevalence and notoriety. Falco doesn't count. Besides, he's clearly hispanic. I'm actually curious because I am ignorant of all the franchises without a playable character.
Lenora from Pokemon Black and White?

Not sure about chances.

Falco doesn't count. Besides, he's clearly hispanic.
Wait...what?

----

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Yes, I noticed. And this is why we need MANthony Higgs so badly. Impa also has dark skin I'll let you know.

:reverse:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Goombas? nah putting in Mii's wouldn't be the same thing as that since Goombas don't even have limbs lol

and Yoshi is part of a species yet look at him

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I don't see Miis being playable because they lack recognition (not necessarily popularity.) They're more of a species than a character. It would be like making Goombas playable. Sakurai has so far only included playable characters that have recognition somewhere. The Pokemon are slightly more dubious, such as the Pokemon Trainer's pokemon, but the trainer himself is definitely recognizable. The only playable character in the franchise that to my knowledge doesn't have any recognition as a character is Pichu. This isn't even touching the can of worms that would be opened from a gameplay design perspective by making the player's own avatar playable.

Well, Yoshi is a species and I can't think of any singular Yoshi's in any of the Mario games that are a stand out character, they're all pretty interchangeable. For Mii's I see the biggest hurdle being the fact that you can make them represent real people and then beat the **** out of them, which Nintendo might see as bad PR, though all in all I think they have a decent chance of being in the game.

Eddit-Darn it Ninja'd by like a second.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
There aren't a whole lot of Black characters in Japanese media in general. Probably has something to do with Japan itself not having a significant population of Blacks(they're fairly homogenous in terms of race).

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Yes, I noticed. And this is why we need MANthony Higgs so badly. Impa also has dark skin I'll let you know.

:reverse:
Oh fudge, I can't believe I didn't remembah him. It should've been obvious.

I'd like Anthony as an Assist Trophy, if not as a playable character. Oh, and Groose for Assist Trophy too.

Also, simply having dark skin doesn't make one Black/African any more than having light skin makes one White/European.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
yeah there aren't even that many brothas in anime lol

we got General Black and Piccolo from Dragonball, Dutch from Black Lagoon and I think Naruto and Bleach have a few

and they're all dark skinned lol

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Oh hey the forum's back. When did this happen?
Oh fudge, I can't believe I didn't remembah him. It should've been obvious.

I'd like Anthony as an Assist Trophy, if not as a playable character. Oh, and Groose for Assist Trophy too.

Also, simply having dark skin doesn't make one Black/African any more than having light skin makes one White/European.
Example: Wonder Black is Indian

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Well, Yoshi is a species and I can't think of any singular Yoshi's in any of the Mario games that are a stand out character.
There is Yoshi the species but there is also Yoshi the character, just like Toad. The nomenclature is strange but appears true. In Super Mario Bros. RPG, Yoshi is your medium for talking to the other Yoshis. In Super Mario World, he informs you that all the other Yoshis have been captured.

Falco sounds more like some white New Yorker to me
He does sound very inner-city and very northern, but he also carries himself like someone who is bilingual and comes from a rough background. By bilingual I mean he really does carry himself like someone who is used to being the "go to" guy for his friends or family when they need help communicating with other people. He's abrasive because of where he grew up, but he's vocal and social because he really belonged to two (sometimes at odds) communities. I know I'm starting to sound stupid, but I know a few people like this and it has appeared in popular media a few times.

When is Quilt going to stop over-analyzing this...?!

I almost forgot.

Silver and Princess Elise should be in Smash 4. I mean, they're from the bestest game of all time right? RIGHT!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom