• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I just read that the former Nintendo president, Hiroshi Yamauchi, died today.

He was the president of the company from 1949 to 2002, with Iwata succeeding him. Without him, Nintendo and video games wouldn't be what they are today.

May he rest in peace.

Source
R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi. Without Nintendo being the way it is today, I probably would have never gotten into gaming and neither would most of us today.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Daisy is a ***** anyway.
I think we gotta differentiate two characters.

Those two characters being Daisy and Daisy in her sports outfit.

Now regular with Daisy, you are definitely 100% accurate with your statement.

However with Daisy in her sports outfit, you couldn't be any more wrong. In the words of Peach, Daisy in her sports outfit is "sah-weet!!!"

D

Deleted member

Tell that to the people on /v/, that place has the PC shoved up their *** so high that even mentioning that would cause a ruckus.
Really, a console that can handle PS3-like visuals is good enough for me. While I really do appreciate the advancement in physics in gaming, I don't care if we see individual hair or all of wrinkles on a person's face. Gaming was made to take us away from the reality of this world, not to reinforce it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Tell that to the people on /v/, that place has the PC shoved up their *** so high that even mentioning that would cause a ruckus.
4chan doesn't have people.

Also, PC gaming is definitely the most flexible. Hence why the Elder Scrolls, Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, and Fallout modding community is way bigger than the Smash, Halo, Mario, and God of War modding community.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
the only game I play on PC is 3D Space Blast

lol
The only games I play on the PC are Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Half-Life, Total War, Left 4 Dead, Portal, Civilization, Age of Empire, Borderlands, Fallout, the Elder Scrolls, Darksiders, Days of Defeat, Dungeon Siege, Eternal Silence, Doom, Halo, Gears of War, Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars: Jed Knight, Star Wars: TIE Fighter/X Wing/Rogue Squadron, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Galactic Civilization, Age of Mythology, Ricochet, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Quake, Saints Row, Still Life, Meat Boy, Grand Theft Auto, Wizorb, Warframe, Batman: Arkham series, and a few other games (not counting emulation of course).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You haven't lived til you've made love while running on the Rocket and Turbo Nozzles.
...I have no idea what this means, but this is not where I was planning on going with this... :facepalm:

Also, does Peach have to pay Bowser child support because he is fathering her child Bowser Jr.=??? :chuckle:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I'm not sure what to think of the beard

I'll wait for the official artwork

Edit:

I didn't wait long.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I think it might end up being a Diddy & Dixie team and King K. Rool.
But if I had to pick 1 I think we all know who would get the vote. It's klear as day.
It would really rustle my jimmies if they just tacked on Dixie to Diddy just for the sake of it. Diddy Kong deserves his own slot. I'm totally fine if they get rid of his bananas and rebalance him around that, but I see no reason why they would destroy the individuality of a character like that.

I didn't wait long.
Holy Jesus, that's incredible...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
naaah we all know the court system don't work that way lol
Maybe that's why Bowser keeps attacking Peach's Castle and taking her hostage; in order to force her into a plea bargain to help pay for Bowser Jr.'s schooling and to set him up with a college fund.

But being the typically sassy self-entitled monarch she is, Peach is as dry as a well in regards to funding her son. What a beach. It's total bullspit. Truck it that punt.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Nintendo isn't at the TGS.

Also, it will mostly likely be a Zelda character revealed with the release date of the Wind Waker HD being Friday digitally, next Thursday for a physical copy (in Japan at least), Friday October 4th in Europe and North America, and Saturday in Australia.
They can still release a Direct along side the event, similar to what they did for E3.

I'm really looking forward to who the announce next.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Maybe that's why Bowser keeps attacking Peach's Castle and taking her hostage; in order to force her into a plea bargain to help pay for Bowser Jr.'s schooling and to set him up with a college fund.

But being the typically sassy self-entitled monarch she is, Peach is as dry as a well in regards to funding her son. What a beach. It's total bullspit. Truck it that punt.
yeah that's why he keeps kidnapping her because she always tries to avoid court lol

y'all don't know, but Peach blew all her money on funding sports events (golfing, kart racing, tennis, etc)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It would really rustle my jimmies if they just tacked on Dixie to Diddy just for the sake of it. Diddy Kong deserves his own slot. I'm totally fine if they get rid of his bananas and rebalance him around that, but I see no reason why they would destroy the individuality of a character like that.
I remember a Famitsu article a while back where Sakurai said they were meant to be a pair.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=144627

With Sakurai and Co. taking the time to rework all the characters i'm sure he'll give the Diddy & Dixie thing another go. I 'm sure whatever they do it won't come across as tacked on, they seem to be serious about the balance and authenticity of the game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
They can still release a Direct along side the event, similar to what they did for E3.

I'm really looking forward to who the announce next.
They could, but it seems unlikely. Besides, shouldn't they only announce a smash character that hypes up a game coming out soon, like say a Zelda character for Wind Waker HD or A Link Between World, something Wii Fit related for the release of Wii Fit U, a Pokémon character for Pokémon X&Y, a Mario character for Mario 3D World (Yoshi perhaps=???), Sonic for Sonic Lost World, or a Donkey Kong character for DKC: Tropical Freeze
I remember a Famitsu article a while back where Sakurai said they were meant to be a pair.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=144627

With Sakurai and Co. taking the time to rework all the characters i'm sure he'll give the Diddy & Dixie thing another go. I 'm sure whatever they do it won't come across as tacked on, they seem to be serious about the balance and authenticity of the game.
That is such a bad idea, and a typical Game Arts piece of crap idea. No wonder Sakurai told that D minus-grade studio to stop doing stupid crap like that, which fortunately means we never get to see those grade-A morons work on a smash bros game again after they botched up so many things in Brawl.

A Diddy and Dixie team would hinder both of them and hold them back in the worst of ways. It would make both of them look a lot less unique, and it would inevitably be just as disjointed as if Mario and Luigi teamed. I'd rather just have Diddy solo than have Diddy and Dixie teaming.

And yes, this will inevitably be broken. The Ice Climbers are OP in Melee and Brawl as it is, but this would be just ridiculous. The only type of duo characters that should exist are ones that are the same (see: Popo and Nana, Plusle and Minun, Baby Mario and Baby Luigi).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
They could, but it seems unlikely. Besides, shouldn't they only announce a smash character that hypes up a game coming out soon, like say a Zelda character for Wind Waker HD or A Link Between World, something Wii Fit related for the release of Wii Fit U, a Pokémon character for Pokémon X&Y, a Mario character for Mario 3D World (Yoshi perhaps=???), Sonic for Sonic Lost World, or a Donkey Kong character for DKC: Tropical Freeze.
Well with the Warning Challenger Approaching banner taken off the site earlier than usual, i have the feeling something is up...

But with the release of Peach they quickly broke away from the releasing a character alongside a game trend quick.

I definitely think a Pokemon character is bound to be shown next month, but only time will tell.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
yeah that's why he keeps kidnapping her because she always tries to avoid court lol
Peach is like all "I don't wanna go to Koopa World court when I got my own country in which I am the judge, jury, and executioner."
y'all don't know, but Peach blew all her money on funding sports events (golfing, kart racing, tennis, etc)
Actually Peach lost most of her money funding those crazy and exotic parties.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well with the Warning Challenger Approaching banner taken off the site earlier than usual, i have the feeling something is up...
But with the release of Peach they quickly broke away from the releasing a character alongside a game trend quick.

I definitely think a Pokemon character is bound to be shown next month, but only time will tell.
Yeah, expect something Zelda related verrrrrry soon (as soon as tomorrow).

Also, it is worth noting that on December 6th we could get something Wii Fit (U) or Wii Sports-related, possibly including playable Miis being confirmed.

And yeah, we're gonna probably get a lot of Pokémon stuff next month confirmed. Maybe we'll finally see a Pokémon stage. :b:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah, expect something Zelda related verrrrrry soon (as soon as tomorrow).

Also, it is worth noting that on December 6th we could get something Wii Fit (U) or Wii Sports-related, possibly including playable Miis being confirmed.

And yeah, we're gonna probably get a lot of Pokémon stuff next month confirmed. Maybe we'll finally see a Pokémon stage. :b:
If not, then there is always A Link Between Worlds.

Arrggh... Miis... :urg:... Maybe i'll warm up to it when I see it in action..

A want Saffron City HD! I really we hope we don't just get Pokemon Stadium 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom