• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I haven't used an ice type move before, I just assumed it because ice usually beats water. By freezing.

Anywho, HYPER BEAM.

ok, ya beat him

But did it really take a banned pokemon with one of the riskiest attacks in the game just for an NFE?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well i only brought up G/S/C to show that Red manages to get a hold of the starters in his team. So this trainer in the making would be Red in the making Y/B/R/FR/LG that would move on into the sequel G/S/C/HG/SS and be known as the Default Red, Just like how Link is known by default as Link. Some things may be off about PT that don't line up with Red, but what about Young Link who uses fire arrows, last I checked Young Link can only use slingshot.
Have you played Majora's Mask? He uses that in that game. He also happens to bring a MM-based course... so he clearly is inspired by MM for his moveset. Also, his Trophy has him from the first Zelda game, same with Adult Link. Either Link can use the Bow and Arrow in canon, same with the Boomerang. And later for Child Link, the Downthrust. It's only the Upthrust that no Child Link can use. The rest fit. Obviously, Triforce Slash is a Brawl original.

Like I said, PT's lineup closely resembles Ash's more than Red's, outside of the Yellow version(GSC doesn't much count for another reason; We never see Red with that combination anyway. It's only Yellow you could have Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard as an actual team, and you know, Ash could too).

Hmm... I want to agree and disagree on this, I'm gonna have to think about this statement.
Well, it does fit. PIkachu is an interesting point, but his original design is the same in Red/Blue and Diamond/Pearl. Minus small differences, he keeps the tail that is Male-specific. What's notable is that D/P adds gender differences. Brawl's Pikachu is based upon the male design, which is... also from Red/Blue. This is kind of the only reason to list both. Pikachu's model doesn't really "change" outside of better shading/etc. from 64 to Brawl. He looks pretty much the same overall. Brawl's upgrades are simply very slight. PT's Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/Gold/Silver/Crystal and FR/LG designs are widely different, so that would honestly be the most likely reason not to list the other games. That, and you know, Sakurai's intention of not making him THE Red. At least from what we can tell by how he refuses to acknowledge Red's existence beyond his exact model.(the remade one. What's notable is that the FR/LG model looks a bit more like it was redesigned to be similar to the Anime than the old game design. Why? Nobody knows. Anime-like games aren't unusual, I guess. Yellow is a clear example of this. Oddly enough, they didn't make Red look like Ash in that game.)

But I agree some clarification would be nice, male and female alternate costumes as similarly done with Wario, would help making PT a generic trainer instead of Red.
I think the Trophy alone should be enough proof, but eh. Also, the UK Trophy is indeed exactly the same. I can't say for the JP version, as I know no one who still has the game. :/

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It was the event of the year, and N3ON won after a string 50 punch-kick-knee-armbar-elbow-headbutt-hyper beam-Kamehameha combo.

And fortunately, that saved the BRoom from being all about stupid character speculation based on morons arguing only for their favorite characters instead of debating over characters because movesets/playstyles/skillset potential of characters, gameplay, and all the other important stuff.

Basically, that lead to a monumental power shift in the BRoom that spited SmashChu, and lead us to where we are now.
Don't know what debate you guys were watching, but the N3ON Vs. SmashChu debates I remember were relatively flameless and on a more personal/direct level (in part due to being character centered) rather than everyone acting as a third party/giving commentary.

SmashChu was never a major poster in the social groups. And character talk has never really changed in the BRoom, it was always more civil than the main threads due to a slower pace of posts, the larger social focus, and that Omega/SSBF and I were selective over who to invite.

If SmashChu has lost notability in the speculation scene it's come from his new focus on his radical opinions on competitive play. The lack of some of the older posters such as Toise to back him up on occasion. Posting more on the Melee vs. Brawl threads rather than in the social threads. Plus the fact that he's arguing against more people at once besides Kuma (who if I remember back then was always at odds with SmashChu over importing gameplay ideas from other fighting games).

SmashChu vs. Kuma; now those were debates that everyone brought popcorn to.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
SmashChu vs. Kuma Oso, where everyone was either neutral on against Kuma until like myself and Iblis and thirdkoopa started supporting Kuma and telling Chu his opinions were terrible and made no sense, and then gradually everyone with a brain agreed.

Man those people who agreed with SmashChu were dumb. They're the kind who make me really happy I am not a psychology major anymore!!! :)
Pkmn Trainer is Red
And Red is Silver, and Silver is May, and May is June, and June is July, and July is a month, and a month is a year, and a year is a form of measurement of time, and a measurement of time is a Captain Falcon, and a Captain Falcon is a Kamehameha, and a Kamehameha is a piece of crap, and a piece of crap is still better than the current topic HyperFalcon keeps going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about. :ohwell:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Still talking about Pokemon Trainer?

I haven't used an ice type move before, I just assumed it because ice usually beats water. By freezing.
Ice types are the hardest to learn for type advantages and disadvantages to me.

I've been wanting to post this since the Krystal discussion earlier.

...Y'all? Rarity is the new Applejack. :troll:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Triple Dash
It wasn't so much him posting back there, but what people posted about.

I'm so sick of people saying this character should be playable because I like them instead of breaking down said character brick by brick, with things like movesets, visualizations, platystyle talk, skillset talks, and really what unique qualities said characters brings instead of "mah reluverncy" which is what half of the crap was then. People were like "we need more Zelda character," "we should get new Pokémon," "Kid Icruzs needs Medusa n Palutena," and I was like eff that, I want to play as characters, not reps.

It is still sad that people do not realize this. What's funny is the two most liked and recognized Nintendo-owned characters left with reasonable chances (K. Rool and Ridley) are probably the two best characters in terms of what unique, inspiring, and function skllsets, playstyles, and movesets they could potentially bring, and on top of that, they are true heavyweights, which smash is severely lacking in.

Also, remember when SmashChu went off on me for saying Mega Man was a shoe-in=??? :troll:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just DON'T bring up that debate again. That is easily my most hated topic, with people shouting at the top of their voice... err, posts, over a name. Bleh...

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
ugh, get off this topic people

off topics

1. new avatar (foot sandwich)
2. thor 2 looks meh (getting sick of super hero movies)

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I hope there is a simple stage that is shaped like a hill, so whoever wins becomes *puts on sunglasses* King of the Hill

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How about we change the subject to- (narrowly dodges a throwing knife) ALRIGHT ALRIGHT GEEZ.

I won't bring up two Pokemon types that I think make a cute couple.........

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
It is still sad that people do not realize this. What's funny is the two most liked and recognized Nintendo-owned characters left with reasonable chances (K. Rool and Ridley) are probably the two best characters in terms of what unique, inspiring, and function skllsets, playstyles, and movesets they could potentially bring, and on top of that, they are true heavyweights, which smash is severely lacking in.
It's really sad that most of the more unique characters have more popular characters (I'll take espeon and umbreon over plusle and minun any day) in their way or are just not popular

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's really sad that most of the more unique characters have more popular characters (I'll take espeon and umbreon over plusle and minun any day) in their way or are just not popular
Yeah, but I don't think Espeon and Umbreon are necessarily a team, and if they were, people would ask for Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, and whatever the heck eon as well.

As for Plusle and Minun, eh, see my playstyle and skillset for them (they both work backwards and as a tag team; one has an up smash that kills, the other an up smash that stuns to set up combos and other moves).

It could theoretically work on other duos, but unlike other duos, they, like the Ice Climbers, aren't really "unique" unless they are a team, in which case they are at their best as a team.

I guess you could say that about Latios and Latias, although they obviously aren't as popular. Popularity in Pokémon (in regards to their smash fanbase) seems to trump all, for better (most of the time) or for worse.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
If we are choosing characters based on popularity, I think that makes bidoof a shoe in.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If we are choosing characters based on popularity, I think that makes bidoof a shoe in.

Anywho, I might bring up- (narrowly dodges another throwing knife) GEEZ!

I won't bring the two Pokemon I think look cute as a couple up...

What if the Helmaroc King from Wind Waker got in as a boss?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
SmashChu vs. Kuma Oso, where everyone was either neutral on against Kuma until like myself and Iblis and thirdkoopa started supporting Kuma and telling Chu his opinions were terrible and made no sense, and then gradually everyone with a brain agreed.

Man those people who agreed with SmashChu were dumb. They're the kind who make me really happy I am not a psychology major anymore!!! :)
That's true, though to be fair they slowly become less about gameplay additions and more about the competitive scene in general. Up until then most everyone sided with SmashChu on keeping Smash down the path that Sakurai had been taking it (such as not having a Melee or Brawl 2.0) bar the occasion case we all liked or got in depth with some of Kuma's ideas. There was a reason many of us called him "SheriffChu."

Things with SmashChu have gone sour in recent years, but I do think that it's not very polite to portray him in a bad light during times when he acted respectively (or at least as respective as the rest of us were in all fairness).

@ Triple Dash
It wasn't so much him posting back there, but what people posted about.

I'm so sick of people saying this character should be playable because I like them instead of breaking down said character brick by brick, with things like movesets, visualizations, platystyle talk, skillset talks, and really what unique qualities said characters brings instead of "mah reluverncy" which is what half of the crap was then. People were like "we need more Zelda character," "we should get new Pokémon," "Kid Icruzs needs Medusa n Palutena," and I was like eff that, I want to play as characters, not reps.
To be fair this hasn't changed and probably never will. On the bright side though, many of us have matured to the point were we realize our opinions are subjective not objective.

I still remember my old arguments with Chronobound over Caeda. :laugh:

Also, remember when SmashChu went off on me for saying Mega Man was a shoe-in=??? :troll:
Well given the time you said it, Mega Man technically wasn't...

Still it was really annoying the other day with Ridley and all the people (especially on Gamefaqs) acting like they're in the right for not getting their hopes up.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I was just watching this trailer for the Wii U, and I have to say
Bayonnetta does not look like a Nintendo game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, Plusle & Minun also are a perfectly replacement for Pichu while still being unique. Pichu was not that popular(although some did like him, like me, and liked the fact he was a challenge to play as. It also helps that he is a perfect counter to Giga Bowser.)

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Alright then, it's nothing really. (and certainly cannot be compared to the stuff people want Croph to write)

Shall I present them by two seperate GIFs?
However you want is fine. Though be warned, if it's Bulbasaur and he's not with Gloom or Turtwing, I will be disappoint.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Yeah, but I don't think Espeon and Umbreon are necessarily a team.

Depends. Do you count them being the starters (you get both of them by the way) for Pokemon Colosseum as being a team?

Also, I know we all love the idea of perfectly unique characters. But whats so bad about bring a just a small bit to the table?

Take Bowser Jr. for example. While I hope he doesn't end up as a Bowser or Mario clone if he gets in, he could end up having a play style similar to Diddy kong. (Of course, I probably don't really know how Diddy kong plays but just listen).

For his jabs and aerials, he could use his paintbrush.

For his neutral special he could spit a fireball, (as oppose to bowser's flamethrower.)
For his side special, he could throw a koopa shell.
For his up special, he could use the clown copter thing.
And for his down special, he could put paint on the ground which would cause people to trip if stepped on.

(I need a bit more research for smashes).

See, like Diddy Kong so not incredibly unique, but still cool for what he gives.

Now look, I know many people assume that Bowser Jr. would either be a Bowser or Mario clone, but maybe we could be a tad more optimistic for him if he does get in?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
However you want is fine. Though be warned, if it's Bulbasaur and he's not with Gloom or Turtwing, I will be disappoint.
They are two different types. (puts a flameshield up just on the off chance this will somehow cause a war. I doubt it will here, but the war starters may sneak in....because...they're sneaky)

The male is-

And the female is-

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But, it's exclusive for the Wii U
That doesn't make it a Nintendo game.

Just a game that's only on a Nintendo console. Several games are like that.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Things with SmashChu have gone sour in recent years, but I do think that it's not very polite to portray him in a bad light during times when he acted respectively (or at least as respective as the rest of us were in all fairness).
Considering how he basically tried to say we're all crazy, became a megalomaniac, and threw temper tantrums, he reaped the rewards of his work. Still, I harbor no ill-will towards him. I'm just not afraid to call roses red, violets blue, and tell SmashChu that he was wrong, and that he was being stupid, too.
To be fair this hasn't changed and probably never will. On the bright side though, many of us have matured to the point were we realize our opinions are subjective not objective.
Even back in the pre-Brawl days we'd bring up movesets and stuff. Now people are too lazy to do that. That is why the character boards are largely just giant fan clubs now, instead of talking actual gameplay, movesets, playstyles, and all that jazz.

If you want proof of that, look at Wiseguy's thread; it's filled with him, myself, thethirdkoopa, Homelessvagrant, samusrules, and others talking about how characters would play and merits for their inclusion (as well as "main character status") instead of "oh, well your idea sucks," "muh reluvuncy," and "newness" as arguments. That's the one area where Smash Boards conversations in future Smash games has devolved instead of moved forward. It's a ripe time to change that.
Well given the time you said it, Mega Man technically wasn't...
But I was right, like I usually am, and SmashChu was wrong, which he usually is. :smirk:
Still it was really annoying the other day with Ridley and all the people (especially on Gamefaqs) acting like they're in the right for not getting their hopes up.
I still don't see Ridley NOT being playable, unless Sakurai truly lost his touch, which Mega Man, the Villager, and the Wii Fit Trainer seem to say otherwise.
In regards to Pokémon=??? Yes. In regards to Pokémon people want to play as in Smash=??? No.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
They are two different types. (puts a flameshield up just on the off chance this will somehow cause a war. I doubt it will here, but the war starters may sneak in....because...they're sneaky)

The male is-

And the female is-

Lets hope Chikorita's leaf isn't burnt off during the Egg creation process.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So what's your reasoning on why it's cute?

Do you think they just look cute together, do they have personalities that go cute together?

Is there a fanfic about this?
Answering those two questions in the same order as you put them-

I have two characters of them that I thought up in my head, never made anything about them that's came out of my head though. The personalites, and also I just like those two Pokemon a lot.

And there are some on DA.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Considering how he basically tried to say we're all crazy, became a megalomaniac, and threw temper tantrums, he reaped the rewards of his work. Still, I harbor no ill-will towards him. I'm just not afraid to call roses red, violets blue, and tell SmashChu that he was wrong, and that he was being stupid, too.
I don't remember any of that happening back on the old threads but whatever. I don't keep track of what SmashChu's been up to these days, but I would hope that you guys stay respectful even if he is not, as the above poem does not give off that vibe.

For all you know, keeping things civil could rub off on him and get him to become a tad more flexible in his opinions. From personal experience and with all the people I've been keeping an eye on and have let into the BRoom, people do mature over time given the right circumstances.

Even back in the pre-Brawl days we'd bring up movesets and stuff. Now people are too lazy to do that. That is why the character boards are largely just giant fan clubs now, instead of talking actual gameplay, movesets, playstyles, and all that jazz.
THIS. I really miss the old threads sometimes.

If you want proof of that, look at Wiseguy's thread; it's filled with him, myself, thethirdkoopa, Homelessvagrant, samusrules, and others talking about how characters would play and merits for their inclusion (as well as "main character status") instead of "oh, well your idea sucks," "muh reluvuncy," and "newness" as arguments. That's the one area where Smash Boards conversations in future Smash games has devolved instead of moved forward. It's a ripe time to change that.
Maybe I'll look it up later if I get curious. Honestly though, I'm just here for the ride now.

But I was right, like I usually am, and SmashChu was wrong, which he usually is. :smirk:
Technically you were both right in a way. :p

I still don't see Ridley NOT being playable, unless Sakurai truly lost his touch, which Mega Man, the Villager, and the Wii Fit Trainer seem to say otherwise.
Without going too fair into this, technically Ridley still hasn't been de-confirmed yet. ;)

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
How do you guys like my new pic? It shows how much I like maining Pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom