• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Right?! It was such a fun game. When I first got it I was still fairly little and couldn't really progress too much but I still had a lot fun (I remember fondly that mission where you have to get all the sheep in the electric gate) but when I got old enough to actually go through the game I really loved it.
I could never beat the game, but I still really enjoyed it nonetheless. Games like those make me really miss my N64.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Did I ever mention that I still have my N64 and GameCube, both fully functional?:awesome:
Granted, I never use them, but I'm sure they'll be worth something in the future.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yeah, like a woman having boobs is considered provocative by some. Or how Samus' form fitting zero suit makes her a ****.

I find it sexy in a tasteful way.
I don't think I can like this hard enough.

Someone probably found that statement alone provocative.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Me toooooooo.

Not sure why you think it's surprising to have your Gamecube fully functional, though.

----
Mostly cause no one I've ever known had one that works nowadays. Or they simply traded it in (in 2008) for a Wii.

Did the GameCube come with Zelda: Collectors Edition or something like that? I read that it was only through Club Nintendo points, but I've never been a member and yet mine still came with it.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Did I ever mention that I still have my N64 and GameCube, both fully functional?:awesome:
Granted, I never use them, but I'm sure they'll be worth something in the future.
Same I have 2 N64s (grey and see-through Green), 2 Gamecubes (one of them was my sisters' I call it the Simscube cuz thats all they played), 1 SNES and 1 NES. They all work. The only system i don't have anymore is my Wii exchanged it for store credit towards my Wii U

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Still have my Gamecube, both mine and my sister's original GBA's(though mine has a broken screen), and my SP(shoulder buttons are wonky though). Only system I've ever gotten rid of was my GBC.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
My Gamecube still works, got it from for my 12th birthday from my aunt a long time ago. I still play Melee and Zelda the Wind Waker on it occasionally.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Still have my Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP (but sadly broken screen), DS Phat, N64, GameCube, Xbox 360 & Wii.

Plus over the summer my twin bro bought the follow systems: NES, SNES, & PS2 (in fact, he spent over $600 at an old game store buying a ton of old games)

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I've been trying to beat TMNT and Punch-Out on my NES these past weeks whenever I have time alone (Check my sig for games I'm trying to beat), I've almost forgotten how merciless games used to be back then. I also took out my copy of Home Alone on NES to show my friends that it is one of the worst games ever made. **** that game.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Did you know JohnKnight ended super world war 3 when Cyber Hitler unleashed his army of Nazi Zombies with jet packs, by singlehandedly drop kicking them into an oblivion. Then when hitler fused with the Blue eyes white dragon, creating the Blue Eyes Whitest White Ultimate Aryan Bite The Curb N*gger Dragon, he kicked it in the balls so hard if saw the curvature of the earth. He was a hero. Then out of extreme boredom he dropped some acid and starting posting on smashboards.
All this is true, minus the acid.

The acid was actually amino acids from the 12 servings of fruits I have every day.
Well, since he has a pic of Guile as his avatar, I can't say I'm surprised
Guile is merely just a scapegoat to hide my true greatness. If you all saw my true greatness, your faces would melt worse than if you opened the Ark of the Covenant.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I started with the NES.

I have had a NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, PS2, Xbox 360, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS, and of course a PC and a Mac (that doesn't do gaming, lol) as gaming consoles. I still own all of those minus the SNES (although I can't figure out where I put my Game Boy [Pocket] or NES).

I also kinda sorta have a PS3, but eh.

Oh, and I also kinda lost my N64, but not the cords, but I could easily get a new one if I really wanted. :ohwell:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I have 2 Gamecubes/Wii's/360's, all of which include one that doesn't work. I still have a working SNES, N64 (though it's permanently on loan), and like literally a dozen broken GB's/DS' of various models (including my 3DS ;=; ) with only 1 DS Lite that still works that my nephew lent/gave me.

I was born in '92 and grew up watching my brothers play a SNES, so first game was probably Super Mario World.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hope Toon Link or Ganondorf is confirmed in the time window when the Wind Waker HD launches in Japan.

Quite frankly, I want to see Zelda characters not inspired from their Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess appearances, because I am getting a little sick of those two mediocre game. I want to see Zelda characters from actual Zelda quality games.

You know, the original, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracles of Ages and Seasons, the Wind Waker, and the Minish Cap=??? The titles that are just etched in the memory of Zelda fans forever for all of the right reasons=???

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I hope Toon Link gets confirmed too once Wind Waker HD gets released in Japan. Then finally everyone can shut up about that stupid Spirit Tracks Stage I will have at least my Brawl main and wanted character back. But since he was an unlockable in Brawl, if he is still planned to be playable for this game Sakurai may hold him out until the game is released. Then again he did reveal Luigi to celebrate the Year of Luigi and this year is also Wind Waker's tenth anniversary, at least for the west... So anything goes I guess... :T

Smashiny

Smash Journeyman
I hope Toon Link or Ganondorf is confirmed in the time window when the Wind Waker HD launches in Japan.

Quite frankly, I want to see Zelda characters not inspired from their Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess appearances, because I am getting a little sick of those two mediocre game. I want to see Zelda characters from actual Zelda quality games.

You know, the original, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracles of Ages and Seasons, the Wind Waker, and the Minish Cap=??? The titles that are just etched in the memory of Zelda fans forever for all of the right reasons=???

Twilight Princess is my favourite of the series though :( , I don't find it mediocre :o. (And I've played them all, literally, I still cringe when thinking about my experience with the CDI ones :sick: ). Everyone has their own favourite Zelda title, not everyone's Oot or Alttp.

My first console was a game boy color pikachu edition (packed with Dr Mario :rolleyes: ).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hope Toon Link gets confirmed too once Wind Waker HD gets released in Japan. Then finally everyone can shut up about that stupid Spirit Tracks Stage I will have at least my Brawl main and wanted character back. But since he was an unlockable in Brawl, if he is still planned to be playable for this game Sakurai may hold him out until the game is released. Then again he did reveal Luigi to celebrate the Year of Luigi and this year is also Wind Waker's tenth anniversary, at least for the west... So anything goes I guess... :T
On top of that reason for wanting Toon Link to be playable, I think Link will inevitably be one of the weaker characters (maybe even worthless like he is in Brawl), and thus, we will be relegated to having to play Toon Link to use said moveset and skillset. Plus, unlike Link, Toon Link's moveset and playstyle were much more cohesive, especially with his unique attributes (his speed, recovery, projectiles, and aerial game, and how they all worked together in particular).

So far the most cohesive Link was the Japanese version of Smash 64.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207

I shall never understand your reasoning for stuff like this, but meh. We can both agree that we both want Toon Link confirmed, though.

Oh, and Ocarina of Overrated is very outdated and overrated. Imo, every Zelda released after it is better in nearly every way, except ST and PH.
Edit: and of course the Four Swords games.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

I wish Sakurai wanted to have alternate costumes in SSB4...then Ganondorf could possibly have this costume based off his unused design from Oracle of Seasons/Ages.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I shall never understand your reasoning for stuff like this, but meh. We can both agree that we both want Toon Link confirmed, though.
Link sucks basically is what I'm saying. His moveset doesn't "flow" together for various reasons, including his slow movement speed, how easy he is to juggle, his craptastic recovery, his lackluster power, his lacking speed, his grab is all but worthless and just his moves not meshing anywhere near as well as the majority of the Smash cast.

Pretty much Link has the worst of all worlds. His grab game sucks, his aerials are generally not that good, he doesn't have that much power, he doesn't have that many fast attacks, he moves around too slow, he is easy to juggle, his recovery is awful (especially with Brawl's tether recovery system, which should never return), and he just sucks because of all that (I still think he is overrated in Melee), especially in Brawl.

Oh, and can we like make Link lose a bit of weight and gain a ton of speed, especially with his moves=??? That'd be nice.

I really see no reason in Link being a heavyweight. He's like a 5'6, 160 pound young adult with no great upper body muscle mass. I know Smash Bros. isn't realistic or anything, but like all the other heavyweights are generally like 200 pounds, or like Samus/Zero Suit Samus and Snake are tall (over 6 feet tall) and very muscular (unlike Link), or in the case of King Dedede, are scaled up in size to look that way.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I wish Sakurai wanted to have alternate costumes in SSB4...then Ganondorf could possibly have this costume based off his unused design from Oracle of Seasons/Ages.

Damn, I always thought that would make a pretty badass costume. For some reason the design reminds me of a mix between Casshern and Captain Harlock lol.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
At least he isn't a fatass like his Wind Waker design. And to believe people actually want that version of him in Smash. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My first console was the NES. It was a NES Power Set bundle with Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt / World Class Track Meet (with the orange NES Zapper and the Power Pad).

If there were a Wii Power Set bundle, it would have New Super Mario Bros. Wii / Wii Play / Wii Fit. :awesome:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Link sucks basically is what I'm saying. His moveset doesn't "flow" together for various reasons, including his slow movement speed, how easy he is to juggle, his craptastic recovery, his lackluster power, his lacking speed, his grab is all but worthless and just his moves not meshing anywhere near as well as the majority of the Smash cast.

Pretty much Link has the worst of all worlds. His grab game sucks, his aerials are generally not that good, he doesn't have that much power, he doesn't have that many fast attacks, he moves around too slow, he is easy to juggle, his recovery is awful (especially with Brawl's tether recovery system, which should never return), and he just sucks because of all that (I still think he is overrated in Melee), especially in Brawl.

Oh, and can we like make Link lose a bit of weight and gain a ton of speed, especially with his moves=??? That'd be nice.

I really see no reason in Link being a heavyweight. He's like a 5'6, 160 pound young adult with no great upper body muscle mass. I know Smash Bros. isn't realistic or anything, but like all the other heavyweights are generally like 200 pounds, or like Samus/Zero Suit Samus and Snake are tall (over 6 feet tall) and very muscular (unlike Link), or in the case of King Dedede, are scaled up in size to look that way.
No, I meant you saying you want characters inspired by the 'good' Zelda games and not the 'mediocre' ones.
I agree with what you just said, though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No, I meant you saying you want characters inspired by the 'good' Zelda games and not the 'mediocre' ones.
I agree with what you just said, though.
I meant the design. I hated the hair color change in Twilight Princess and I just have bad memories of that game, whereas Skyward Sword's design I felt was way overrated (it looked as blocky as the Wind Waker like 8 years later, except the art direction didn't feel as unique, although the brightness was certainly much more well done).

Speaking of which, I still don't get why people want Zelda's Skyward Sword appearance to be her primary one. Her classic look from Ocarina of Time is still the coolest one. Consequently, blonde Link from Ocarina of Time still looks the best, which fortunately had an impact with how Link looked in these 2 smash games.

Oh, and while I'm at it, making Donkey Kong blonde sucked and was absolutely stupid.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I meant the design. I hated the hair color change in Twilight Princess and I just have bad memories of that game, whereas Skyward Sword's design I felt was way overrated (it looked as blocky as the Wind Waker like 8 years later, except the art direction didn't feel as unique, although the brightness was certainly much more well done).

Speaking of which, I still don't get why people want Zelda's Skyward Sword appearance to be her primary one. Her classic look from Ocarina of Time is still the coolest one. Consequently, blonde Link from Ocarina of Time still looks the best, which fortunately had an impact with how Link looked in these 2 smash games.

Oh, and while I'm at it, making Donkey Kong blonde sucked and was absolutely stupid.
I personally want TP Zelda again. OoT Zelda looks stupid (at least in smash), and SS Zelda doesn't look like she'd fight, no matter how you design her.

And I still say TP/OoA and OoS Link's were the best. The toons are a close second.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I really didn't like Wind Waker, I found the sailing portions to be very tedious when it came to changing wind directions. I'm happy yo see that they are tweaking the sail so the ocean didn't feel like a giant load screen. There were somethings i liked from SS and somethings i hated, same with TP and Oot. I do think the reason why Oot resonated with so many people because it had that freedom of dungeon order and world exploration like the original Zelda

When it comes to Link as a character in Smash, he needs a better recovery, I cannot stress this enough (Ike too, if he is returning) I'm still hoping the footage of Link using is recovery was early on in the games development and since then has been changed.

Link's Boomerang needs to be as potent as it was in Smash 64.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I really didn't like Wind Waker, I found the sailing portions to be very tedious when it came to changing wind directions. I'm happy yo see that they are tweaking the sail so the ocean didn't feel like a giant load screen. There were somethings i liked from SS and somethings i hated, same with TP and Oot. I do think the reason why Oot resonated with so many people because it had that freedom of dungeon order and world exploration like the original Zelda

When it comes to Link as a character in Smash, he needs a better recovery, I cannot stress this enough (Ike too, if he is returning) I'm still hoping the footage of Link using is recovery was early on in the games development and since then has been changed.

Link's Boomerang needs to be as potent as it was in Smash 64.
All my yes.
My dream boomerang is aim-able like Tink's, dangerous like 64, and as long as Melee's. The best of all worlds.

Also, please fix the arrows. They're literally useless 90% of the time.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's just personal taste in which Link or Zelda you like. It's probably why if Toon Link gets cut, that won't in anyway encourage me to play as Link more. I would just look for a different character to main. But that's just my opinion, really. :/

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Twilight Princess Zelda definitely had a better dress and hairstyle, but again, that brunette hair was awful on her. Make her hair blonde, and we've got a solid compromise.

Oh, and don't even get me on my Ocarina of Time and the Wind Waker vs. Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess rants again. The ocean, eh, I'll give you that (and that there wasn't enough ocean combat), but the combat in the Wind Waker had a lot of cool ideas that were never fully utilized or realized, and were abandoned afterwards for no good reason.

Then again, that pretty much has defined the state of the Zelda franchise IMO for the last 10 years, which is why since like 2008 I've stated Metroid is a series of higher quality than Zelda is, and it isn't even close.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
SS Zelda doesn't look like she'd fight, no matter how you design her.
Come on now... just because a character does not look like they would fight does not mean they should not be in Smash. Must I remind you that we have Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, characters from some of Nintendo's most peaceful franchises, in SSB4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom