• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
W-why is the Balance Board moving from side to side?

It's alive.... ALIVE!! I... I'm scared.

But I'm totally liking the pic of the day. That soccer ball move looks pretty hilarious.
LOL it usually moves in the Wii Fit games. Actually it talks too. :laugh:

I too am interested in seeing he moves in action, hope we get video footage of the game soon even if it's just a minutes worth.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
LOL it usually moves in the Wii Fit games. Actually it talks too. :laugh:

I too am interested in seeing he moves in action, hope we get video footage of the game soon even if it's just a minutes worth.
Really, it moves and talks in the games? Oh, man, that is just too trippy for me lol.

Hmm it would be interesting if the board does other things, perhaps interacting with the players? Doubt it though... But what does the board usually say/do in-game? Maybe it could talk to the fighters?

D

Deleted member

So initial
+
will set up a volley and depending on the the inputs (
and/or
)
she will do either a Spike, Headbutt or Kick* (this is just a hypothetical placeholder).

Hmm...I can by that. And i assume that the initial volley animation where she throws up the ball will have some hitboxes.

This is a good possibility too, I'll try to skim through the available WFT pics to see
Damn, and here I was hoping it was her Fair or something.

Long range aerials would be neat, especially for Samus, *COUGH COUGH*

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Really, it moves and talks in the games? Oh, man, that is just too trippy for me lol.

Hmm it would be interesting if the board does other things, perhaps interacting with the players? Doubt it though... But what does the board usually say/do in-game? Maybe it could talk to the fighters?
I guess it was suppose to be the voice of the players Balance Board, because every time you step on the Balance Board,
it says stuff like "Please, hold still", "Please do not jump on me" or my fav "It's been X days! Where have you been!"
It has this mono toned robot voice, i'm sure you'd love it. LOL

I think the Balance Board summons other Balance Boards that players can use as platforms. There are either pics or videos floating around where you see multiple floating Balance Boards.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I guess it was suppose to be the voice of the players Balance Board, because every time you step on the Balance Board,
it says stuff like "Please, hold still", "Please do not jump on me" or my fav "It's been X days! Where have you been!"
It has this mono toned robot voice, i'm sure you'd love it. LOL

I think the Balance Board summons other Balance Boards that players can use as platforms. There are either pics or videos floating around where you see multiple floating Balance Boards.
Ah, I understand. I must have missed those pics with the multiple boards... I'll go and look for them.

I think it would be cool if, right at the start of the match, the board says a line or something related to what it says in the games. Kinda like how 75m and Hanenbow has those short melodies that play during the beginning of a match. Uhh, I'm not sure if PictoChat does something similar... But anyway, I kinda like those short intro melodies that play lol. I'd love to see some more stages have them either incorporated in a song or that would always play, regardless of what song is chosen.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I concur, but Snake made the DACUS mechanic quite broken. That's why you might find a specific character who will make a particular mechanic broken (ICS's Chaingrab :rolleyes:). Still though, Smash 4 looks it's initially balanced, hope they keep up the good work and introduce unbroken mechanics.
If anything, those characters showed the balancing flaws of those mechanics, but that doesn't mean that the mechanics can't be balanced to prevent stuff like that.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Damn... I am liking Wii Fit Trainer more and more the more I learn about her moveset. I love how a character from a game even more peaceful than even Animal Crossing is in Smash and she has moves based off exercises and mini-games from her game.

Damn, and here I was hoping it was her Fair or something.

Long range aerials would be neat, especially for Samus, *COUGH COUGH*
Actually, I was thinking that maybe Duck Hunt Dog could have long range aerials... like when after the dog hits the opponent with a duck, that duck flies away... anyone who gets in the way of the duck gets hurt.

I got that idea from Super Smash Bros. Crusade where Duck Hunt Dog's ducks pretty much do that.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I keep looking at this gif, and I still haven't figured out if she slaps the ball, or headbutts it.
Before the ball is hit, she is clearly doing a "volleyball spike" pose, but after the hit you can see her head is down, like she did some kind phisical effort with it.
If she slaps it, than that's a major mistake. Dude, that's a [British] football! You can't touch it with your hand! Silly WTF, as a health nun, you should know the rules of every sport ever.

D

Deleted member

I keep looking at this gif, and I still haven't figured out if she slaps the ball, or headbutts it.
Before the ball is hit, she is clearly doing a "volleyball spike" pose, but after the hit you can see her head is down, like she did some kind phisical effort with it.
If she slaps it, than that's a major mistake. Dude, that's a [British] football! You can't touch it with your hand! Silly WTF, as a health nun, you should know the rules of every sport ever.
I'd imagine that she is head-butting the ball. I noticed how the head more more sharply towards the ball than either hands did.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It looks like she is spiking the ball to me, the way she raises her hand gives me the impression that she is slapping.
Her head movements just seem more of follow through animations.

D

Deleted member

It looks like she's clearly slapping, just looking at the gestures and motions alone.

Obv some frames are cut out, but based on her 'pre-hit' motion, she's hitting the ball with her hand, a headbutt would require her to arch her back more and look upward before hitting the ball, or pulling her head bacl some, and she does neither of those.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
If they touch the soccer ball with their hands, does that mean they get thrown out of the stage? (I hope it does)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I wasn't defending pedos.

Hahahaha, I couldn't care less about them, they can stick to their confinements. I mean, I guess I COULD make an argument in their defense, one that criticises the norms of society (cause you know... gotta rebel against the man) just to be a devil's advocate, but I really can't be bothered to care atm.

I was just defending IsmaR's stance on 'mental maturity' and all. Or rather, adding an observation to it...

Don't ask me complex questions DAMMIT, I just woke up!
The ironic part is that back in my previous relationship with someone 5 years older than me, I was essentially their jailbait and would always defend them when they brought the subject up. And then nowdays the situation is actually flipped, with the girl I now pursue being underaged (though she lied about her age to me/I've known her since we were both very young; about a 3 year age difference regardless), and I constantly give myself flak for being said devil's advocate. Though I could attribute that to me being extremely pessimistic/considering myself unworthy, as I still have the strong stance on the age = a number/truelovewillfindaway thing. That said it's not that long of a wait until she becomes legal now, and I mostly only care for her well-being/sake, as I obviously love challenging the norms of society on a biweekly basis.

Actually, I've forgotten where I was going with this. I just woke up, too. To a ****storm, no less.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My guess is that the hand may be used as a means of setting her aim. We have something similar in kung fu where you have your hands out for your aiming as you're doing the technique. In a real fight, I can't say for certain where that may be practical, but it is when you're practicing for the proper height.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Pivoting and using your arms to gain leverage is important in football, if I recall correctly. It's basically the reason no-hands/fouls happen so often.

Unless you're Donkey Kong/Bowser/Wario in Super Mario Strikers Charged and just punch the damn ball anyway.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I slowed it down frame by frame, she uses her head.

This is slow enough to see it
Well that settles that. Good find. It may be a reference to this Wii Fit game the same way the hula-hoop move was:

I think the changed the color of the soccer ball to avoid confusion with the the soccer ball item. That's my guess.

D

Deleted member

I slowed it down frame by frame, she uses her head.

This is slow enough to see it

Well, I stand corrected.

Though, the more I look at the gif, the less and less her motion makes sense to me...

It's like they mixed and matched two different animations together...

SAKURAAAAAAAAAIIIIII

gif related
Source Physics.gif

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, looking at it some more, the animation does seem slightly awkward. It looks like she's turning to her left with her waist as she strikes the ball.

@Manly
lol Jem. That animation is truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So the mystery behind Miss Fit's ball move is explained.

BTW, new avatar to celebrate the 45th anniversary of WSJ. I hope it's not too provocative.

D

Deleted member

So the mystery behind Miss Fit's ball move is explained.

BTW, new avatar to celebrate the 45th anniversary of WSJ. I hope it's not too provocative.
Weekly Shounen Jump?

But One Piece isn't out, we actually haven't had a new chapter in weeks.

Also, you can never be "too provocative" I'd say it's not provocative enough... Hahahaha.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't know what WSJ is, but it sure looks sexy.
Weekly Shonen Jump, silly. :rolleyes:

The image was special poster drawn by the author of Shokugeki no Soma himself, Tosh. Much better than the poster Kawa****a (the author of Ichigo 100%) did 4 years ago.

FryBri

Smash Rookie
What game console did you guys start off with?
My first game console was the original NES. I was 8-bit years old then. It came with Mario Bros., 2 controllers and the first Nintendo Power magazine with a free one year subscription. My dad also bought Zelda, which has been my favorite for decades. I’ve had every Nintendo console since and I am absolutely crazy over the next SMASH Bros.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Weekly shonen jump, wall street journal, or we're so japenese. Definitely one of those thoufh.
This. :troll:

The Super Nintendo was my first console, then the Genesis, Nintendo 64, PlayStation, Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2 (for a short amount of time), Wii, PS3, and Wii U. The PS4 is next on my list.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This site's general definition of provocative is like my definition of child-friendly.
Yeah, like a woman having boobs is considered provocative by some. Or how Samus' form fitting zero suit makes her a ****.

I find it sexy in a tasteful way.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
My first console was either a PC or a SNES, I can't remember, I think it was SNES though. I didn't really get into PC until i got my N64.

LOL Wall Street Journal distributes anime comics!?
"Next time on the Dow Jones..."

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Wii U will probably get better later in the year since many full grown casuals will be looking forward to Wii Fit U, The Sonic fans are loving Sonic Lost World so far, and most of all Mario fans are looking forward to that Super Mario 3D World.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Can't find the console post, so no quote here.

My first console was the N64, though I only had (and have) like, three games for it. Then I got the Gameboy Advanced, then the Legendary GameCube, then the Ds, then the Wii, then a Dsi, then a 3Ds, then a Wii U.
Yeah, I know, total Nintendo fanboy.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
If anything, those characters showed the balancing flaws of those mechanics, but that doesn't mean that the mechanics can't be balanced to prevent stuff like that.
True, anything is subject to balance.

So initial
+
will set up a volley and depending on the the inputs (
and/or
)
she will do either a Spike, Headbutt or Kick* (this is just a hypothetical placeholder).

Hmm...I can buy that. And i assume that the initial volley animation where she throws up the ball will have some hitboxes.

Exactly.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The Wii U will probably get better later in the year since many full grown casuals will be looking forward to Wii Fit U, The Sonic fans are loving Sonic Lost World so far, and most of all Mario fans are looking forward to that Super Mario 3D World.
Honestly, I'm really interested in seeing what Nintendo will do for their next console.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
First system was the N64 and my first game for it was space station silicon valley.

Yeah, like a woman having boobs is considered provocative by some. Or how Samus' form fitting zero suit makes her a ****.

I find it sexy in a tasteful way.
This made me think of this for some reason

D

Deleted member

The first console I've ever owned was a Nintendo 64. It's one of my all-time favorite consoles.

@disfunkshunal: My god I loved Space Station Silicon Valley as a child.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Honestly, I'm really interested in seeing what Nintendo will do for their next console.
Same. We had motion controls and now a gamepad... What's next? I know that Nintendo sure as hell ain't going to make a 'normal' console like the GameCube again.
I can't think of anything that might come next, to be honest.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I was born in 1998 BUT I grew up with a SNES,Mario World/All-Star,Killer Instinct II,Super Street Fighter 2 and some other games.
I pretty much owned all sorts of gaming platforms after the NES except that I only own a GameGear for Sega.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
The first console I've ever owned was a Nintendo 64. It's one of my all-time favorite consoles.

@disfunkshunal: My god I loved Space Station Silicon Valley as a child.
Right?! It was such a fun game. When I first got it I was still fairly little and couldn't really progress too much but I still had a lot fun (I remember fondly that mission where you have to get all the sheep in the electric gate) but when I got old enough to actually go through the game I really loved it.

D

Deleted member

Born in 1990, first console was an NES with SMB, Duck Hunt, Final Fight (labled "Street Fighter"), and Top Gun. I got it from my uncle when I was 3 as a hand-me-down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom