• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My mentality also isn't much like that. But I feel there are two sort of young people nowadays:

A: Ambitious, willing to do everything for money. Aren't affraid to lie, cheat or play dirty to get where they wanna get in life.
B: Underachievers with greater sence of morality but no 'realisitic' goals or long term projects.

There's more into it, but just a summarised example.

I feel more people here fit into category B btw.

Am trying to be more like A, cause my 'inactivity' since leaving school made me the prime example of B kinda of people. Most of my friends are A though. And am trying to find a way into it whilst keeping my sence of morality. Am tired of being seen as an underachiever, but am not willing to go as dirty in my ways as we're 'required to do to be succesful'.

Since we're speaking Hip Hop anyways: 'Life's a *****, and then you die. That's why we get high. Cause you never know when you gonna go.'

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I deal with a lot of kids, and honestly, a lot of the teens I see make me very disappointed in the future of humanity. They just don't care. At least in Spain, they don't give two ****s about their future, they have a total YOLO mentality, and are completely ignorant about the world around them. On top of that Europe is WAY more libertal than the US. The Right wing here is like the American Left wing. Not just politically, but socially as well. Kids drink at younger ages, and Sex is explicit and everywhere. You even have condoms for sale in the Metro for example. To make things worse, teens and young adults have no pressure to live independently, most end up living with their parents till they are in their 30's, and that's socially accepted. So in the end, you have a ton of lazy ****s, with no culture, who don't care about anything else but popular culture, who don't study, and don't work and go out to get ****faced at clubs and pubs every other day. Yes, you have 20 somthing year olds asking their parents for money to go clubbing and drinking... And complaining when their parents don't buy them the latest iPhone. I'm not even joking...
Seriously guys, Europe is SO liberal? :urg:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Netherlands is quite liberal. But still has crazy racists like Geert Wilders, who has a Hitler-like mentality when it comes to the Islam. I think Germany and Great Brittain are a lot more conservative though. And they hold the most power overall in Europe. France, I believe, is getting more liberal, but has struggles of it's own. Eastern Europe seems most in truth with their cultural vallues to. As well as Italy and Spain. Other European countries I think are quite liberal are the Scandivian countries ; Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark. But it's not like they're too kind of foreign people living in their country due to strong attachement to culture, again. There's more friction amongst countries than some would admit as well!

So anyway, it's all the same ****. :rolleyes:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Habenero's sig is so fitting to the subject. :laugh:

I almost feel sorry to post so that it won't appear to be the last thing said anymore.

D

Deleted member

It went down hill after the late 1990's
Nah man.

Nujabes, Shing 02, The Freestylers, Fort Minor, Jay-Z, Wu Tang Clan, those are all good.

Some links:

Nujabes, Feather:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ul5Sl02nw
Shing 02, Love You Like Water:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2byaJUa9e9Q
Freestylers, Get Down Massive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fypsPCc4DVk
Fort Minor, Slip Out the Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVGiiiB7wpY
Wu-Tang Clan, Gravel Pit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSu3lelXNGQ
Dub Pistols, Cyclone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es8qCts03IQ

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yea this thread has gone from video games to world politics, what the heck? sorry if i'm interrupting but this a weird thread to talk about this stuff, instead of Smash Bros.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Yea this thread has gone from video games to world politics, what the heck? sorry if i'm interrupting but this a weird thread to talk about this stuff, instead of Smash Bros.
You're about 3 months late pal. We've beaten every dead horse in the book with another dead horse, so there is practically nothing to talk about that hasn't been said before.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There's some recent good stuff to. But real hip hop is mostly underground though. Just hear this ; 2012 ****!

Other post 2000 hip hop artists I still like: Talib Kweli, Lupe Fiasco, Dead Prez, Devin the Dude and Kendrick Lamar, just to name a few.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There was faith in humanity to begin with? Do tell.
Who's to say it's the first time I lose faith in humanity?

The Netherlands is quite liberal. But still has crazy racists like Geert Wilders, who has a Hitler-like mentality when it comes to the Islam. I think Germany and Great Brittain are a lot more conservative though. And they hold the most power overall in Europe. France, I believe, is getting more liberal, but has struggles of it's own. Eastern Europe seems most in truth with their cultural vallues to. As well as Italy and Spain. Other European countries I think are quite liberal are the Scandivian countries ; Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark. But it's not like they're too kind of foreign people living in their country due to strong attachement to culture, again. There's more friction amongst countries than some would admit as well!

So anyway, it's all the same ****. :rolleyes:
Geert Wilders? I've heard of him when I had Philosophy as a subject (loved that thing, it changed many of my views about the world)...

I don't really know where Portugal fits in all of this... but I think it's a rather liberal country judging from what foreigners say, but there are also horribly conservative people (especially among older generations, but I shouldn't generalize).
In many Portuguese sites I have seen horrible flame wars between Portuguese users and Brazilian users over nationality stuff, it's not funny.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Underground/alternative hip hop is where it's at

Cannibal Ox, El-P, Mr. Lif, Aesop Rock, MF Doom, Shing02, etc

Kendrick is pretty dope too but I like Ab-Soul more

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Don't get me started on Drake. Saying he came from the bottom, but was playing in a multi million dollar show. :rolleyes:
The ironic thing about Drake is that while he was playing a crippled guy on a Canadian teenage soap opera he was also close to becoming a pro soccer player , lol.

Anyways, he may have put in a lot of time and work into acting but he was already a well known actor when his first album came out so yeah.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked Portugal when I went there. The people seemed friendly, and far less likely to scam you than the Spanish. But generally I felt they where very warm hearted people. Where I went there where just too many English and German tourists, and tourists in general. But what I've really seen is that the Portugese love driving wildly. :laugh:

Geert Wilders is someone I feel very ashamed of of representing my country. And I disagree with a lot of the Dutch mentality. I few it's far too impresonal, distant, and a general lack of empathy. And focusing too much on the material again. 'Work hard and don't complain. Still complaining? Work harder'- is the kind of mentality that we have here. I hate it. Oh and feel the Dutch are way too extreme in their both liberal and converative sides. They are too much of both, and both lack focus on reality. Examples: very accepting towards homosexuals and gay culture, but still judgemental or sinical of other cultures (not directly, but definitely indirectly). And another: the marijuana-related laws we have here. Yes, you can buy up till 5 grams a days accoriding to the law, but selling it is still illegal (even to legal selling points).

I feel myself at odds a lot here with the general public.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Nah man.

Nujabes, Shing 02, The Freestylers, Fort Minor, Jay-Z, Wu Tang Clan, those are all good.

Some links:

Nujabes, Feather:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ul5Sl02nw
Shing 02, Love You Like Water:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2byaJUa9e9Q
Freestylers, Get Down Massive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fypsPCc4DVk
Fort Minor, Slip Out the Back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVGiiiB7wpY
Wu-Tang Clan, Gravel Pit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSu3lelXNGQ
Dub Pistols, Cyclone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es8qCts03IQ
I was talking in terms of mainstream hip-hop and R&B.
But even so, after doing some thinking I would push back to early 2000s, but anything after 2007 is a no. With Soulja Boy, Waka Flocka, 2chains and all of Young Money

D

Deleted member

Underground/alternative hip hop is where it's at

Cannibal Ox, El-P, Mr. Lif, Aesop Rock, MF Doom, Shing02, etc

Kendrick is pretty dope too but I like Ab-Soul more
I really can't say enough about The Freestylers, though they're more Breakbeat, still, there's a lot of hip-hop influence in their music.

Pressure Point is a brilliant album.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Krs One, Lupe and Childish Gambino are pretty good too, when it comes to underground. but like i said mainstream is at all time low thanks to 2chainz...
Even the content of battle rap has decreased, it's starting to get a bit better now though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dude, Ab-Soul and Shing02 are amazing! Manly, Metal, you've teached me. LOVE!

Updated my Facebook status to: If we can't make love, we can always make peace. Cause I'm cheesy like that. :D

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I really can't say enough about The Freestylers, though they're more Breakbeat, still, there's a lot of hip-hop influence in their music.

Pressure Point is a brilliant album.
I've never actually heard of them before, definitely gonna check them out when I get a chance

@Moon Monkey- Yeah, early 2000s had Eminem in his prime

You also had people like Jadakiss, Beans (Beanie Sigel), and a few others who had nice bars back during that time

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This is what I was referring to in my previous post. Don't get me wrong, I respect you for wanting to deal with another issue but what I'm about to talk about is a bit unrelated to that.
Not to bash on KumaOso but its the whole nobody has a desire to be seen as a non-aggressive or kind person. With everyone I talk to its always "everyone is stupid", "everyone is greedy", "everyone is a douche", hate hate hate.
EVERYONE has this mindset nowadays. They look towards what flaws other people have to make themselves feel superior but the result is a spiteful personality. These terrible attacks we're seeing on the news recently, no doubt are being influenced by this perspective.
The bad an the damnable speak far louder than the good. Its no wonder that the general perspective on the average stranger is so terrible despite whatever reality is the truth.
To be honest, my attitude was very out of character there. My mood has a way of easily changing who I am in an instant.

Generally, I'm actually trusting of people and hope for the best out of them. That being said, I strongly believe the only way to get people to change is to inspire them to change their lives for the better. This is what I usually do when I talk with people on these topics. Get them to think about these things, put things into perspective, and wising up.

For all the ****ery on this planet, there is surely an equal amount of kindness in the world.
Because, thanks to globalization, the whole "Americans are stupid" deal is basically a myth. EVERYONE is stupid, EVERYWHERE. Technology has made people lazy and selfish, while consumerism has made them ignorant.

I deal with a lot of kids, and honestly, a lot of the teens I see make me very disappointed in the future of humanity. They just don't care. At least in Spain, they don't give two ****s about their future, they have a total YOLO mentality, and are completely ignorant about the world around them. On top of that Europe is WAY more libertal than the US. The Right wing here is like the American Left wing. Not just politically, but socially as well. Kids drink at younger ages, and Sex is explicit and everywhere. You even have condoms for sale in the Metro for example. To make things worse, teens and young adults have no pressure to live independently, most end up living with their parents till they are in their 30's, and that's socially accepted. So in the end, you have a ton of lazy ****s, with no culture, who don't care about anything else but popular culture, who don't study, and don't work and go out to get ****faced at clubs and pubs every other day. Yes, you have 20 somthing year olds asking their parents for money to go clubbing and drinking... And complaining when their parents don't buy them the latest iPhone. I'm not even joking...
A good chunk of that sounds no different than American kids really. As you said, things are becoming so much easier and people are also less willing to talk to another. I usually see college kids on their phones while waiting for something instead of talking. This really bothers me as it seems like every one is starting to form their own bubbles to keep things out. Everyone seems to have this strong fear of failure that's holding them back. I know it used to hold me back and I'm trying to be much better about it.

And yeah, you told me about the London girl.
My mentality also isn't much like that. But I feel there are two sort of young people nowadays:

A: Ambitious, willing to do everything for money. Aren't affraid to lie, cheat or play dirty to get where they wanna get in life.
B: Underachievers with greater sence of morality but no 'realisitic' goals or long term projects.

Am trying to be more like A, cause my 'inactivity' since leaving school made me the prime example of B kinda of people. Most of my friends are A though. And am trying to find a way into it whilst keeping my sence of morality. Am tired of being seen as an underachiever, but am not willing to go as dirty in my ways as we're 'required to do to be succesful'.

Since we're speaking Hip Hop anyways: 'Life's a *****, and then you die. That's why we get high. Cause you never know when you gonna go.'
I'm in the same boat as you (well, almost). I absolutely hate the idea of abandoning morality for self gain. Thing is, I'm definitely a B when it comes to morality, but I am goal oriented. I just don't quite know what my goals are beyond an abstract level.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I've never actually heard of them before, definitely gonna check them out when I get a chance

@Moon Monkey- Yeah, early 2000s had Eminem in his prime

You also had people like Jadakiss, Beans (Beanie Sigel), and a few others who had nice bars back during that time
Those were the days remember Nelly? Even Fabolous had some good stuff back then

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
2 Chainz :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not even gonna lie, he is bad objectively but homie has some hilariously witty lines at times

I'd take him any day over "I BAWL LIKE I'M DWAYNE WADE UHHHHHHHHH TUNECHI CASH MONEHHHHHH WEEZY F BABY CATCHIN BODIES ON MY SKATEBOARD I GRIND LIKE IT'S TONY HAWK PRO SKATER YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
But what I've really seen is that the Portugese love driving wildly. :laugh:
Crazy drivers... oh boy... I know that very well. In fact, it's a country with A LOT of car accidents.

Reminds me of a day when I was going from Faro to Lisbon (around 250 km of distance) with my parents... we were at the max legal speed of 120 km/h in a highway and notice another car passing at an insane speed (probably over 200 km/h). My reaction was a big WTF.

There are some dangerous drivers out there, you gotta be careful sometimes. I've heard many stories about crazy people on the steering wheel.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

I am DEFINITELY a B person. I have no real ambition, but I know a lot about the world and have a sense of morality. Many of my teachers always praised me for my general knowledge about the world and many different subjects, which was a stark contrast to many other people of my age.

But I think THAT is where the problem is: I know a lot of stuff, I am interested in many kinds of subjects that it becomes difficult to decide which way I want to go.

You forgot the C person though: overall jerk who neither has ambition nor sense of morality. I knew some people like that before going to University.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
2 Chainz :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not even gonna lie, he is bad objectively but homie has some hilariously witty lines at times

I'd take him any day over "I BAWL LIKE I'M DWAYNE WADE UHHHHHHHHH TUNECHI CASH MONEHHHHHH WEEZY F BABY CATCHIN BODIES ON MY SKATEBOARD I GRIND LIKE IT'S TONY HAWK PRO SKATER YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH"
He does have his moments. Lil Wayne was cool back when he first came out, but now his songs are just made up of vagina metaphors. Nicki Minaj is only interesting to me, only for her multiple voice changing stuff like she did in Monster. it's hilarious.

Mainstream rap and underground/conscientious rap both have their place. Mainstream music tends to gets me pumped for doing a task (like writing a paper) and I listend to underground when i'm just chilling.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah pretty much

Gangsta turned skateboarding hipster

I agree on your last point, that's why mainstream rappers now for the most part never last for long at all; they all serve the same purpose. They're all a dime-a-dozen, ready to be replaced by the next batch of rappers

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Hit the nail on the head. Nobody stands out...The only way i can tell who is on the track is if I hear M-M-Maybach Music, Young Money or DJ Khaled!
Though i will say Kanye & Jay-z do put out some good stuff amongst all of that.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Ehhhhh Kanye is a great producer and all and I liked his first couple of albums but I can't stand him now

Hov is pretty nice though (dat Reasonable Doubt album)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Eh Kanye has his moments, though i will say he kind of lost me after that autotune album.
And agree'd

To get back somewhat on thread topic (Lol): I wish this Direct on Wednesday was about WiiU rather than 3DS...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah, I should probably get back on track too haha

Talking about rap and ****

There's another Direct coming this week? Nice, I wonder if they'll reveal some new games

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I was taking about the same 3DS Direct. As far as I know there is only one. 3DS to me seems to be in good shape. New Ace Attorney, Pokemon x/y, Animal crossing, etc...
WiiU on the other hand needs more stuff announced or at least teased with E3 being on the horizon.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So Capcom is finally realizing they need to work on their story modes.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...ged-story-modes-being-one-component/#comments

Though I wouldn't call the SSE intricate by any means. This reminds me though as to why the trophy motif was bad for the SSE. Fans want to see the lore of the games. Brawl didn't provide this much aside from a handful of scenes as you were more or less playing imitations as we've discussed before. I'm still a fan of the idea of taking the Great Maze concept and combine it with The Greatest Game.

D

Deleted member

Hate to get us off topic again, but I thought I'd update a bit before hitting the hay.

~automatic:

Also, repostan Yuii since no one seemed to catch it in the spoiler:

From now on, every new design I make will be a finished piece in full color, so while it'll take longer, they'll come out better. Also, I'm doing some art studies in between, so expect some slight style changes here and there. Likewise, it should be fair to note that the later pieces will come out slightly better than some of the earlier ones as I improve...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Good $hit! I used to be good at drawing people, but now I'm better at drawing creatures and animals. I do some anthros from time to time, not furries and and all that crap but more so, imaginative stylized creatures

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I will now picture Yuii making that face every time he's mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom