• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Kopa stories were essentially fanfiction with Disney's blessing. Kopa never was and will likely never will be a canon character.

To be fair, it's tough for it top its predecessor. Even later Disney movies had a tough act to follow. At least for me, TLK held greater significance to me as a coming of age of story, namely having a spiritual vibe to it.This still remains as one of my top favorite scenes.

This is very much true. Different characters have different learning curves due to their playstyle. It's much easier to learn the basics of Mario than it is to learn the basics of Olimar.
Being the LK fan I am, I wish he would be, but I can live without it. I hate the amount of dispute over Kopa and Kiara though, which character is better and such, and the amount of hate to the second movie because of her.

Indeed, the Lion King was difficult to top, even for Disney. I'm glad it at least got a decent sequel though, unlike many other Disney movies.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Event matches are fun. Good way to unlock content. Lets go for 100 this time.
Sure, why not?
Also, I hope the Events are between Melee and Brawl's difficulty. Melee had some nerve-cracking rage fuel events and Brawl had events that were laughable. Even on harder settings, they were still pretty easy.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
I bet the event matches this time around are going to be really funny AND PUNny. Hopefully K.Rool is on the roster, I'd like to see what event matches they'd implement based on his inclusion.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Sure, why not?
Also, I hope the Events are between Melee and Brawl's difficulty. Melee had some nerve-cracking rage fuel events and Brawl had events that were laughable. Even on harder settings, they were still pretty easy.
Event 51 was a pain. But somehow, I beat it first try with Kirby.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Event matches are fun. Good way to unlock content. Lets go for 100 this time.
No, 101, because 100 isn't enough.

One event match has to be an epic battle between the 3rd party characters.

Another event match has to be a Mega Man mini-boss/mini-run through Dr. Wily's Castle.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It's not if you know your stuffs. It also is a lot easier with Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, and Ganondorf.

I know I've beaten both Event Match 50 and 51 with every character... LIKE A BOSS!!! :shades:
Read the rest of my statement. I beat it first try with Kirby.

Event 50 is easy because at one point I beat Classic on Hard difficulty with every character. Fought both Hands every time, so the Event was miles easier.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's not if you know your stuffs. It also is a lot easier with Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, and Ganondorf.

I know I've beaten both Event Match 50 and 51 with every character... LIKE A BOSS!!! :shades:
I beat it with Jigglypuff today.

Rest doesn't like Giga Bowser.

I'm now trying to do it with Kirby.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Rest doesn't like Giga Bowser.
Fox's shine is the best weapon against Giga Bowser, just like how it is the best weapon against anyone and everyone.

The only exceptions are the Hans the Hands and the Brawl bosses (the latter of which only applies in Project M).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I love Smash 64, but damn it's too clunky to go back to.

Also bought a Wii U. Sexy as ****, and I love the Miiverse

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
To be honest. I only really go on Miiverse to look at Sakurai's caption of the day.
I brotha can only read Garfield for Smash. but so many times, in a day.

As of late I've been watching Youtube vids through the browser (Never watch youtube vids through the official Youtube app unless your on a phone) from the WiiU.
I'm pissed that they have ads up and running on it now. If only the Wii U could download Ad-block plus...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I love Smash 64, but damn it's too clunky to go back to.
What do you mean=??? The controls are totally sleek. The only thing that could be seen as "clunky" is the AI, which I honestly loved.

If anything, I would have to say I love the "classic" feel of said games' controls.
I love the Miiverse
Wait until you see the Smash character ideas...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I see them, but I also get to post little doodles of, say Genesect "Firin' His Lazer" or Tingle "Pays his Dues".

If anyone has a Wii U, add me as a friend on Miiverse

Ironcleffa ~

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
There are the occasional smart posters, but the bad ones just make it unbearable for me.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Sakurai did say that he will keep competition in mind for Smash 4, unlike the other three installments. What do you think Sakurai might do towards the competitive aspect of Sm4sh?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
LOL! Yo!!! :rotfl: The amount of times i've heard that rule! Being a Yoshi main, I rarely had to fight for dominance. There was the occasionally Pikachu and DK dittos.
I remember my friends spent like 30mins doing Marth Dittos ( I didn't care brought my Gamboy SP and was grinding away with my Vibrava trying to get Flygon :laugh: ) we then made up a new rule 1 match for dominance and it can be done once a week.

Mario Kart was the worst! No matter which version it was everyone fought for Toad. (Again me being the Yoshi main that I am went uncontested :awesome:) Except Double Dash I needed Toad/Toadette for his Golden shrooms
This actually reminds me of my cousin's daughters (7 and 4) whenever we had to babysit them... I let them play my video games... and they always argue over who gets to play as the token female character... it's insane.

Peach in Mario Kart 64
Peach AND Daisy in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (they wanted both instead of picking only one princess)
Peach and Zelda in Super Smash Bros. games (they both specifically wanted the PINK Peach :rolleyes:)
Chun-Li and Cammy in Super Street Fighter II
Mai and any other female characters in Fatal Fury and King of Fighters games
Blaze in Streets of Rage games
Maki in Final Fight 2
Lucia in Final Fight 3

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's because the token girls kick token ass, duh. Especially Mai....

mmmmm....

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sakurai did say that he will keep competition in mind for Smash 4, unlike the other three installments. What do you think Sakurai might do towards the competitive aspect of Sm4sh?
Nevermind my idea for now, I'll talk about it later.

Besides, I'm also kind of busy right now.

I'll be back in a bit.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Will do. :grin:

I'm back now.

If I knew where I could get it, I would. lol
Wii U. :troll:
"Fuzzy Pickles"​
:ness:

Seriously, that game is one of the all-time greats. Do yourself a favor and PLAY THAT GAME!!!
I HAVE IT AND IT'S AWESOMEEEEEEEE. I'm in Threed, but I saved before pursuing that chick in the hotel and will continue tomorrow. :grin:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's because the token girls kick token ***, duh. Especially Mai....
LOL cute... I think these little girls just want to play as female characters because they identify themselves as girls and wanted a female role model who is very girly but is still strong... well, there's Samus... but she doesn't look obviously feminine in that bulky armor... and they don't listen to me when I tell them to hold the shield button when selecting Samus... they keep forgetting that part so I just give up and let them play without Zero Suit Samus... at least the girls will have fun with Wii Fit Trainer... kinda hoping for Palutena and Dixie Kong to get in as well... so the girls will have more girly girls to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom