• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Robin Hood, Jungle Book and Lion King where probably my favorites as a kid. Brother Bear and Mulan to.

But dat Timon and Pumba man...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Robin Hood, Jungle Book and Lion King where probably my favorites as a kid. Brother Bear and Mulan to.

Did you see Lion Ling 1 1/2? Was that the one that was through Timon and Pumba's view?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Which Robin Hood? I could be wrong, but I used to go to Barnes and Noble with my mom when I was little. I'd immediately go, sit on the train thing with the TV in it, and watch Robin Hood. I think the characters were all animals...?

LOOKED IT UP. CALLED IT. ROBIN HOOD IS LITERALLY A RED FOX.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Really!? It has that Disney vibe when i look at it.
Doesn't shock me, the guy who made it also made the first Land Before Time. :grin:

Mulan was pretty awesome to.
LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS, TO DEFEAT, THE HUNS.
(hope you remember that song)

The Lion King is by far my favorite movie, not just animated or Disney, my favorite movie of all time.

The Lion King is awesome, you have to give it that. You can say you don't like the style, but you can't say it wasn't done well. No one can say it wasn't a good movie unless they don't like the style of it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The third one was that I think. But yeah, have seen all 3. 2 was pretty good to I remember. But can't remember 2 and 3 too well.

Also as I watched most ofmthese movies when I was younger, I only remember the Dutch subbed versions of all, slightly. Songs I don't really remember well.

Also, Tarzan.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, seeing as Manly seemed to be okay with it, this was your sketch.
It's pretty good, much better than I pictured how others would picture me (if that makes any sense). Will have to see the final product though before I pass any final judgement.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Balto man.

My favorite movie ever is Spirited Away. Hoo boy dat Ghibli.

Hells yeah for the anti-Disney movement.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You know what else was a great movie?

AKA Emperor's New Groove.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Lion King II was good, but a disappointment too.

Sadly is was Direct to Video, and wasn't as deep as the first one. Nor, was the soundtrack as good. (the themes used throughout weren't good at all compared to the first one, but the music numbers were pretty good)

Being a LK nerd, I know theres a lot of complaints going to the second movie for a number of reasons.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What where the complaints? Sure, it was way different, but still cool. Featured lions in their more basic animalistic roles a bit too much perhaps? More fighting, less talking? Dunno really.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
It was made by a Fox Studio...

...and speaking of Fox, Fox in Brawl was boring. He should play like a hybrid version of Smash 64 and Melee Fox, obviously with a bit of newness to him.
I just want to ****ing control Fox. His combo of speed and weight is just too damn awkward for me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They actually should look back at N64 Smash for a whole lot of things. Not just base gameplay of Melee and Brawl. They changed the formula way too drastic over the 3 games I feel.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't know who this PrincessAzula dude is, but I know he has good tastes in TV shows.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What where the complaints? Sure, it was way different, but still cool. Featured lions in their more basic animalistic roles a bit too much perhaps? More fighting, less talking? Dunno really.
Well, for one thing, these comics came out where Simba and Nala had a different cub, who was male.

He was never once seen with their cub in the movie, (who was female) nor was he mentioned, and since the comics came out before the movie, a lot of fans got butthurt by it, thinking the girl cub(which a lot of people didn't like for others reasons as well) replaced the male one from the comics. (WHICH she didn't)

Furthermore, the plot wasn't THAT great, not very emotional to me. The voice actors kind of sounded bored, mainly the ones from the prievous movie. That's all the ones I can think of.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not gonna lie, I would be hyped for a Project 64 mod of Brawl.
I just want to ****ing control Fox. His combo of speed and weight is just too damn awkward for me.
Not every character should be easy to control; if you want an easy to control character like Fox, play Falco. If you want a medium difficulty level similar character, try Wolf.

Also, Fox in Smash 64 wasn't that hard to control.

Besides, not every character should be easy to pick up and play. That is why we have a bigger and bigger roster each Smash game.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Nope. I don't even know who Gaston really is, so I don't check his board.
Enjoy.
I'm just sad I'm a moron and deleted some pictures off my Imgur.
Here's a sample.
Frostwraith said:

Yup. The best thread for mods to lock it. :troll::evil::demon::smirk:
MonK4 said:
I'm sad 'twas closed.
Oh well. I'm listening to Kirby right now.

At this point I just come on the boards and stare at posts blank minded, I need a break or a jumpstart. Maybe I'll just isolate myself and write 15 more pages in my MarthxZelda fanfic.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Project B is gonna be sick for SSB4, you guys don't know what you have till it's gone.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Anyway, we should probably get back on topic.

What do you think they should do for Event Match 51 this time?

(speaking of which, in Melee I beat it with Jigglypuff today. :laugh:)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Project B is gonna be sick for SSB4, you guys don't know what you have till it's gone.
Project B is totally gonna be a thing for both games, I'm gonna call it now. Project M probably too, and possibly even Project 64.

I'm also waiting for someone to try to make Smash WiiU play like Street Fighter, BlazBlue, MvC, Guilty Gear, King of Fighter, etc. I won't rule that out, actually, especially since the Smash modding community keeps getting bigger and bigger, and it will only get much bigger with Smash WiiU and Smash 3DS.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Project B is totally gonna be a thing for both games, I'm gonna call it now. Project M probably too, and possibly even Project 64.

I'm also waiting for someone to try to make Smash WiiU play like Street Fighter, BlazBlue, MvC, Guilty Gear, King of Fighter, etc. I won't rule that out, actually, especially since the Smash modding community keeps getting bigger and bigger, and it will only get much bigger with Smash WiiU and Smash 3DS.
I would love it if someone tried to reverse engineer and make Project GBA for the 3DS.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, for one thing, these comics came out where Simba and Nala had a different cub, who was male.

He was never once seen with their cub in the movie, (who was female) nor was he mentioned, and since the comics came out before the movie, a lot of fans got butthurt by it, thinking the girl cub(which a lot of people didn't like for others reasons as well) replaced the male one from the comics. (WHICH she didn't)
The Kopa stories were essentially fanfiction with Disney's blessing. Kopa never was and will likely never will be a canon character.

Furthermore, the plot wasn't THAT great, not very emotional to me. The voice actors kind of sounded bored, mainly the ones from the prievous movie. That's all the ones I can think of.
To be fair, it's tough for it top its predecessor. Even later Disney movies had a tough act to follow. At least for me, TLK held greater significance to me as a coming of age of story, namely having a spiritual vibe to it.This still remains as one of my top favorite scenes.

Besides, not every character should be easy to pick up and play. That is why we have a bigger and bigger roster each Smash game.
This is very much true. Different characters have different learning curves due to their playstyle. It's much easier to learn the basics of Mario than it is to learn the basics of Olimar.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would love it if someone tried to reverse engineer and make Project GBA for the 3DS.
If that happens, Project Super Nintendo/Famicon, Project NES/Famicom, Project GameBoy, and Project GameBoy Color need to happen.

Also, Project Virtual Boy (now with crappy THREE-DEE!!!) and Project Game & Watch...

...oh, and Project (Atari) Jaguar... NOW WITH A REAL POWERGLOVE!!!!

(oh, and Project Super Scope while we're at it!!!)

:chuckle:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why stop there? Let's go to Project C - Project Colecovision!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Also, Project Virtual Boy (now with crappy THREE-DEE!!!) and Project Game & Watch...

Why don't you just make Project Cut Your Hands Off while you're at it? :glare: :chuckle:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If that happens, Project Super Nintendo/Famicon, Project NES/Famicom, Project GameBoy, and Project GameBoy Color need to happen.

Make it happen!
Maybe Link will finally get better if we go back in time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom