• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Perfect and light shielding should definitely be back. And teching, and dash dancing, L-Canceling (or **** it, make it automatic), Melee's tether mechanics, Melee's ledges and especially hitstun. Those are things I can at least agree with 100%.
Perfect, light shielding and don't forget teching,
dash dancing, increased hitstun and tether mechanics,
Melee's ledges and increased gameplay speeds
these are a few of my favorite things!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Perfect and light shielding should definitely be back. And teching, and dash dancing, L-Canceling (or **** it, make it automatic), Melee's tether mechanics, Melee's ledges and especially hitstun. Those are things I can at least agree with 100%.
I agree with most of this, although instead of dash dancing, the running startup speed should just be a lot faster, as should the run restart time (with none of that slowing down running crap; that has been in Smash since what? Melee? I've always hated that). Also, teching never went away in Brawl, although it was way too slow. If anything, teching should be faster than it was in Melee, not slower.

And yeah, Melee's ledge mechanics (albeit with a bit of that Brawl "jump," the two sided recovery, and universal better recovery than Melee, especially for weaker/heavier characters) would be very nice. Oh, and Melee's hitstun isn't particularly needed, but something that similar sets up sexy and fun combos, tech chases, kills, and situations are things that we should definitely have again, along with spiking causing gimps (which it looks like it can).

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think an inbetween style of hitstun between Brawl and Melee would work. Heavier characters at low % had quite some advantages of Brawl's hitstun, it made it much easier to trade back a hit. Heavier attacks should have more hitstun, but at higher %s it should all be like Melee's.
I think the heavier characters should be harder to stun, but still easy to combo.

Heavier attacks do a better job of stunning, but lighter characters have an easier time escaping combos and dodging attacks.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You actually DO get a Spoon Sword, have you seen your sketch? You're also a bit of a vigilante kinda like Rorschach.
Actually no I haven't seen my sketch yet. Did look up Rorschach though, reminds me an avatar I used to use back on the old Wii U thread.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Combos need to exist. But heavier characters have been in major disadvantage cause of this in Melee especially (as well as fallspeed... But think weight should take priority). It meant, getting your ass comboed from here till the end of Final Destination. I think an in between style of Melee and Brawl works to. Also, I think this instantly would nerf MetaKnight, as he's highly equiped with multihitting attacks. These would be a lot easier to break down at low % or higher weight characters.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I personally don't like one game over the other (referring to Melee and Brawl) but there are things from both games that I want to return.

I liked how Melee gave you more shielding options, that's one thing I want back.
Melee's shielding system didn't favor the high tier characters nearly as much as Brawl's did. I would like a less poke-able shield, and maybe make the Melee light shield the default shield (size).

Oh, and here you go...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think the heavier characters should be harder to stun, but still easy to combo.
In most cases with heavy characters=??? Yes.
In all cases with heavy characters=???? No.
Heavier attacks do a better job of stunning, but lighter characters have an easier time escaping combos and dodging attacks.
I agree with this.

Also, I think (or at least hope) that patching can fix the issues with the heavier characters.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That's a neat mechanic.

It'd be funny if Meta Knight's mask broke at some point. :rotfl:

But I doubt it.
I would $h!t bricks if this happened when his mask falls off

Not gonna lie though a Vega mechanic will definitely be a good way to nerf Meta knight

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually no I haven't seen my sketch yet. Did look up Rorschach though, reminds me an avatar I used to use back on the old Wii U thread.
Well, seeing as Manly seemed to be okay with it, this was your sketch.
[Collapse=---]
[/collapse]

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In most cases with heavy characters=??? Yes.
In all cases with heavy characters=???? No.

I agree with this.

Also, I think (or at least hope) that patching can fix the issues with the heavier characters.
(gasp) you used four question marks instead of three!

That aside, which heavy characters do you think should not be like that?

King Dedede should either have low hitstun or be easy to combo. (I'm aiming towards that latter, I mean, who wouldn't get stunned after getting hit with an overly large hammer?)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

What do i win? :awesome:
Honestly though I've only seen it 3 times on this site. Which why still find it ammusing
I've seen it 3 times prior to this too. Where have you seen it?

Also, you win....

A pair of bunnies in a pair of cups.

Nigel Thornberry is timeless, how dare you. Just kidding.
Have you ever been to MonK4's Gaston thread?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Vega mechanic on Meta Knight is like the most perfect thing in the entire world why hasn't this been brought up sooner.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I've seen it 3 times prior to this too. Where have you seen it?

Also, you win....

A pair of bunnies in a pair of cups.
Twice on this thread. The Belle one in the library and the one with his face on the chick from the Disney Hercules movie
and once on the old roster prediction thread of the Belle in the library one.

Sweet! 2 Bunnies 2 Cups!.... somehow I feel queasy typing that.... :sick:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Twice on this thread. The Belle one in the library and the one with his face on the chick from the Disney Hercules movie
and once on the old roster prediction thread of the Belle in the library one.

Sweet! 2 Bunnies 2 Cups!.... somehow i feel queasy....
I've seen it as Noah J. Linderer's (or as he is named, SaturnGamer64) avatar, the avatar of someone else. (sort of....well it was muscular version of the character, that's all it was) And in MonK's Gaston Thread.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Disney Fantasia is probably my first drug trip ever. Damn, how I always felt complete buzzed and hypnoticed when watching that...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone watched Brother Bear? That was some deep ****. At least, how I remember it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anastasia isn't a Disney mo-

Dammit.

Status