• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Pokemon was epic, especially the first season. I never got to watch the Kirby animation though, how is it? I'm a big fan of Metaknight :grin:, does he have his deep voice from Brawl? Or is he muted?
The Kirby anime is very good, though it focuses more on Kirby and his weird friends than just Kirby. Meta Knight has a.. French accent, I think? Its weirdly fitting. Also, Dedede is an inconsiderate ***** who has a Snail as a sidekick, and he actually orders monsters from a ****** to kill Kirby. Also, the town residents are a new level of stupid, but that just makes the show more charming at times.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Pokemon was epic, especially the first season. I never got to watch the Kirby animation though, how is it? I'm a big fan of Metaknight :grin:, does he have his deep voice from Brawl? Or is he muted?
Meta Knight has a sorta deepish voice in the original version. In the English version... Hoo boy. :chuckle:

@Fastblade: You forgot to mention Dedede's country accent in the English dub. That voice was ridiculous. :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
idk he "found out" i was ****ing around with amiben and **** and he's like "what have the drugs done to you?!?!?!" and the whole thing was a hypocritical mess :ssss

I'd lock you IN for that, not kick you out. Ahh well, all I can say, is all the drugs you need are already provided in Mother Nature. ;) No need for the chemical stuff with me. And be careful with these habits you know. An occasional, recreational time with some of that **** could be fun yeah, but don't make it a weekly thing, or worse: daily.

Yeah, I have rights to talk like this. Am getting a son in a few months lole

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I soo want Pokemon anime like this!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like how the enemy Trainers' Pokemon are aiming their attacks at the Trainers, and not so much the Trainer's Pokémon perse. It makes the 'job' of a Pokemon Trainer look extra dangerous. I wouldn't like to be Hyper Beamed at least. Then again, there was this bloke in Gold / Silver that got hit by Lance's Dragonite's Hyper Beam and survived. :/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
From the age of 10 till 13 one could ARGUEBLY look the same. At least, I mostly did.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Kirby anime was made and ended quite a while ago.

Meta Knight's voice isn't too deep, and he speaks in a different accent.

It's also very different from the games, having a number of different monsters and characters not from the games.

If you want to read more about it, try the Wikipedia page or the Kirby Wiki page for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby:_Right_Back_at_Ya!

http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Kirby:_Right_Back_at_Ya!

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Like I said, he has some weird French/Spanish accent.
Just listened to it... Terrible :urg:. Japanese voice acting is better than English voice acting in most animes. The only anime which I think the English voice acting actually beat the Japanese voice acting is Dragon Ball Z.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Bulbapedia says he still 10 as of episode 1 in the Black & White saga!
Ash is immortal!
WAIT A MINUTE. HE IS. The Pikachu and Pichu short was said to be one year after Ash and Pikachu met by Ash himself, right? That's what the party was for! :eek:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Just listened to it... Terrible :urg:. Japanese voice acting is better than English voice acting in most animes. The only anime which I think the English voice acting actually beat the Japanese voice acting is Dragon Ball Z.
I didn't mind the English dub personally, but theres this one Waddle Doo that acts as a captain for a huge squad of Waddle Dees, and in Japan, his voice sounds like a child, but in the English dub, it's deep and sounds like an adult's voice, and to me it sounds like he has a Boston accent. That's the one voice I didn't like.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
LOL! Yo!!! :rotfl: The amount of times i've heard that rule! Being a Yoshi main, I rarely had to fight for dominance. There was the occasionally Pikachu and DK dittos.
I remember my friends spent like 30mins doing Marth Dittos ( I didn't care brought my Gamboy SP and was grinding away with my Vibrava trying to get Flygon :laugh: ) we then made up a new rule 1 match for dominance and it can be done once a week.

Mario Kart was the worst! No matter which version it was everyone fought for Toad. (Again me being the Yoshi main that I am went uncontested :awesome:) Except Double Dash I needed Toad/Toadette for his Golden shrooms
In 64 I was yoshi main first mostly because I thought of him as a pseudo Lickitung, my favorite pokemon, and also because I wasn't allowed to use Link, Kirby, Falcon, or Fox >_> No other game had that problem, not Mario Kart, not DK64, nothing. For some reason they only did it with smash.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I didn't mind the English dub personally, but theres this one Waddle Doo that acts as a captain for a huge squad of Waddle Dees, and in Japan, his voice sounds like a child, but in the English dub, it's deep and sounds like an adult's voice, and to me it sounds like he has a Boston accent. That's the one voice I didn't like.
After watching the original, I thought it was downright hilarious. :laugh:

Especially considering what that voice actor was thinking when he says things like "Sir! I haven't got the Waddle Dee power!"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's been changing for the better in the last ten years bar dubs for kid's anime that aren't given much effort. Starting with Cowboy Bebop, dubs have been getting a heck of a lot better than the days of the 90's and the vast, vast majority of the anime brought over is uncut. Anothe good example of a good English dub is both the Fullmetal Alchemist anime. IIRC, American fans find the English dub of FMA03 to be better than the original. I think Brotherhood is a matter of preference since the Japanese one is on par with the English dub.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
To be clear: I'm not saying Snake is generic. I'm saying, when comparing Simon to Snake on the better character associated with Nintendo's history. Simon wins hands down.
I want to play a video game, not an advertisement for Nintendo's history, which is why trophies and stickers fill those roles instead. Nobody wants to play history and learn it on its' own, otherwise it isn't a game, but a freaking museum.

If we added the characters with the most "history" or "appearances" in Smash only, we'd have 10,000 Mario characters nobody cared about, and honestly, probably not a single Link (unless you count all the adult Links and adult Link, and all the child Links as child Link, in which then it is still unlikely in the game appearances)

SoldierSunday

Smash Apprentice
Good thing Johnknight got back on topic.:smirk:

Should smash 4 let you do more options out of shield like sideB and down smash?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
In 64 I was yoshi main first mostly because I thought of him as a pseudo Lickitung, my favorite pokemon, and also because I wasn't allowed to use Link, Kirby, Falcon, or Fox >_> No other game had that problem, not Mario Kart, not DK64, nothing. For some reason they only did it with smash.
My sisters were *****! They knew the only 2 characters I would ever be in Mario Party (1 to 3) and Kart (64, Double Dash Wii) was Yoshi and DK. So they would purposely rush to those characters.
I also JUST found out that there were weight classes in Mario Kart 64

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Dude that's when you unplug the controller just enough so that it won't respond but it still rests in the socket. :laugh:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I think Brotherhood is a matter of preference since the Japanese one is on par with the English dub.
Idk, man. I love that Funimation/Aniplex managed to retain most of the talent of the original English dub, but it seems like they're being haphazard with this iteration. I watched over a dozen episodes of Brotherhood with the dub and I kinda felt like it was a little sparse and lacking at certain points, especially where **** gets emotive. It felt like the Japanese voice actors (seiyuus, whatever the **** you call 'em) had more...gravitas in those instances.

Then again, I'm one of those crazy ass people that actually liked the original FMA anime series over the manga and its more accurate Brotherhood counterpart (though I am in love with the franchise as a whole).

Smooth Criminal

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I want to play a video game, not an advertisement for Nintendo's history, which is why trophies and stickers fill those roles instead. Nobody wants to play history and learn it on its' own, otherwise it isn't a game, but a freaking museum.
LOL!!!! It is a video game based around the history of Nintendo's all-stars.
Which is why we got character out of the Vault like Mr. G&W and R.O.B

Hell, Smash 64's title in Japanese roughly translates to Nintendo All Star! Dairantō Smash Brothers.
Straight from the homie's mouth:
Smash Bros. can still be considered as an all-star collection of Nintendo characters
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06...ters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros
If we added the characters with the most "history" or "appearances" in Smash only, we'd have 10,000 Mario characters nobody cared about, and honestly, probably not a single Link (unless you count all the adult Links and adult Link, and all the child Links as child Link, in which then it is still unlikely in the game appearances)
Well budget reasons aside, it's Sakurai's job is to sift through the Nintendo library which is the reason why we don't have 1000 Mario characters. He's the game's creator, he's the one digging up old characters like Pit and Ice Climbers. He has taken up the job of sifting through Nintendo's line and picking characters that would work. And keep in mind he has dubbed smash as the Nintendo all-star game, so if these 1000+ mario characters aren't in smash it's because of:
A) Time restraints
B) Hardware restraints
C) He doesn't consider them all-stars
D) Budget restrains

And I don't think just appearing on a Nintendo system is enough

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Brotherhood gave me a much more satisfying ending than what the original anime gave me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom