• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Brotherhood gave me a much more satisfying ending than what the original anime gave me.
Do you include the OVA for the original anime (Conqueror of Shambala)?

I agree, mind, but I'm just wondering. Not a lot of people really give two ****s about it being canonical, despite expounding on few loose ends (yet never tying them up, go figure).

While I didn't like the ending to the original series very much, I did like how the original series' plot progressed a tad bit more, and I liked how Homunculi were created (and subsequently destroyed) in that continuity.

Smooth Criminal

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

I agree, mind, but I'm just wondering. Not a lot of people really give two ****s about it being canonical, despite expounding on few loose ends (yet never tying them up, go figure).

Smooth Criminal
I never saw Shambala but I know the ending more or less. Most probably don't count it anyway considering that it's a sucky ending. Yes, let's end up with the two brothers ending up in Germany and living the rest of their lives there.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Someone who actually clicked that link...what was it?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Graduated top of my class...I was home schooled LOL!
I cannot tell you how much urine I pissed out of Ganondorf's crotch taunt laughing at that.
Personally I wouldn't care either way, but they need to return the Melee shield mechanics.
I just want nearly all the Melee mechanics to come back, because Brawl's mechanics were garbage.

Well, footstool hopping (with more impact/knockback), roof teching (roof walking for characters like Ridley and Samus=???), and wall clinging (for only a few characters) ought to come back, along with several character/move specific Brawl advanced techniques (although truth be told, few advanced techniques are even hard to learn).

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
WAIT A MINUTE. HE IS. The Pikachu and Pichu short was said to be one year after Ash and Pikachu met by Ash himself, right? That's what the party was for! :eek:
I've been re-watching the series lately and the episode after the Cerulean Gym Ash says he's been a trainer for about two months! In fact there's a lot of references to large blocks of time passing in the earlier episodes. From what I've heard the director once said in an interview he intends for none of the characters to age no matter how much time passes even within the series and that Ash will always be ten years old, though I've never been able to track that interview down.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I cannot tell you how much urine I pissed out of Ganondorf's crotch taunt laughing at that.

I just want nearly all the Melee mechanics to come back, because Brawl's mechanics were garbage.

Well, footstool hopping (with more impact/knockback), roof teching (roof walking for characters like Ridley and Samus=???), and wall clinging (for only a few characters) ought to come back, along with several character/move specific Brawl advanced techniques (although truth be told, few advanced techniques are even hard to learn).
I personally don't like one game over the other (referring to Melee and Brawl) but there are things from both games that I want to return.

I liked how Melee gave you more shielding options, that's one thing I want back.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Like Captain Falcon's knee? Or am I completely off on my terminology?

No hurtboxes. Like, the bodyparts of the character where he / she / it can be hit. Would be cool, like Bowser's shell being an automatic sourspot for example (hitting with less knockback and damage). Or Link's shield. Can't think of many other examples. Perhaps DK's upperbody as well? Or **** it, Mewtwo's tail

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
No hurtboxes. Like, the bodyparts of the character where he / she / it can be hit. Would be cool, like Bowser's shell being an automatic sourspot for example (hitting with less knockback and damage). Or Link's shield. Can't think of many other examples. Perhaps DK's upperbody as well? Or **** it, Mewtwo's tail
Oops. Missed hurtboxes. I know what it means, I just misread it as hitboxes, I guess.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

While I didn't like the ending to the original series very much, I did like how the original series' plot progressed a tad bit more, and I liked how Homunculi were created (and subsequently destroyed) in that continuity.

Smooth Criminal
I agree. I like the reasoning behind how the homunculi were created in the original one as well.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That'd be good, yes. Link's Shield should do more than protect against projetiles.

Meta Knight's mask should nerf damage as well, and how about Olimar's space helmet?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Also, I want most of Melee's mechanics back, but heavily improved. It's the best I can ask for, seeing we have already seen a bit of gameplay. And it looks slower than Melee, but faster than Brawl at least.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
More importantly, why would you want to find M. Night Shamalamedingdong's The Last Air Bender online, or really anywhere=???
I didn't want to see it! he just posted it! I was curious to see what was in the link and then... it happened!
I think the dude got banned again.

homie just wanted to go back home. smh...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That'd be good, yes. Link's Shield should do more than protect against projetiles.

Meta Knight's mask should nerf damage as well, and how about Olimar's space helmet?

Nah those exact two don't really deserve any buffs like these currently. :laugh: But there are others which could be implemented. Was mainly looking at the heavyweights here now, as they would provide the most out of it. Now where speaking, Samus' helmet could work, then again, a hit in the face WILL hurt no mather how much armor your wearing. Especially if it's something ridiculous as Falcon's Knee, a Gaint Punch, a tipper from Marth's F Smash, Shadow Ball / Charge Shot ect.

Perhaps Ganondorf's armor could work like this to. Kinda resembling his final battles in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

And yeah, improving upon Melee's mechanics is definitely a good idea. The shield system while good is not perfect. Still, I do miss the ability to reflect projectiles, which, if made somewhat easier, could really help stop camping from both ends, unless of course we have a two way campfest, which wouldn't be stopped anyways! :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Perfect and light shielding should definitely be back. And teching, and dash dancing, L-Canceling (or **** it, make it automatic), Melee's tether mechanics, Melee's ledges and especially hitstun. Those are things I can at least agree with 100%.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I want the speed to be in between Melee and Brawl, Melee's shielding mechanics to return, and well....

Nothing eles I can think of as I'm not really an advanced player, just moderately good.

I found the hitstun in Melee annoying, I think only certain attacks that won't normally launch someone should stun. (like if an attack is delivered to the head, like a stunbox or something)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Nah those exact two don't really deserve any buffs like these currently. :laugh: But there are others which could be implemented. Was mainly looking at the heavyweights here now, as they would provide the most out of it. Now where speaking, Samus' helmet could work, then again, a hit in the face WILL hurt no mather how much armor your wearing. Especially if it's something ridiculous as Falcon's Knee, a Gaint Punch, a tipper from Marth's F Smash, Shadow Ball / Charge Shot ect.

Perhaps Ganondorf's armor could work like this to. Kinda resembling his final battles in Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.
Meh, as long as Meta and Olimar are nerfed lol.

Agreed on Ganondorf, his back should be more vunerable to damage and knockback than his front, that's what I think it should be like.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want the speed to be in between Melee and Brawl, Melee's shielding mechanics to return, and well....

Nothing eles I can think of as I'm not really an advanced player, just moderately good.

I found the hitstun in Melee annoying, I think only certain attacks that won't normally launch someone should stun. (like if an attack is delivered to the head, like a stunbox or something)

I think an inbetween style of hitstun between Brawl and Melee would work. Heavier characters at low % had quite some advantages of Brawl's hitstun, it made it much easier to trade back a hit. Heavier attacks should have more hitstun, but at higher %s it should all be like Melee's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom