• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm not saying Snake has played no part in Nintendo's history.
Hell at the top of the page I even said
My issue isn't with Snake's moveset, its Snake himself. Do think Snake's a bad character? No. In actuality I think Snakes a better character than Simon. But when comes to Nintendo and it's history... let's just say it isn't Snake that is apart of Captain N's cast is it?
What I AM saying is when comparing to Simon to Snake. Simon
Again, what does Captain N have to do with anything? That's like saying Zelda CDi is an important part of the franchise. I'm not saying Simon isn't important, all I'm saying is that he's not much more important than Snake. Plus Snake already being in Brawl will make him a lot easier to bring over to Sm4sh than making a completely new character.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Again, what does Captain N have to do with anything? That's like saying Zelda CDi is an important part of the franchise. I'm not saying Simon isn't important, all I'm saying is that he's not much more important than Snake. Plus Snake already being in Brawl will make him a lot easier to bring over to Sm4sh than making a completely new character.
Correct me if i'm wrong. Was Captain N not a show based around famous Nintendo associated characters in the late 1980s early 1990's?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Correct me if i'm wrong. Was Captain N not a show based around famous Nintendo associated characters in the late 1980s early 1990's?
Were the Zelda CDi games not shoddily awful games starring Zelda characters? Don't tell me we should see the King as a character because of them. :troll:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Were the Zelda CDi games not shoddily awful games starring Zelda characters? Don't tell me we should see the King as a character because of them. :troll:
LOL No! :rotfl:
What I am saying, by bringing the show up is that Castlevania's association with Nintendo was strong enough to land Simon apart of the main cast on the show.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
LOL No! :rotfl:
What I am saying, by bringing the show up is that Castlevania's association with Nintendo was strong enough to land Simon apart of the main cast on the show.
The show was made by Nintendo of America, who weren't exactly real close to Nintendo of Japan back then, lest we forget Gannondorf Dragmire. :troll:
Knowing them, they probably thought Mega Man and Simon were first-party Nintendo characters. :chuckle:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Moon- Loooooooooord I forgot she was a female :facepalm:

My bad Hyper lol I be trippin
Those drugs, man... :awesome:

And it's okay. It happens. Not like my gender emblem appears under my username.

Yes, people see a lot of Captain N relations nowadays because the show was all about Nintendo. Of course, people aren't going around asking for the cartoon-only characters in Smash. But Simon was in there, and the only one that's not from Captain N's normal team that's unplayable.(Comics had Samus, however, so..., but I think that might've been based upon her Armorless form, and Zero Suit isn't confirmed, but may have been implied when we say Zero Laser)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Does that mean Mother Brain for Sm4sh? :troll:
As long as it can't crawl I have no problems with this. LOL
The show was made by Nintendo of America, who weren't exactly real close to Nintendo of Japan back then, lest we forget Gannondorf Dragmire. :troll:
Knowing them, they probably thought Mega Man and Simon were first-party Nintendo characters. :chuckle:
True, but NoA is still a branch of Nintendo and to get the show green-lit I'm sure they would of had to get approval from the higher ups in Japan. So NoA had to get the budget approved somewhere, but regardless if it's NoA or NoJ. You say that jokingly (And the sad thing is i think your right :rotfl:) but that only further proves my case if some NoA rep actually believed Castlevania to be 1st party.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

It has Impa in it, so I wouldn't mind.

MISSED ME SMASHBOARDS!?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Diddy, you ruined a perfect oppurtunity. You should've been like:

Remember me?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Everyone here remembuhz me anyway I'd think :laugh: I kinda leave an... impression on most :reverse:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Everyone here remembuhz me anyway I'd think :laugh: I kinda leave an... impression on most :reverse:
You sling crap, it's normal. :awesome:

Anyway, I think people are still missing the point; People like to see the Nintendo characters from Captain N in Smash because it reminds them of their childhood. That's all.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Diddy, would you still love Diddy Kong if he was known as Donkey Kong Jr. as he was supposed to be?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And guido Simon Belmont.
And Popeye Megaman.

@Moon Monkey
I was under the impression that the show was like most VG to show adaptions, very little involvement from the creators. Like that live action Tekken movie with White Christie.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Anyway, I think people are still missing the point; People like to see the Nintendo characters from Captain N in Smash because it reminds them of their childhood. That's all.
Banjo in Smash would make my life complete but I still know that it's never going to happen.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Banjo in Smash would make my life complete but I still know that it's never going to happen.
Yeah, but we ain't talking about putting Captain N in, but Simon Belmont, who is a Nintendo-related character from a video game first. XD

Anyway, I'd still prefer Fulgore for a Rare rep myself. But he isn't possible since he's a Shotoclone, although he at best is a mix of multiple characters. Mario's Super Jump Punch(Dragon Punch), Anybody's Laser(his own Laser), and his Teleport(insert name here).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
@Moon Monkey
I was under the impression that the show was like most VG to show adaptions, very little involvement from the creators. Like that live action Tekken movie with White Christie.
That exactly was the case. :laugh: Captain N was created by some NoA staff member who worked on Nintendo Power. and Nintendo decided to take his idea (not credit or compensate the creator) and other new people from Nintendo, and DiC for the most part made the show staying very loosely to the original material

I've never seen a live action Tekken movie.
On a scale from Street Fighter live action movie to 1 where does it fall?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That exactly was the case. Captain N was created by some NoA staff member. and Nintendo decided to take his idea (not credit or compensate the creator) and other new people from Nintendo, and DiC for the most part made the show staying very loosely to the original material

I've never seen a live action Tekken movie a scale from Street Fighter live action movie to 1 where does it fall?
It's cheesy but not that bad. Very mediocre overall. It's Season 3 where the animation drops badly that the issue comes up. Also, everybody looks different, and some act different. It's not hard to find it to watch.(DVD boxset should still be orderable after all)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It's cheesy but not that bad. Very mediocre overall. It's Season 3 where the animation drops badly that the issue comes up. Also, everybody looks different, and some act different. It's not hard to find it to watch.(DVD boxset should still be orderable after all)
Not surprised at all to hear this. But damn Lol! they changed the look of the characters 3rd season.
Please tell me they went for stick figures LOL! :laugh:

But wait wait what about the Tekken movie???

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Yeah, but we ain't talking about putting Captain N in, but Simon Belmont, who is a Nintendo-related character from a video game first. XD

Anyway, I'd still prefer Fulgore for a Rare rep myself. But he isn't possible since he's a Shotoclone, although he at best is a mix of multiple characters. Mario's Super Jump Punch(Dragon Punch), Anybody's Laser(his own Laser), and his Teleport(insert name here).
Banjo was a Nintendo-related character from a video game, two of the best games on the N64. Even though M$ bought Rare, I'll always associate their old games with Ninty. I'm not too sure about Fulgore, since he's a character from a fighting game, but if Rare was still with Nintendo, Banjo, Mumbo, Grunty, Conker, and Juno and/or Vela would have been really ideal characters to show up in Smash. Maybe the Battletoads and Sabrewolf too or something. :crying:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Banjo was a Nintendo-related character from a video game, two of the best games on the N64. Even though M$ bought Rare, I'll always associate their old games with Ninty. I'm not too sure about Fulgore, since he's a character from a fighting game, but if Rare was still with Nintendo, Banjo, Mumbo, Grunty, Conker, Juno, and/or Vela would have been really ideal characters to show up in Smash. Maybe the Battletoads and Sabrewolf too or something. :crying:
Hnnnngggh!
Right in the nostalgia

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy, would you still love Diddy Kong if he was known as Donkey Kong Jr. as he was supposed to be?

Probably yeah. As I kinda fell in love with the character at like, age 5 or something. I even used to have arguments with my cousin about who got to play as Diddy when we where playing DKC in multiplayer :laugh: Which is a completely legitimate reason to argue by the way. DKC plays a 1000 x more smooth as Diddy vs playing as Donkey Kong. Still love DK though

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Banjo was a Nintendo-related character from a video game, two of the best games on the N64. Even though M$ bought Rare, I'll always associate their old games with Ninty. I'm not too sure about Fulgore, since he's a character from a fighting game, but if Rare was still with Nintendo, Banjo, Mumbo, Grunty, Conker, and Juno and/or Vela would have been really ideal characters to show up in Smash. Maybe the Battletoads and Sabrewolf too or something. :crying:
Er, I think my point was missed. I prefer Fulgore, but he's shot down even more due to him being a shotoclone. Jago as well. Sabrewulf would be neat, though.

Anyway, I just look at Banjo & Kazooie as a Nintendo/Microsoft thing now. And yeah, their old games were on Nintendo, so there's nothing else to associate them with. :p

@Moon Monkey: It's a quality drop, not a new animation. XD

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Probably yeah. As I kinda fell in love with the character at like, age 5 or something. I even used to have arguments with my cousin about who got to play as Diddy when we where playing DKC in multiplayer :laugh: Which is a completely legitimate reason to argue by the way. DKC plays a 1000 x more smooth as Diddy vs playing as Donkey Kong. Still love DK though
That was me playing DK64 multiplayer at my cousins house when i was little. He had this lame ass rule that you couldn't pick the same characters as other people.
So I was always left with with Tiny or Chunky Kong :glare:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
That was me playing DK64 multiplayer at my cousins house when i was little. He had this lame *** rule that you couldn't pick the same characters as other people.
So I was always left with with Tiny or Chunkey Kong :glare:
Tiny wouldn't have been so bad to play as if she had her newer design though.
It's always more fun when you use the whole gang instead of everyone picking Meta Knight the same character.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
That was me playing DK64 multiplayer at my cousins house when i was little. He had this lame *** rule that you couldn't pick the same characters as other people.
So I was always left with with Tiny or Chunky Kong :glare:
My friend's brothers had the similar rule with melee except it wasn't two people can't use the same character it was "these characters are mine, pick any one of them and you die." So after they claimed all their favorite people we got to pick who we could use out of the handful of leftovers. Though there was a way out, if we beat them in a ditto with the character we wanted they became ours. Oh yeah I forgot to mention they were seven years older than us and we were around 9/10. :glare:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
My friend's brothers had the similar rule with melee except it wasn't two people can't use the same character it was "these characters are mine, pick any one of them and you die." So after they claimed all their favorite people we got to pick who we could use out of the handful of leftovers. Though there was a way out, if we beat them in a ditto with the character we wanted they became ours. Oh yeah I forgot to mention they were seven years older than us and we were around 9/10. :glare:
LOL! Yo!!! :rotfl: The amount of times i've heard that rule! Being a Yoshi main, I rarely had to fight for dominance. There was the occasionally Pikachu and DK dittos.
I remember my friends spent like 30mins doing Marth Dittos ( I didn't care brought my Gamboy SP and was grinding away with my Vibrava trying to get Flygon :laugh: ) we then made up a new rule 1 match for dominance and it can be done once a week.

Mario Kart was the worst! No matter which version it was everyone fought for Toad. (Again me being the Yoshi main that I am went uncontested :awesome:) Except Double Dash I needed Toad/Toadette for his Golden shrooms

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We had a easy sollution amongst my friends: others just played as Yellow or Blue Diddy. :laugh: (The DKC, and DKC2 alternative colors of Diddy)

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Looks interesting, wish I was able to watch it.

The only other anime I really liked was Pokemon. Also the Kirby anime.
Pokemon was epic, especially the first season. I never got to watch the Kirby animation though, how is it? I'm a big fan of Metaknight :grin:, does he have his deep voice from Brawl? Or is he muted?

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
Whenever I got kicked out of the house I never got any acces to internet. Consider yourself blessed.
idk he "found out" i was ******* around with amiben and **** and he's like "what have the drugs done to you?!?!?!" and the whole thing was a hypocritical mess :ssss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom