• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It was one of my first animes as well. However, my first and favorite anime as a child was called "Moka Moka" from where I live. I really don't know what it's called in Japanese unfortunately.

It was perfect :bee:
Looks interesting, wish I was able to watch it.

The only other anime I really liked was Pokemon. Also the Kirby anime.

If he really is restricted to just 3 Pikmin, then Flying Pikmin as his new Up B should be enough as a compensation.
He should use the new Pikmin types in his moveset, not necessarily as part of the one's that he can normally pluck and have follow him around though.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Did anybody else watched that Megaman.EXE anime? That's how I got into Megaman in first place.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Did anybody else watched that Megaman.EXE anime? That's how I got into Megaman in first place.
you got into megaman through the battle network anime? did you ever go back through the history of megaman? you know, his origins on the NES?

oh, theres this really cool game that i still haven't passed... i believe it is the best, most difficult classic megaman fan game out there.
http://megaphilx.com/?page_id=26
a lot of people say to fight comet woman first, but i can't even beat her without her weakness!

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
you got into megaman through the battle network anime? did you ever go back through the history of megaman? you know, his origins on the NES?

oh, theres this really cool game that i still haven't passed... i believe it is the best, most difficult classic megaman fan game out there.
http://megaphilx.com/?page_id=26
a lot of people say to fight comet woman first, but i can't even beat her without her weakness!
Well, I was like a little kid when I saw it and probabily didn't knew how to use the computer to search for Megaman origins lol But of course since then I have searched about Megaman whole story.

D

Deleted member

Secretive? Suspicious? I'm more taciturn than anything. I have no personal interest in whatever quarrel you, the members of MoonKnight & N30NHeels, have with one another. Me and my Spoon Sword go where ever fate takes us. yeahthatsoundslikesomethingcoolyou'dsayinafanfic

You actually DO get a Spoon Sword, have you seen your sketch? You're also a bit of a vigilante kinda like Rorschach.

Also, @ John

I dunno how it might play out, but based on what I have, some of those people will be dead after the timeskip. So don't count your chickens...

Also, I AM planning on drawing a comic out of it yeah. Dunno how long it'll take though. It's also gonna be a serious comic. I might make some side gags here and there, but the idea is to make the main story more "dramatic." Also, if I do go through and make a comic, it'll unlikely be a "fanfic" but a more original idea based on the concepts we have.

Also also, Snake>>>>>>> anyone else Konami, if you disagree, then you.... idk... too tired to think of clever insults.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
You actually DO get a Spoon Sword, have you seen your sketch? You're also a bit of a vigilante kinda like Rorschach.
Now I have the mental image of Rorschach beating the **** out of criminals with a gigantic spoon. Thanks.

D

Deleted member

Now I have the mental image of Rorschach beating the **** out of criminals with a gigantic spoon. Thanks.
If that's Rorschach mixed with The Phantom Limb from the Venture Bros, with a Spoon Sword, then yes.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'd imagine Hoots having a owl motif going on. You, because hoots, and that's supposed to be cleaver. Either that, or make him expy of Blathers.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Timeskip? What are you referring to when you say that Manly? And as for the story, how much are you being let in on, and does that mean your illustrations will be coupled with the writing for the most part (as in, you don't wait for a chapter to be released to start working)?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I disagree, because Snake is the best newcomer in Smash since the original twelve in terms of moveset and gameplay potential, save for maybe the Ice Climbers.

Simon, while awesome and a totally worthy addition somewhere down the line for the franchise, isn't a landscape changer quite like Snake is.
Moveset-wise? Sure. Snake is a decent addition to the roster. Offering a unique play-style and approach to fighting.
When it comes to Snakes's importance and impact in Nintendo's history? No. Compared to Simon, Snake hasn't had that much of a prevalent role on Nintendo systems.

This is why I say Simon is the better choice when comes to representing the history of Nintendo. When asking people about great games on the NES and SNES , Castlevania will be brought up a lot more than MGS.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I'd imagine Hoots having a owl motif going on. You, because hoots, and that's supposed to be cleaver. Either that, or make him expy of Blathers.
So the Nite Owl to ---'s Rorschach?(Get it?)

Also, everyone knows that owl motifs are badass as hell.

D

Deleted member

Timeskip? What are you referring to when you say that Manly? And as for the story, how much are you being let in on, and does that mean your illustrations will be coupled with the writing for the most part (as in, you don't wait for a chapter to be released to start working)?
Well, I wrote a bunch of stuff myself based on some ideas I had floating around, which yes, include a timeskip where a ton of characters get development. It happens after my character's death which is one of the big turning points in the series. Yes, this means most surviving characters get post-timeskip redesigns that are more "mature." From my perspective this is better as it also allows for a more fluid introduction for characters that didn't get a big role in the first 3 arcs. Also, for those who know him, in what I wrote my brother is in the story as well.

There's much more going on I won't say. I ran it by Opossum to see what he liked and planned on taking, whether this is part of the canon or not depends on him and Corph. This is all stuff that I wrote, nothing to do with what Opossum have planned (I honestly have no idea what they are cooking), so it might just be empty talk...

As for my illustrations, that depends on what Corph and Opossum do.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Moveset-wise? Sure. Snake is a decent addition to the roster. Offering a unique play-style and approach to fighting.
And that is the most important thing IMO bar none in terms of characters. Snake changed the smash character landscape, not because he was a 3rd party character, but because he was truly unlike any character we have ever seen before.
This is why I say Simon is the better choice when comes to representing the history of Nintendo. When asking people about great games on the NES and SNES , Castlevania will be brought up a lot more than MGS.
We play as characters, not representatives. If you want to play as an emblem or symbol or logo, then support those.

And even if we're talking about sales, Castlevania doesn't draw a new, fresh, and different crowd like Metal Gear does.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
And that is the most important thing IMO bar none in terms of characters.
Movesets, for the most part, are derived from these franchise that make up the cast of Smash Bros. Without the source material, all of these characters would be familiar in face, but generic in movesets.
Characters are unique and special, because of their moves and mechanics which, for the most part, are pulled from the games they're from. It's the characters/franchises that make Smash great, not the movesets.

I'm not sure if this is what your getting at, but If being competitively viable was important for a characters addition, Sakurai would close the door characters like Ryu and other fighting game characters whose movesets have been tweaked for 20+ years.
We play as characters, not representatives. If you want to play as an emblem or symbol or logo, then support those.
Yes, we play characters, and in Smashes case, as defined by Sakurai post-E3, we play characters that have played a intrical part in Nintendo's history. And compared to Simon and other 3rd party characters, Snake hasn't really been associated nowadays.
And even if we're talking about sales, Castlevania doesn't draw a new, fresh, and different crowd like Metal Gear does.
I'm not really focusing on sales, because most of these well-known Nintendo associated characters have done well in their respective primes. While it is good to spread the appeal to to appeal to newer audiences, I don't think adding Snake for the sake of bringing in new people is really direction of of smash. Demographics don't matter, otherwise why would Wii Fit Trainer be a newcomer???

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
One becomes accustomed to such things though. Reading and writing it out made me a bit dizzy though, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom