• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My homie DK looking elegant as ever! Looking like a swan in a ice skating competition.
Damn that fur looks good! Did I mention that i love DK's fur???

@KingOfPhantoms47: Pretty much. @Deathconsciousness: If you feel like posting random crap, better to not do so. Be tangibly related whenever you post. It doesn't have to be super on-topic, but it needs to still be mostly about Smash. Also, you can tell that a few off-topic posts aren't too big of a deal to the Moderation, but overdoing it, well...

Also, I did tell people before we had to still keep the spam to a beyond minimum and mostly being on-topic. So, I told you so. :smirk:

Deathconsciousness

Banned via Administration
lmao hard to stay on "topic" when the "topic" changes literally every 5-10 minutes, and your posts get buried quickly anyway. censoring the internet is pretty lame imo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
lmao hard to stay on "topic" when the "topic" changes literally every 5-10 minutes, and your posts get buried quickly anyway. censoring the internet is pretty lame imo.
The Topic is Smash Bros. Doesn't matter what subject. You can post something different or quote something else on your own. Really, no, it's not hard at all.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My mind's currently on that Reset Bomb Forest stage photo, just wondering how it'll play... and of course more Pit (and Palutena again), wondering if Anthony Del Rio will be voicing Pit this time instead of Brawl's repulsive Pit voice, and if Pit will have even more new moves that aren't his specials.
Although I feel that Bowser needs more attention for bit as I want to see more of his new moves as well. To me, he has changed the most (can run, currently has 3 new moves).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This, even though there's less than 15 minutes to go. Drugged with enough pills/tranquilizers to knock out KumaChance.

I was already knocked out at the time of that post.

Starting colegio today, and kinda want to pretend to take it seriously. So I'll be on significantly less during my normal time.
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA! Good luck with that!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm hoping Yoshi will get an overhaul like Bowser and Pit did.

For starters, how about giving him a real recovery?
I don't mind Yoshi having a double-jump recovery. Not only the fact that it makes him unique, but the super armor he gets from it helps out a lot in certain match ups.
Yoshi does need work though, his side special can be improved, he needs to be able to jump out of shield and his up special should be analog based as it was in Melee

per-defined spots suck!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't mind Yoshi having a double-jump recovery. Not only the fact that it makes him unique, but the super armor he gets from it helps out a lot in certain match ups.
Yoshi does need work though, his side special can be improved, his up special should be analog based as it was in Melee and he needs to be able to jump out of shield.
I think his egg throw should work more like in the Yoshi games.

With an aiming system, and the egg can bounce off walls.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I'm hoping Yoshi will get an overhaul like Bowser and Pit did.

For starters, how about giving him a real recovery?
They kinda tried in Brawl,each egg thrown made him do a short hop in the air.
I don't think he needs more recovery,he doesn't deserve it I think,his double jump is awesome in many ways,just like how Jigglypuff doesn't have a recovery because she has 5 jumps and she's supposed to have a good DI.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think his egg throw should work more like in the Yoshi games.

With an aiming system, and the egg can bounce off walls.
So you mean kind of like Olimar, but instead Yoshi will have eggs following him for throwing?
hmm.. that sounds interesting.

That woud kid of make Yoshi quite the zoner, if a Yoshi main could master the egg throw, ricocheting eggs off the floor and walls.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
They kinda tried in Brawl,each egg thrown made him do a short hop in the air.
I don't think he needs more recovery,he doesn't deserve it I think,his double jump is awesome in many ways,just like how Jigglypuff doesn't have a recovery because she has 5 jumps and she's supposed to have a good DI.
That was the closest Yoshi ever had for a special move recovery.

Also, Peach's leviation needs nerfing. You could start levitating right after your first jump in Brawl, but in Melee you had to wait for her to finish her second jump. I didn't like how easy it was to setup in Brawl.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So you mean kind of like Olimar, but instead Yoshi will have eggs following him for throwing?
hmm.. that sounds interesting.

That woud kid of make Yoshi quite the zoner, if a Yoshi main could master the egg throw, ricocheting eggs off the floor and walls.
Not necessarily on the following eggs part, but I like that part of the idea so long as some of his other attacks aren't too powerful.

With a projectile like that, most of his other attacks shouldn't be easy to K.O. with.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Also, Peach's leviation needs nerfing. You could start levitating right after your first jump in Brawl, but in Melee you had to wait for her to finish her second jump. I didn't like how easy it was to setup in Brawl.
I've noticed many recoveries were overpowered in Brawl. Unless you're named Link. :mad: (and I don't mean Toon Link)

And yeah, I like that he had a recovery buff, which the poor guy needed. I like the idea of the zoning stuff. In addition, while in the air, he could have an identical Brawl recovery, but when on the ground, he should be able to aim as well as 64/Melee. Nerfing the aiming seemed unnecessary when Yoshi was kind of mediocre overall anyway.

...Of course, Mario actually got watered down quite badly in Brawl. He was always a nice mid tier character in 64 and Melee, easy to work with. Brawl's F.L.U.D.D. was not very easy to use at all, and made him a Skill Gate character, but unfortunately, his skill was as good as a blowfish.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord

Does it really change much?In the end it's always jump,double jump,float.
Shouldn't it always be the same result?
Also,correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't her double jump nerfed in Brawl anyway?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've noticed many recoveries were overpowered in Brawl. Unless you're named Link. :mad: (and I don't mean Toon Link)

And yeah, I like that he had a recovery buff, which the poor guy needed. I like the idea of the zoning stuff. In addition, while in the air, he could have an identical Brawl recovery, but when on the ground, he should be able to aim as well as 64/Melee. Nerfing the aiming seemed unnecessary when Yoshi was kind of mediocre overall anyway.

...Of course, Mario actually got watered down quite badly in Brawl. He was always a nice mid tier character in 64 and Melee, easy to work with. Brawl's F.L.U.D.D. was not very easy to use at all, and made him a Skill Gate character, but unfortunately, his skill was as good as a blowfish.
Yes, Link's recovery was cursed in Brawl.

His U-special should work as a recovery, and much simpler than when he is on the ground.

I personally find Mario easy to work with in Melee and Brawl, but that's just me.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Peach has always been able to do that.

Speaking of Olimar, assuming he's been nerfed to three Pikmin, what do you think this means for him? What will he be compensated with?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Does it really change much?In the end it's always jump,double jump,float.
Shouldn't it always be the same result?
Also,correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't her double jump nerfed in Brawl anyway?
It's much easier and faster to execute the levitation in Brawl.

In Melee you have to wait until her second jump, which is a bit different than her second jump in Brawl, to finish for her to levitate.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Speaking of Olimar, assuming he's been nerfed to three Pikmin, what do you think this means for him? What will he be compensated with?
I could have sworn Peach's levitation couldn't be used as quickly and easily in Melee than in Brawl.

If Olimar's moves are unchanged, including their physics, then the only thing that may weigh him down is having less Pikmin to rely on, he'll have to pluck more if someone manages to kill them rather than having a few extras.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
MK was the most evil recovery, with them 5 jumps, a glide, and each of his B moves can be used as a recovery, with Up-B having an instant glide after too... Nearly impossible to gimp at all.
Then ROB in a sense unless you can keep him at bay for a while. Pit does have great distance unless you hit him out of Up-B... *sadface*, and well, you're right. Too many OP'd brawl recoveries. Sucks for Link and Ivysaur though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, if I recall, all you had to do was tap down during a jump at any height and then hold up/jump. Peach can float at any height and it's vital for Peach players.

My concern is Olimar's recovery unless it's been replaced altogether. But yes, it looks like Olimar's going to have to be more selective about his use of Pikmin.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, Link's recovery was cursed in Brawl.

His U-special should work as a recovery, and much simpler than when he is on the ground.

I personally find Mario easy to work with in Melee and Brawl, but that's just me.
I think Mario is fine in Melee, but I couldn't find him remotely usable in Brawl.

And Link always had a bad recovery anyway. I was somewhat joking, since it never got better. Of course, he's weighed down by having tons of stuff in his pockets... which justifies his weak jump and recovery.(even if it's a stupid justification)

Yeah, that's all Yoshi needs. Not sure if they should change up his Egg Roll, though. Also, allow him to jump out of his shield. That was ludicrous. I think it was because he was actually inside something, not simply just "raising" a shield like the rest. Speaking of, it'd be cool that if Child Link had a Mirror Shield that could reflect stuff, but I'd only keep it similar to how he can sometimes block things with his shield. IMO, it'd only work on pure energy projectiles. And it'd only happen sometimes, at the same possibility he could block a projectile.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, if I recall, all you had to do was tap down during a jump at any height and then hold up/jump. Peach can float at any height and it's vital for Peach players.

My concern is Olimar's recovery unless it's been replaced altogether. But yes, it looks like Olimar's going to have to be more selective about his use of Pikmin.
Olimar's recovery would be an issue, though, he must have a new recovery if he's been nerfed to 3 Pikmin. It'd be ridculous for him to only have a maximum of 3 in Pikmin Chain.

I'm hoping the Winged Pikmin may help him out there, personally.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
MK was the most evil recovery, with them 5 jumps, a glide, and each of his B moves can be used as a recovery, with Up-B having an instant glide after too... Nearly impossible to gimp at all.
Then ROB in a sense unless you can keep him at bay for a while. Pit does have great distance unless you hit him out of Up-B... *sadface*, and well, you're right. Too many OP'd brawl recoveries. Sucks for Link and Ivysaur though.
Meta Knight's recovery options were about as overpowered as his attacks.

His U-special should be his only recovery, or at least remove the recovery options for his D and F specials and nerf his N-special a bit.

Ivysaur would probably have the worst recovery in Brawl overall.

Vertical height-wise, I'd have to say DK has the worst recovery.

Horizontal length-wise, I'd say Sheik would have the worst recovery.

Link's recovery should really be buffed.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Olimar's recovery would be an issue, though, he must have a new recovery if he's been nerfed to 3 Pikmin. It'd be ridculous for him to only have a maximum of 3 in Pikmin Chain.

I'm hoping the Winged Pikmin may help him out there, personally.
Yeah, that's what I had in mind 2 Winged Pikmin pik him up by his shoulders and the recovery would function very similar to R.O.B's; Where the Pikmin will increase his altitude on input, until said timer runs out, they can be exhausted and drop him.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, that's what I had in mind 2 Winged Pikmin pik him up by his shoulders and the recovery would function very similar to R.O.B's; Where the Pikmin will increase his altitude on input, until said timer runs out, they can be exhausted and drop him.
I'm hoping the Rock Pikmin will be in his moveset in some way as well, maybe for a spike or a meteor smash, if not part of his regular Pikmin that can be plucked.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Thank you for reminding me to do my morning exercises, Sakurai.
**** this eclair frosting keeps getting in my mustache.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I can't exactly grow a mustache. Heck growing a beard is still impossible since its never thick enough.

I wonder if certain Pikmin are used for certain attacks. That's change a lot and arguably reduce his learning curve.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I could have sworn Peach's levitation couldn't be used as quickly and easily in Melee than in Brawl.

If Olimar's moves are unchanged, including their physics, then the only thing that may weigh him down is having less Pikmin to rely on, he'll have to pluck more if someone manages to kill them rather than having a few extras.
Nope http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCi5sLn0Bcg

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

If he really is restricted to just 3 Pikmin, then Flying Pikmin as his new Up B should be enough as a compensation.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Ganondorf has the worst recovery actually.

You can literally buffer an aerial out of his "hitstun" and punish him for landing his recovery on you. (His Up-B that is)

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
MK just really needs to toned down in some areas.
His ground Shuttle Loop should be given a helpless state. Its bad enough he gets a free pass even when its perfect shielded and invincibility frames making it almost impossible for characters to punish him, he also has the airborne version which kills at such ridiculously low percents, should have significantly less knockback, its just beyond stupid in Brawl.

His Transcendent priority should be gone, not hard to see how big of a problem it is. (For those who don't know what transcendent priority does it completely ignores basic priority moves and cannot be cancelled or clashed with other hitboxes, which for some dumbass reason MK has this... on ALL of his sword attacks.)

His Drill Rush shouldn't have as much travel distance as it does in Brawl along with his little hop thing after the move, he should simply just fall. Give him less jumps, 4 or even 3 jumps but the latter one would be more preferable, and Tornado well... you've all experienced it soooo...*shrugs* =P

@KingofPhantoms
Falcon's recovery is pretty bad too.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Olimar's recovery won't be that bad I think because the tether grab Melee system will return, which obviously will help Olimar out quite a bit. What is more important than helping Olimar is helping Link, who needs some extreme help with his recovery, especially since it doesn't appear much better (I remain hopeful).
Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Bowser also had God awful recoveries, and Ness (aka a Melee bottom tier) and Lucas (to a degree) had terrible recoveries; thanks a ton Game Arts for making 6 of the worst characters in the games in regards to all aspects sans recovery also have bad recoveries!!!! :mad:
Mario was trash in Brawl, and his freaking recovery was turrible. Even without his turrible recovery Mario was pretty bad, and Game Arts just made him worse.

That is why now that Super has quit playing Brawl for Melee and Project M that a Mario will likely never place that well in a large Brawl tournament ever again.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I used to watch this as well. It was the first anime I ever truly liked.
It was one of my first animes as well. However, my first and favorite anime as a child was called "Moka Moka" from where I live. I really don't know what it's called in Japanese unfortunately.

It was perfect :bee:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Meta Knight can keep his good recovery, so long as he either stops flying, his moves all do like 1/8th of the damage they do now, and he doesn't get a spike.

As for ROB, eh, just make him less campy, and more of either an offensive, defensive, or counter-attacking specialist. His recovery can stay really good.
Empty your browser's cache.
Empty your bowser's cash. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom