• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I see.

I think Tetris B would have fitted Delfino Plaza stage, maybe.
Now that I think of it... yeah, it would fit.

Did you know that the Castle / Boss Fortress song was originally intended for Delfino Plaza instead of Luigi's Mansion?
[collapse="DOJO!! screenshot"]
[/collapse]

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Jeez! Talk about unfitting, I'm glad they picked up on that one. Granted, the only songs I had playing on Delfino were Plaza and Ricco Harbor and SMW, since I couldn't stand the NSMB theme. (It plays EVERYWHERE IN THE GAME. GAH!)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Did you know that the Castle / Boss Fortress song was originally intended for Delfino Plaza instead of Luigi's Mansion?
[/collapse]
Of course they thought that would of been unfitting, but oh no Forest/Nature Area on Halberd makes a ton of sense.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Of course they thought that would of been unfitting, but oh no Forest/Nature Area on Halberd makes a ton of sense.
Forest / Nature Area would've been better in Green Greens, actually.

I find it strange that only Temple was the only Melee stage getting a song not from Melee. Sakurai's post on the Dojo implied they would make more tracks for the Melee stage, which, when the full song list was revealed, disappointed me greatly.

Sakurai said:
In general, the Melee stages have the same background music as in the last game, but we’ve also prepared some tracks like this.
I didn't know plural was used to quantify ONE thing... >_>

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Come to think of it, Halberd was the only new Kirby stage, wasn't it? Not putting Forest/Nature Area on Green Greens is really weird, for serious. Why didn't they introduce a second Kirby stage, one that was bright and sunny for all that music?

Oh, and don't get me started on DK stages in Brawl. I know stages like to be both relevant AND retro, but god we got like the worst possible choices. (Maybe it's my extreme dislike of the DK Arcade game as compared to the Country games...)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I like most of Brawl's music, and I don't really have any songs that stick out as favourites.

As for songs I didn't like, I HATE the Tal Tal Heights remix. I also hate how they got lazy and just remixed the main theme for everything...

Edit: I also think it would've been cool if they put more songs on the Melee stages.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Still on the music subject, did you know that six of the 39 composers of Brawl worked on Kid Icarus: Uprising, also made by Sakurai?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Lol!!!!!!! The DK stages were the worst!
75mm is simply unplayable.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The latter is just TOO BIG! (like Ridley. :troll:)
That stage is so big it would be about as big as battlefield for Ridley. :troll:

Now that I think of it... yeah, it would fit.

[/collapse]
Perhaps they hadn't finished yet working on the Luigi's Mansion stage at the time of that update and then later on decided to move that song over to that stage once it was completed maybe? Who knows, really... :/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They should've made a modern day Arcade stage with the quality that Mushroomy Kingdom had.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Sorry. I just don't care all that much for it. Link's Awakening is my favourite 2D Zelda and the Tal Tal Mountain Range theme is my favourite song in the game, and the remix in Brawl sounds nothing like the original.

If it had just been labelled as a remix of the overworld theme, I'd probably like it more.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sorry. I just don't care all that much for it. Link's Awakening is my favourite 2D Zelda and the Tal Tal Mountain Range theme is my favourite song in the game, and the remix in Brawl sounds nothing like the original.

If it had just been labelled as a remix of the overworld theme, I'd probably like it more.
Yeah, the Tal Tal Heights Brawl remix is actually an overworld theme mix with a bit of Tal Tal Heights. Wrongly labelled song.

Kid Icarus' Skyworld song is also mislabeled as it is a remix of the Overworld theme, not Skyworld. This was a mistranslation, whereas the above case wasn't.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I still say having Tekken's Tekken Tunes combined with Brawl's My Music would be the greatest thing ever. If there's one complaint I have about Tekken Tunes, it's that I can't let it randomly select from a set of songs to play on the stage. Just to give some examples, here's what I'd have for two of my favorite stages in that game:

[collapse="Winter Snow Palace"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Dusk After the Rain"]
[/collapse]
[collapse="Heavenly Garden"]
^ And it's highly unlikely we'll hear the commercial music in Smash 4. It wasn't used in the Japanese commercials.
^ Didn't see that one coming, did you?
[/collapse]

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Still on the music subject, did you know that six of the 39 composers of Brawl worked on Kid Icarus: Uprising, also made by Sakurai?
Yes! That first boss theme is amazing, and I can't wait to hear it in Smash!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yes! That first boss theme is amazing, and I can't wait to hear it in Smash!
Most of Uprising's soundtrack was amazing. You know what? I would like if those same six composers returned for Smash 4.

In fact, one of the six composers I mentioned is Motoi Sakuraba, known for his work on the Tales series, Golden Sun series, Mario Golf / Tennis series and Dark Souls. He did the Gourmet Race Brawl remix and composed Dark Pit's Theme in Uprising.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If Snake is in Smash 4 and we don't get a Zanzibar Breeze remix of some sort I will be very upset.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My hopes are the following:

- Mario Galaxy song use. Lots of it. That shiz is amazing.
- Uprising music. Infact, add at least 5 songs; maybe more. So many good choices.
- Better DK stage choices and music choices. Include ALL the K. Rool boss music, and some of the better choices from DKC2 and 3, as well as Returns music.
- Pretty much any of the battle music from Awakening. That game is pure magic, I swear.
- Punch-Out!'s main theme is a must. On a Punch-Out! stage.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
From what I've heard in the FE:A demo, I was very satisfied with the soundtrack. I believe I will enjoy it when I buy the full version later this week.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Better yet, why not just a FE stage that's just the beach. With Chrom and Tharja and [SPOILERS] as characters in the background. With swimsuits. Nobody wants Chrom playable anyway. :troll:

@ Habanero Better than environmental noises from Pikmin...
It won't let me like this more than once. :(

Seriously. They left the Forest Navel theme out, and went with THAT? WHY?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Despite being very calm, I would love this theme in Smash 4:

Skyward Sword is another game with many songs I'd like in Smash 4.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Better yet, why not just a FE stage that's just the beach. With Chrom and Tharja and [SPOILERS] as characters in the background. With swimsuits. Nobody wants Chrom playable anyway. :troll:
Why does everyone forget Marth when we talk about ladies? :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Habanero Better than environmental noises from Pikmin...
It won't let me like this more than once. :(

Seriously. They left the Forest Navel theme out, and went with THAT? WHY?
They should have made that track as a looping sound for the Distant Planet stage, like the water flow sound from Jungle Japes for example.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I totally forgot about Skyward Sword music! Dude! Ancient Cistern all the way! I LOVE that theme, and that dungeon. So much chill music in that game in general.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Despite being very calm, I would love this theme in Smash 4:
Skyward Sword is another game with many songs I'd like in Smash 4.
Definitely need to put this on Tekken's Moonlit Wilderness stage.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh man, I LOVE the SSB series music. So much that I've downloaded the entire soundtrack of all 3 games totaling to 391 songs, including fanfares and jingles (I know I'm missing Brawl's Starman theme and Brawl's How to Play music but I can't find those anywhere.) Right now the only Brawl song I can think of that I despised is Luigi's Mansion. They went too overboard on that

As for songs I want:
Miror B. Battle - Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness Music
Chamion Lance/Pokémon Trainer Red Battle - Pokémon: HeartGold/SoulSilver
The Forest Navel - Pikmin
DK Cup - Mario Kart Arcade GP
Greenhorn Forest - Wario World
Team Plasma Battle - Pokémon: Black/White
Main Theme - Punch-Out!! (2009)
Sand Canyon 1 - Kirby's Dream Land 3
Vs. Katina - Star Fox: Assault
Boss Battle - Learn with Pokémon: Typing Adventure
Waluigi Pinball - Mario Sports Mix
Funky's Armory - Donkey Kong 64
Main Menu - Mario Superstar Baseball

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
@ WarioBros

I think I love ALL of those choices. Especially the Punch-Out! Wii theme. If that's not in, I'll be very, VERY sad. One thing I'd also recommend adding is:

Champion Theme - B/W 2

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This music, 'nuff said.

Probably my favorite track of Skyward Sword. Loved the desert area of this game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I thought of some more I'm dying to see.

Diddy Kong Racing tracks. The 2007 DS release MIGHT be enough to get the series some music. Plus, it's not owned by Rare, but I believe by David Wise himself or even Nintendo. (Considering Kirkhope owns the rights to the Banjo-Kazooie music, this wouldn't surprise me)

Anyway! My top picks are (It was REALLY hard to do this. I've listened to the whole OST on loop before...) So much love.

Title Theme
Hot-Top Volcano
T.T. Theme
Wizpig Race
Boss Theme
Jungle Falls
Darkmoon Caverns/Credits
Pirate Lagoon

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Aside from the Gate of Time and Follow Fi themes, the one song that I always find myself humming:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Both Tetris A and B were in Luigi's Mansion. Tetris A gave a haunted vibe, while Tetris B was... quirky, yet didn't sound bad to me, even on Luigi's Mansion.

Edit: Double ninja'd. :laugh:
I'm sure everyone here has seen that ART of all the Smash characters having a big dinner party in Luigi's Mansion. I imagine Tetris B playing to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom