• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm surprised no one talked about reinventing Mario series. Especially the NSMB sub-series.

On pokémon, I want them to be more exploration based. An increase in the number of optional Side quests (like Majora's Mask) would be welcome.

On Zelda, a bit more action oriented, an option for not using motion controls if you want.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zelda needs more exploration like in A Link To The Past. Imagine Twilight Princess' Hyrule full with secret caves, new location behind the mountains, BEING ABLE TO ACTUALLY GET LOST. You know, real adventure ****.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I don't Like "realistic" pokemons, but i wouldn't really have problem with something more like this:

Source: Link

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Habanero & Diddy: YEES. The Secret Bases.

I hated those with holes though. My childhood went down the drain when I heard you can use those board things to fill them. (-;<>;-)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yea, Zelda and Pokemon need some more meat on them when its comes to side-quests and exploration, with Zelda being somewhat easy to beat, I want an exploration adventure like Skyrim, with a big world and lots to explore, Pokemon needs Side-Quests to keep people playing even longer and longer, also that Blastiose is hardcore.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't think Pokemon needs a lot of side quests in it, like something on par with Xenoblade (aka Side Quest: The Game). Post story mode, I usually go for the Battle Frontier equivalent to spend my time doing the varies challenges with whatever rules are provided.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zelda needs work. But honestly, it's a simple thing fixing Zelda.

-Make sidequest like in Majora's Mask.
-Have great item balance as in Skyward Sword and Wind Waker
-Great, big overworld with lot's to explore. Aka, mix the 3D 'exploration' of Skyward Sword with the amount of actual exploration in Wind Waker, and in a huge overworld like in Twilight Princess.
-Keep the customation / upgrading of items the same as in Skyward Sword.
-SECRET SWORD TECHNIQUES! Like, holy **** I missed them in Skyward Sword...
-Lot's of challenging dungeons like Ocarina of Time
-Exploration and harder battles as in the 2D Zeldas. Most noticeably: Zelda NES and Link to the Past.

So what I'm basically saying: I hope they take their time with Zelda Wii U. Like, I wouldn't mind waiting 2~3 more years for it.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366

-Great, big overworld with lot's to explore. Aka, mix the 3D 'exploration' of Skyward Sword with the amount of actual exploration in Wind Waker, and in a huge overworld like in Twilight Princess.
-Exploration and harder battles as in the 2D Zeldas. Most noticeably: Zelda NES and Link to the Past.

So what I'm basically saying: I hope they take their time with Zelda Wii U. Like, I wouldn't mind waiting 2~3 more years for it.
Just like I said earlier, they don't need to reinvent just improve what they've already have.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I don't think Pokemon needs a lot of side quests in it, like something on par with Xenoblade (aka Side Quest: The Game). Post story mode, I usually go for the Battle Frontier equivalent to spend my time doing the varies challenges with whatever rules are provided.
Yea but back in Diamond and Pearl, I hated the Battle Frontier, I thought it was useless, because it didn't level up my team, so when Black and White 2 came out, I was excited for the White Treehollow and Black Skyscraper, cause you can level up from that. I think they need something more than that post-game, something you feel that matters and is your duty to do.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

-Also optional dungeons
-Better rewards in overworld rather than heart-containers and rupees like in Skyward Sword with the medals.
-Have much harder battles if using the motion control sword, I was really bored with the enemies in skyward sword.
-Please no tears of light vessel like in Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess
-Have the hugest overworld in Zelda History, including large bodies of water, tons of mountains, dense forests, awesome plains, etc.
-unique upgrades like homing arrows for the bow or even-longer longshot, etc.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The difficulty in Skyward Sword Hero Mode felt just right. I hope they'll continue with this.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The difficulty in Skyward Sword Hero Mode felt just right. I hope they'll continue with this.
Sadly though, you may laugh on this, I been stuck on the Volcano vessel of light thing forever, and that is why I hate it, at least the wolf one in twilight princess wasn't as annoying.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

The only thing I hated about SS was the hand holding...I felt like I was being underestimated. All the objectives were the opposite of cryptic. That and the tad-tones other than that everything was pretty good.

I dunno, I would like to see another monster collecting game like Pokemon, where it's very much about the environments and habitats and stuff, where the mons are based off animals, and folklore and legends.
Ni no Kuni is a good start.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
[collapse= Double Post]

the only thing I hated about SS was the hand holding...I felt like I was being underestimated. All the objectives were the opposite of cryptic.

I dunno, I would like to see another monster collecting game like Pokemon, where it's very much about the environments and habitats and stuff, where the mons are based off animals, and folklore and legends.
Ni no Kuni is a good start.
[/collapse]

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So I've listened to Melee's soundtrack, and I dunno really, but I think I might like it more than Brawl's to some degree.

Maybe because it had mostly one style that was grand: orchestration or some great rock-music stuff. Still, the "feel" and the theme on those tunes were mostly kept the same from song to song. I mean, I can easily tell that some songs in Brawl fall short compared to others.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So I've listened to Melee's soundtrack, and I dunno really, but I think I might like it more than Brawl's to some degree.

Maybe because it had mostly one style that was grand: orchestration or some great rock-music stuff. Still, the "feel" and the theme on those tunes were mostly kept the same from song to song. I mean, I can easily tell that some songs in Brawl fall short compared to others.
Well now, c'mon... Brawl has one of the best soundtrack ever in a videogame. Not a surprise since it's a collection of some of the best soundtracks of the best games of all time. Melee one was good, very good, but better than Brawl? I don't really think so.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Melee's music went for consistency, while Brawl's one inclined towards variety.

Though personally I prefer Brawl's soundtrack.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
One minor thing in SS I that annoyed me were the Life medals, I was ok with most other medals. But those was just like: "You can't have those two last hearts without using 1/4 of your Inventory".

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Sometimes I hated some the edited versions of the songs in Brawl, especially "The Dark World" from Link to the Past it sounded terrible compared to the actual version, others were ok, how they edited Mother 3 Love Theme, was kinda bad, but redeemed it self near the end of the song.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Norfair's remix in Brawl is the only remix in a smash game I don't like.

The song just sounds so grating.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Norfair's remix in Brawl is the only remix in a smash game I don't like.

The song just sounds so grating.
I actually liked that song and is one of my favorites from the entire OST.

I can't really pick some favorite songs from Brawl, as I like a lot of them.

The Ridley theme remix was fantastic, Hidden Mountain & Forest is another of my favorites. Victory Road and Gourmet Race are pure awesomeness.
Not to mention all the songs that remained in their original versions, such as Gerudo Valley.

It will be hard to top Brawl's soundtrack, in my opinion.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm actually looking pretty forward to the soundtrack of smash 4. I also enjoyed the massive soundtrack of Brawl so I'm interested to hear what new songs would make it in this time.

I wonder what the new main theme of smash 4 is like too.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hopefully they'll give us a taste of it in the trailer, like they did with Brawl's. I can't wait!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My personal favourites form Brawl's soundtrack are King Dedede's theme and Tal Tal heights. The next ones are Go! K.K. Rider, Lip's theme (PdP), Smashing Song of Praise,...the list goes awn and awn. Misspelling intentional.

I'm looking forward to SSB4's soundtrack and in particular, its art style.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well I just wish they don't do TOO much variety. I think I like Melee's soundtrack as much as Brawls still due being consistent with a theme and so on. Well I dunno, I guess just to make sure every song sounds epic and great to listen.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I like Brawl's soundtrack good enough, but I will say that some of the songs felt kind of half assed, like the ones that are directly ported (Sonic related songs are in particular guilty of this). But I will say that the diversity is still appreciated, because it's a nice cosmetic touch that prevents stages from becoming too repetitive.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I didn't care for the Pictochat music selections at all, or Tetris B's inclusion.

However, I expect them to deliver. They have both Galaxy soundtracks to work with, and years and years of classic songs that didn't make it to Brawl.

Dude, Mega Man's inclusion alone means tons of awesome music.

D

Deleted member

Break the Targets was such an awesome song in Melee.

I love this remix here, I wish we had seen that song redone in Brawl.

Though it could never be as good as this remix... It's my current intro song for P:M.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My personal favourites form Brawl's soundtrack are King Dedede's theme and Tal Tal heights. The next ones are Go! K.K. Rider, Lip's theme (PdP), Smashing Song of Praise,...the list goes awn and awn. Misspelling intentional.

I'm looking forward to SSB4's soundtrack and in particular, its art style.
My all time favorite was Stickerbrush Symphony. Was extremely happy to see it making Brawl. But Brawl had quite good music anyway. Just some where not very fitting with the stages.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Forest/Nature Area on Halberd in a nutshell.
Aw man, such a bad choice on their part! Also in this category (Everyone should totally list their "most unfitting music selections)

Storm Hill on Rumble Falls
Tetris B on Luigi's Mansion (Whyyy?)
Humoresque on New Pork (Why not put this in Onett?)
Village of the Blue Maiden on Pirate Ship.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Im not saying I hated it all from before, but i felt some remixes were bad, I did like how they did Unfounded Revenge though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Aw man, such a bad choice on their part! Also in this category (Everyone should totally list their "most unfitting music selections)

Storm Hill on Rumble Falls
Tetris B on Luigi's Mansion (Whyyy?)
Humoresque on New Pork (Why not put this in Onett?)
Village of the Blue Maiden on Pirate Ship.
I think Battle for Storm Hill fits Rumble Fall's gameplay. It kinda gave tension to the stage, especially in during sped up times.

The others I kinda agree. Even with unfitting songs, I never turned off songs in My Music, although such songs have lowered chance in my game's config.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I suppose. I did have Tetris B turned off, though. I don't know what it is, but I just hate that one so much! I've tried giving it so many chances. Gah.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
IIRC, it was tetris 'A'. Well, even that is a bit unfitting.
They were both on there. I would've preferred more LM songs, but Tetris A sounded OK to me. Tetris B was like "Whaaaaa?"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
IIRC, it was tetris 'A'. Well, even that is a bit unfitting.
Both Tetris A and B were in Luigi's Mansion. Tetris A gave a haunted vibe, while Tetris B was... quirky, yet didn't sound bad to me, even on Luigi's Mansion.

Edit: Double ninja'd. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom