• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Blog Updates | NEWEST: Ditto

Durnt

Smash Cadet
This is entirely off topic but I want a Mystery Dungeon Anime not worthless trainer person guy thing that gets unique pokemon only to end up losing due to "Hmm this thing is super effective to mine wotever imma win cause of plots!" *some pokemon leagues later* "Welp at least i tried to the next region!!" =D

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
This is entirely off topic but I want a Mystery Dungeon Anime not worthless trainer person guy thing that gets unique pokemon only to end up losing due to "Hmm this thing is super effective to mine wotever imma win cause of plots!" *some pokemon leagues later* "Welp at least i tried to the next region!!" =D
Rhydon is weak to thunderbolt

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Sakurai wasn't kidding when he said Mega Man and Fire Emblem were popular among the composers
  2. I have zero problem with that, Flash Man stage sounds great

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
On some way it is strange to me. Cloud has as series Emblem this FF not this blue ball from FF7 logo. This could meaning, it is not impossible that it could be more FF reps. But on the fighter page sorted by series the website uses the FF 7 Logo.
Any thoughts to it?

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
On some way it is strange to me. Cloud has as series Emblem this FF not this blue ball from FF7 logo. This could meaning, it is not impossible that it could be more FF reps. But on the fighter page sorted by series the website uses the FF 7 Logo.
Any thoughts to it?
Logo represents little. There is a Tomodachi Life logo for a single piece of music and I don't see fighters coming from that series as they are essentially miis and we have Mii Fighter. But this is Sakurai we're talking about.

Another thing, it's difficult to imagine Square letting the Smash team have more of their money cows when they already have a FF fighting game being developed.

coolmancool

Smash Cadet
Tomodachi has a logo because it got a stage. Only series with characters or stages got those.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We got Palutena today!

"With her wings and staff, this goddess's attacks cover a wide range. With her up smash, neutral special, and side special, she can create a ranged attack in almost every direction except for directly beneath her! Keep the pressure on your opponents from a distance with ranged attacks!"

Granted, no new information about her, but at least she finally showed up, and on a Friday (well, Thursday for me, but I can treat it as "end of the week"). Now my eyes have to be on watch for a while for something else.
Also found it interesting that she and Pit both had a Friday as their day on the blog.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
This is just a though, but do the fighters who haven't appeared on the blog yet have a smaller chance of getting echos?
I figured that they wouldn't put an echo fighter relatively close to the fighter they echo... (Simon and Richter don't count)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
This is just a though, but do the fighters who haven't appeared on the blog yet have a smaller chance of getting echos?
I figured that they wouldn't put an echo fighter relatively close to the fighter they echo... (Simon and Richter don't count)
Characters shown on the website after September 12th have no chance of getting an echo in the base game.

Incidentally, characters shown on the website before September 12th also have no chance of getting an echo in the base game.

So, you're not wrong!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Nice to see the thread wasn't updated with Palutena at the time... *pouts*

That aside, here's something new! And it's Luigi day.

"He can jump higher than his brother, Mario. His Up Special, Super Jump Punch, will gain maximum damage and launching power when hitting the opponent right at the start. It truly is a "Special" move. He also uses his new Poltergust for his throw!"

The Poltergust thing is definitely new, and it makes me wonder about some of the other characters not show yet. Perhaps some of them might have some interesting changes that we don't know about yet? It did seem like it with Greninja, and now Luigi. Who's next?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There's now only 15 characters that have yet to have blog posts. They are:

Yoshi
Zelda
Mewtwo
Roy
Mr. Game & Watch
Meta Knight
Zero Suit Samus
Diddy Kong
Lucas
Olimar
Rosalina
Little Mac
Pac Man
Robin
Bayonetta

Arthur97

Smash Master
Characters shown on the website after September 12th have no chance of getting an echo in the base game.

Incidentally, characters shown on the website before September 12th also have no chance of getting an echo in the base game.

So, you're not wrong!
There you go again, talking like you're on the dev team.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Today's Pac day...

"This fighter appears in both his classic form and his form with hands and legs. He has many unique special moves, such as using a trampoline or a fire hydrant. For his Final Smash, he grows into a giant Super PAC-MAN, chomping and launching his opponents!"

No new information that we haven't seen already, though.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I'm surprised there aren't any replies on the Lost Painting remix, but we do have a music thread for this game.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Well we can cross off Pac-Man off the list so that leaves the following fighters remaining for blog posts:

:ultyoshi:
:ultzelda:
:ultmewtwo:
:ultroy:
:ultgnw:
:ultmetaknight:
:ultzss:
:ultdiddy:
:ultlucas:
:ultolimar:
:ultlittlemac:
:ultrosalina:
:ultrobin:
:ultbayonetta:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well we can cross off Pac-Man off the list so that leaves the following fighters remaining for blog posts:

:ultzelda:
:ultmewtwo:
:ultroy:
:ultgnw:
:ultmetaknight:
:ultzss:
:ultdiddy:
:ultlucas:
:ultolimar:
:ultlittlemac:
:ultrosalina:
:ultrobin:
:ultbayonetta:
This means the only series with playable characters that have not been featured on the blog yet would be Yoshi, Pikmin and Game & Watch, right? Because Bayonetta already had an update on Rodin's Assist Trophy a while ago.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi and Pikmin already had a song, so Game & Watch is the only, actually.

E: If we have a character tomorrow, we already have our week with 4 characters???

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Yoshi and Pikmin already had a song, so Game & Watch is the only, actually.

E: If we have a character tomorrow, we already have our week with 4 characters???
Ahh, right! I had a feeling that I had forgot something.

What do you mean, though? We only had two fighters so far for this week, Luigi and Pac-Man.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean, though? We only had two fighters so far for this week, Luigi and Pac-Man.
Oops. I thought Palutena was Sunday / Monday depending on where you live. But she was Thursday / Friday. My mistake.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
:ultzelda::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultgnw:
:ultmetaknight::ultzss::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultolimar:
:ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultrobin::ultbayonetta:

Okay so who's up tomorrow? Highest chance is for a Brawl character, so my guess is Olimar.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
:ultmetaknight::ultzss::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultolimar:

Okay so who's up tomorrow? Highest chance is for a Brawl character, so my guess is Olimar.
Hmm...they should of done Olimar last Friday instead of Nikki, since it would of have coordinate with the date the original Pikmin was released in Japan - the 26th of October (of 2001 (on the Nintendo GameCube)).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Zero Suit Samus is now up on the blog. This is now who is left to be covered:

:ultmetaknight::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultolimar:

R O F L

Smash Ace
I hope they're not done with Living Room. The blocks look like they're missing shadows.

Other than that its a real nice stage and i'm happy its back. I never really liked the music though, thank goodness they changed that.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Isn't it a bit unusual that we're having a stage update on Tuesday/Monday? I mean, has that actually happened before?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Yes. We just often get them after the music update. But have gotten them outside of that.
I decided to just go over past stage updates myself. Turns out, the last time we got any stage updates outside of a Wednesday/Tuesday (that is to say, music update day) was in the very early days of the blog, in weeks which had two stage updates. So this doesn't have to mean anything, but it really is a bit unusual.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I decided to just go over past stage updates myself. Turns out, the last time we got any stage updates outside of a Wednesday/Tuesday (that is to say, music update day) was in the very early days of the blog, in weeks which had two stage updates. So this doesn't have to mean anything, but it really is a bit unusual.
Well, people did call it, yeah. Direct coming on Thursday.

Top Bottom