• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Blog Updates | NEWEST: Ditto

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Guys! As it turns out!!!! Were getting another Smash Ultimate Direct this Thursday!!!

And it's the final Smash Bros Ultimate Annoucement according to Papa Sakuria himself!

So what do you all think!!! Could we finally see the character's from the Grinch leak be confirmed on Wednesday????

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Okay if we aren’t getting a new music track tomorrow, it’s likely one for a new series represented in Smash put up directly after the Direct. So let’s hope we aren’t getting a new music track tomorrow!

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
Huh. Rosalina breaks the pattern of music, possibly in an attempt to avoid another Bloody Tears situation. Down to the final 12 characters to be revealed, plus any that get revealed on Thursday.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
With Rosalina now covered, this is now who's left to be covered (not counting any unannounced newcomers):

:ultyoshi:
:ultzelda::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultgnw:
:ultmetaknight::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultolimar:
:ultlittlemac::ultrobin::ultbayonetta:

Also, assuming that there are no weeks where 2 fighters are covered, the max amount of unannounced newcomers we can have without having to have weeks where 4 fighters are covered is 4.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The info today on Rosa mentions that Luma panics when Rosa gets hit, so it's not just grabbing Rosa either. This info and nerf towards her does make me happy, though I would want to know if a big hit means a longer Luma panic or not. Whatever it is, this change alone pleases me. Maybe now I'll be brave enough to battle her again because of this.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
With Rosalina now covered, this is now who's left to be covered (not counting any unannounced newcomers):

Also, assuming that there are no weeks where 2 fighters are covered, the max amount of unannounced newcomers we can have without having to have weeks where 4 fighters are covered is 4.
Let's just hope nothing is accidently shown off on the 31st (There's still a possibility something could come up on the 31st under everyone's nose)!

1FC0

Smash Lord
Finally they included Ditto. He was already in Melee (although not accessible by normal means) suggesting that they already tried to include him properly way back then but failed. Did they really need 4 iterations of the game to get Ditto right?

In Pokemon TCG for the Gameboy they also replaced the Ditto card with a Gameboy exclusive one possibly because the real Ditto card was too difficult to implement. I guess Ditto is really hard to implement in games.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
To be covered:
:ultken::ultpiranha:

I expect them to wait with covering Piranha Plant on the blog until after the game releases. Ken will likely be monday's update.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
#SakuraiShouldScrapThatPieceOf****ePlantAndGiveThatSecondSquareEnixCharacterVergebenTalkedAbout

WHO ELSE IS WITH ME ON THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any other fans who wrongly assume scrapping one character will net them another that they want.

So, unfortunately many people.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
Any other fans who wrongly assume scrapping one character will net them another that they want.

So, unfortunately many people.
Or they just need to scrap said that stupid plant and have it just be an enemy you fight in the new story mode!!!!!

Or just scrap it all together and give us some worthy DLC that's actually worth 10 or 20 dollars of our hard earned cash!!!!!!!!!!!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Or they just need to scrap said that stupid plant and have it just be an enemy you fight in the new story mode!!!!!

Or just scrap it all together and give us some worthy DLC that's actually worth 10 or 20 dollars of our hard earned cash!!!!!!!!!!!
  • They're not going to erase their hard work just because you are salty
  • He's free

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
  • They're not going to erase their hard work just because you are salty
  • He's free
You do know that like every other DLC thing in existence that's free the first day!

They'll eventually stop making it a free update and make it to where you to purchase it with actual cash!!!!!

Second! I think the Smash Bros players who aren't on drugs or who don't want this stupid plant or other terrible things we saw in the last direct!!!!!

Should either start rioting at NOA offices until they decide to scrap the pointless plant or should just not buy a single copy of Smash Ultimate!

To all of you who are upset with Nintendo about the horrendous additions to Smash Bros Ultimate!

Please do everyone the sober individuals a favor and don't buy a single copy of Smash Ultimate!

Just to show Sakuria that we mean buissness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

osby

Smash Obsessed
You do know that like every other DLC thing in existence that's free the first day!

They'll eventually stop making it a free update and make it to where you to purchase it with actual cash!!!!!

Second! I think the Smash Bros players who aren't on drugs or who don't want this stupid plant or other terrible things we saw in the last direct!!!!!

Should either start rioting at NOA offices until they decide to scrap the pointless plant or should just not buy a single copy of Smash Ultimate!

To all of you who are upset with Nintendo about the horrendous additions to Smash Bros Ultimate!

Please do everyone the sober individuals a favor and don't buy a single copy of Smash Ultimate!

Just to show Sakuria that we mean buissness!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You do that, while I enjoy the game.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Moving back to the usual, Ken is today's update, as previously expected.

Part of me hopes we could be getting Street Fighter music this week (no bias at all, nope I definitely don't say this because we need Guile's theme or anything)

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Part of me hopes we could be getting Street Fighter music this week (no bias at all, nope I definitely don't say this because we need Guile's theme or anything)
I'd rather have a Zangief remix. Red Cyclone for life. ;)

(A Street Fighter 3 remix would be even better, like Alex or Ibuki. It looks like we might only be getting Street Fighter 2 representation in Smash though. :( )

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
They keep referencing the Capcom Vs. games - Mega Man’s Mega Upper in 4 and Ken’s Final Smash - and I’m hurting inside because I know there won’t be any Marvel vs Capcom 2 music in this game :p

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
Is this ad video which F-Zero got be pranked the mandatory Smash Blog update for today?

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Do you think we will have every character showed with the release? Is that even possible?

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
I am very disappoited that Daraen did not got a new final smash. It looks like Sakurai wanted Chrom in Smash 4, but as a Fighter he had no ideas to put Chrom in to the rooster. To many clone fighters, now echo fighters. Daraen is alot interessing fighter with unique a move set.
In Ultimate Sakurai gived the clone fighters a handy name and give Chrom the Roy move set to say, Chrom is now joining the fight. If he as gamer would like him, he would give Daraen a new final smash. How it looks now as they had not enough time to recreate Daraens final smash (I wanted that he transforms into Grima) like they did with Yoshi.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I am very disappoited that Daraen did not got a new final smash. It looks like Sakurai wanted Chrom in Smash 4, but as a Fighter he had no ideas to put Chrom in to the rooster. To many clone fighters, now echo fighters. Daraen is alot interessing fighter with unique a move set.
In Ultimate Sakurai gived the clone fighters a handy name and give Chrom the Roy move set to say, Chrom is now joining the fight. If he as gamer would like him, he would give Daraen a new final smash. How it looks now as they had not enough time to recreate Daraens final smash (I wanted that he transforms into Grima) like they did with Yoshi.

OH!!! You mean Robin. Jeez, how many names does that guy/girl have?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
My theory is that Chrom (and possibly Dark Samus) were super last minute additions, hence Robin's FS not changing.

Also Gamexplain's preview shows us non Street Fighter 2 characters as Spirits, so here's hoping we get remixes from the other games too :)

Durnt

Smash Cadet
dis needs better updatin but since game is out in a few more days i think they don't feels like it. I like the Guile Assist Trophy description "Crouches and waits patiently then Flash Kicks anyone that gets close."

Last edited:

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but one of the pictures from the Guile post reveals that he can use Sonic Boom!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And with Lucas done, we have done every single Brawl character.

We got a problem though.

Unless literally every post next week is a character post, we won't have enough room in the week for everyone before release.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
:ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultgnw:
:ultbayonetta:
Well they can get to December 7th with these four characters. And I don't know of we will see this character, but I don't think so::ultpiranha:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Well if that’s the case then we have only 3 to go, and that’s totally plausible.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yoshi was uploaded to the other blogs, but Mr. Game and Watch has yet to show up outside of the Japanese blog for some reason.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm assuming Mr. Game and Watch's blog entry was delayed slightly over the minor controversy being patched. His entry will likely be posted on Tuesday or Thursday night if not next week.

1FC0

Smash Lord
How is 1 stereotypical move more offensive than 3 stereotypical characters?

Top Bottom