• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
If I was there, Id be entering teams as Kirby with a level 9/7 Luigi/Falco, depending on who I was playing against. Maybe a 8/7 Ganon too.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I think ganon is better.

there is cheap way to kill luigi. O.o
If the other team are fox/falco, Luigi will wreck them cause he'll powershield their approach, and grab them. And he's got some sick combo's in teams. Ganon is ok, but he gets gimped pretty hard, and its tough for kirby to save, he's pretty slow.

Falco also has gimp problems, but he's also pretty sick and shoots random lasers that mess you up.

'Fro

Smash Lord
lol... if u seen the kids in my school u would get it.... my problem is the classes are easy, but all u have to do is do homework, which is the one thing i dont do, so what i meant was dumb kids pass it, but i dont

not that history is for dumb kids
No johns. Do your homework.

Also, I'm putting in this request a week in advance so anybody who can fulfill it can consider it: PLEASE BRING A RECORDING SET-UP TO THE NEXT SSBO. We've had an excess of epic sets that have not been recorded, particularly from the Maus Edition. The videos that are out of us currently, particularly the S3BO vids, are outdated as far as showing how we are as players, barring Kitsune. If you need help bringing the set-up, say so and we can arrange help.

This isn't directed at anybody in particular, for the record.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Why should I put so much effort into something like recording matches then clipping them and uploading them when no one takes any time to ever thank me? As I recall, last time I recorded matches, all anyone ever did was bitch and moan about how they weren't uploaded yet.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Why should I put so much effort into something like recording matches then clipping them and uploading them when no one takes any time to ever thank me? As I recall, last time I recorded matches, all anyone ever did was bitch and moan about how they weren't uploaded yet.
......:confused:

Last I checked, there was only a certain Voorhese who followed that attitude. If that's really how you feel, there isn't much more I can say to you about it. The justification I can give you for putting in effort is that it supports your status as someone who's placed himself as a leader in this community.

If you really don't want to do this, tell me what I would need to buy to be able to record (exact item name) and I'll provide it. A little tutorial on how to set it up would be cool too.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Like this?:
Wow. You're doing a lot of excellent work, sir! Thank you so much for uploading the video!
The only people who was bitched was... actually, Voorhese, and only Voorhese, Fro was right. I guess kinda Vro too? But that's Vro...

It's whatever though.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
hell yeah maus-sawce!!!
i dont know about paying for a plane ticket, how about i ride my bike down there and you go on my handlebars
hmmm, that would work too.

I just don't want to and cannot pay for my transportation fee up to Purdue.
it is just too much money ;_;

so.. yeah. but you also have to take me back to GIT after the tourney lol

then, it is a deal.

The Team "We're Gonna Get ALL the Biitches Tonight"

bnny

Smash Rookie
hmmm, that would work too.

I just don't want to and cannot pay for my transportation fee up to Purdue.
it is just too much money ;_;
hey maus i could travel to purdue via georgia again and pick you up! i promise not to flirt with you and make you uncomfortable this time, alan said i dont have to anymore. but no ditching me in the airport again!!! i can actually make interesting conversation every now and then, and i dont bite hard... :/

'Fro

Smash Lord
hey maus i could travel to purdue via georgia again and pick you up! i promise not to flirt with you and make you uncomfortable this time, alan said i dont have to anymore. but no ditching me in the airport again!!! i can actually make interesting conversation every now and then, and i dont bite hard... :/
So Alan said you had to make Maus uncomfortable last time,then? :laugh:

Man, I just fullyrealized that we're gonna be up and at it again in a week.... S3BO all over again!

Also, Kitsune, fix your randomizer on that tourney program. I'm bored of Goose's sleepy face in pools.

(JK Gooseman. Playing you never gets old, and it always reminds me how much I have to learn as far as spacing goes. )

bnny

Smash Rookie
do you drive?
yup! actually in january i am making a trip to purdue and i could make a short stop in florida to visit some friends. :) but you'd have to take a plane back.

and alan says he was grumpy this morning when he posted that, and was thus generalizing. he tends to forget that he's cranky when tired. he says it was unnecessary. hes just too stubborn to say sorry to you.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
yup! actually in january i am making a trip to purdue and i could make a short stop in florida to visit some friends. :) but you'd have to take a plane back.

and alan says he was grumpy this morning when he posted that, and was thus generalizing. he tends to forget that he's cranky when tired. he says it was unnecessary. hes just too stubborn to say sorry to you.
i don't have to go to purdue. it would be nice but it is ok.
my homies and I are already related.

i will try to visit some other time.

and, i know alan. it does not really matter, unless he decides to do some other bull crap again.

i will throw some popcorns at him, in that case.

and Goose///

i was watching movies on TV, and Mr. deeds came up.
and he reminded me of you. O.o
somehow.....

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO XXI Results; SSBO XXII: November 8, 2 PM, Wiley Hall West Activities Room

Doubles Final Results
1: The Asian Sensation + The White Kid (Kirkq + KSO) ($40.00)
2: Built Ford Tuff (Lavos + NJzFinest)
3: 14! (BunBun + Goosefactor)
4: KTF ***-icNs (Mr. H + Ac_burito)

Doubles Pools Results
1: Built Ford Tuff (Lavos + NJzFinest)
2: The Asian Sensation + The White Kid (Kirkq + KSO)
3: 14! (BunBun + Goosefactor)
4: KTF ***icNs (Mr. H + Ac_burito)

Singles Final Results
1: NJzFinest ($42.00)
2: Goosefactor ($18.00)

3: 'Fro
4: Hippy
5: Mr H
5: KSO
7: TJ
7: Ac_Burito
9: CNN
9: Mike
9: ATP
9: DEX

Singles Pools Results

1: 'Fro
1: NJzFinest
3: Goosefactor
3: KSO
5: Mr H
5: Hippy
7: Ac_Burito
7: TJ
9: DEX
9: CNN
11: ATP
11: Mike

I apologize for the delay. Things got kinda hectic.

Anyway, keep in mind that the next tourney, SSBO XXII, is already scheduled for Saturday, November 8, at 2 PM in the Wiley West Activities Room, as usual. Mark your calendars and practice up!

mecatomato

Smash Lord
ROFL maus...lets get all the bitches and throw popcorns at them
Oh yeah. For sure. =P

and we also have to prepare the stronger weapon.

The...

Caramel Coated Popcorns!!!!

If the other team are fox/falco, Luigi will wreck them cause he'll powershield their approach, and grab them. And he's got some sick combo's in teams. Ganon is ok, but he gets gimped pretty hard, and its tough for kirby to save, he's pretty slow.

Falco also has gimp problems, but he's also pretty sick and shoots random lasers that mess you up.
hmm...
that makes sense. i forgot the fact that you will be using kirby. =P

Falco's laser messes people around sometimes, but...
one back throw of some characters will simply kill him...

so in this case, i'd say
Luigi > Ganon > Falco..

but oh well, it is all up to you.

Back when i was in Purdue, I asked you to record and just send those clips to me, so that i could upload them, but you still said no.

and this is what my sworn brother said,
"If you ALWAYS expect others to pay you back of your effort, you will not get anything back from them"

it is true that everyone wants his efforts paid back with 'something'... applaud or money or whatever that would please him.
but what my brother said kind of makes sense. As long as you advertise what you have done, THERE WILL BE some people who will thank you, whether they express their pleasure (respond) or not.
AND THAT NUMBER OF PEOPLE will be around there eventhough you consistently tell people to go watch the videos (in this case).
[Unless that video gets very famous]

but if you are expecting MORE people to thank you, you will just get less people responding to you comparing to your expectation. ALTHOUGH there would be same number of people responding even if you don't expect so many people.

All I am saying here is just not to be TOO grumpy.
I am not saying 'oh yeah, go record for them'

let's say i work at some place, and the boss does not pay me enough..
fuck that shiit, i will just stab in his eyes.
EVERYONE WANTS his efforts to get paid well.
no one would be exception, really.

but sometimes, just chill out.

you know what? last year, you told me you will buy me game bridge for my birthday present and you didn't....
you could have me recording videos..
[I got no presents by the way. ;_; ]

Anyway, you can just tell people to buy the recording set up,
or you can charge certain amount or etc.

just don't get straight into the 'Anger mode'.

not many things will change though you just decide to be grumpy to people.

Mr H

Smash Ace
shoat out time lol

Adam- nice playing u this weekend, too bad u couldn't stay longer, maybe next time im in town we could hang out longer and thanks for the marth tips

Bryan- nice teaming with u and playing ur falco against my marth lol and we would be a top tier team if team attack wasnt on lol i down smashed u soooo much

Goose- thanks for spotting me some money when forgot my wallet and i think Bryan's house doesn't like my snes because i was playing it today and i made it all the way to castle 5 in super mario world and it didnt freeze or glitch at all lol maybe its the tmnt game haunting us from when i made it freeze on the last level

Bunbun- thanks for recommending don pablos that was a good change from b dubs, we need to go there more often and that CC rest that u got on me in teams was the **** lol

Alan- good matches in the tourney it was really close if u wouldnt have ****ed up in the end u would have beat me for sure lol and i got ur message from bryan b4 i left lol

Fro- some epic matches n the tourney one of the closest sets ive ever played, i dont know if i could survive many more sets like that i might start have Anxiety attacks and **** lol mute city matches are always epic

ckit- i left my fake fro and ur place lol, try not to wear it to much (i know u will) >.> lol and i had a fun time getting my *** kicked by ur stupid mario combos

Njay- thanks for showing that awesome peach move where u move her skirt lol but seriously il try to work on that pillering u were talking about

Vorcheeesey- ****ing Vorheese....

maus- get ur korean *** back to purdue

'Fro

Smash Lord
Well, partners think alike so:

Draco: Wish we could have caught up this weekend. I'm aware that you're going through a lot right now. Take as much time as you need to straighten things out.

Goose:....Thanks for not standing randonly in the hallway this time. I'm looking forward to our next pools set. You know it'll happen. (/attempt at jinxing the randomizer).

Andrew: Ditto on the Don Pablo recommendation. Also, Top tier stuff on Timr Warp! Too good!

Bryan: Thanks for again being an awesome Smash fest host, and for not driving like a grandma. Oh, and for the trip on Rainbow Cruise...That was fun! :)

Alan: AGAIN we didn't meet in singles! WTF??!?!?!?!??!!!???!

Craig: I can't believe how close of a set that was in brackets. I'm glad I got to experience that kind of intensity.

George: n-air edgegaurd with G-dorf for the kill? Really? GEORGE!

Carl: ....Your DK needs to be put on a leash. I never knew how good that b-air really was. Oh, and I saw your bboy crew in front of CL50 last week. I asked about you, but they said you were gonna be there later. I was rushing to class at the time.

Kirk: After I made 10,000 plans for when I next play you, you leave? JOONZ? One-sided mm my Dorf vs. your Falco on Battlefield?

CKit: I wasn't seriously upset about the pot split,man. I totally feel you on how you split it for this week. You're the man in charge, and you've never let us down. Also, I'm booking a spar with you next weekend. I haven't played you in fourteen years.

Voorheese: You'd better be there next time, kid.

Jay: I would like to know where the term "Señor 'Fro" came from.

GGs everybody. I'm waiting on an epic tourney this weekend. I'm already getting pumped typing this!

EDIT: Zjiin, that would be awesome!

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Njay- thanks for showing that awesome peach move where u move her skirt lol but seriously il try to work on that pillering u were talking about

maus- get ur korean *** back to purdue
are you talking about low float - neutral air - double jab repeat?

if you learn that, it will be so dayum good. you will get to **** so many people in tourney.

but there is simple way to get out of it >_> muhaha.
it would not work on me. I thank XIF. =P

and,
i was surprised, that my dad actually would not care much of my transfer back.
he was quite positive.
'if you really want to go back, ask the CE department in Purdue and ask for requirements and be sure you are not missing out anything.'

i was like... wow..
my dad used to hate purdue. not, 'Hate' but still.. he didn't really like purdue.
it seems like my excuses about Professors being so dumb in GIT and etc worked...

However, anyone who has experienced traferring would know...
it is not an easy decision.

Yet, I am indeed seeing more possibilty - as in, less obstacle to go over - of transferring back.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Alan: AGAIN we didn't meet in singles! WTF??!?!?!?!??!!!???!
If I am to enter another tourney at purdue, i don't want to meet you in the brackets. ;_;
you pwned me so bad.

or i will just samus ditto you.
and it sucks that i, somehow, have to face kirk all the time. it is quite frustrating ;_;

Craig: I can't believe how close of a set that was in brackets. I'm glad I got to experience that kind of intensity.
I am sick of those intensities.
Craig... Matt.. Voorhese... ;_;

George: n-air edgegaurd with G-dorf for the kill? Really? GEORGE!
No one Beats my ganon so far.

Carl: ....Your DK needs to be put on a leash. I never knew how good that b-air really was.
DK counters Samus. my friend Elliot (in GIT) ALMOST 4 stocked me in DK vs Samus.
i somehow managed to kill him twice, but that was all...

Jay: I would like to know where the term "Señor 'Fro" came from.
Jay got my Asian-randomness infected.

I made Jay to be my succession of Random asian guy, as i transfer to GIT.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
An idea that I have been throwing around is increasing entry fee to $10, at least for singles. While I am aware that the majority of our attendance (currently) comes from fellow cash-strapped college students here at Purdue, I would at least like to experiment with this for at least a single SSBO, provided that I receive a favorable enough response from our regulars. While this may put more than a few players in a financial crunch, it may also begin drawing in outside interest, which is admittedly something that we sorely need. For example, Tink and Big C are both considering coming to this week's SSBO, along with a certain number of Chicagoland players, and for those who must travel a good distance to get here, pay-out size is a factor in their decision to enter.

In a nutshell, I would first like to gauge our community's overall response to this potential (not yet instituted) entry fee increase. If it appears that it will far too negatively impact our community participation, I simply will not do it. However, if you guys do not seem too bothered by it and give me the overall go-ahead, I would like to experiment with it for at least one SSBO or so and see what comes up.

So I would like to see input from all of the SSBO regulars as to their thoughts on this issue. Post your stance and we will see where this goes.

'Fro

Smash Lord
10$ entry fee stuff.
Hmm.......

After thinking about it, I can see the benefits if that really would attract more big name players here. It would give us here more motivation to improve, and give us a better Smash experience on the whole. I'll put in my vote for trying this at least once during a week where we know that a lot of big guns can make it.

Bottom line for me: Yeah, Why not give it a shot?

Mr H

Smash Ace
are you talking about low float - neutral air - double jab repeat?

if you learn that, it will be so dayum good. you will get to **** so many people in tourney.

but there is simple way to get out of it >_> muhaha.
it would not work on me. I thank XIF. =P
ya i tried practicing it today it doesn't seem too hard to do just i need to get more familiar with doing it

i was surprised, that my dad actually would not care much of my transfer back.
he was quite positive.
'if you really want to go back, ask the CE department in Purdue and ask for requirements and be sure you are not missing out anything.'

that would be pretty awesome if u came back to purdue

So I would like to see input from all of the SSBO regulars as to their thoughts on this issue. Post your stance and we will see where this goes.
i like the idea of attracting more people from the chicago and ohio areas but i also know if u increase the entry fee that will decrease the amount of local people that participate.

i personally am not bothered by paying an extra 5 dollars

im assuming that when we charge the normal $5 we will have around wat we normally do, 16 people and if the entry fee was raised i know we would be losing some regular people who come to the tourney. i would hate to see some of the regulars at the tourneys not come because of an increased entry fee

so my question is do u think we would gain a good more people than we would lose? and is it fair to the people that normally play in the tourney that arnt going to come because of the higher entry fee, just so the tourney can get different people insisted in coming?

i think we should raise it for an event or two and see if it has a more positive affects on the tourneys, there really isnt a good reason not to try raising it for awhile

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, ive been wanting to come to one of these for awhilee now, and 10 for singles woulddd def make me and big c come, but at the same time, i wouldnt want it to make some of the locals not wanna go because of it <_<...

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
An idea that I have been throwing around is increasing entry fee to $10, at least for singles. While I am aware that the majority of our attendance (currently) comes from fellow cash-strapped college students here at Purdue, I would at least like to experiment with this for at least a single SSBO, provided that I receive a favorable enough response from our regulars. While this may put more than a few players in a financial crunch, it may also begin drawing in outside interest, which is admittedly something that we sorely need. For example, Tink and Big C are both considering coming to this week's SSBO, along with a certain number of Chicagoland players, and for those who must travel a good distance to get here, pay-out size is a factor in their decision to enter.

In a nutshell, I would first like to gauge our community's overall response to this potential (not yet instituted) entry fee increase. If it appears that it will far too negatively impact our community participation, I simply will not do it. However, if you guys do not seem too bothered by it and give me the overall go-ahead, I would like to experiment with it for at least one SSBO or so and see what comes up.

this may be huge johns but im gunna say it anyways 10 bucks for the weekend i dont mind its $10 that i know i wont get back, but i enter anyways to see how i am progressing and cuz it is fun. but 10 for me may be alittle much it would be like just walking up to kirk or carl every week and forking over 10 bucks but i will think about it some more

goosefactor

Smash Lord
and Goose///

i was watching movies on TV, and Mr. deeds came up.
and he reminded me of you. O.o
somehow.....
LOL, WTF? I aint no butler!?

-------------------------------

Craig// Get some Nintendo hardware that actually works for a change. And I am never taking any strange pills that you offer me ever again. I vaguely remember the employees at my house fixing our group up like 17 Matadors, but after that, the rest was history.

Bryan// Sorry I made the whole driving around Lafayette fiasco needlessly confusing for you Friday night. Keep working on Falco; it will all come together for ya soon. Thanks for the scones.

Andrew// Thanks for letting me once again stay over on Saturday. And omFg, Baal is sooooo going down next week. But don't think you're gonna use Shogun to take him down, oh no. You will be using Etna for that one. For crying out loud, get those F'n bills passed already! And don't worry, I already remembered to put EO2 in my trusty grocery bag. Oh, and what was up with you flaking out on us Sunday night, hmmm? O.o

Adam// Sorry to hear about what happened this weekend. Hopefully things will work out for you soon. At any rate, it was good to at least hang out with you on Friday. Hopefully you'll be able to stop by sometime this weekend.

Carl// You DO realize that you ****** Anything's laptop bag, don't you? lol. Thanks for the Peach tips. I'll make sure to mess around with her (literally and figuratively :p). Our Marth ditto set was too good.

Anthony// You DO realize that Carl ****** your laptop bag, don't you? Is it just me, or did we experience the impossible in Super Mario World? I mean, I DID somehow start in a bonus level on some random island, get locked in the level, and when attempting to restart, noticed to my horror that our file was erased, right? Also, the next time we go to B-dubs, please be sure to make an inquiry to the employees as to when they decided to make 16 and older the legal age for consuming alcohol. ****, I think that even the little bratty baby behind me with the Colt's bib had a drink!

Ahmed// You're welcome for not freaking you out this time when you woke up. So why was it that Friday night when you and Bryan were waiting for the rest of us to arrive at his house, and Bryan received a phone call, that you automatically assumed that it was me telling him that I was lost, hmm!? I swear, you have no confidence in my navigation skills. Granted, it WAS me who called him complaining that I was lost, but that was beside the point!? lol.

Kirk// Ya, it sucked that you got rolled with studying this weekend. Hopefully we can find time to play Catan next week. Who knows, maybe if Dark Flow makes an appearance this weekend he can get in on the action too?

Alan// That friend of yours, Ryan, seemed like a pretty cool guy. Try to get him and some of the other guys to come next week. Heh, and I was joking about the whole B-dubs thing, honestly. I wouldnt've minded it one bit. I think the plan next weekend is gonna have to be to watch The Dark Knight at your place. We'll stop at the gas station or something to stock up on drinks, candy, and even microwavable popcorn (but not so that George and Maus can have a popcorn fight).

Also,
http://www.freewebs.com/kung_fu_master/ps2_soul_calibur_65.jpg
This is who you remind me of now with the new "do," lol. It's a compliment though cause it's cool and it completely suits you.

Jay// Dude, although they were just friendlies, it was awesome finally getting to team with you for the first time. I like it because for once I don't really have to worry about getting soul trained. You and Carl have good luck at your guys' tourney this weekend.

George// omFg, you better be hanging out with us the whole weekend this time. The weekend just isn't a weekend without George around. But if you EVEN whip out your Sheik against my Marth again....

I hate always having to bring this up, but I kinda need a place to stay for the weekend....:ohwell: Any takers?

*EDIT*
About the whole entry fee thing, I'm kinda neutral. To be honest, I see it hurting the attandance more than it would benefit, but trying it out once or twice shouldn't be that big of a deal. And who knows, perhaps I'll be wrong about that.

Mr H

Smash Ace
ya, ive been wanting to come to one of these for awhilee now, and 10 for singles woulddd def make me and big c come, but at the same time, i wouldnt want it to make some of the locals not wanna go because of it <_<...
there probly arnt that many people that will stop going because of an extra $5 but i was just throwing it out there so every one would realize some people might not come. we wont know until we actually increase the entry fee to see who wont attend as often. but i think increasing the entry fee will increase the level of competition at the tourneys which i would like to see

Craig// Get some Nintendo hardware that actually works for a change. And I am never taking any strange pills that you offer me ever again. I vaguely remember the employees at my house fixing our group up like 17 Matadors, but after that, the rest was history.
lol ya ur house was pretty sweet, especially the stuff u had on ur walls and the people that worked at ur house made some good food i think im going to go to ur house again next time im in town

mecatomato

Smash Lord
An idea that I have been throwing around is increasing entry fee to $10, at least for singles.
that would, for sure, attract big players to SSBO.

But if I were there... I wouldn't enter.

i only have gained money in teams, 90% because my teammate was Carl.
there would be some people like me, who would deny to pay 10 bucks to enter and lose that money for nothing. O.o

maybe you can have $10 entry fee, once in a while.

this may be huge johns but im gunna say it anyways 10 bucks for the weekend i dont mind its $10 that i know i wont get back, but i enter anyways to see how i am progressing and cuz it is fun. but 10 for me may be alittle much it would be like just walking up to kirk or carl every week and forking over 10 bucks but i will think about it some more
lol True, about just giving off money and get nothing back...

I am just happy with friendlies.
I play basically the same in both Tourney and Friendlies... soo... O. O

LOL, WTF? I aint no butler!?
K-MINDGAMES!

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Alright, so far, the opinions have not been too excessively negative, but I do still need more to go off of than just the previous posts. If you have an interest in attending SSBOs, I would like to see your input here.

Another idea is that we could alternate entry fee levels for every other SSBO. For example, one SSBO would have the $5 entry fee level, the next would have the $10 entry fee level, and the two would simply alternate one after the other. I believe that this achieves as good a balance between the demands of the local community and those of the outside community as we can get while still giving me enough data to go on that would allow me to make a more long-term decision for the entry fee level (honestly, raising entry for just one tournament would not provide adequate feedback for me or us to decide our proper stance on it). Any comments, ideas, or thoughts on that in addition to the entry fee increase in general?

Top Bottom