• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

voorhese

Smash Master
lmao Koopa Kid 37 was so bad. I hope he never comes back to ssbo again.

shout outs later
rofl, good games this weekend jay. next time we play, i hope u dont go luigi again, with more practice in the matchup youll prolly beat me... ill have to learn the weegee matchup =)

kirkq

Smash Ace
If I ditch out on smashing grounds is one of you fobs actually willing to drive up there? I'm not positive I'm going yet.

I wanna give a shoutout to two games in particular.

1: Those 10 seconds Me and Voorhese had vs Goose and Little England where Goose got hit by falco laser to fox up smash about +/-16 times.

2: That insane game vs Vro and Kels where everyone was at 0% 2 stocks and then 0% 1 stock.

Dart!

Smash Master
Off the top of my head, Sveet:

1. Kels (did not lose)
2. Dekuschrub (lost to Kels twice)
3. Dart (lost twice to Dekuschrub)
4. Andale (lost to Kels and Dart)
5. Rat (Lost to Dart in loser's. Can't remember who he lost to first)
5. Little England (lost to Dekuschrub and Andale)
7. Goosefactor( lost to Dart and Little England)
7. Vro (Lost to Little England and I think Rat)
9. Kirkq (Eliminated by Rat. Can't remember his first loss)
9. 'Fro (Lost to Kels and Vro)
9. Lance in the Pants (lost to Kirkq and Goosefactor)
9. Cykofox (Lost to 'Fro in winner's. Can't remember what happened in losers)
13. Voorhese (Lost to Dekuschrub in winner's)
13. Lavos (Lost to Andale in winner's)

This is a really rough recollection of what I think happened. Everyone feel free to fill in what I missed or got wrong.
ORLY lost to me and Rat

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
i have no idea what's going on with the smash community here but i finally got to play someone this break (TheOJ), good stuff man

darkatma

Smash Hero
Matt: Sorry for choking so hard in the doubles bracket. I still feel really bad, which is why I'm debating not entering doubles for a long time. I hate being responsible for somebody else's loss.

Fun weekend Dewdewcrew! I'll do more extensive shoutouts later
then you wont improve in doubles though
I find it odd that so many people who are good at singles suck at dubs

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
i have no idea what's going on with the smash community here but i finally got to play someone this break (TheOJ), good stuff man
I'm glad you thought so. I was all over the place... You have massive tech skills I wish i had.... You have a very techy falco. We should play more often sir. I want to get back into the tournaments and FINALLY join the freaking power rankings....

Also, what did you think of my pika...? Any places i should improve on? I already know my fox is rusty and can't fight worth anything anymore...

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Dude, where have you been?!

I never said I'll stop playing doubles completely. (friendlies)

DracoFox

Smash Ace
This is just my, johning defense.

Honestly, I'm not fond of doubles. There is too much **** going on, and I suck at communication cause I get too into the match. Ask the Dew crew how bad I am when I try talking while playing smash. lol I sound so f'n ********. IMO, some are simply not cut out to play doubles.(like me for example)

Seriously, would you like a partner that cannot communicate, or someone who can actually communicate, and work out on flaws from your last match? This is my issue. As for playing in singles, I'm allowed to focus better when I don't to watch someone's back, plus I don't have to talk while playing the game.(I hate trying to talk while playing, I stop in mid sentence and I don't even finish what I was going to say) This is mainly why I like singles.

I don't really have any shout outs honestly. I do want to say good games to those that I played against in doubles. Some stupid, amazing **** happened on my end, but it didn't pull through in brackets. It was nice teaming with you Cykofox, and sorry if I wasn't the best team mate to have, but I did give it my best.:)

Also, I wish that I wasn't so ****ing tired all of the time. It'd be nice to play smash if I hadn't stayed up for so long. Plus my sleeping schedule just doesn't do well for me. One of these days I will be back into singles.

Dart!

Smash Master
This is just my, johning defense.

Honestly, I'm not fond of doubles. There is too much **** going on, and I suck at communication cause I get too into the match. Ask the Dew crew how bad I am when I try talking while playing smash. lol I sound so f'n ********. IMO, some are simply not cut out to play doubles.(like me for example)

Seriously, would you like a partner that cannot communicate, or someone who can actually communicate, and work out on flaws from your last match? This is my issue. As for playing in singles, I'm allowed to focus better when I don't to watch someone's back, plus I don't have to talk while playing the game.(I hate trying to talk while playing, I stop in mid sentence and I don't even finish what I was going to say) This is mainly why I like singles.

I don't really have any shout outs honestly. I do want to say good games to those that I played against in doubles. Some stupid, amazing **** happened on my end, but it didn't pull through in brackets. It was nice teaming with you Cykofox, and sorry if I wasn't the best team mate to have, but I did give it my best.:)

Also, I wish that I wasn't so ****ing tired all of the time. It'd be nice to play smash if I hadn't stayed up for so long. Plus my sleeping schedule just doesn't do well for me. One of these days I will be back into singles.
feel better man :/ you on facebook at all?

Jayford

Smash Lord
Singles Results (20 players)
1: Kels ($60.00) - GGs. I'm going to camp the ledge harder against you >=D.
2: Dekuschrub ($30.00) - Good stuff.
3: Dart ($10.00) - Thanks for the advice :D. Good stuff at the tourney.
4: Andale - Teach me to rest 0_0.
5: Rat - GGs in pools.
5: Little England - Good set with Kels. You'll get him next time. Don't give up we still need to do Double Trouble in Dino Town!!!
7: Vro - Good money match. - My Link won' lose next time </3.
7: Boot.Elf 249 (Goosefactor) - This is like the first tournament in 3 weeks I didn't have to play you in brackets. Then again I didn't make it into brackets LOOOOL rocked.
9: Kirkq - I took that one friendly off of you. Then got ***** </3.
9: 'Fro - Go Mario more!! Also we should do a mario / luigi team.
9: Nuisance in the Immigrants (LITP) - Good stuff in the tournament.
9: Cykofox - Fun friendlies.
13: ORLY - My Link is going to get you next time :D.
13: Voorhese - You have gotten like 100x better. Good stuff in dubs.
13: Lavos - You are the better Jay. For now...
13: Mr. H - Sorry for sucking in doubles :(
17: Zephyrmace - I didn't play you Josh :(.
17: Koopa Kid 37 - YOU SUCK NEVER COME BACK.
17: Caw! Caw! Caw! (Bees) - Your ICS are to good.
17: Deez Nutz - Good challenge match.

Also, I should be where DJ is at on the power rankings.

PS. Someone needs to **** the crap out of me sometime this week. I learned to shine OoS with Fox which is god tier >.>. So I need to practice it in match lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i havent met anyone who is consciously good at singles who is bad at doubles. I've met a lot of instinctual players whos game breaks down in teams because their singles strategies fall apart when they have someone watching their back and when they have to watch someone else's back. Some teams things really go against intuition.

also, cool new smashboards smilies:embarrass::oneeye::awesome::c:woman::cool::reverse::bee:

darkatma

Smash Hero
i havent met anyone who is consciously good at singles who is bad at doubles. I've met a lot of instinctual players whos game breaks down in teams because their singles strategies fall apart when they have someone watching their back and when they have to watch someone else's back. Some teams things really go against intuition.

also, cool new smashboards smilies:embarrass::oneeye::awesome::c:woman::cool::reverse::bee:
I've met a lot
Pink Shinobi and Zhu are two good ones

it comes from a few things:
1. being unaware of what your teammate and the person he's fighting against is up to
2. trying to do everything yourself
Oftentimes what works in singles is not what's best in doubles, because you haveta factor in max damage/least amount of time, not just slow, guaranteed damage. It's the difference between using fox's drill to hit and using his bair. Same ish amount of damage overall, but it's way better to use that bair.

I could write a dissertation about what i see going wrong in teams all the time
But yeah if you're a good teammate you'll know when to back off and let your teammate do the hitting, when he needs help, how to help him, etc.

Little England

Smash Master
Just for clarification...

I don't think I'm bad in teams. I actually think I understand the flow of teams very well. It was just that in this particular instance, I felt like I really let someone down. I feel like I'm carrying a burden of guilt now, especially since we dropped several matches that we shouldn't have because of a few careless mistakes by me. I said I wouldn't enter doubles to avoid the possibility of letting somebody else/myself down again, but perhaps the best thing to do is to enter and perform like I know I can.

This is all very strange to me. I've always been a stronger mental player than this, so I don't know why this is getting to me so much.

Lastly, I'm down to Melee if anyone is interested. (edit/ exactly what Jay said actually)

voorhese

Smash Master
13: Voorhese - You have gotten like 100x better. Good stuff in dubs.

PS. Someone needs to **** the crap out of me sometime this week. I learned to shine OoS with Fox which is god tier >.>. So I need to practice it in match lol.
thx, and shine oos with fox is ****ing amazing, PEOPLE NEED TO COME TO JOHNTICELLO!!!!

goosefactor

Smash Lord

knoblafter I expect top 3 next time :p
Heh, I'll try.

7: Boot.Elf 249 (Goosefactor) Thank you so much for helping me out with my car...i'll get the money to you asap, can't wait to play you again it's always fun :D GG's
Yeah, no problem. It just sucks that it even happened in the first place. But it could've been worse. We both will just have to start parking in the parking garage when we go down. I'll be sure to show you where it is.

And yeah, our matches are always pretty hardcore.

Oh, and I have your controller. I decided to take it with me instead of leaving it at Anthony's because you actually have my controller, and well, yours oddly enough feels perfect to me. I told them it prolly has something to do with us Marth mains, lol. Anyway, feel free to use mine if you need to for the time being. It most likely will feel the same to you too.

good your marth is crazy to watch nice beard
I THINK this is me? Anywho, where the F were you this weekend? You showed up for the SSBO but then we didn't see you again. My Drunken Ness was waiting. However, from what I was told, it seems he was a bit rusty this weekend. It looks like he may just have to make more frequent appearances to shake that rust off. :p (I kid)

7: Boot.Elf 249 (Goosefactor) - This is like the first tournament in 3 weeks I didn't have to play you in brackets. Then again I didn't make it into brackets LOOOOL rocked.
Heh, I know. For once I didn't get a heart attack from fear of getting rested (other than in doubles pools, I didn't play Andale either). And don't worry about this weekend, dud. You'll bounce back. ;)

Matt: Sorry for choking so hard in the doubles bracket. I still feel really bad, which is why I'm debating not entering doubles for a long time. I hate being responsible for somebody else's loss.
Dude, Jason, it's all good. It was a joint effort. A concept in practically all team events is that everyone on the team either revels in victory or has to deal with defeat, regardless of individual performance. It's something that I actually think makes team activities pretty cool. Besides, it's not like I blew anyone out of the water with my performance either. Don't worry about or beat yourself up over it. I do that all the time and keep it to myself, and believe me, it's not fun. We'll just have to team again sometime for some unfinished business. :)

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
Little England i've just been busy and my free time has not been on smash lol :\
i'll team with you at the next tourny if you want..just need to know when it is

and OJ i'm not really sure what to say on pikachu since i never really played one until you, but maybe trying to recover down and back up because i recall edgeguarding you kinda easily

'Fro

Smash Lord
Well, guess it's my (late) turn for these:

1: Kels: Dude, for real, I didn't mean any insult by picking Mario. I just have a ****ty stable of characters. Also, I have to say, despite what I said about the Midwest's standards, you're legit, man. Huge props to how hard you've worked at it. Also, teach me how to mindgame Shy Guys into helping me.
2: Dekuschrub: Enjoyed the set we had in pools! Seems you don't get much practice against Samus, but your experience was too much for me.
3: Dart: Good stuff, sir! Was hoping to have my salty runback on you, but no dice! Also, seems I ran out of money..... :p
4: Andale: You are one crazy man. You almost have an equivalent ratio of rests to other moves.
5: Rat: Samus city! I will be adding more characters to my stable, though, so you'll probably be the only Samus main around for miles and miles.
5: Little England: You are a black Matt. 'Nuff said. At least you cured him though! (or so we thought)
7: Vro: Daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmm..... I got salted on. Good stuff kneeing my sorry *** back where it belongs.
7: Boot.Elf 249 (Goosefactor): U Matt. Thanks for helping me cook. I want to make a thousand references to different drunken hilarities by you right now, but I can't pick one.
9: Kirkq: Joonz? ......... Joonz?
9: 'Fro: That new project you started is pretty cool, if you could stop making those self-killing decisions.
9: Nuisance in the Immigrants (LITP): Good stuff, sir! Your improvement is getting scary.
9: Cykofox: Nice to see you again, Bryan! Keep that patience in against Samus, and remember the key: Get her off the ground. She's crap in the air.
13: ORLY: Just wasn't your day, I gotta say. Bring it back, man! I'll be looking forward to round 3.
13: Voorhese: Hit that red button while holding the stick object downwards. It prevents random luck-outs.
13: Lavos: The return of our hero to the tourney scene! Do beat Andale next time you get that big of an opening, will ya?
13: Mr. H: Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg........... Calling out the worst johns in people all day long. I still don't know how you do that.
17: Zephyrmace: Josh. Josh. Josh. Josh. Josh. Josh. Josh. Josh. JOSH! I'm your teammate, dammit!
17: Koopa Kid 37: Man, you annoyed the crap outta me. Don't come back.
17: Caw! Caw! Caw! (Bees): BRETT! Start doing some more rational analysis on those IC's. I think you have a sick project in the work here, and I can say that truthfully about you for the first time.
17: Deez Nutz: Pools put you in a pretty tight bind, but regardless, you gotta keep your nerve, even after a big mistake. Snowballing is not the way to go. Beachballing right back in there is more like it! :)

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I have like 5 days starting today. So I can stop by on campus and play smash if you want. You still owe me, friendly Link dittos. I'm not enforcing that on you. You should have my number, just give me a call.

Dart!

Smash Master
Hey goose, where do you live? i really need my controller for HDR, it's in two weeks. so no rush...but i need to come get it before then -_-;

Little England

Smash Master
I'm done for the day. It's time to smash it dash it. :awesome:

call/text me or post.

edit/ Also, I'm down to do critique/training sessions with you guys if you request. I'll try to point out mistakes in your game as they happen and tell you how to fix them, etc. etc. You guys can do the same for me too.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I have a test at 6:30 and then have to do math homework but after all that garbage i would be down to smash. I will text you guys when i can.

Top Bottom