• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

'Fro

Smash Lord
Yeah, but being a white middle class male who already tries to be tolerant of other views... I didn't get much out of it.

oh, i've been meaning to say this:
if you have heard me say the word "dervish" in a questionable manner it is from an inside joke from high school that is dieing hard. I am in no way trying to offend anyone of the Islamic faith. I give you all permission to smack me if I do it, I need to get out of the habit before I offend someone. Fro, you can smack me and make a Jesus joke for each time. (although jesus jokes don't bother me... life of brain was funny)
No offense taken, Corey. I'm the president of an international student club, and I still have my suspect moments when it comes to things like this.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Fluffhead was a man
With a horrible disease
Could not find no cure
Won't you help him if you please?

Fluff came to my door
Askin' me for change
His eyes were clear and pure
But his mind was so deranged

Fluff went to a banker
Askin' for some bills
The banker said, "I ain't got that
But I sure got some powerful pills."

'Fro

Smash Lord
If anybody's looking for a beat-em-up with a "fresh yet familiar" feel, and you have a PS3 or 360, splash ten bucks on Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. The game may look silly at first, but it's a really fun romp for two reasons:

1) It's combat is slick,fun, and easy to learn, but leaves you bruised and battered if you take it it lightly.

2) It's filled with different movie and video game references both obvious and subtle. It is an ultimate geek-out trip.

If you want an old school analogy to this game, think of this as River City Ransom on huge video game Roid Rage. It uses the shop system from that game to power up your characters.

Also, I should be free for some games tonight. I'll leave my number on here for the new guys:
Ahmed Alkadhim
(317) 603-4056
Hit me up for Smash, SSFIV, or heck, Scott Pilgrim.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I'm a pretty hardcore RPG player Matt. At least, RPGs pre-PS2/Xbox/GCN
I think I made a new best friend :), although I'm not a huge fan of the second part of your post.:mad:

Also, let the Qoobs know what's goin' down this weekend, you fobs.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Oh joonz no. Anthony's working this weekend, and Fro and I are going to be chillin at Purdue.

*EDIT*

You just called me a fob, didn't you?

_kSo_

Smash Master
WHO THE **** IS GOING TO SAKURAI WITH US? SERIOUSLY.
I've seen him post this like a million times, and he is trying to do you guys a favor so the least you could do is respond with something....

Also, let the Qoobs know what's goin' down this weekend, you fobs.
Again, a second person to remind you guys.

Goose and Fro. If you don't come I am turning off SSBO.
^This

matt why would you go down to purdue when most of us are going to chicago you noob
and, for the grand finale....

u matt.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
england ill pick u up cory ur welcome to come by my house i got a big *** tv that doesnt lag. Smashing at zeta psi tomorrow when i wake up

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Goose and Fro. If you don't come I am turning off SSBO.
Rofl, sorry Vro. But I went to POE. I was hoping that would at least buy me a few more months of being tourney-free.

u matt
what are your favorite RPGs?
Hmm, let me think.

Actraiser I
Breath of Fire I & II
heh, 7th Saga, of course
Soulblazer
Brainlord
Final Fantasy 6
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Lagoon
Super Mario RPG
Lufia I & II
Chrono Trigger

Heh, I'm sure there are more, but these are my SNES favs that are coming to mind right now.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Are those in order of preference?
****ing better not be...I'll smack a ***** for putting Chrono Trigger anywhere out of the top3
here's my SNES tier list
Top Tier-Chrono Trigger, FF6, SMRPG:Lot7S
High Tier-7th Saga, FF4, FF:Mystic Quest, BofI/II, Earthbound
I don't really care enough to note any others. I think you have a larger RPG library than I do, judging by your list. A few games in there I haven't heard of befro

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
hey guys i'm done with BGR now so i'm free for most of today. just call my cell (713-254-2610)

can anyone lend me a controller? i promise to break it in very well if it's newish. people tell me my controllers have a good feel

Jayford

Smash Lord
Out as in smashed in? or out as in burned out? Cuz if it's the latter, then it's like $10 to get fixed.
Burned out, but it's like $40 because my headlights are weird and aren't put in like normal head lights. You have to reach around really far and it's a ***** so I just pay for someone to do it. So I have to find a place around here and take it in >.>

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Are those in order of preference?
****ing better not be...I'll smack a ***** for putting Chrono Trigger anywhere out of the top3
here's my SNES tier list
Top Tier-Chrono Trigger, FF6, SMRPG:Lot7S
High Tier-7th Saga, FF4, FF:Mystic Quest, BofI/II, Earthbound
I don't really care enough to note any others. I think you have a larger RPG library than I do, judging by your list. A few games in there I haven't heard of befro
Oh no, they weren't listed by tiers, just whatever came to me first. Also, Wanderers from YS III and Brandish are also classics. I don't know how these rare gems slipped my mind.

Yeah, I really should get around to playing Earthbound. Maybe when Anthony gets it for the VC (IF it ever comes out >_>) I'll give it a whirl.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
I'm interested in the Chicago tournament now. I have stuff to do Friday until the evening time and more stuff to do Sunday. If anyone is leaving Friday evening or Saturday morning and can make it back by Sunday morning, I'd be really appreciate a ride. :)

(Where's the atm btw? I need some cash lol)

voorhese

Smash Master
well kirk i have another friend who may want to come, is there room?

also m2k and i would rather go friday night and stay with someon (and practice doubles of course), can anyone house us friday night?

kirkq

Smash Ace
I am currently driving at most:

Kirkq
Lance
Jayford
Voorhese
m2k

No one else gave me any final answers. I have 5 seats. If anyone else is planning on going, someone else needs to drive. This is not my problem.

Top Bottom