• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Well then it looks like we'll see you guys then!

And Tink, harass Big C until he finally decides to come down with you. I mentioned it to him already, and he more or less said that he was planning on coming but wasn't positive.

Also, crews? If Tink enters, then we get Kisstuna. :p

Tomacawk

Smash Master
big time johns
couldn't resist. good lookin' out loose tractor, I appreciate the warnings
he has good intentions, but I agree. if people wanna come then they're gunna come, idc about attendance that much

Thanks to CNN, S3BO will be held at Zeta Psi Fraternity at 1:00 PM.
thumbs up=obvious george lol
who gets da voorhese?
We may need multiple crews...I don't really fit into any of these and I don't wanna be left out!

Tink

Smash Hero
what...you ditching me dart 0_oooo....i dont read this thread much -_-.

i guess me and luke are winning teams then.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Well, this is something to possibly look forward to this weekend, "IF" I get Saturday night off. Though if I do have to work, I will make more than whomever wins the tournament.

Jayford

Smash Lord
jay want to do laundry for this one?
I would, but I am teaming with Goose. We've been saying we are going to team together for like a year, but we never have lmao. Next time tho >.> we better freaking do some laundry. No johns, I have all of my fresh up smashes saved up <3

ALSO:

1.) I probably won't be around for singles because I am going to hang out with some people later at night. I won't be gone for super long tho, so I'll be around for crews and stuff.
2.) Can anyone let me stay at their place :3
3.) Goose, I dunno if I posted this I am to lazy to check, but I'll probably have to ride seperately. I have to do some hardcore GRE studying the rest of summer and smash on the weekends = one of my few breaks.
4.) I just got a huge Jigglypuff pillow. You guys will see it's epicness soon.
5.) Who wants to MM me :D.

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Haha ... wat?
I miss a couple days and all the sudden this turns into a real tournament thread ...
It's like you people are just coming out of the woodwork!

Anyway -> Scott's throwing me out tomorrow to go play Sailor Moon fighting games at gen-con.
Is there anyone who'd be willing to put up with me for a couple nights?
(My exam's Friday, and I'd like to hang around for the tournament Saturday since everyone and their brother is coming ...)

I knew I should have left room to sleep in my car!

Dart!

Smash Master
what...you ditching me dart 0_oooo....i dont read this thread much -_-.

i guess me and luke are winning teams then.
I sent you a PM and everything about the tourney long before i ditched you dude...-_-

I'm sticking with Orly, i had to john out of SCSYN teams but not this time. we're bringing the pain train.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I wanna team with wayne
but there's that george guy that I'm already teaming with
get rolled wayne
"ggs lolz -.- o_0/insert other wayneism"

'Fro

Smash Lord
Eh, I don't have a teammate yet, Wayne, so that's an option for ya. I was gonna ask Goose to team as a result of you and Dart teaming, but since Dart's with ORLY and Goose is with Jayford.... Well, lemme know.

EDIT: And you know Anthony won't play in this anyways.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Fro we should play SSF4 this weekend :D. The one of the best players in Iowa lived by me and we played Brawl and then he taught me how to play SSF4. So now I might be able to hold my own against you lol.
Heh, I've been taught the hard way that I'm not good at that game. Then again, I never claimed to be good. Luckily, Purdue is forming a decent core of SSF4 players, so I've managed to get in some practice. Remember Corey has your arcade stick, though. What character have you been learning again? Rufus?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I might be bringing Kourck to this. Does anybody want to moneymatch him in SSF4, and will there be a SSF4 setup here?

'Fro

Smash Lord
I might be bringing Kourck to this. Does anybody want to moneymatch him in SSF4, and will there be a SSF4 setup here?
MM would depend on the amount, but there should be a SSF4 setup provided by me, since I'm seeing a good number of people showing interest.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
my friend Bryan is getting into SSF4, I told him to play with you guys when he gets back this weekend. Hes going on some nonsense about building an arcade stick?? i dont understand this

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Building an arcade is pretty simple once you get the build of an arcade stick cemented in your brain. Typically people buy their parts from Lizard Lick(at least, they used to when I read about this) and then they'll typically get either some fancy shmancy wood crap and construct one or some people will be bizarre and make them out of like...suitcases and stuff o_O

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
Building an arcade is pretty simple once you get the build of an arcade stick cemented in your brain. Typically people buy their parts from Lizard Lick(at least, they used to when I read about this) and then they'll typically get either some fancy shmancy wood crap and construct one or some people will be bizarre and make them out of like...suitcases and stuff o_O
lol I saw one made out of a pizza box. There are a bunch of them in the shoryuken forum thingy.
I wont be coming to this one guys since I'll be going home :bee:

and Jay shame on you. I hate Dhalism so much. =[

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
I used to play as Abel, but his mixup combination is just too complex for my simple brain atm v_v...I'm currently dabbling in Rufus/Dee Jay/bandwagon Chun Li atm, but I want to switch back to Abel eventually because he ***** sooooo hard >_<

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Haha ... wat?
I miss a couple days and all the sudden this turns into a real tournament thread ...
It's like you people are just coming out of the woodwork!

Anyway -> Scott's throwing me out tomorrow to go play Sailor Moon fighting games at gen-con.
Is there anyone who'd be willing to put up with me for a couple nights?
(My exam's Friday, and I'd like to hang around for the tournament Saturday since everyone and their brother is coming ...)

I knew I should have left room to sleep in my car!
Somebody house poor Skylar! He's let us fob around so much at his place this Summer!

Also, you've decided to stick around for a while this weekend? Nice. Um, if that's the case, can you somehow arrange for your GC memory card to fall into my hands when I come down? I wasn't gonna say anything, but since you'll be around....Besides, Doopliss and Sir Grodus are gettin' a bit too cocky for their own good, and me and my Goombella gotz to take them down!

Oh, and yeah that's fine Jay, I'll just plan on riding down with Anthony.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
House me!
Gotcha.

Also, I need a partner for this. I plan on going mostly fox, so I'll be even worse than my usually scrubby self, but I think I'm a little better than that level 9 gannondorf who was your backup plan.

I'll play SSF4, but I'm even worse at that than I am at smash, I have like 4 hours clocked on that game... but it's fun.

Top Bottom