• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Nuke Bros. Melee] - OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED YES

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I've played it (being a tester and all lawl) to death, and I think you guys will be MUCH happier with this demo over the betas from earlier. Taro's been busting nuts trying to get it perfect for you guys xD

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ Works well for me. O:

As noted elsewhere, Good show. Certainly the makings of something deep and very patiently executed.
I take it Cloud will be working as Ike's replacement in this game? :p
Meowth better not've taken the place of ANOTHER certain cat...
Shoot, crappy old-gaspy-weezy Brawl Mario voice. His 64/Melee voice was the best. Ah, well.
Love how .... was an early unlockable, and the concept of ...... as a stage was too cool.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I've played it (being a tester and all lawl) to death, and I think you guys will be MUCH happier with this demo over the betas from earlier. Taro's been busting nuts trying to get it perfect for you guys xD
Being a fellow beta tester, this is certainly a true statement.

You guys better enjoy this masterpiece of his.

:) :)

And, upon playing the demo, Cloud is my main. Meowth was my main in previous Betas, and I didn't like Cloud much when he first showed up...but now, for some reason, I just can't get enough of him.

And Omnislash is ridiculousness.

Florida

イーグランツ
Cloud and Sonic are definitely the better characters IMO. Cloud's Final Smash is full of pwn, and Sonic is just a speedy little demon that racks up quick damage. secretcharacter is also pretty good, but so hard to control. He takes time to getting used to.

Anyway, good job on the demo guys! This is going to turn into something absolutely splendid. Keep up the good work!

(Pikachu's FS for the freakin' win!)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Cloud and Sonic are definitely the better characters IMO. Cloud's Final Smash is full of pwn, and Sonic is just a speedy little demon that racks up quick damage. secretcharacter is also pretty good, but so hard to control. He takes time to getting used to.

Anyway, good job on the demo guys! This is going to turn into something absolutely splendid. Keep up the good work!

(Pikachu's FS for the freakin' win!)
I had alot of trouble playing with secretcharacter. I don't remember having all that trouble before, but then again, I've never been very good with secretcharacter.

Their FS is full of total awesomeness though.

I also still love SNBM Peach.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I can use any character with ease, really.

My favorite atm is Cloud because his sideB is too good and he combos really well :laugh:

Second favorite... Hmm... I guess secretcharacter. I suggested a lot of ideas for him to be a bit better and now he's really fun to play and full of surprises when I want him to be.

Third is Meowth. He's a beast. Meow.

I dunno what's wrong with me, but I main all of the characters who could lock with a sideB before >_>;;

My least favorite is Pikachu. I'm good with him and all, but his aerial feels awkward to me with its short, weakish hitbox and long cooldown. I would have been much happier with his Smash fair.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
I'm very surprised (in a good way) at the reception of Meowth. I was expecting a lot of people to be like "WTF? Meowth?", but I'm glad that a lot of people are finding him fun to play. I know I did when I first tested him ;D

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
The idea of Meowth came to me in a dream.

No joke, I kid you not. He was also in an SSB fan-trailer I made.

If Nintendo gets a hold of this game, they should follow our Meowth example. And also tell Lucario to GTFO.

D-Mac

Smash Rookie
If Nintendo gets a hold of this game, they should follow our Meowth example.
THAT.

Meowth is my absolute favourite character in anything ever, so it's a dream come to not only get to play as him at long last, but to have the opportunity to provide his voice as well.

I really couldn't be any prouder of the job you and Callum have done. You're the best at being the best.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
SPOILERS

You've to play 3 VS Matches to unlock the last char, but I played 9, but still haven't him/her. Does it have to be 3 Stocks?
BTW, Meowth, my man. Impressive to see you put him in and it works. Good job. *thumbs up*
Too bad Cloud is a bit too strong, but this is the first 'real' demo, so nothing to worry about, right?

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
SPOILERS

You've to play 3 VS Matches to unlock the last char, but I played 9, but still haven't him/her. Does it have to be 3 Stocks?
BTW, Meowth, my man. Impressive to see you put him in and it works. Good job. *thumbs up*
Too bad Cloud is a bit too strong, but this is the first 'real' demo, so nothing to worry about, right?
The game can't save its data if you don't have cookies enabled or allow whichever site you're playing on to allow more than 1KB of data to be saved.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Yeah, as one of the testers, the guy's working his *** off. The demo is a LOT of fun.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Totally working on a Meowth Combo video.

Also, waveland is so broken with Meowth. I'm sorry. LOL.

Waveland Pounce and Waveland Screech is amazing.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Hey, guys you are really doing great. What you need is an advertising campaign because frankly, not enough people know about this.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Hey guys! This is Callum Stamp.

We really desperately need some Forum members! Go check out our AWESOME forum at
www.supernukebros.omgforum.net
(There are loads of extras and inside information bits inside! Also, Snapshot contests and the like!)

DUDES! We are doing Daily Updates. Check out our website at
www.supernukebros.moonfruit.com

And ofcourse, you can play the first released demo on there, too!

Have loads of fun.

Callum

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Characters

*removed by myself* ;>

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So yeah, just played the demo.
Super Nuke Finish... Awesome.
The music needs to loop a bit better.
The stage transformations seem a bit buggy, it's not immediately obvious if your character is on the ground.
The controls feel a little unresponsive.
There needs to be a download link, so it can be opened offline.
It's not clear where blastzones are.
Camera zoom definitely needs to be fixed.
Grab would be nice in future versions.
Jump slows dashing momentum.
It should zoom out on the stage transformations on tower of guidance.
My Music?
Random function for both stages and characters?
The words of "Super Nuke Finish" should appear as the words are said.
Samus's missile has a graphical error.
The cars on Twoson have WAY too much knockback. (Speaking of which, Threed? Please?)
Character select screen has a level 5 Ness after the match.

Final... Nukes?
Mario's seems to be an instant kill if you hit with it.
Cloud's ( :/ ) doesn't kill always on Tower of Guidance so far, it could be a large stage, though the odd zoom makes it hard to tell.

I'ma test more, specifically whether if you lose to Ness, is he there on the CSS?
Awesome game so far, I expect a good Mother character outside of things similar to Ness.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Animations need to be more lively, reduce the lag on shielding, make controls more responsive (if you want a list on what needs improvement, just say).

It kind of reminds me of SSB64, i played that the other night and idk why but it feels similar.

NNID
Budget_Player
Played this. A few comments.

Approaching is a moot point for several people; no dash attacks, one aerial, and two ground attacks total make it a *****. If you don't have either the Nair from god (Cloud), a special that will approach (Cloud, Peach, Sonic, Meowth AFAIK), or a projectile that forces the opponent to come to you (Cloud, Samus), then you are in trouble.

Link is absolutely horrible when you get in his face. His projectiles aren't exactly the fastest (they're pretty easy to get around), and his only air move goes straight down. Guess who I would place as worst char in SSBN? His bombs are pretty much his only saving grace.

Getting people off you without grabs or indeed any good OOS options is terrible. This fact is mitigated because almost every attack that could pressure is so **** slow that you can drop your shield and just walk away.

Honestly, I feel this project is lacking in several things (about 9 or so). It's very sluggish, and actually acting aggressive is a nightmare. You can't make the opponent go where you want to, combos are out the window, most attacks are slow as hell, and it just doesn't appeal at all.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hm...
1) I dunno about the others, but I can't get Peach to duck.
2) Only the side attacks and neutral attack (not counting specials) are usable?
3) The animations are pretty lackluster.
4) Needs more Gardevoir *shot* Kidding with this one... kinda.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Specials do compensate for the lack of moves a lot more than they would in Smash Bros. They are generally more useful, and I find that I can knock my enemy about how I want them to, if I take the time to learn how the specials work.

Top Bottom