• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Nuke Bros. Melee] - OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED YES

Steelia

Smash Champion
Just to keep you all updated, we've just started work on an exciting new feature of the game. I won't tell you what it is, because that will ruin the surprise, but this feature will massively increase the amount of fun one can have in this game!
...Adding more characters? :}D

*shot*

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Where do you go to actually play the game...?

@_@

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I don't know if you're still taking character requests, but if you are, I say Gardevoir. :3

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Character requests are always open. We are always happy to listen to people's wishes. Though, the later it is left, the less likely the character will be able to be included.

The game is really going. We haven't been idle in all the time we've been silent. We expect to have something new for you quite soon.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Character requests are always open. We are always happy to listen to people's wishes. Though, the later it is left, the less likely the character will be able to be included.

The game is really going. We haven't been idle in all the time we've been silent. We expect to have something new for you quite soon.
I'd help you put her in myself, but I have exactly 0 knowledge of coding.

If you need a ref for Gardevoir, just look at my avatar. XD *shot* Kidding.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Buzzsaw, the game isn't actually out yet. We are expecting to release a demo shortly, but we have had some setbacks that we weren't expecting, though we've ironed out most of the bugs and such, so there should be few more setbacks.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Ah ha... big bang release! Waterfall model!

/software engineering terms

Gotcha. I saw YouTube videos and assumed people were already playing the game publicly.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Hmm... I know. Maybe I could make a moveset? Just tell me everything that has to be included and I'll get right to work. :3 (assuming you'll let me help, of course)

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
if character requests are still open i say mewtwo or isaac or ninten or skapon... i <3 mewtwo, isaac, ninten, and skapon.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I support Gardevoir as a character. It would be sweet if she could have the shield she uses in Brawl as one of her specials.

One Psychic pokemon is enough, since most of them have the same moves.... I would prefer Gardevoir over Mewtwo because Gardevoir's moveset would be more interesting and better than Mewtwo's, and plus she looks cooler and she's so... graceful. ;P

This is what my Gardevoir moveset would be like:

Special: Confuse Ray- There are 2 versions of Confuse Ray. Pressing the special button will send a large sphere that shoots fast but doesn't do a lot of knockback or stun or damage. If you hold the special button it will charge the orb until it becomes small and purple, and when it flies off it will temporarily mess up the opponent's controls/actions if it hits them. It's a tradeoff for a larger hitbox and less stun, or a smaller hitbox and the confusion status

Up Special: Calm Mind- Gardevoir will meditate, allowing her to float freely for 2 seconds.

Side Special: Hypnosis/Dream Eater- Puts opponent to sleep. The more damage they have, the longer they'll stay asleep. Use again on a sleeping opponent to use Dream Eater, giving 1/10 of your damage to them, and waking them up.

Down Special: Reflect- Create a big shield around yourself that reflects all thrown items and projectiles, and pushes enemies back upon starting the attack. It is like a regular shield in that it will get smaller until it is too small to protect you.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
This game is awesome. I can't wait to use the Werehog! Btw, I am begging you, please add Goemon. I have a moveset for him, alternate costumes, winning poses and taunts. Lol, remember when the Brawl website was first introduced, and people made their own character updates? Good times. . .

Steelia

Smash Champion
I support Gardevoir as a character. It would be sweet if she could have the shield she uses in Brawl as one of her specials.

One Psychic pokemon is enough, since most of them have the same moves.... I would prefer Gardevoir over Mewtwo because Gardevoir's moveset would be more interesting and better than Mewtwo's, and plus she looks cooler and she's so... graceful. ;P
I could support the idea of Gardevoir as well, but if it means to be the successor of Mewtwo then disregard that. Mewtwo has far more reputation/experience in the franchise... Gardevoir's more of a "cult hit" kind of Pokemon.
Plus, unless you cannot think outside the box, Mewtwo could also pull off an amazing moveset. Go figure for people to allow Melee to set his moveset standards over thinking he has a chance of gaining speed, power, and overall a fresh makeover. :rolleyes:

There's more than enough space for more psychic Pkmn. It's not like they'll all be clones of one another spamming Psychic across the field or anything.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I could support the idea of Gardevoir as well, but if it means to be the successor of Mewtwo then disregard that. Mewtwo has far more reputation/experience in the franchise... Gardevoir's more of a "cult hit" kind of Pokemon.
Plus, unless you cannot think outside the box, Mewtwo could also pull off an amazing moveset. Go figure for people to allow Melee to set his moveset standards over thinking he has a chance of gaining speed, power, and overall a fresh makeover. :rolleyes:

There's more than enough space for more psychic Pkmn. It's not like they'll all be clones of one another spamming Psychic across the field or anything.
I like Mewtwo but what kind of moveset could you make for him? :\ I just can't think of anything. And any moves he can use Gard can pretty much use... so...

Although, it would be cool to have Mewtwo as the *Sweeper* character who uses speed and power to take down foes, and Gard would be more *tank*ish and use tricky tactics to beat foes.

It's just that having two Psychic Pokemon... there are so many Pokemon anyways, and having more than say, 5 or 6 Pokemon in the game would seem a little much. All of the Pokemon should be substantially different from eachother, and have different tactics/strategies. Otherwise it's like a Poke-Overload : P A good Pokemon roster would be this:

Pikachu [Speedy comboer]
Lucario [Brute force and staying power]
Gardevoir or Mewtwo [Trickiness and defensive moves][Or Trickiness and power for Mewtwo]
Squirtle [Speed and an aerial acrobat]
Jigglypuff [Complete aerial maneuverability]
Ivysaur or Roserade [Long reach and projectile user]

Personally I don't like Jigglypuff, but a lot of other people love her

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
No, this isn't dead. In fact, we are on the verge of finishing up all the starter characters! I believe the second to last one is just about finished in coding, and the last is getting along with animation.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Only 8 characters and 5 stages? The last version I played had 17 characters (18 if you count Sandbag) and 9 stages (10 if you count thr Training Room)...

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Only 8 characters and 5 stages? The last version I played had ... characters (... if you count ...) and ... stages (... if you count the ...)...
That was not official.
Besides, two of the characters you're going to be using, you will never have seen before.
As well as almost half of the stages.

Oh, and everyone now has final smashes.

Please edit your post accordingly :)

Also, that leak didn't have "fun stuff" now did it!

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
That was not official.
Besides, two of the characters you're going to be using, you will never have seen before.
As well as almost half of the stages.

Oh, and everyone now has final smashes.

Please edit your post accordingly :)

Also, that leak didn't have "fun stuff" now did it!
The non-brawl characters were quite "fun". :)

Steelia

Smash Champion
Ahhh, ****, Final Smashes. Well, hopefully they're more tuned than the broken ones found in Brawl.

Certainly looking forward to the demo. I personally probably won't play it, unless it has specific characters that tickle my fancy. ;)

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Ahhh, ****, Final Smashes. Well, hopefully they're more tuned than the broken ones found in Brawl.

Certainly looking forward to the demo. I personally probably won't play it, unless it has specific characters that tickle my fancy. ;)
Well, there might just be.

It's worth giving it a go anyway. It's been a lot of trouble to get it how it is now, and I think you'll be pleasantly suprised with how it's come out.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
How are we ever expected to be able to determine a release for the full game?

There is so much more to do, and most of it we haven't even got to the point of thinking about yet!
If we had a huge team of developers, like Brawl, then maybe a release date would be feasable, but even they couldn't stick to it. It's just not going to happen. Yet.

Top Bottom