• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Nuke Bros. Melee] - OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED YES

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
It is so awesome, that it looks Photoshopped. I have never seen a game this stunningly similar to Smash.
This LAUGHS in Super smash Flash's Face.

You cant get much better than that!

Egret

Smash Journeyman
It is so awesome, that it looks Photoshopped. I have never seen a game this stunningly similar to Smash.
This LAUGHS in Super smash Flash's Face.

You cant get much better than that!
-There were no tilts
-Theres only a forward smash
-Theres only one aerial
-Theres no grab (that I could find)
time will tell.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Lol let's not turn this into a Melee vs. Brawl SSF vs. SNBM thread.

That's not what we're here for.
I'm going to say this with all honesty. If
*WHEN*
you put ROB in the game, give him a stage. NOT an NES mario bros stage, a STAGE of his own. PLEASE.

He deserves it.

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
I played the demo with DK.

I'm sorry but, why couldn't I run? It might be a good idea to finish a character before putting them in the demo.

The blood is kinda weird, the look is just weird, but I guess that's just the style, so if the entire game is like that, it would look Okay.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Question: You said to tell who we wanted in, so are you taking requests for original characters?
It does not seem all that likely, no.

I played the demo with DK.

The blood is kinda weird, the look is just weird, but I guess that's just the style, so if the entire game is like that, it would look Okay.
The hit flashes aren't final.

The demo with DK is old.

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
All right, played the demo with Sonic.

Once again, I'm sorry but it was just not fun, couldn't keep my attention, but maybe I'm too used used to SSF2 and I don't wanna open my mind.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Heh, well I'd certainly hope not, but all I can say is the stages are too small in my opinion and the game is kinda slow paced, maybe it's just me.
There are definitely gonna be larger stages in future.
As for the speed, I'll see what I can do.
Thanks for the feedback, that's what this thread is for :)

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I got KO'd Mario by leaping off the edge, waiting for him to follow then Up B'd to safety xD

It's looking pretty good though, but I may have missed this part; is there any hope for multiple smash attacks in future demos of the game (or in the final version)?

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I got KO'd Mario by leaping off the edge, waiting for him to follow then Up B'd to safety xD

It's looking pretty good though, but I may have missed this part; is there any hope for multiple smash attacks in future demos of the game (or in the final version)?
The amount of animating and coding to add in 7 tilts, 2 standards AND 3 smashes would have taken far too long, with far too much code to handle. Grab is also extremely tricky because of the amount of code that needs to be halted and such. It does look like these are going to be final. we may choose to have tether recoveries though.
Probably notXD

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
There are ways to make this online, but it would be difficult. We have high hopes that we will be able to include it though =D

As for mindgaming, the AI is not necessarily final. It will need some improving, and this may include better recoveries when off the stage.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Don't expect this game to be a sequel to Brawl or anything. We don't have tilts or grabs but whatever, it makes it more easy and this way we'll actually FINISH the game. Unlike other Smash projects from various artists that just fail because there's too much work into too much moves.

I hope you understand. It's all for the greater good.
Atleast you guys won't get Sakurai'd. As in: Atleast
we wont put in useless characters.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Don't expect this game to be a sequel to Brawl or anything. We don't have tilts or grabs but whatever, it makes it more easy and this way we'll actually FINISH the game. Unlike other Smash projects from various artists that just fail because there's too much work into too much moves.

I hope you understand. It's all for the greater good.
Atleast you guys won't get Sakurai'd. As in: Atleast
we wont put in useless characters.
The only problem I really have with the lack of tilts and smashes is that on the ground you can't attack above you without jumping and the game is a little floaty so that leaves you open. I suggest you try if possible to speed the game up and make it less floaty.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
The only problem I really have with the lack of tilts and smashes is that on the ground you can't attack above you without jumping and the game is a little floaty so that leaves you open. I suggest you try if possible to speed the game up and make it less floaty.
Alright, I'll see what I can do about the floatiness.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I think Bowser's movement speed should increase and weaken his attacks a little bit. Otherwise I think he'll be an lol character like he is in MeleeXD. Also DK and Bowser get stuck on the right platform of Pokemon Stadium.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Sonic has already been made balanced enough, making his B home would make him a broken character, it is useful enough anyway.
Thats understandable but I wonder if Im missing it but how does the game decide which way sonic should go when he does his homming attack?

I think I'll keep this as a running joke in the demos.

Half the people won't know what's going on, but you and Super Sonic 8677 will
be able to find hidden characters, lol.
Man thats ticking me off. I'm gonna find it.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
well it's a flash game (it will probably be on newgrounds) and I guess if you want it they'll let you download it.

Florida

イーグランツ
I function as a tester on character balance for Super Nuke Bros. Melee. I have tested all of the characters and stages that are created, so I think I'm safe to say that this game is going to be amazing. I bug TaroNuke and 2nd Stamp every day about new updates and progress on the game; I'm very stoked.

Free For All!

It sure is hectic...

Top Bottom