• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Nuke Bros. Melee] - OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED YES

Wavekirby

Smash Journeyman
If I can suggest one game series for characters I would by all means suggest Chrono Trigger. Please, PLEASE, consider it as an option. Also will this game have online play (is that possible)? But regardless of these comments this is by far the best fan game ever! In the history of fan games! This is like looking forward to Brawl all over again!!

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
If I can suggest one game series for characters I would by all means suggest Chrono Trigger. Please, PLEASE, consider it as an option. Also will this game have online play (is that possible)? But regardless of these comments this is by far the best fan game ever! In the history of fan games! This is like looking forward to Brawl all over again!!
I agree chrono is far to often ignored.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Online play is being planned at the moment, though whether or not it will actually be incorporated is another matter, since neither Taro or me know how to do it. It all depends on finding someone who is willing to help with it.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Wait.

You guys have THE Voice Actor for Fox?

Are you kidding me?
Well, we have a few professional voice actors working
on voices for characters. Because we know for one that
one character from Brawl had alot of lines in the game,
so we'll eagerly await adding that aswell.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
We don't have the original fox voice actor, lol. Unless Taro or 2nd has hired the guy without telling me 0.0

(That's extremely unlikely though)
Hahaha, not the original, no. Having the original wouldn't be as awesome
as what were planning now. A more N64 Starfox type voice actor. : D

-DXH-

Smash Cadet
Midna, Isaac, King K. Rool, Megaman, Bowser Jr, Metaknight, DeDeDe. Then Im happy. And please, no MasterChief or similiar character. It just ruins the colorful sexiness of nintendo :D

EDIT: Fóund a glitch of sort in the demo, but maybe it's something you can't change... Anyways, all Neutral B attacks kinda cancels to any other B attacks creating some sweet combos:

DK: Giant Punch -> Recovery

Mario: Fireball -> Cape/Recovery

Sonic: Homing Attack -> Spring Jump

Maybe it's only in the demo, but yea, thaught I should say it anyways. Keep up the amazing work with the game! :D

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
EDIT: Fóund a glitch of sort in the demo, but maybe it's something you can't change... Anyways, all Neutral B attacks kinda cancels to any other B attacks creating some sweet combos:

DK: Giant Punch -> Recovery

Mario: Fireball -> Cape/Recovery

Sonic: Homing Attack -> Spring Jump

Maybe it's only in the demo, but yea, thaught I should say it anyways. Keep up the amazing work with the game! :D
It was an unintentional cancel that I decided to keep until a character becomes severely broken with it.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
I noticed it already, and we had a very long discussion to come to that conclusion. We decided, finally, that as there are only two A moves (as of yet), we would need some other form of combo inducer, and this fit the bill nicely.

cwm123

Smash Cadet
Tripping is ********. It probably won't be included.
:urg:

Where can I find the latest demo for this game? I know of the one where DK fights a sandbag, and the one with Mario and Sonic and their inability to move. Is there a more recent one?

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... Did you try clicking on the game? Flash keyboard commands don't work unless the flash is the active window, and it won't necessarily be the active window when it is opened.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
The amount of animating and coding to add in 7 tilts, 2 standards AND 3 smashes would have taken far too long, with far too much code to handle. Grab is also extremely tricky because of the amount of code that needs to be halted and such. It does look like these are going to be final. we may choose to have tether recoveries though.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
The amount of animating and coding to add in 7 tilts, 2 standards AND 3 smashes would have taken far too long, with far too much code to handle. Grab is also extremely tricky because of the amount of code that needs to be halted and such. It does look like these are going to be final. we may choose to have tether recoveries though.
I'll be honest that, that is a huge disapointment. Honestly I don't think its worth having such amazing graphics if the gameplay suffers from it and becomes limited. I mean lack of a grab is one thing but lacking aerials and smashes and tilts is another.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
It wasn't the graphics that made this happen, it was mostly due to the coding. The game would suffer lag if every character had more moves, and it would also increase the filesize by a considerable amount...

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
It wasn't the graphics that made this happen, it was mostly due to the coding. The game would suffer lag if every character had more moves, and it would also increase the filesize by a considerable amount...
Not to be rude or anything but everything I stated is in Super Smash Flash. I'm not sure what you guys are using however I know its possible.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I noticed some things in both demos and I'm curious if these are final.
-There were no tilts
-Theres only a forward smash
-Theres only one aerial
-Theres no grab (that I could find)
...Maybe in the sequel :lol:

Not to be rude or anything but everything I stated is in Super Smash Flash. I'm not sure what you guys are using however I know its possible.
Super Smash Flash doesn't have Kirby hats, and they put that down to a filesize issue :ohwell:

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
You guys have to keep in mind this is a fan game!! It is amazing what they have done already. Just got done beating up Bowser with Sonic. Sonic's air move seems to spike at higher percents. I like how the homing attack is faster,but It really isnt anymore useful than it is in Brawl if it doesn't actually home in.XD

If it's at all possible could Sonic please have his side taunt? Star KOing the enemy isn't quite the same without itXD. I like the more Melee like air dodges. The smash can be done while running which is different and interesting.

Keep up the good work!!:chuckle:

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
You guys have to keep in mind this is a fan game!! It is amazing what they have done already. Just got done beating up Bowser with Sonic. Sonic's air move seems to spike at higher percents. I like how the homing attack is faster,but It really isnt anymore useful than it is in Brawl if it doesn't actually home in.XD
Okay, how the F*** did you get a hold of that copy of the game...

Also, thank you for your kindness :)

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Super Smash Flash doesn't have Kirby hats, and they put that down to a filesize issue :ohwell:
Which is why I said gameplay shouldn't suffer for graphics.

I understand it is a fan game however in the first post 2nd said he wants opinions on the game and thats my opinion. I'm still excited for the game however just less excited.

Also I found it a little hard to get KO. Just something you may want to fix. Also you may want to make Sonic's homming attach rise less because on battlefield the platforms are so low that he often rises above them making the move useless on the ground.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I hope you include more characters, and better stages.
Will this have an online function?
And....
Are you going to show favoritism in characters? (Like give anyone Snake range)

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I hope you include more characters, and better stages.
Will this have an online function?
And....
Are you going to show favoritism in characters? (Like give anyone Snake range)
We have a team of people who aren't working on the game to test balance.

I guess that means everybody has Snake's range.

Or if you want to think about it literally: Nobody does.

Top Bottom