• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Nuke Bros. Melee] - OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED YES

Dave08

Smash Rookie
Just played the Sonic-Mario Demo and to my surprise when I tried airdodging I was wavedashing around.
The lvl. 1 CPU kept jabbing me so most of the time I couldn't get Sonics Smash to hit (It's pretty short range).
About the chars:
Are you gonna implement other non Nintendo characters in it and what about Anime and fanmade?

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Just played the Sonic-Mario Demo and to my surprise when I tried airdodging I was wavedashing around.
The lvl. 1 CPU kept jabbing me so most of the time I couldn't get Sonics Smash to hit (It's pretty short range).
About the chars:
Are you gonna implement other non Nintendo characters in it and what about Anime and fanmade?
We're putting in whoever the hell we feel like, that's what this thread is for pretty much.
We aren't going to put in characters a lot of people hate (anime, etc), however
you CAN expect to see characters from all over the gaming universe.

Unfortunately, some of the characters currently in Smash will disappear, but you can
always look forward to seeing all the new faces.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
I function as a tester on character balance for Super Nuke Bros. Melee. I have tested all of the characters and stages that are created, so I think I'm safe to say that this game is going to be amazing. I bug TaroNuke and 2nd Stamp every day about new updates and progress on the game; I'm very stoked.
You never bug me.. :(

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
....>_<
How do you play as Bowserrrrrrr?

Also, if you run of a platform and press the attack button, it does your smash attack in the air.
Awesomeness. =P

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Thanks! :D

...Wow, this is a LOT of fun. o.o I totally didn't expect much, especially with the lack of moves, but it works out great. It emphasizes on B moves, but that's okay. I notice that grabs don't seem to be programmed. A faster pace would be nice for the final game and the shields should definitely come out faster. Great game, though. I can't wait for the final product. :D Oh, and the blood is lame. Kill it please. XD

I'll find Bowser if it kills me!

Florida

イーグランツ
....>_<
How do you play as Bowserrrrrrr?

Also, if you run of a platform and press the attack button, it does your smash attack in the air.
Awesomeness. =P
Even in the cut-back demo TaroNuke supplied, you can play as Donkey Kong and Bowser (but I won't reveal the secret ;o). Also, the technique you're mentioning when a smash attack is performed in the air is something that we (the testers) have come to call wavesmashing, lol. It's been brought to the attention of Taro and 2nd, and they're keeping it.

Thanks! :D

...Wow, this is a LOT of fun. o.o I totally didn't expect much, especially with the lack of moves, but it works out great. It emphasizes on B moves, but that's okay. I notice that grabs don't seem to be programmed. A faster pace would be nice for the final game and the shields should definitely come out faster. Great game, though. I can't wait for the final product. :D Oh, and the blood is lame. Kill it please. XD

I'll find Bowser if it kills me!
I don't like the blood either, actually. I totally forgot to mention that to Taro. o.o

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Okay.
Can I have a hint as to how to play as Bowser? ^_^ just a hint??

-DXH-

Smash Cadet
haha, i found bowser and dk :p :D i think u should nerf bowser huge start-up lag for his smash. I know its supposed to be slow, but man, its impossible to hit with :O Also, is Bowser -> B rly usefull? Maybe i didn't try it out enough.. Hmm...

Anyways, great job, can't wait until the finished product. Will there be a new demo with more characters anytime soon?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I found Bowser and DK. You did a good job with them as well as Mario and Sonic. I can't wait for the demo with all of the original 8.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Omg, it's PDawgy. Hai^^ It's TaroNuke, XD

Anwyay, yeah, we'll consider it. That's kinda what this thread is for :p
If that's what the thread is for, add Meta Ridley and an Artifact Temple stage. I know you can't respond to it, but consider it at least.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
HEY yur that one guy on devART, your working on this game? awsome!!! :laugh::laugh:
Yeah, I actually STARTED this whole project, and I'm the sole coder, with Hoeloe on
stage design and code help, and 2nd on model making and character design/animation.

He'll also be doing cut scenes in story mode, but I want to make a few too.

PDawgy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I actually STARTED this whole project, and I'm the sole coder, with Hoeloe on
stage design and code help, and 2nd on model making and character design/animation.

He'll also be doing cut scenes in story mode, but I want to make a few too.
that's cool :)

you think I can help some how? I'm going to buy flash again next Sunday, and I'm kind of good at drawing animations

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Even I didn't know how to find Bowser and DK until egruntz dropped the hint! Then again, since I have a demo with them easily accessable, I suppose I didn't need to... It's nice that the arrow keys move your piece around though, that was a nice little addon.

majora_787

Smash Hero
When are you guys gonna start updating on the site? Just curious, I want to see the entries for the 9 confirmed characters.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Quite a few of these characters are simply confirmed. A number of them don't even have models made yet, let alone animations or programming! We need to get models done, as well as animation and programming for some of them. Also, 2nd is the only one with the power to update the site, and he isn't just working on this project, he has a number of others, which makes updating the site rather tricky...

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Quite a few of these characters are simply confirmed. A number of them don't even have models made yet, let alone animations or programming! We need to get models done, as well as animation and programming for some of them. Also, 2nd is the only one with the power to update the site, and he isn't just working on this project, he has a number of others, which makes updating the site rather tricky...
Who are the nine confirmed characters?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ah, that explains it.
Well by the looks of it, there are only models that need to be done for four characters. So I'm gonna keep a positive attitude on that subject.

@ GCM: The 9 confirmed were the original 8 and one secret character who I don't want to spoil. But he makes me happy. ^^

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Ah, that explains it.
Well by the looks of it, there are only models that need to be done for four characters. So I'm gonna keep a positive attitude on that subject.

@ GCM: The 9 confirmed were the original 8 and one secret character who I don't want to spoil. But he makes me happy. ^^
But sonic is confirmed as is Bowser. So there are more than nine confirmed. Aren't there?

Top Bottom