• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Nuke Bros. Melee] - OFFICIAL DEMO RELEASED YES

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Wow, I can't believe I havn't noticed this before. All I can say is, what an amazing aspirational project, and I realy hope it goes as well as you hope it will.

Just some thoughts I'd personally like to throw in there (I'm sure it's been said before though)
- Bomberman and Isaac playable, as well as more female characters, that's all I ask for character wise.
- A score system, I missed it in Brawl. If it's too complex or anything then that's not a problem.
- More technical than Brawl, but less so than Melee (if you know what I mean) For example, Brawl makes air item grabbing and short hopping too easy, and I think they're just right, or possibly a little too hard in Melee. A medium would be a good idea IMO.

Might drop some more stuff in there later. :p of course people are bound to disagree so I guess the majority opinion will have to be taken on board.

More than anything though I hope you don't feel you have to strain yourself for the fans of the game.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Right then, that's good to hear! I'll go all out for a bit XD

Characters I'd like in it:

- Bomberman [Bomberman]
- Isaac [Golden Sun]
- Sora [Kingdom Hearts]

- Palutena [Kid Icarus]
- Rosalina [Mario]
- May [Pokémon] as a Pokémon Trainer :p
- Chibi-Robo [Chibi-Robo!]
- Phoenix Wright [Ace Attorney]
- Vaati [Zelda]
- No Cloud (;))
- Classic Sonic (as an alt. costume for Sonic XD)
- Mudkip [Pokémon]
- Mona [WarioWare]

Stages
- Mario Galaxy
- Kingdom Hearts
- WarioLand
- Bomberman

Requests:
- Make Sonic respectable. That's my only request. D:

So yeah, do some of that if you feel like it XD bold stuff is probably what I'd like most out of all I posted.

Really looking forward to how this comes along. It's very rare in fan communities for a big fangame project to be completed, so I hope this becomes one of the rare occasions ^^ Good luck.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Sonic is already a finished character, and, as of the moment, and probably forever, there are no alt costumes, far too much work, and the filesize would be immense. Play the demo in Kazuki's sig for a look at the new Sonic.

Florida

イーグランツ
SuperLink said:
Requests:
- Make Sonic respectable. That's my only request. D:
You really ought to play the demos that are released if you haven't yet. Sonic's character is fully complete with his full moveset, taunt, and airdodge. He's also one of the few characters available in the demo, so why not play it for yourself and see how respectable Sonic is?

P.S. I function in the SNBM team as a beta tester for character balance. I, as well as others who do the same, are trying our best to make the characters as even and well-balanced as possible. So, we have the hope that the fans view as all of the characters as being respectable.

P.P.S. I've recently tested the newest camera system that Taro coded into the game, and it works pretty well. It needs a little more work and testing, but for the most part, you should be able to see your character as much and as well as in an official Smash.

P.P.P.S. Yoshi and Kirby and Samus are awesome.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Yoshi's already in, so the only other character I want in is Travis from NMH.

Or Gordon Freeman.... but nah.... He's not really "Nintendo"

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
You really ought to play the demos that are released if you haven't yet. Sonic's character is fully complete with his full moveset, taunt, and airdodge. He's also one of the few characters available in the demo, so why not play it for yourself and see how respectable Sonic is?
Yeah like I said I posted that before I realised a demo was available. And when I said respoectable I didn't mean "good" I meant "Make it so that the people who hate him stop hating him". XD

Florida

イーグランツ
I never implied that you meant "good," I knew what you were saying. But part of the solution for making people like something is to make them good.

Yaya

Smash Champion
egruntz, I need the new beta demo because I can never catch Taro when he's on MSN.

Florida

イーグランツ
I'm not giving it out, sorry. I don't know who's permitted to it and who's not, so you'll just have to catch Taro lol.

:034:

Smash Hero
I get Taro on MSN pretty often (got lucky with the timezones since he's British) but he still needs to actually give it to me >__>

Yaya

Smash Champion
Yeah, I have the newest demo now, Samus is really fun to play, look forward to playing her you, "Normal" People =P

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
Some things:

-=Performance=-

The demo lags pretty bad on my machine. For (_parent.performance > quality){trace("true");}.

- Avoid flash 8+ filters (blur, drop shadow, etc). These things are never worth the performance drop they cause, whether in movies or games. With a little bit of artistic creativity, effects can be substituted(i.e., darkened portraits up close instead of blurred).
- Export drawn art as a jpeg, apply photoshop work (optional), and reimport the jpeg. Jpegs don't animate well, but when used for things like still backgrounds, they help a lot.
- Avoid transparencies and gradients (looks around)... oh. I don't think either is too bad, but they do add up.
- Down to the wire, a circle takes up more space than a triangle. Very useful for tiny graphics.

-=Gameplay=-

While messy at best, it IS a demo. My major concern is that characters don't have the basic range of attacks (up smash, down tilt, aerials, etc), which makes gameplay very clunky. I hope that it's intended to be in there at some point, otherwise approach and spacing don't work the same.

Also, characters should not be restricted to what they had in the past games. Flash has some restrictions and sometimes the shear effort to emulate the game isn't worth what an improvision would accomplish. Food for thought.

===

Glad to see such a project underway!

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
We are doing all in our power to cut down on lag. We do know about these factors of lag and try to implement fixes whenever possible.

If you had looked through the previous posts, you would know that due to filesize, we cannot give characters tilts. If we ever make a sequal, we may be able to implement these, but they are not likely in this version.

We already realise most of what you have said. We are not new to emulating other's games, we know what we are doing, but thanks for the concern ;D

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Ah, I suggested I just thought of, and I prey you deeply consider it or are doing so already.

If any "clone" characters (i.e. Ganondorf, Falco, Luigi etc) will be in Nuke Bros, please give them individual movesets, either that or just make them more unique than they are now.

That would be great. :p Especially if Ganon uses his sword.

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
If you had looked through the previous posts, you would know that due to filesize, we cannot give characters tilts. If we ever make a sequal, we may be able to implement these, but they are not likely in this version.
Sorry 'bout that, didn't wanna sift through 40 some pages of posts, heh.

I can't imagine 3 moves per character being a significant filesize hindrance... granted, I don't know the exact way you're doing them. But if you say you can't, then you can't.

Especially if Ganon uses his sword.
I did a "gamefiction" thing on Ganon. His sword was his down B, where it worked like Snake's C4 to plant it into the ground and then recall it like Link's Boomerang from across the screen. /shrug.

Hoeloe

Smash Apprentice
Most of the movesets for characters have already been decided, and they will probably stay as they are now unless someone gives us a really awesome idea we hadn't already thought of. Please don't let me put you off suggestions though.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Right, well my awesome idea is to get rid of cloned movesets. :p Srsly, it must be done.

There are probably some good ideas in Make Your Move aswell.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Most of the movesets for characters have already been decided, and they will probably stay as they are now unless someone gives us a really awesome idea we hadn't already thought of. Please don't let me put you off suggestions though.
Aww c'mon Eddy, is the sword thing not an awesome idea? Don't like the idea of replacing wizard's foot... ARR tough choice.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Wizard's Foot?! Unless it's very different to how it is in Brawl, I suggest you revolutionise it ASAP. :3

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Tennis attack MUST be done.

I've had that in mind for Ganondorf since his inclusion in Melee.

Keep hitting the energy ball back at him and it gets bigger. :3

Yaya

Smash Champion
Taro's working on Link right now, the jab's animations are complete now, so the beta testers should expect to play Link soon, the next public demo will probably have the items and Samus.

Goof Ball

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-3059-8349
I have a stupid suggestion, why not add a few more deviantart characters, or at least one more, like Karl by Unknown Person.

If it's possible, I even know a good moveset for him. One more thing, could add fullscreen in the next demo? it was awesome in the second one :3

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Is the website fully compatible with Firefox? I'm on a Mac right now (:urg:) and half of the pages are just blank. Additionally, could someone link me to the demo?

EDIT: Oh, wow... Last update in February? Is this a dead project?

:034:

Smash Hero
This is definitely not a dead project, the site just doesn't get updated.

PS: You read the date wrong... September 2nd, not February 9th. d:

Top Bottom