• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, it been quit some time. But here finallly a new level that I have upload!

Jack & Buddy Pizza

So, this level is based of one of my story, The Five Night of Jack. Which is a parody of FNAF, so, it is a little similar to my previous FNAF level. But really, there is alot of difference. So, check out if you are interest! And star it if you like it.;) Thank you for futur play!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So, it been quit some time. But here finallly a new level that I have upload!

Jack & Buddy Pizza

So, this level is based of one of my story, The Five Night of Jack. Which is a parody of FNAF, so, it is a little similar to my previous FNAF level. But really, there is alot of difference. So, check out if you are interest! And star it if you like it.;) Thank you for futur play!
That looks awesome! I will play when I get home from work, and share some new levels!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, two thing:

1: I have erase my Jack level because of the lack of play and star. I will reupload it later and I apologie for that.

2: I have upload a old level, but remake! This level is my Mega Man Zero level, and here two image between the two version.

Old

New

So yeah, I recommend you to check it out! There is one big change that you will have to play in order to see it!

Here the link for the bookmark page.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Bookmarked this one too - I'll play both your last levels tonight... and might have a few for you to play too. I love the look of the new design!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
So Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , I played your level Mega Man Zero level and loved it! What I liked most was it's design - you put so much effort in to making it look amazing - and it sure did! The only part of the level that confused me a little was waiting for the star during the boss battle. I was going through the door a lot and then spent some time seeing if I could get the Goomba's Heel to the right of screen. Perhaps if I could see it coming somehow, I would know just to keep dodging. The boos really looked great though.

In other news, one of my levels has been played by a Youtuber.

Really cool to see someone play my level.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , I played your level Mega Man Zero level and loved it! What I liked most was it's design - you put so much effort in to making it look amazing - and it sure did! The only part of the level that confused me a little was waiting for the star during the boss battle. I was going through the door a lot and then spent some time seeing if I could get the Goomba's Heel to the right of screen. Perhaps if I could see it coming somehow, I would know just to keep dodging. The boos really looked great though.

In other news, one of my levels has been played by a Youtuber.

Really cool to see someone play my level.
Thank you alot! yeah, maybe I could have find a way to tell to wait for the star. But I didn't have any on the moment.

Also, the door are here to reset the star in case you don't kill the boss.

And finally, the whole level is a recreation of the first level in Mega Man Zero. So, if you want to see how the original was, here it is.
Of course, everything can't be remade perfectly into SMM. But I tried my best to make it enough close.

By the way, I have see the video, and it's great! Your level look awesome! (If only people could make video about my level tough:crying:)

And another thing, edit your last post nect time. Double post aren't great to say the least, wait before someone post or just edit your last post. It will be better for you.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
It's been quite some time since I haven't posted here, but I made a new course I'd like to share:

Joke ending (B499-0000-025B-2AC7)
Bookmark link
I think you only have to look at the picture above to understand this course's name and what will happen. Nevertheless, you won't simply have to enter the door to beat this level in only 0.016 seconds... (Yes, I once downloaded this level with the door at Mario's starting location which leads immediately to the flagpole just to see the world record. Then I deleted it.) No, you will have to enter inside this manor to discover a challenging course. Since it is only in the sub-level, you won't be able to see it without playing this level except by downloading it, giving you an opportunity to enter this level spoiler-free... But for those who prefer to know what to expect:
This course is relatively easy... as long as you don't lose your Goomba's shoe. Indeed, if you lose it, you'll be forced to take platforms standing above if you don't want to take damage. This level is designed to be much easier with the shoe than without, and if you manage to keep it until the end of the level it will give you access to pipes that give you a better flagpole height, thus increasing your score or even giving you an additional life if you're willing to hit the P-switch at the end then enter the P-door before the P-music ends.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
No one talks about Mario Maker here anymore? That's a little sad.

Anyway, there was a new patch today. Guess it didn't do too much, but Nintendo has now added a warning the first time you enter Course World. It basically states that anyone asking for Stars can have their courses and Stars removed. Also, anyone using glitches/bugs (whether creating a course or using one to beat a course) can be banned. This message was posted on Miiverse a while back, but now that it's an in-game message, it seems Nintendo is really cracking down.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Anyway, there was a new patch today. Guess it didn't do too much, but Nintendo has now added a warning the first time you enter Course World. It basically states that anyone asking for Stars can have their courses and Stars removed. Also, anyone using glitches/bugs (whether creating a course or using one to beat a course) can be banned. This message was posted on Miiverse a while back, but now that it's an in-game message, it seems Nintendo is really cracking down.
Yeah, it's kinda dead here, but I still play SMM. Tough, I should post more of my level when I can.
Also, well, 'gotta be more careful I guess.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord

Oh my God! I just came back here to check and I can't believe this is dead. We even got a sticky. :(

Sadly, I just don't have the time for Mario Maker, and it's sad they didn't release anymore updates to draw people in. This was like my most wanted game ever, and it just had to release when I'm old and have responsibilities. :crying:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm literally sitting here trying to think of one reason to buy it. :ohwell:
Play it while traveling or commuting?

I'll probably get it so I can brainstorm some level ideas while sleeping over at my boyfriend's home.

Dan

Smash Lord
I don't have internet on my phone, so my brother sent me a screenshot of the IGN announcement that read "Connect online or play with friends via local multiplayer. During a Nintendo Direct stream today, Nintendo revealed a new version of Super Mario Maker headed to Nintendo 3DS on December 2nd".

So I was all excited thinking there was gonna be 2-player multiplayer and a few different tile pieces or something since it said "a new version"; that would have sold me on it. So right there, that proved to me what they could have done to get people excited: online multiplayer with one player obviously controlling Luigi, and a few different tile pieces or themes just to differentiate the two versions.

Anyway, just like I said I was gonna recreate the Pig Bart level from Virtual Bart and never did, I have hopes of recreating these two levels from the notoriously difficult Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage one day:

It would be nice to collaborate with people for levels like these on 3DS, though the lack of online support kills it for me.

Dan

Smash Lord
Dan Dan : I actually remember playing that game during my SNES days, though I never did fully complete it.
:)

I actually beat it for the first time tonight. There is an option in the menu that gives you 10 starting lives instead of 5, but still, it's one of those trial-and-error games rather than skill-based and fair.

It breaks a lot of Mario Maker cardinal rules, especially in later levels (over-abundance of enemies, blind jumps, coins (or carrots rather) over pits, get attacked if you don't move at the start of the stage lol). This game has gorgeous sprite work though, but it was notoriously difficult for some reason; lately I have been musing over why SNES and NES kid's games were so difficult. Believe me, if you came back to it as an adult it wouldn't be any easier. :chuckle: I was just watching a lot of LP's and stuff on it.

I remember you as one of the great creators in this thread. I'll have to take a look at your Course World page and try playing some of your levels.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
:)

I actually beat it for the first time tonight. There is an option in the menu that gives you 10 starting lives instead of 5, but still, it's one of those trial-and-error games rather than skill-based and fair.
If memory serves me right, I only made it up to the wrestling stage, where you had to damage the wrestler until the black hole item appeared; you had to use the black hole to defeat the wrestler for good. After I completed that stage, I pretty much ran into a brick wall on the next stage.

Anyway, I have as many as 48 courses uploaded, so you're always welcome to try them out if you want.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/TPitch5?type=posted

Dan

Smash Lord
If memory serves me right, I only made it up to the wrestling stage, where you had to damage the wrestler until the black hole item appeared; you had to use the black hole to defeat the wrestler for good. After I completed that stage, I pretty much ran into a brick wall on the next stage.

Anyway, I have as many as 48 courses uploaded, so you're always welcome to try them out if you want.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/TPitch5?type=posted
Last level before the final Daffy Duck boss battle; that is really impressive progress. When I was younger I was only able to make it to the fourth level (the first one I pictured) max.

I'll try to play your levels as you intended them in sequence, though did some of them unfortunately get removed?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't know if there is anyone that is still playing SMM, but since I don't have other place to go, I'm just gonna to post this here.
King in the Moutain, ASGORE V2

This level is one of the few I haven't uploaded yet, so, if you have some time, play it or just give it a star so that Nintendo can't ban this level online will be really nice.
Thanks for any feedback or help. :)

Dan

Smash Lord
I don't know if there is anyone that is still playing SMM, but since I don't have other place to go, I'm just gonna to post this here.
Dude, I'm going to play Mario Maker as long as they keep the server up.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I was watching of RE4 and I remember that I had one level that I upload.
So here it is.
Resident Evil 4 The Village V3

It's a recreation of th first chapter in Resident Evil 4, so while it's not possible to recreate everything. (Especially to 3D in 2D) I still manage to recreate most event in that chapter.
So if you are still playing, play it one day and put a star if you like it. That will help alot.
Oh and, I erase the level in my previous post. I didn't get any star and I think I know why. So, I will fix it later.

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
I decided to take down one of my stupid levels to upload this one. I'll reupload it once I have 50 stars. Anyway, I hope you like this one.

Bowser Jr.'s Frantic Funhouse: 753A-0000-029C-E248

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I made a lot of level, so I'll split them in sections:

Conventional levels:

Hammer Boss (2530-0000-002D-9ECD)

Ghosts'N'Goombas (755B-0000-0032-FC77)

Castelli In Aria (1E10-0000-00F7-194E)

Tubilandia (F305-0000-00F7-1FF3)

Mirror House (2D88-0000-01E4-1011)

Noir & Rouge (C098-0000-00DA-5917)

Less conventional levels:

E=M.C.Escher (912A-0000-011C-D41E)

Giant damsel in distress (F052-0000-00E2-D4A3)

Santa Mario (BECA-0000-0129-7B10)

Koopa Express (A81C-0000-019B-B51A)

The cave of memes (6CAE-0000-00ED-F657)

MACHINE GO!! (478C-0000-01A8-81B4)

Pretty gimmick levels:

Quiz Eleven: Who was first? (5B1F-0000-0096-7C46)

Scooby Dooby Doors (89DA-0000-00CD-ABB7)

Mini Mario Kart (C8BD-0000-0114-DEDA)

Devastator (E809-0000-01FB-8514)

Renamon series:

Quest for Renamon (18BB-0000-0055-1123)

Quest for Renamon II (7FF1-0000-0109-FC8C)

Quest for Renamon III (9227-0000-01AC-9941)

Quest for Renamon IV (EC6D-0000-025E-DB7B)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
GameXplain recently uploaded a video that compares the Wii U and 3DS versions of Super Mario Maker.

Needless to say, based on the graphics alone, the Wii U version is superior. If you already have a Wii U, I'd purchase the Wii U version over the 3DS version.

D

Deleted member

I know this particular thread isn't very active, but are there any tips on how to create a good level that doesn't make use of autoscrolling? I'm trying to create one to no avail.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I know this particular thread isn't very active, but are there any tips on how to create a good level that doesn't make use of autoscrolling? I'm trying to create one to no avail.
I will say that a good level is a level that is either:
1: Fun and simple, where you just go the left to the right with some obstacle in it. For exemple, you see three Goomba slowy moving toward you and don't represent a major problem. But you have put coin that can be only get if you use the Goomba to jump at them. Also, putting some secret here and there. Like a secret block that give you more coin or a power-up. Or a well hidden passage that let you skip some part of the level or give you some great stuff.
Or
2: A complex level where you can go left, right, up, down or just everywhere. You can make little puzzle that are more or less hard (Like trying 5 red coin in the level that are hidden) Put some area filled with hard ennemy and that you have to use a special way to beat them (Using for exemple the Fire Clown Machine to destroy wall that protect the boss. Speaking of that, you can make a level or a auto-scroller where you are in the Fire Clown Machine for all the level and you have to shoot what is coming at you). Or you can do a boss rush-like level where you to defeat boss that have different all different stragegy or just make a level without any ennemies and just resolve the mystery in it.

A level doesn't need a boss or alot of ennemies to be great. Nor a level need to be long for the sake of it. A simple short level can also be fun to make.

If you need better exemple, I suggest you to see some of my level. Some of them are hard, some not. Some of them are short, others are long, etc...

So, for a level that is not too long but fun and being a homage to one of my favourite game, here this one!
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/2CAF-0000-0264-A72F

For a level that isn't really hard but you need to find the red coins to finish, here it is!

For a level where the difficulty is medium and with a boss in the end but, here this one!
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/73C9-0000-021C-A8BA

For a level that is hard, but balanced and with the theme of vampires, here this one!

And finally, for a level that is REALLY hard, and I don't blame you if you can't finish it, here this one!
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/4DB5-0000-0100-C590

There, also, here others level where it's either hard or not possible to die. In case you are interested.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/F7BF-0000-01EE-9616
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/935B-0000-01DB-84DC
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/B5D8-0000-01C9-B28A (You can die in this one, but it depend on how you play the level. As there is different path)

To end this, a level need some decoration to make it more alive. A level where you can only the sky is kinda boring. So put some decoration here and there to make sure the player can remember your level just by playing.
And if you need more ideas, go to this guy channel. His videos are great and you will find alot of ideas there for your level.

On those word, I hope I was helpful and I wish you the best! ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will say that a good level is a level that is either:
1: Fun and simple, where you just go the left to the right with some obstacle in it. For exemple, you see three Goomba slowy moving toward you and don't represent a major problem. But you have put coin that can be only get if you use the Goomba to jump at them. Also, putting some secret here and there. Like a secret block that give you more coin or a power-up. Or a well hidden passage that let you skip some part of the level or give you some great stuff.
Or
2: A complex level where you can go left, right, up, down or just everywhere. You can make little puzzle that are more or less hard (Like trying 5 red coin in the level that are hidden) Put some area filled with hard ennemy and that you have to use a special way to beat them (Using for exemple the Fire Clown Machine to destroy wall that protect the boss. Speaking of that, you can make a level or a auto-scroller where you are in the Fire Clown Machine for all the level and you have to shoot what is coming at you). Or you can do a boss rush-like level where you to defeat boss that have different all different stragegy or just make a level without any ennemies and just resolve the mystery in it.

A level doesn't need a boss or alot of ennemies to be great. Nor a level need to be long for the sake of it. A simple short level can also be fun to make.

If you need better exemple, I suggest you to see some of my level. Some of them are hard, some not. Some of them are short, others are long, etc...

So, for a level that is not too long but fun and being a homage to one of my favourite game, here this one!

For a level that isn't really hard but you need to find the red coins to finish, here it is!

For a level where the difficulty is medium and with a boss in the end but, here this one!

For a level that is hard, but balanced and with the theme of vampires, here this one!

And finally, for a level that is REALLY hard, and I don't blame you if you can't finish it, here this one!
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/4DB5-0000-0100-C590

There, also, here others level where it's either hard or not possible to die. In case you are interested.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/F7BF-0000-01EE-9616
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/935B-0000-01DB-84DC
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/B5D8-0000-01C9-B28A (You can die in this one, but it depend on how you play the level. As there is different path)

To end this, a level need some decoration to make it more alive. A level where you can only the sky is kinda boring. So put some decoration here and there to make sure the player can remember your level just by playing.
And if you need more ideas, go to this guy channel. His videos are great and you will find alot of ideas there for your level.

On those word, I hope I was helpful and I wish you the best! ;)
Thanks. I'll be sure to check his videos.

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
Another one of my courses was taken down because nobody played it. Hopefully, this one will be different.

Bowser's Bloodstained Sanctuary: 05BE-0000-02F6-CABB

Please please please please PLEASE play this level and star it. It took, no exaggeration, a WEEK to finish the clear check. If this one gets taken down I just might lose my sanity.

Top Bottom