• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I beat it so that won't happen.
"See that you beat it"
ca6.gif
Finally, thank you for that.
But for some reason, this level still isn't a Super Expert level.
WTF:4charizard:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll never understand Super Mario Maker's guidelines for determining the difficulty level of your courses.

I have one course that has a 7.11% clear rate, while another one has a 9.65% clear rate. However, the former is treated as a Normal difficulty course, while the latter is treated as an Expert difficulty course.

It makes absolutely no sense for a Normal difficulty course to have a lower clear rate than an Expert difficulty course. Likewise, I have some Normal difficulty courses that have higher clear rates than one of my Easy difficulty courses.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think it's important to factor in the footprints of those levels as well.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So i have remade one of my level. But i am not going to upload it until my latest level get atleast 1 star.
What level i have remade you ask? It's a surprise. ;)

But now, here my latest level.
Resident Evil 4 The Village V2

For those of you that have played Resident Evil 4. This level a hommage to the first part of the game, The Village. There is some difference however. But those made the level more unique and it's basically impossible to remade a 3D TPS game into a 2D Platformer game. But i still hope you will enjoy it.
Also, here another level i reuploaded recently.
The White Dimension-W.M.Azeal V4

I have already talked about this level before. So the only thing that have change are for a overall better experience.

Anyway, i hope you will have a fun time! :)

Dan

Smash Lord
What is the deal with jumping on a keyed boss and the key just falling through the bottom of the level?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What is the deal with jumping on a keyed boss and the key just falling through the bottom of the level?
It's because there isn't a key door.
When you have a key but no key door or 2 key and 1 key door. The key (Or the second key with the 2 key exenple) will just fall upon touching because there is simply no reason that you need a key in the level. Nothing more, nothing less.

Dan

Smash Lord
I was thinking of recreating Bowser's Castle from Mario 3; what is the deal with Door B at the beginning? How do you access it, and is that first section underwater?

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I was thinking of recreating Bowser's Castle from Mario 3; what is the deal with Door B at the beginning? How do you access it, and is that first section underwater?

I'm guessing you haven't played Mario 3 (or possibly just never gotten to the final level)? There is no water in the course that I can remember. If there is, I guess I never found it, lol.

Also, and this is just my opinion, maybe stay away from recreations. Everyone does it and I've personally seen this particular level recreated too many times. Since certain things like the laser statues aren't in the game, the remakes always come out sloppy. Time would probably be better spent creating something brand new, or at the very least, creating a course inspired by this level rather than completely copying it.

Just my opinion, though. Best of luck to you with whatever you choose!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have erased some of my level for various reason. But i have a reuploaded one.
So here it is.
Fire, Ghost and Skeleton V2

I honestly feel like that this V2 is better than the previous one. Due to alot of change that i have made. So, i hope you will enjoy it too! :) (Also, i have already get 1 star, lol.)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just beaten it in three tries. I guess making all of those Kaizo levels lately have made me a better player.
Or maybe because alot of people either suck or lose hope to beat it after 10 try.
Anyway, congrat' for finishing it and glad to see you back! :)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Or maybe because alot of people either suck or lose hope to beat it after 10 try.
Anyway, congrat' for finishing it and glad to see you back! :)
Maybe. I've been super busy lately, and have been head-deep into Twitch (not streaming, but being a part of the Mario Maker community). Started making my own Kaizo levels, and have even been picked for the Friday hard Kaizo races (gonna make a level for May 20). So yeah, I've had a lot to do recently. lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Maybe. I've been super busy lately, and have been head-deep into Twitch (not streaming, but being a part of the Mario Maker community). Started making my own Kaizo levels, and have even been picked for the Friday hard Kaizo races (gonna make a level for May 20). So yeah, I've had a lot to do recently. lol
Yeah, i have checked your level. And i have see that some were pretty hard lol.
Anyway, for me, i am keeping making level and remaking others. I have uploaded a Resident Evil 4 level, but it doesn't seem to get alot of sucess. So i removed it from online and i am going to see what i can make better.
Also, i have my Majora Mask level currently being remade in some way. I would reupload it pretty soon.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
So a friend of mine helped me record several clear vids of my Kaizo levels. This is one of them. Forgive me for the guerrilla style footage, as I lack any capture equipment.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I'm guessing you haven't played Mario 3 (or possibly just never gotten to the final level)? There is no water in the course that I can remember. If there is, I guess I never found it, lol.

Also, and this is just my opinion, maybe stay away from recreations. Everyone does it and I've personally seen this particular level recreated too many times. Since certain things like the laser statues aren't in the game, the remakes always come out sloppy. Time would probably be better spent creating something brand new, or at the very least, creating a course inspired by this level rather than completely copying it.

Just my opinion, though. Best of luck to you with whatever you choose!
I think part of me wants to recreate it because I've never played it, and part me just finds it fun in the way the kid version of me found tracing fun.

Dan

Smash Lord
To bump or not to bump, that is the question...

Here's how the "recreation" ended up: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/002E-0000-0231-58B4

I took a lame excuse for the final level in one of the greatest video games of all-time and ramped up the difficult while still remaining fair and faithful to the original. There's actually a reason to explore the level to collect power-ups because the Bowser battle has been made considerably more difficult, so you may want to bring a Leaf to knock out Bowser's Chomp!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Here's a new level:

Title: Strawberry Skies 4

ID: Strawberry Skies 4

Description: This is a level for a project I'm working on. It's an airship style level, normal difficulty, traditional style. There are capes as well! I was pretty ambitious with this level, and there is even a unique boss. There is also a Yoshi in the level, bet you won't find it your first run! If you find it, post comments of course. There are no red coins as it is traditional. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's my newest course, all set to play.

D-4: Pink Coin Challenge Castle
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/F3FA-0000-0234-0FFF

You first have to find the four Pink Coins to get a key that's needed to advance. You'll then face Bowser Jr., followed by Bowser. You have to defeat both Bowser Jr., and Bowser, as they'll hold onto keys that you need to enter some additional Key Doors.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So i have remade one of my old level.
So here it is!
To the Spooky Castle! V4

I remade this level because it feeled a little empty. And it's always fun to revisit old level.
Now, if people on SMM could star that level and the W.M. Azael one, that would be nice. >_>

Dan

Smash Lord
Recommendation time!

What a creative and clever way to recreate the K. Rool boss battle from DKC1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWdwo-jr8oE

Very inspiring!

The cannonballs falling with the timed P-switch is genius.

This is what needs to be featured on GameXplain; not that bull**** about someone creating 40 courses to be played in a row.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Recommendation time!

What a creative and clever way to recreate the K. Rool boss battle from DKC1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWdwo-jr8oE

Very inspiring!

The cannonballs falling with the timed P-switch is genius.

This is what needs to be featured on GameXplain; not that bull**** about someone creating 40 courses to be played in a row.
I watched the video, and like you said. It's really great!
I am going to watch the one on Baron.K.Roolestein.
Also, for Gamexplain, i don't see the problem. I played the first 2 or 3 level that the guy made. And while it was easy, it have a really charm to it and a good old Mario feeling.

Dan

Smash Lord
Also, for Gamexplain, i don't see the problem. I played the first 2 or 3 level that the guy made. And while it was easy, it have a really charm to it and a good old Mario feeling.
I'm not critiquing the actual levels or anything; I'm not even critiquing the guy, but just the fact that they singled him out and made a video for it. I mean, it's just such a common thing that requires 0 thinking; to single out that one guy was kind of weird. Our own Mario & Sonic Guy did it probably well before him. Kudos to the guy, but the concept isn't innovative or anything; I just thought it was a pointless video.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm not critiquing the actual levels or anything; I'm not even critiquing the guy, but just the fact that they singled him out and made a video for it. I mean, it's just such a common thing that requires 0 thinking; to single out that one guy was kind of weird. Our own Mario & Sonic Guy did it probably well before him. Kudos to the guy, but the concept isn't innovative or anything; I just thought it was a pointless video.
Fair point, i guess they just wanted to show the level of this guy. But since there was so many levels. They decided to a video about all the world-level the guy made.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Here is a new level:

Title: The Lazarus Chasm

Bookmark: The Lazarus Chasm

Description: This is my boss themed level freshly made this week. It is a boss rush, in the style of SMB3 and themed in the underground world. Face against three bosses through out the whole level, but also enjoy an adventure partially through the level as well. You do not just get thrown into each boss, you get slowly introduced to it. The difficulty will be medium difficulty, I tried my best to balance the difficulty. The name was inspired by Flyleaf's "Chasm" song, having to deal with thirst, war, and famine. It is also why I start you a bit higher than usual. This level is slightly unorthodox, you would not find this exactly in an old game, but it's still just as fair in difficulty.

Secrets: If you collect all red coins, you'll be able to access the bonus room, and there are sometimes little secrets up top in the vines. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
Do you guys ever go back and make your levels easier because the people who play this game suck donkey balls and have no persistence? :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Do you guys ever go back and make your levels easier because the people who play this game suck donkey balls and have no persistence? :)
Not really, i just go remaking level because there is something that aren't great looking. Or i just erase a level online if it doesn't get any stars and i reupload it later with little to no change.
But yeah, this suck,:028:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Not usually. I make levels for myself but I will be making a few easier ones to appeal to others.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The only thing I've done (and recently too) is add checkpoint flags in my gauntlet length levels. I have a level themed around Pit and the Underworld Army which I will post soon. Only because dying and starting from the very beginning is super annoying.

Dan

Smash Lord
Anyone else watch Dashie, and anyone else realize every level he plays breaks every cardinal rule? :laugh:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Guys check this out! I was featured on youtube!

Nintendo Power Couple Showcase (neo)

This is the start of a showcase series they are doing, and they started with me! Check the video out, and their channel. They are really cool people and make levels too. If you post your level codes in the comments they will play them as well and leave comments. I'm really happy. :D

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

This is the start of a showcase series they are doing, and they started with me! Check the video out, and their channel. They are really cool people and make levels too. If you post your level codes in the comments they will play them as well and leave comments. I'm really happy. :D
Hey, great for you!...
But I don't have a Youtube account. :(
(And I don't want to make one now just to post 1 comment. I prefer wait before I make a Youtube account)

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Looks awesome, I love levels and will play them tonight.

I submitted my own levels so hopefully I get featured too!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Shaun the Sheep look so funny haha. Cant wait to make a sheep themed level.

Here is my newest level - I'm pretty happy with it!

Nana & Popo Climb Mount Thwomp: 7838-0000-024D-4287

Please play, give feedback and star it if you like it!

Top Bottom