• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Maker

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It was my friend's birthday and while I plan to get him a gift with money, it isn't out yet. I wanted to draw something for him, but my mouse broke. So instead, I made a Mario Maker level themed around some of his favourite characters.

Course ID: (236F-0000-0096-A36A)

Dan

Smash Lord
So, anybody see Gamexplain's video on invisible platforms? Well, apparently the glitch applies to a bunch of other block combinations. So you can make stuff like... Well, fake clouds.

...Okay, this glitch is going to result in tons of troll levels. But still, there's interesting things you can do with it, like making clouds that turn into donuts or hiding items in ground blocks.
Yeah. While it seemed innocent enough at first, they need to remove it. It could be game-breaking.

I've managed to complete my first expert difficulty run in 100 Mario Challenge, and while it could've been worse, I was able to do it while maintaining most of my lives. The main challenge is just knowing whether or not to skip a course that might be way too hard to handle.
Yeah, but half the time I just waste lives on it anyway because either a course is too fun or I just want to see the end.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Z25 Z25 @Zoroarking

I've been talking to both of you, and I keep sending emails getting confused because I didn't read the name carefully, so I was like "I just told him what I said" when I really told the other Zoroark! lol my bad.

D

Deleted member

The Immortal Army
FB_IMG_1444525876978.jpg

This level started as a simple Airship level with the SMB3 theme
But then everything changed when I unlocked sub areas
Be a ***** and get to the go earlier or go deeper into it and find the secret behind the, well, Immortal Army

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 @Zoroarking

I've been talking to both of you, and I keep sending emails getting confused because I didn't read the name carefully, so I was like "I just told him what I said" when I really told the other Zoroark! lol my bad.
Lol, but now I'm confused xD, Who did you tell what?

D

Deleted member

SlickWylde SlickWylde Just watched the video
I could swear I put coins in those last blocks to make them unbreakable lol
And technically, that section contained the first 1-UP mushroom so it wasn't a waste of time ;^)
Also it's Zoroarking not ZorarkKing just saying

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Made a new level after hitting writer's (er... game designer's?) block for a while.

Trick-or-Treat Adventure (51C0-0000-00A1-518A)

You start out in your home getting dressed up to go trick-or-treating (and by dress up I mean putting on a mystery mushroom costume). Bottom left blocks = Mario variations, top left blocks = female costumes, top right block = random, bottom right blocks = other. Once you have a costume, it's time to go trick-or-treating!

You can ring doorbells all you want but you'll need a costume if you want some candy (coins). If you lose your costume, you can always find a random one at the local shops.

Eventually you'll find a haunted mansion. Will there be lots of candy in there or some dangerous traps? Play the level to find out.

Tip: If you don't feel like repeating the trick-or-treating process, there's an invisible door found by hitting invisible blocks above the entrance pipe (though I'd prefer if you tried out the main level first).

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Made a new level after hitting writer's (er... game designer's?) block for a while.

Trick-or-Treat Adventure (51C0-0000-00A1-518A)
That sounds like a perfect submission for the Spooky Mario Maker contest! $20 Eshop card for the winner. If you're interested, visit: http://slickwylde.com/spooky_comp.html and send an email to uploads@slickwylde.com (Make sure to put your smasboards name in the email) :)

Here's your competition so far: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzGkpoIoIqho2KxIy-dF2s6SZeer3K2bj

------------------------
@Zoroarking I like to exaggerate, I knew it had SOME purpose, just not for me at the moment lol! (Okay the real reason is that I just don't pay much attention. Can't believe how long it took me to find that first hidden vine!!) And yeah I'll get your name right next time, my bad lol ;)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just a question to anyone here. Do you ever find one of your level in a video in internet? Excepteted Slick Wylde, i never see one of my level in a video.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just a question to anyone here. Do you ever find one of your level in a video in internet? Excepteted Slick Wylde, i never see one of my level in a video.
Outside of Slickwylde's videos, I have not. It be neat to see mine in a few videos though.
Also, anyone been trying to make a invisible block glitch level? It's easy to do but doesn't always work right away. I hope I can achieve the goal of the level I am making. If I could use the glitch effectively, my next level should be really fun for people to play.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm working on a Ghost House for Halloween

I am done with everything except the last part

I could just end the level now, but I feel like one more part is needed. Something epic

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My third-level is complete:
Destroy the Towers!

(66AB-0000-00A5-3EDA)

Exactly what it sounds like, there's giant bomb-spitting towers in the way, and you have to destroy their bases by throwing the bombs back at them so they'll crumble.
Certain towers are suspended in the air meaning you'll have to time your throws carefully.

There's a message hidden in the preview screen. :) Play it, it's my best level so far!

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
some levels to show you

My trilogy :

and 1 fresh funny level

Ride my Boo! (8B6E-0000-00A4-307B)
where you need to....ride some boos!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Try my latest course...

Pipe Maze

You have to collect 3 items through the maze to be able to beat the level

A helmet, a goomba boot, and a P-Switch

Edit: 0B35-0000-00A8-7784

Made a little easier

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I"m back with another level!

Castle In The Sky!
7D62-0000-00A8-10E9

In this level, mario comes across a mysterious platform that leads him into the sky! When the platform stops he comes across a floating castle! Thee castle is massive and Mario learns that he can stand in mind air in this strange place! He decides to explore the castle and see who owns it.

I wanted to replicate a castle as well a I could without the castle theme. This level does use the invisible platform glitch, which you can see with the clouds here. When you play the level they will change. There are also several areas representing rooms of the castle, which is where you will encounter most of the actual blocks you can walk on. The rest is the outside which is mostly walk-able because of the invisible platforms. This is meant to stimulate mario walking through the sky to get through this massive castle. I think it's design came out really well and I thought this would be a neat way to use the glitch. The coins will direct you as well as arrows. The level is pretty easy and can be cleared fast. I would love some feedback since I worked really hard to make this and want to know if my use of the glitch is considered good. If you play it please tell me and enjoy!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had someone play my stage and I notice a lot of deaths are from the person stopping, getting "scared" of what's ahead or trying to assess their surroundings

I guess it IS a maze so it makes sense they would do that

There are certain parts where if you do stop and look around it's not really possible to advance though

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Three new courses from me:

Open Bowser's father's grave (5C93-0000-009C-9591)
You found the Koopa graveyard! In this spooky location where alive beings aren't welcome, many platforms actually are graves, and you'll have to go inside a few of them, too. At the end of the level, you'll find Bowser who wants to open his father's grave, because he wants to meet him as he never had the opportunity to do so during his childhood. After freeing Bomwser's undead father, use him as a trampoline to reach the pipe... but don't forget: anyone who visits the Koopa graveyard is doomed!

Wall jumps with trampoline (965D-0000-00A9-571B)
The special NSMB style course I promised to post a few days ago. This course will teach you that YES, you CAN wall jump while carrying items. Learn how to do first, then if you feel that you're able to do it consistently, you may go inside the pipe before the flagpole to find a new challenge and being rewarded with a better flagpole score, and if you manage to carry the trampoline until the end, then you'll be even more rewarded!

And by the way, because I'm tired of some things I see in 100 Mario challenge:
Important message to EVERYONE (5750-0000-00A9-4155)
No seriously, go play this course. It's about something very important. I'm not posting a picture because it'd be irrelevant anyway.

Don't worry, I'll also play your courses as well!

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well since i can finally upload more level. Here the two that i have made since some day!

Forest Maze
(0833-0000-00A9-2DFD)
As his name say. This level is based of the Forest Maze in SMRPG, i tried my best to have the most thing from the original game in it. So the fan of the game should known some easter egg that i put in it. :) This level isn't really hard but it was not the really the goal. So yeah, also. I have out a little challenge in it. There is 3 Fire Flower that are hided in the level. Do you think you can find them all?:4iggy:

And here the second level.

Bowser Aquatic Assault!
(0EA7-0000-00A9-2F90)
For anyone here that love challenge. This level is here for you! Even tough it's not Kaizo difficutly, i think the diffficulty is medium-hard depending of your skill. I tried to do my best in term of level design and how it look. So yeah, do you think you can defeat Bowser?:4bowserjr:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In case anyone is too lazy to check the previous pages, my first 32 courses are still available to play. Here's the ID for my first course, just to get started.

5287-0000-0017-489B

After inputting this ID, you can then access my profile to find the other courses. If you like any of them, be sure to star them as well.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Most of my levels are just me messing around with the editor and doing whatever, but some of them stand out because they're the result of an actual idea instead of being the result of improvisation;

Mario's Sixth Sense 1.5.7
ID: E999-0000-00A8-8D5D

This Ghost House level is quite tricky and deceitful, for it is filled to the brim with dead ends and potential death traps.

Fortunately for you, Mario has the ability to sense hidden blocks, arrows hidden by ghosts and, on one occasion, an entire section of the level right under his feet!

This sixth sense, be it a curse or a blessing, is the only thing that will allow you to progress through this haunted mansion and get to its coin vault.

Also, there are three winged 1-UPs hidden in the level. Can you find them all?
Is Patience a Virtue? 1.2.0
ID: BAD0-0000-00AD-286B

Unlike my other levels, this one is very short, but there's a catch; you only have 30 seconds to finish it!

However, don't panic; good things come to those who wait...
Super Checkpoint Bros. 1.0.1
ID: 5FC3-0000-00AC-76C6

The entire level is on the sub area; you won't see what to do in that little map that the game shows before playing it.

Besides that, it's also a level that has different sections, each of them being divided by a "checkpoint" that mainly consists of a pipe and a symbol besodes said pipe; that symbol tells you which block to hit on the main area. Easy, right? :)
Make the Right Choice 2.0.2
ID: 9A6B-0000-00AE-F3EE

It's very simple! There are 5 challenges, which require you to pick one item from one of the three blocks you can choose from (or you can try nothing at all too).

But remember, you can't go back if you make the wrong decision.

As I said, my other levels are mostly me messing around and learning new things; they don't really have a idea behind them. As such, I won't bother sharing their IDs. However, if you want to play them all, be my guest! :)

And finally, if you like my levels and would enjoy playing them again, I would suggest you to follow me, for I can update the same level multiple time and, due to the limited amount of levels I can upload, previous versions will be deleted as they update and I may not edit this post to fit those changes.

Last edited:

malva00

Smash Master
Recently uploaded one of my courses again if anyone is interested

Super Bounce Bros. Melee

A9D9-0000-00AE-1845

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
I just saw this topic, but I finally had some time with the game and I'm ready to show my levels. I design my levels for people to think before they do, so if you take your time or notice the hints I place, you should do fine. Don't let the pictures fool you. There more to these course than the pictures let on.

Respect the Blocks! (9667-0000-00A4-BCDC)

As the title says. Pay attention to the blocks in order to avoid trouble!

Turbulence in the Underground (FBD9-0000-00A6-B1B6)

Lakitu clouds don't last long so make them count! And the "!" may be made of coins, but be wary.

The Claustrophobic Chasm (D904-0000-00A8-3D92)

From open areas to enclosed strips. This is a course with simple puzzles, but really test how well you can handle the swimming controls.

The Thwomping Siege at the Keep! (FE48-0000-00AA-D289)

Patience is a virtue. Pay attention to the clues, think before you act and you should do fine.

The Flying Megalith (7B8E-0000-00AC-B4E1)

Possibly the most challenging course I've made so far. It's an auto-scrolling level with multiple routes. Depending on the route you take, this level can be a cake walk or a extremely hard challenge for you. Oh, and there's a star in this level, but it's useless. I left it in there to help you in a area that had a two hammer bros, but I replaced them in that section with the single sledge bro. Now its just a cruel reminder that invincibility won't save you here...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Well, my first level is just a simple one. I might do a little special course later today for a series that just celebrated its 20th anniversary recently.

The code for my level is C2C1-0000-00A6-CC99. Feel free to give it a try, or make possible suggestions for me to change it.

Dan

Smash Lord
Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , I played your last 2 courses, and they were the 2 easiest courses I've played of yours so far. I felt your final course should have been a whole lot longer and grueling (something characteristic of your previous courses), but the 6 doors (while a cool idea), really limited the length of the course. I still can't clear 1-4: Platform Castle and I was able to reach the final Bowser on 8-4 on like my 3rd try.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , I played your last 2 courses, and they were the 2 easiest courses I've played of yours so far. I felt your final course should have been a whole lot longer and grueling (something characteristic of your previous courses), but the 6 doors (while a cool idea), really limited the length of the course. I still can't clear 1-4: Platform Castle and I was able to reach the final Bowser on 8-4 on like my 3rd try.
Sadly, the course length limits, along with the block limits, really limited what I could do with the course.

I could've made the course so that you had to complete all six of the obstacles before facing the first Bowser, but the idea of Bowser's Gauntlet Castle was to reference Super Mario World's Front Door course.

Of course, unlike with Front Door, you're only able to choose between three doors in the main area and sub-area, due to the limits that I've mentioned already; I almost reached the block limit for the main area.

I'll probably make more courses in the future, but for now, I'm just focusing on trying to get the remaining Mystery Mushroom costumes that I have yet to unlock.

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Here's another course from me.

Even Heroes Exit Courses.

(0960-0000-00B2-F4A0)

Just a bit of Spooky Scary for a Spooky Scary time.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Just unlocked all the Mystery Mushroom costumes, which means I won't have to suffer from those unfair death traps in 100 Mario challenge anymore. My Wii U Pro controller sure has suffered from being thrown at the ground... (and its sticks broke, ugh)

And since I had two courses to post but I needed some specific costumes to publish them, here they are:

Aether & Dark Aether (MP2) (0E1A-0000-00BC-2E1D)
You discovered a new planet... a planet destroyed by its dark twin, which will be mandatory to explore to progress in spite of its dangerous atmosphere. Then you'll have to penetrate the fortress of the space pirates, and find Luminoth technology that will allow you to go back in Dark Aether without being damaged by its atmosphere, where the vital energy of the planet Aether had been stolen!
I already posted a version of this stage earlier, but I edited it to improve the level design. I also wanted to unlock the ZSS costume because you know, the endings of Metroid which reveal the woman being the suit.
Edit: updated version to make sure you can't break the part with the piranha plants.
Edit 2: fixed yet another game breaking way at the top of the pirate fortress by adding two hidden blocks.
Edit 3: YET another fix... just realized you could simply fly over the pirate fortress, so I fixed that.

Super Smash Maker (7D92-0000-00B7-2877)
My favorite level so far, one I polished a lot and wanted to publish after unlocking all the Smash costumes, which I just did. In this level, you'll need to keep a Smash character costume to progress; if you take a hit, you'll need to go back in the room with all the costumes and take another, though I designed this level to make sure coming back to this room isn't too tedious. I even put a system of doors and bricks to make sure you can easily skip a part of the level if you already beaten it.
In this level, you'll probably recognize the Smash symbol, the Battlefield stage as well as Final Destination, and the three Assist Trophies on these stages (Hammer Bro, Chain Chomp and Lakitu). The second and third part of the level are loosely based on the Master Fortress, too. I put a lot of work and testing in this level, so I hope you'll enjoy it!

Last edited:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Recently I haven't been having fun playing Mario Maker. I don't know... When I first heard about the game I though about all the cool creations we'd see. Now it feels like I'm playing Unfair Mario. I hate when I start up the 100 man challenge on easy, or normal, and then get 50 versions of world 1-1. But hard mode? Those aren't fun. They aren't challenging either. They're punishing. Hundreds of enemies spawned right in front of your face, unfair traps, secret ways of winning that only the maker knows, etc. It just isn't fun. Sure I come across some good ones here and there, but that's about it. I'm not very creative and I've been pandering whether I should sell the game back.

D

Deleted member

Hey, if it's not giving you entertainment (the main appeal is the ability to build your own levels), then yeah just sell it or trade it in.

The issue with Maker Maker from a player standpoint is just that if you are wanting to play good levels, keep in mind making good levels is actually hard work. We may have the tools to the build levels, but most people aren't going to make well thought out levels as they lack video game design experience, people get lazy when creating, and making decent things takes work, skill, and experience.

Mario Maker is great, but most people won't use it to it's potential as most people aren't capable of doing that as seen.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got the game to make my own levels

I only found out recently some people got it just to play others levels

That didn't even register to me

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
So, my previous level got deleted since nobody played it for a long time.
Here's the re-upload.

Ghost Maze
DB60-0000-00A7-DBAF
This isn't the first level I uploaded, but it's the first one I really made all on my own (my first level was a combined effort between me and a friend), so I'm pretty proud of it, even if it is a bit easy. I took the NWC Mario World level as a bit of inspiration.

And here's an entirely new level I made:

Bouncing Insanity
C6DF-0000-00A1-311A
This one's also a bit on the easy side, but hey, it's fun. Oh, and there's a hidden path somewhere in the level, but it's a secret to everybody.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
This stage is a collaboration between my brother and myself. We took our time put a lot of thought and effort into every aspect of the design. The course alone is fun, but there are several secret objectives strewn about (how many can you find?). See if you can complete it and then go back and see what else you can discover. Your thoughts and opinions are welcome and appreciated. Thank you and please enjoy!

The Impervious Fortress (1862-0000-00D8-A421)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I made a Mario Maker level!

It's short and I mainly made it while waiting for more unlocks so I can finish my Gyromite/Stack Up Level.

But here try it out!

E0CE-0000-00BE-693C

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So since it's been some time that i haven't posted here. I am going to post the four level out of 5 of my TOME project! So here it is!

Execk Factory

(6A80-0000-00BA-A759)

Rubirules Maze

(B7BB-0000-00BE-50F3)

Kindarspirit Heaven

(C57F-0000-00C1-BA98)

Bitshrum Plain

(0B8C-0000-00C2-7F8A)

So yeah, i hope you will enjoy those level! Also, if you gonna to play the 4. Tell to me, i have a little challenge that might interest you. ;)

D

Deleted member

I forgot to share this one when I made it but here it is
The Heavenly Keep and The Holy Grail
FB_IMG_1445796320580.jpg

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
18 expert 100 Mario Challenge runs down, and yet I still have to play it about 10 more times before I get all the Mystery Mushroom costumes. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't get so many troll courses before receiving a more tolerable course.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
By the way, for those who are interested, I made another course called Ride to Safety!

It's ID is 53O3-OOOO-OOC3-B2F3.

Give it a shot if you are interested.

Top Bottom