• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Heroes Mafia: Day 7 ends! Nabe and Circus wins! Zen dies in end game!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Def No MVP for this game imo.
Are you kidding? Nabe deserves insta-gold dice for his play in this game, imo. After I died, I thought he was toast. With no NK, he had to make it to the very end of the game, by himself, just by getting other people lynched. How he even managed to make it to lylo still boggles my mind. I have no idea how that Ryker lynch went through.

Nabe is dangerous, mang.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh, and OS, very fun game, thanks for inviting me. I loved my role, though I started buckling under the pressure of it toward the end. It was probably a little bit much for me to take on considering how much experience I have playing as scum (basically none), but I enjoyed it immensely. Real good stuff.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah you were really against inactives looool I remember going for weak players when I was noob scum. :3

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
LOL. CiRCUS WAS A GIRL
Of my own volition. I figured making Hep a girl would make it easier for me to think of her as a separate person and play from her perspective a little differently than I would play from my own. I based her largely off of a friend I actually have in real life (her name is Becky, she loves Gilmore Girls, etc.).

She was lots of fun, though she ultimately felt like more of a burden than anything else on D5. If I could have just bussed her or something without killing myself, that would have made things much easier.

EDIT: Inactives are actually a thing a like to harp on in general, but I do think I relied on that too much in this game. I also don't think I pushed the believability of my fake claims well enough. I really thought Hep would have gotten a free pass after she claimed, but then I stumbled a little.... >__>

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I didn't think Hep was with you. Plus Hep was alot less active than you were. : P

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't consider it an achievement to fool a town that consists of only one person playing well [who got ignored anyway] plus Beat, Ran, Zen and Ryu. Call me an *** for typing that out but beating a bunch of so-so players doesn't make a MVP performance.
Not even saying that Nabe didn't play well but I think it should require quite a performance to win a dice and I honestly doubt he would've made it had he had a stronger opposition. Ofc that can be said about every MVP performance but I can't help but think that Nabe had a particularly easy time.

OS hosted a fine game though. No complains from my side.

:059:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Y'all are freaking dumb for believing someone with unproven claims and a nameclaim of an already flipped character. Zen and Red Ruy should never be in endgame. Never.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I didn't think Hep was with you. Plus Hep was alot less active than you were. : P
That was half strategy and half necessity. I couldn't give my full attention to both accounts without burning out, so I just treated Hep like she was a busy person without much courage in online mafia (being that this was her "first game" and all). So I just tried to have her post at least once a day.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't consider it an achievement to fool a town that consists of only one person playing well [who got ignored anyway] plus Beat, Ran, Zen and Ryu. Call me an *** for typing that out but beating a bunch of so-so players doesn't make a MVP performance.
Not even saying that Nabe didn't play well but I think it should require quite a performance to win a dice and I honestly doubt he would've made it had he had a stronger opposition. Ofc that can be said about every MVP performance but I can't help but think that Nabe had a particularly easy time.

I guess it just didn't look that easy from my perspective. He was on the ropes a good number of times. He did manage to convince Ryker that he was pretty town, plus Zen looked like he was flat-out unwilling to lynch Ryu for a while. If he had stuck to that, then even after Ryker was lynched (again, HOW?!), Nabe should have been done for. That he was able to wriggle out of it shows some talent to me, or at the very least, tenacity. Which not everyone has.

Whatevs; I'm biased. It's up to OS.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Regardless of my skill level, wouldn't that mean that Nabe stood out from the rest of us, even tho he was scum? Isn't that what MVP means?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
And I think it must have been very tough for RR to convince with his posting restriction.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Especially considering he quickhammered town later in the phase. Oh gog, Nabe screamed of scum since I've started reading endgame.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I agree. As anyone can see, Zen lynched Ryu with barely any encouragement on my part.

WL, why do you say gog?
Because he's a fine man.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Regardless of my skill level, wouldn't that mean that Nabe stood out from the rest of us, even tho he was scum? Isn't that what MVP means?
This is where th issue gets subjective. I personally wouldn't agree with that to be the requirement for the dice. IMO a dice should be only awarded to players who did play a great game regardless of the circumstances - a game where this question shouldn't even be up for debate.

If you think Nabe fulfilled that requirement then I have to disagree. But once again, I won't make a fuss if he gets it because all in all he played a good game, no denying.

Gheb you think Zen played badly?
Yes, I think so.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I didn't like the GLG lynch either. Like I was SOOO fore the Hep/Circus thing. That was all I knew...

Gheb gimeee advice ;-;

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't really know what advice you are looking for lol
The one thing that gets in your way is your incredible passivity - you ask questions as if you were to keep all answers in a buttery only to never actually do something with them. Before you ask a question perhaps you should consider that you could possibly achieve by asking. Question what the point of you questions is and how/if the potential answers will give you anything.

You always question others when you could question yourself.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Y'all are freaking dumb for believing someone with unproven claims and a nameclaim of an already flipped character. Zen and Red Ruy should never be in endgame. Never.
People can't control who they end with all the time, a policy lynch at that point would have been ********. Dumb comment is dumb.

No I didn't believe Nabe, but Ryker was screaming Indy to me for pushing for my lynch which seemed really odd. If I roleblocked wrong, and Ryker was an indy or mafia we would have lost.

Granted the right thing should have been roleblocking Ryker lynching Nabe, but I messed up and roleblocked the wrong person.

Rajam

Smash Champion
lol I thought there was an indy left. No NKills plus 3 1/2 mafia already dead made me thought there was only an indy around. The color thing (red, dark red... brown) was also pretty confusing

Gheb... so scummy D1, but seeing your role now I guess it made sense to play like that

Nabe should've died after BS (lol at Boba Fett, I would've insta-lynched him based purely on that claim -> I need to rely less on flavor :x). Nabe's fake guilty was enough reason imo, although the Batman claim was super confusing (-> again, I need to rely less on flavor)

Also, sorry @town because I always stay behind early game :(. idk at what point exactly in D1 I get lost but I've got behind D1 in every single game I've played lol... Guess I need to simply skip RVS phase or at least not to over-analyze the very beginning of the game where pretty much nothing happens

I don't think Zen, BS, RR, etc. played bad. I'm mostly upset @Moriarty because of that policy-inactive lynch (necesary nonetheless) + his game D1 wasn't that brilliant... at least I didn't perceive Moriarty was town nearly D1 end

More shoutouts later

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I wasn't scummy, Rajam >_<
Though the way you were pushed reeked of impatient town more than you being scummy. Guess we made the best use of your role though.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I wasn't scummy, Rajam >_<
Though the way you were pushed reeked of impatient town more than you being scummy. Guess we made the best use of your role though.

Really?

I thought you were deliberately being scummy too. I was actually impressed with how you rationed your scumminess.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
even though I died immediately, I loved my PR :)

:phone:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
even though I died immediately, I loved my PR :)

:phone:
Yeah, Nabe already said this, but sorry for killing you. If we had known you were Joker, we would have picked someone else. Losing your kill suuuuucked.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5bOJT_HtUI

First off, props to Nabe for subverting my lynch attempts all game. I couldn't get Circus lynched because he played that Private Communication triangle. You played well and deserve MVP. Reads mean nothing if you can't get them lynched.

Zen, why the **** wouldn't you listen to me? EVER? You completely ignored my read when I died as well even though you had that flip. You say you were considering a Red Ruy lynch when I died, but you didn't remove your vote and didn't lynch Nabe for quick hammering. You instead, saw fit to leave the vote on the guy who correctly pinned the three flipped scum for what they were. My only bad read was Gheb because I thought he was SK instead of Vig. You came out and opposed a Circus lynch at EVERY opportunity and only ended up lynching him when I pointed out the math behind the choice to lynch him for the bomb (thank you Swiss for figuring that out). Then we get into end game and when I try and point out to you that YOU HAD NO REASON TO SUSPECT ME AS SCUM you set me up to get hammered and instead try and keep Ruy alive because through your QT you thought he was town despite the fact that you were persuaded to lynch him in LyLo. If I was scum, I would've had to have been a nonkilling indy and you wouldn't let that sway your confidence in your QT. You listened to that QT to the exclusion of everything else and it cost us all. You lynched Ruy for coasting over the mountain of things that didn't add up for Nabe. In a straight comparison, Nabe should've died. The only reason I suggested lynching Ruy over Nabe (as I said multiple times) was because he could and did already roleblock Nabe. Lynching them in the proper order was what I was aiming at.

Gheb, I apologize for the misread.

Circus, don't try and get me lynched as scum. It won't work for you.

Kevin, you cost us as much as Zen, maybe more.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
His forming a vote block and need to say," Zen we are lynching Ryu" seemed way too opportunistic to me with his unwhillingness to post, "I am town"

Even if Circus was scum his want to not do it stuck me as odd.
Circus had been fishing for my lynch all game. There was ZERO reason for me to give him the means to fakeclaim a guilty. Look at my motivation as town before you decide **** like that.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It wasn't even that much of a misread ... apparently I was scummy and I also had the ability to kill :p

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I guess it just didn't look that easy from my perspective. He was on the ropes a good number of times. He did manage to convince Ryker that he was pretty town, plus Zen looked like he was flat-out unwilling to lynch Ryu for a while. If he had stuck to that, then even after Ryker was lynched (again, HOW?!), Nabe should have been done for. That he was able to wriggle out of it shows some talent to me, or at the very least, tenacity. Which not everyone has.

Whatevs; I'm biased. It's up to OS.
When did he do that? I was on his *** since he started to try and set up a backdoor for Kevin's counterclaim. In end game I said multiple times that Nabe was the scummier player but that he was roleblocked and harmless at that point.

You being obv scum is what saved him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Zen, I'm not sure why you lynched me over Nabe, I refused to vote you because Nabe would have hammered you, you put me in a no win situation and I did the action that looked town, by not giving scum the ability to win with a quick hammer.

To me I also don't see why I was scummier than Nabe, even more so when I was working on answering your questions in the QT, and pointed out why Nabe wasn't fitting his claim.

Maybe there is something I missed but oh well water under the bridge.

@Ryker: I can see an indy fake town motivation by lynching mafia.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Circus/Nabe, don't worry about it, it's fine. I should've caught up quicker instead of just waiting until the next Day to get active.

Ironically, I didn't consider the second scum faction. I was going to send a message to Circus that night with my PR in order to get a RF lynch the next day.

Beat, did you give away X1's gift that you received N1?

Top Bottom